Author Topic: [IC] ALF DC60(GB is over!!!!)  (Read 40789 times)

Offline ilouis_07

• Never Forget Your Origin
    • ILUMKB
[IC] ALF DC60(GB is over!!!!)
« on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 10:53:24 »
Hi all friends on GeekHack,
Today i am very excited to present our latest product: DC60 made by ALF Studio.

Firstly, some renders:

More Renders:
More

Specifications:
1. Made by 6 series aluminium.

2. Tray mount design, it compatibles with other GH60 PCB.(same screw position)

3. The slope is 7 degrees.

4. It has reserved battery slot for Bluetooth PCB.(deepness is 4mm)

Colors:
We have provided 10 colors for your choices

The index number from 1 to 4: Black, Grey(greenish), Blue, Red
                                   5 to 9: Pink, Light Blue, Purple, Orange and Silver
Another color sample photo:
More

One more Color, We call it Everest White

We used same craftsmanship on our X3 Renova white version.
Compare to MAO white finish:
More

Additional options:
ALF DC60 PCB: it will be matte black color with gold logo and mini USB connector.

Plate: CNC Aluminium(9 colors from index 1 to index 9)
It can support most of layouts, but make sure basic there are 3 types:
1. Lshift is 2u size and Rshift is 1u size
2. Lshift is 2.25u size and Rshift is 1.75u size
3. Standard ANSI 60%
More

Estimated Price:
Case 80USD(Pls note that Everest White is not anodizing and price need top up $40)
Plate 18USD
PCB  35USD

DC60 Deluxe Version(case mount, brass weight and etc) is coming soon:)

Updates:
21-June-18: Doing the prototype now, it would be finished by the early of July.(included Everest White version)
30-June-18: Prototype cnc process has finished.
03-July-2018: Anodizing done and prototype updated(red and silver).
04-July-2018: Deluxe draft is updated.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 October 2018, 07:54:35 by ilouis_07 »

Offline Traveler

Re: [IC] ALF DC60
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:00:52 »
Sadly I'm not in the market for another 60%, but if I was I would be incredibly interested in this. Some of those colors are unique and gorgeous! Best of luck.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:04:46 »
This is just a Fjell clone.

Please make something more original. Your other boards show that you can.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:19:18 »
That really is just a FJELL. This is rather disappointing that you're promoting such a product.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline JJ

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:20:17 »
What mount would board be?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
[IC] ALF DC60(restart)
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:22:19 »
That really is just a FJELL. This is rather disappointing that you're promoting such a product.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
After discussions, we have to say this is our  original product. Maybe similar to other keyboard but the this design comes from ALF.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 11:25:08 by ilouis_07 »

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
[IC] ALF DC60(restart)
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:24:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

After discussion, I think this is our original product, but I learned a lot from this time :) thanks man!
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 11:21:03 by ilouis_07 »

Offline JJ

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:26:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Omg that's really same. I will get back to ALF now. I didn't know before its exact same as FJELL, really sorry man ! I won't make this ic for them anymore :(
Lmao I would still buy as long as it's either top mount or sandwich mount cuz fjell pro is taking way too long

Offline dimo

Re: [IC] ALF DC60(cancelled)
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:37:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Omg that's really same. I will get back to ALF now. I didn't know before its exact same as FJELL, really sorry man ! I won't make this ic for them anymore :(
Lmao I would still buy as long as it's either top mount or sandwich mount cuz fjell pro is taking way too long

alf boards are usually so much more unique

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:41:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

:)
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 July 2018, 02:27:03 by ilouis_07 »

Offline dimo

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:43:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Agree, TBH it looks exact same as FJELL, I will discuss with them and i cancelled this IC already:( feels bad.

Probably a good learning experience, and I hope this pushes for an even stronger design in the future.

I’ll be patiently waiting for it! Good luck :]

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 11:55:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Agree, TBH it looks exact same as FJELL, I will discuss with them and i cancelled this IC already:( feels bad.

Probably a good learning experience, and I hope this pushes for an even stronger design in the future.

I’ll be patiently waiting for it! Good luck :]

strongly agree. I saw Fjell half of year ago. When i see the dc60 design, wow nice( i didnt recall fjell any,my bad). I hope they can come up with stronger design as well:) good experience bth! thanks all

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 12:43:46 »
just now i called ALF boss, this is his reply:
This is our original product since in 2016, at that time ALF just started up, and this is our first project, we call it CRUISER. we still have render

But we are the mkb customise team from north of china, if we used alum to build the keyboard wrist rest, in the winter this keyboard can't be used(north of china temperature -20 degrees, will you put your wrist on the metal which is as cold as ice?) so we cancelled the idea at that time but we still keeping the render til now.( he sent render to me)

After that our team saw Fjell, shocked as well. how come looks so similar to our CRUISER ? it is ok cos all the 60% keyboard more or less got somewhere similar.

Recently, we want to do some 60% kit(case, plate and pcb), we decided to remove the wrist part on CRUISER. so we redo the render. From the CRUISER render, if we removed the wrist rest part, it is dc60.

But i respect my audience, yes it is too close and too similar to Fjell, but this is our original work! Our ALF purpose is to do the fantastic keyboard kit and we already done a lot of unique kits, we are not copy other people's ideas or works and clone it. We have brand, it is called ALF.
I will modify the case a bit in the end, but i have to say this is my original works again. The price for this case will be around 80 USD.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 June 2018, 12:46:21 by ilouis_07 »

Offline dimo

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 13:13:11 »
Reminds of the Royal Glam wooden case+wrist rest. I kinda like it :]

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 17 June 2018, 15:04:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The same argument could be made for KBDfans tofu and the klippe.

There are only so many ways to design a rectangle, as ilouis_07 said. Given the provided renders in his following reply, it looks like the fjell might actually be more of a copy than this ever was.

Thats to say nothing of the price point, which blows the fjell out of the water.

This is our original product since in 2016, at that time ALF just started up, and this is our first project, we call it CRUISER. we still have render
Show Image

But we are the mkb customise team from north of china, if we used alum to build the keyboard wrist rest, in the winter this keyboard can't be used(north of china temperature -20 degrees, will you put your wrist on the metal which is as cold as ice?) so we cancelled the idea at that time but we still keeping the render til now.( he sent render to me)

After that our team saw Fjell, shocked as well. how come looks so similar to our CRUISER ? it is ok cos all the 60% keyboard more or less got somewhere similar.

Recently, we want to do some 60% kit(case, plate and pcb), we decided to remove the wrist part on CRUISER. so we redo the render. From the CRUISER render, if we removed the wrist rest part, it is dc60.

But i respect my audience, yes it is too close and too similar to Fjell, but this is our original work! Our ALF purpose is to do the fantastic keyboard kit and we already done a lot of unique kits, we are not copy other people's ideas or works and clone it. We have brand, it is called ALF.
I will modify the case a bit in the end, but i have to say this is my original works again. The price for this case will be around 80 USD.

I like a vendor who has faith in his product, it shows integrity.

Its a beautiful design, its no wonder great minds think alike. Given the price and features, this looks like a very innovative product.

In your redesign a top mount, or sandwich mount, would be very appealing and easily justify a price increase.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 June 2018, 16:39:41 by Yeoh »

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 02:22:19 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The same argument could be made for KBDfans tofu and the klippe.

There are only so many ways to design a rectangle, as ilouis_07 said. Given the provided renders in his following reply, it looks like the fjell might actually be more of a copy than this ever was.

Thats to say nothing of the price point, which blows the fjell out of the water.

Show Image

I like a vendor who has faith in his product, it shows integrity.

Its a beautiful design, its no wonder great minds think alike. Given the price and features, this looks like a very innovative product.

In your redesign a top mount, or sandwich mount, would be very appealing and easily justify a price increase.
I discussed with ALF on the designs and this IC issue in the afternoon. Personally i believe that this design belongs to them. They said: I am doing my kits based on my designs, what is the problem? Even i did wood prototype long ago for my CRUISER.(we gave up for alum wrist rest version, but we used wood instead)

After that he also said: We can modify the case design, but imo, for 60% case, if we design to case mount or 3 layer sandwich, it looks not clean, too complicated for just 60% case and the costs will be definitely increased. In my personal opinion, it is not a good choice. So we will stick with tray mount at this time.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 18:28:49 »
Im glad you are continuing, it is a good design.

After that he also said: We can modify the case design, but imo, for 60% case, if we design to case mount or 3 layer sandwich, it looks not clean, too complicated for just 60% case and the costs will be definitely increased. In my personal opinion, it is not a good choice. So we will stick with tray mount at this time.

A 'complicated' 60% is what I want, even more than this design. I have many tray mount cases, and I like it when a designer comes up with something different/unique (like the fusion60, for example.)

I agree it will be much harder to design/manufacture, but I would be happy to pay much more for that type of product.

Perhaps the next project?

Offline Harms

Re: [IC] ALF DC60(PENDING)
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 20:50:27 »

A 'complicated' 60% is what I want, even more than this design. I have many tray mount cases, and I like it when a designer comes up with something different/unique (like the fusion60, for example.)

I agree it will be much harder to design/manufacture, but I would be happy to pay much more for that type of product.

I agree. Tray mount is boring and one can easily get a variety of tray mount cases from online shops. It is better to go for top mount or something else in my opinion.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:44:27 »

Thanks for the suggestion:) We will still carry on this design this project, it wont be cancelled. But the tray mount or case mount we  are still discussing, ALF prefer tray mount but as Group Buy runner , i need support my audience:) Some ppl said yes for this and some are said i want case mount, so my general idea now is we can do 2 versions: basic version and luxury version. But i need discuss with them about my idea. Looks like a lot works is coming:) But we will definitely bring back something GOOD:p

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
Re: [IC] ALF DC60(PENDING)
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 22:54:54 »

I agree. Tray mount is boring and one can easily get a variety of tray mount cases from online shops. It is better to go for top mount or something else in my opinion.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
Hi, good to hear from you:)

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 18 June 2018, 23:01:31 »
my general idea now is we can do 2 versions: basic version and luxury version. But i need discuss with them about my idea. Looks like a lot works is coming:) But we will definitely bring back something GOOD:p

This is great. Love it. This will keep everyone happy and give all a chance to decide if the cost increase is worth it or not.

Offline Harms

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 03:40:59 »
my general idea now is we can do 2 versions: basic version and luxury version. But i need discuss with them about my idea. Looks like a lot works is coming:) But we will definitely bring back something GOOD:p

This is great. Love it. This will keep everyone happy and give all a chance to decide if the cost increase is worth it or not.
Yea it would be great to have options.  :)

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 09:46:18 »
IC restart again:)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [IC] ALF DC60(restart)
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 01:54:27 »
Wow, this is definitely a steal. Alf produced great quality products and this is awesome.
Good luck with the GB!

Offline JJ

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 03:08:03 »
Excited for the luxury version

Offline moonmembrane

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 03:27:08 »
I'm keen to get another 60. This could be it  :D

Offline yonghf

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 04:53:19 »
Looking forward to it :)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 05:11:50 »
You should add some extra standoffs for the top and bottom of the pcb in the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #28 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 08:56:18 »
Wow, this is definitely a steal. Alf produced great quality products and this is awesome.
Good luck with the GB!
Oh thanks man:)
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:09:22 by ilouis_07 »

Offline _ODIN_

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 08:59:28 »
Good luck with the GB!
why ? a steal?
he just says that the product is priced very well

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:02:00 »
I'm keen to get another 60. This could be it  :D
Thank you:)

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:08:38 »
Good luck with the GB!
why ? a steal?
he just says that the product is priced very well
Oh i got it:) thanks

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:12:52 »
You should add some extra standoffs for the top and bottom of the pcb in the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oh okay, thanks:)
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:18:17 by ilouis_07 »

Offline SteffeMK

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:27:12 »
Have you got a timeline when the gb will start. I'm very interested in this!

Skickat från min SM-N950F via Tapatalk

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:27:12 »
Good luck with the GB!
Sorry bro, I misunderstand just now :p thanks and hope you like it man!

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:50:13 »
Look at that price!!! Woooow.. good to see custom keyboard are getting more affordable

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 09:50:37 »
Have you got a timeline when the gb will start. I'm very interested in this!

currently we are designing the luxury version,once we finished, will update again. GB should be next month.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 10:06:13 »

Curious besides the brass Wright what will be the key difference between normal and lux version and price difference :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 10:08:30 »
Good luck with the GB!
Sorry bro, I misunderstand just now :p thanks and hope you like it man!

No worries man! Can’t wait for the GB to start!

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 10:09:57 »
Look at that price!!! Woooow.. good to see custom keyboard are getting more affordable

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

They are probably selling at marginal cost. I’ve seen Alf’s work it’s amazing. Especially the new white color option.

Offline dimo

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 10:36:58 »
Right after I ordered the tofu ))))))):

that sucks..

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 11:34:16 »

that sucks..

Buy both....

Offline manitoid

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:38:10 »
Looking forward to seeing the luxury version

Offline emperact

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 16:46:36 »
I'm definitely interested! Everest White is beautiful.

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 20:51:35 »

Curious besides the brass Wright what will be the key difference between normal and lux version and price difference :)

Normal = Tray Mount version we have seen in pictures already.

Deluxe Version = Alternate mounting method. Hopefully Top Mount, although Sandwich Mount would be good as well. Price is subject to change based on the complexity of the design he comes up with.

Should be VERY interesting!

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 21:17:29 »
That greenish grey is getting me all excited over here. Looking forward to seeing what the deluxe version will be like! (And the price.. really was in love with the ALF X3, but I just couldn't part with that much cash for it)

Offline MMKB

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 20 June 2018, 23:38:02 »

that sucks..

Me too dammit. But I think I'm getting the white DC60 too.

Offline nickaster1

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 03:24:05 »
Any chance the PCB supports holtites?

Offline Geckt

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 05:45:39 »
@ilouis_07 When??

Offline ilouis_07

• ILUMKB
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 08:48:22 »
@ilouis_07 When??
hi, we are designing the luxury version now. Basic version prototype will be out on the early July.