Author Topic: [GB] Fox Lab - Time 80 Reforged  (Read 270170 times)

Offline Lufenia

Re: [GB] Fox Lab - Time 80 Reforged
« Reply #600 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 06:27:50 »
Yeah these guys don't respond.  Definately something to consider for any of their future group buys. 

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #601 on: Sun, 18 July 2021, 11:06:34 »
Yeah these guys don't respond.  Definately something to consider for any of their future group buys.

They've always responded to me. This is not to detract from your experience nor am I trying to categorically state that one or the other is the normal procedure for them but figured I'd chime in.

Offline Makish

• hi
« Reply #602 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 21:30:29 »

They've always responded to me. This is not to detract from your experience nor am I trying to categorically state that one or the other is the normal procedure for them but figured I'd chime in.

Nice thanks for sharing your experience. I have full faith in Senter and the rest of Fox Labs.

Just wondering, how did you contact them?

Offline syamil17

« Reply #603 on: Mon, 19 July 2021, 22:21:16 »

Nice thanks for sharing your experience. I have full faith in Senter and the rest of Fox Labs.

Had no issues contacting them through their email, runninghack@gmail(dot)com. Got a reply the next day

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #604 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 09:21:06 »

I haven't needed to contact them for a while, ordered and received my 80RE with no issues but I'm pretty sure both times I had a few back and forths with Senter regarding the initial run of the Time as well as the Leaf60 it was through the email Syamil mentioned, runninghack.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #605 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 13:58:34 »

Had no issues contacting them through their email, runninghack@gmail(dot)com. Got a reply the next day

I sent 2 emails to this address on July 8 and yesterday, no response.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #606 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 21:55:29 »
Anyone tried alps build on this board? I bought it because I thought I could use Leaf 80's Alps plate on it, but I just find out that time80re doesn't have enough clearance on the screw holes, since the new plates are thinner...

I saw there is a plate file on github, but the stab seems to be cherry pcb mount? Not sure if it support costar stab instead. Otherwise I am limited to stab keys with cherry mount, which I couldn't find any for WKL layout.
http://foxlabkeyboard.com/gbs/Time80RE.html

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #607 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 22:10:36 »
Anyone tried alps build on this board? I bought it because I thought I could use Leaf 80's Alps plate on it, but I just find out that time80re doesn't have enough clearance on the screw holes, since the new plates are thinner...

I saw there is a plate file on github, but the stab seems to be cherry pcb mount? Not sure if it support costar stab instead. Otherwise I am limited to stab keys with cherry mount, which I couldn't find any for WKL layout.

i built mine with alps

Offline shansoft

« Reply #608 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 23:21:09 »

i built mine with alps

How did you fit in the stab? Typical alps stab doesn’t seem to be supported.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #609 on: Wed, 21 July 2021, 23:46:50 »
used a keycaps set that supports cherry stabs. it says on the website where you get the plate files that the plate files given only support cherry stabs

Offline shansoft

« Reply #610 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 01:03:46 »
used a keycaps set that supports cherry stabs. it says on the website where you get the plate files that the plate files given only support cherry stabs

There are practically only 1 type of keycaps that supports it AFAIK. Either the Krepublic's XDA alps or SA's DCS Alps(extremely hard to find).

I am asking about this since leaf 80 alps plate have the support, just the clearance problem with screw hole that is blocking it from the front weight for Time80Re :-X

Offline speedycake

« Reply #611 on: Fri, 23 July 2021, 18:21:34 »
Is there QMK firmware source available? I want to enable scroll lock LED shinethrough instead of having that as a backlight LED.

EDIT: nevermind found it, didn't realize it would be called time_re in the repo
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 July 2021, 18:26:50 by speedycake »

Offline Seydoux

« Reply #612 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 05:36:05 »
I have received the keyboard via DHL, found my keyboard got to scratch and dent on the brass weight, how to go about this?

Offline wybaugh

« Reply #613 on: Sat, 24 July 2021, 15:10:40 »
Finally received mine and built it today.  Vermillion Bird switches and GMK Godspeed

Offline tngpq

« Reply #614 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 06:31:56 »
Finally received mine and built it today.  Vermillion Bird switches and GMK Godspeed

What did you do to the bottom row….

Offline okidna

« Reply #615 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 09:09:42 »

What did you do to the bottom row….

Not only bottom row....

Thanks for the good laugh  :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

Offline enchiyaki

« Reply #616 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 12:33:49 »

i built mine with alps

How thick did you make your plate?

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #617 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 13:45:07 »

i built mine with alps

1.5mm by accident. no issues luckily. if anything, make the screw holes and stab cutouts a bit larger. I'm told alps should use 1.2mm

Offline Makish

• hi
« Reply #618 on: Mon, 02 August 2021, 12:40:40 »
I messed up pretty bad.

Senter replied to me, only to discover I messed up horrifically by not reading the GB description, and didn't separately order the badge and plate.

Then, I didn't leave an e-mail address.

However, Senter still had the patience to deal with me, and respond to my e-mails.

Thank you Senter and Fox Labs.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #619 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 01:31:05 »
Senter is solid. Tremendous patience.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #620 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 02:04:52 »

i built mine with alps

1.5mm by accident. no issues luckily. if anything, make the screw holes and stab cutouts a bit larger. I'm told alps should use 1.2mm

Is there a place to buy these alps plates  ? Pom or otherwise.

Offline stan1337

« Reply #621 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 17:28:06 »
Anyone know if there will be extras(PCB, weights, plates, etc)?

Offline alex11774

« Reply #622 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 11:00:30 »
Anyone know if there will be extras(PCB, weights, plates, etc)?

Not sure, was looking for extra PCB as well.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #623 on: Fri, 10 September 2021, 08:22:15 »
Well I have finally gotten a response after a couple of emails and 2-3 months of silence. 

Long story short, Fox Labs will not replace my dented TIME badge at the front.

I wasn't even asking for a full replace, just the front badge.

I will be avoiding all Fox Labs boards and hopefully anyone considering buying their products in the future will use my experience with them as a reference.

Offline 24kpurehandsome

« Reply #624 on: Sat, 11 September 2021, 08:42:16 »
Well I have finally gotten a response after a couple of emails and 2-3 months of silence. 

I will be avoiding all Fox Labs boards and hopefully anyone considering buying their products in the future will use my experience with them as a reference.

I second this, I am avoiding all Fox Labs future boards as well. I merely asked if I can swap the extra pcb from hotswap to solder and he wouldn't do this. It was only a week after closing of the GB.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #625 on: Sun, 12 September 2021, 15:52:53 »

I had an issue with them as well, which I mentioned here https://youtu.be/PDz2Y7iqQVA?t=196 I like their boards, including this one, but I will also not buying from them any more.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 September 2021, 15:54:34 by kiyoboard »

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #626 on: Tue, 14 September 2021, 13:59:28 »
I received a board with cosmetic damages, and attempted to contact them for the last month and a half with no response.

With similar complaints as seen in this thread, I humbly request GH admin to take this into consideration when approving their next GB thread.

Offline CaptainVinceO2

• ApexKeyboards
« Reply #627 on: Tue, 21 September 2021, 12:41:56 »

I second this, I am avoiding all Fox Labs future boards as well. I merely asked if I can swap the extra pcb from hotswap to solder and he wouldn't do this. It was only a week after closing of the GB.

Pretty common for vendors to not allow order edits or refunds after GB has closed.

Offline kurokamiyuudai

« Reply #628 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 11:10:27 »
Hello.

Noob here. Sorry for the dumb question but I would like to ask something.

I was looking on the site of Fox labs and I was able to see that there is still stocks of Time 80 Reforged: https://foxlab.store/products/time80re-leftovers-batch-4

I would like to confirm if it is still open just to make sure before hitting the button on the mentioned site site.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #629 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:41:35 »

I had an issue with them as well, which I mentioned here https://youtu.be/PDz2Y7iqQVA?t=196 I like their boards, including this one, but I will also not buying from them any more.

The issue you mentioned is completely on you if I understand it correctly. There’s bold red font on the store page asking you to read the description before placing the order and you didn’t. I’ve also made all the important information in bold font in the description and you didn’t notice. The description clearly said if you place the second order for the badge+plate bundle you’ll receive only the plate, and you ask for a refund. If there are better ways of preventing you from placing the wrong order I would do. I’ve partially refunded all the orders who ordered extra plate+badge bundle. Unfortunately I didn't catch your mistake but I believe it was the only case. I could have refunded you for that little money. I don't think I had to thought because you received exactly what you were supposed to receive.

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #630 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:42:35 »
For several people who didn’t receive a response from me, sorry about that. I can assure you that I do reply to emails. At the very minimum, I always try my best to solve any issues that are very clearly wrong such like missing packages, wrong colors, missing parts, severe damages, etc. When I’m busy with work, I may ignore some emails that look like scams, from super picky buyer, for buying out-of-stock parts, are very rude, and so on. Now I’m starting to have more time and I’ll try my best to improve that.

That being said, may I propose several aspects that I hope some of you can do? I’m not saying that you should follow any of these. I’m just suggesting that if you follow these, it doesn’t hurt you, and very possibly you will also be traded very well in return, not just from Fox Lab, but also from other GB runners in the community.

1. Be friendly: No matter what the issue is, keep restrained and friendly at least in the beginning. Being aggressive can only make things worth. Express how frustrated and angry you are, or even threaten the seller doesn’t help and can even be counterproductive.
2. Be informative: Provide as much as information as possible in advance (e.g., order number, clear photos). You only need to describe the issues accurately and objectively. Expressing how much it bothers you does not help.  Exaggerating how serious the issue is does not help.
3. Be patient. Do not ask the seller to reply to you or solve your problem ASAP.
4. Be specific. If you’re reaching out to solve a problem, the problem can be solve more efficiently if you can specify your expectations of possible solutions.
5. Be forgiving. For minor issues, consider to accept the item as is or pay the international shipping.  If the issues are fixable, show the seller that you made efforts to solve it by yourself. The sellers are always willing to trade

Offline senter

• * Maker
« Reply #631 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 15:44:08 »
Leftover PCBs will be available in the store tonight 9PM.
I'll also list reproduction PCBs for Leaf80, Leaf60, and Key65.

Offline kiyoboard

« Reply #632 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 20:11:40 »

The issue you mentioned is completely on you if I understand it correctly. There’s bold red font on the store page asking you to read the description before placing the order and you didn’t. I’ve also made all the important information in bold font in the description and you didn’t notice. The description clearly said if you place the second order for the badge+plate bundle you’ll receive only the plate, and you ask for a refund. If there are better ways of preventing you from placing the wrong order I would do. I’ve partially refunded all the orders who ordered extra plate+badge bundle. Unfortunately I didn't catch your mistake but I believe it was the only case. I could have refunded you for that little money. I don't think I had to thought because you received exactly what you were supposed to receive.

I already admitted my mistake about not reading all the text, but to be honest, never thought that a seller would make it so that you order something more than 1 and not send the item in the description just because there is a single line mentioning it in the page. And as I mentioned in my email, extreme example for this would be letting people buy multiple boards, but adding a single line somewhere in the description saying that you can only order 1 keyboard, and for the rest of your orders you will be getting 1 hi-chew each :) The only difference between that and this situation is that how much money the buyer is losing, but doesn't change the underlying problem about buyer not getting what they paid for.

Not having a better way to setup it, to simply put, doesn't sound true at all. So, you are saying that currently, in the 21st century, the limits of technology we have is that you can't have a shopping page that is setup in a way which doesn't let people add more than 1 of the same item to your cart?

And important information being in bold is not 100% correct either. Again, I showed in the video, and you can see in your webpage as well. The line that mentions this limitation is not even fully visible on 1080p screen, and not visible at all on phones. Attached screenshot showing how it looks on a 1080p screen and how this limitation is listed in the page.

If everyone who had this issue is refunded, and I was somehow got unlucky, that is fine I guess. Overall, it was a good lesson for me to read the description better from now on, but it was also unfortunate since as mentioned I like your boards, and would have loved to continue supporting on future GBs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 September 2021, 20:48:00 by kiyoboard »

Offline Jedi

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 21:40:14 »
Disregard again, apparently I can't read.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 September 2021, 21:42:34 by Jedi »

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #634 on: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:38:59 »
I've noticed that Senter's time has been limited after July. I'm hoping that, with Leaf 65% wrapping up, Senter can get back to replying to emails/requests that were lower priority.

Senter -- I read your list of general rules/etiquette. The honesty and transparency of them are refreshing even if it's not desirable to think you are ignoring people who are buying OoS parts or are "picky" -- those are very variable, undefined, unknowable qualities. With that in mind, to suggest an addition to your list of rules: As a seller, respond back, even if it's not the response someone wants to hear. I promise you that ignoring people will exacerbate an issue.

"I saw this and will respond when my time is free after XYZ. I added it to a follow-up list."
"Still tracking, busy, but will get back to you."
"That item is out of stock and I will not be stocking any further."
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 October 2021, 07:49:47 by Curin Derwin »

Offline chll

« Reply #635 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 01:08:55 »
Is there a way to turn off the LED on the LED badge?

Offline ZAND4

« Reply #636 on: Tue, 18 January 2022, 06:52:07 »
Indeed there is.
As far as I remember -
Fn + Q is on/off
FN + E would change blink frequency
FN + A does the color

Online hzh0525

« Reply #637 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 14:19:53 »
very classical!