Author Topic: FC660M replacement keycaps.  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Hemanse

FC660M replacement keycaps.
« on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 12:43:33 »
Tried asking this on the mk subreddit, but all I got was a downvote, so thought I might find help here :)

My FC660M have a few fading caps and a cracked that's not usable anymore, so I would like to replace the keycaps. I am using QMX clips, so the replacement caps should also be Cherry profile.

I would love to get a GMK set or similar, but I do not have the funds for that sadly. I know the FC660M have some odd keys like the right shift, which I guess makes the search a bit more narrow.

Tried maybe finding a set from another FC660M user who replaced the caps, but with no luck.

https://kprepublic.com/products/cherry-profile-dye-sub-keycap-set-thick-pbt-plastic-black-yellow-gentleman-for-gh60-xd64-xd84-xd96-tada68-87-104-razer-corsair

Would something like this fit, the XD/TADA set seems like it would have all the keys for my board?

Thanks in advance  :thumb:

Offline thearctican

Re: FC660M replacement keycaps.
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 13:28:03 »
Caps for the FC660M should be pretty easy to find, but it kind of depends on when you got your FC660.

There was a cutoff where the spacebar stabilizer spacing was different. Can you take a photo of the back label and/or take off the space bar and take a photo of the switch and stabilizer?

We'll sort it out.

Offline Hemanse

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 13:38:21 »
Caps for the FC660M should be pretty easy to find, but it kind of depends on when you got your FC660.

There was a cutoff where the spacebar stabilizer spacing was different. Can you take a photo of the back label and/or take off the space bar and take a photo of the switch and stabilizer?

We'll sort it out.

I sure can, this is the label on the back of my board: https://i.imgur.com/BrXilHP.jpg

I am currently using the spacebar from the keycap set i have on my GK64, so i think it should be the normal spacing :)

Offline thearctican

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 22:17:19 »

We'll sort it out.

I sure can, this is the label on the back of my board: https://i.imgur.com/BrXilHP.jpg

I am currently using the spacebar from the keycap set i have on my GK64, so i think it should be the normal spacing :)
If the space bar works on the other board, then you likely have a 2nd gen in which case most any gmk set will work. Most sets for that matter. The only oddball is the 1u super key on the left.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Hemanse

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 12:43:44 »

We'll sort it out.

If the space bar works on the other board, then you likely have a 2nd gen in which case most any gmk set will work. Most sets for that matter. The only oddball is the 1u super key on the left.

I ordered the set i linked, should work fine atleast. GMK sets are a bit out of my pricerange :) The only exception im making is if Skeletor comes back, i want that set.

Offline thearctican

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 12:53:05 »

We'll sort it out.

I ordered the set i linked, should work fine atleast. GMK sets are a bit out of my pricerange :) The only exception im making is if Skeletor comes back, i want that set.
As long as you got the full kit you'll be fine ;)