Author Topic: [IC] Domikey Minty Fresh - GB August 15th - Live  (Read 44562 times)

Offline Swishy

[IC] Domikey Minty Fresh - GB August 15th - Live
« on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:44:11 »

Hi everyone, this is the interest check for Domikey Minty Fresh

Please fill out the IC FORM

For those who haven’t been following since the beginning this set originally started as a simple colorway set and evolved into a set surrounding dental hygiene thanks to community feedback. I believe that awareness to Dental Hygiene is quite important as it is something many take for granted. Because of this I will be Donating 25% of my profit to the America’s Tooth Fairy to help do my part in giving back.

COLORS

The set uses Pantone 331 for the alpha's, and Pantone 295 for mods, with WS1 for the accents

(Comparison to GMK Necro; Necro the keycaps on top)

Jessica finally got back to me, I have her blessing to run the set.

KITTING

Base: covers 60-TKL - $100 USD (iso being added to base)

(Staggered 40s folks; Currently Domikey is missing 2 keys to complete three key support, for some reason they have 1.75 backspace. An agreement has been made that is if the set hit 1k base kits they will make a new mold that will add the 1.25 Tab and 1.5 Enter along with Mod pipe and R2 2U backspace (thats for me). These keys will be added to the base kit, if achieved so if you do want the set get the base kit assuming it gets close )

Light Alphas - $40 USD:

Dark Alphas/Num - $50 USD:

Numpad - $22 USD:

Novelties - $45 USD: done by Nolsia

Spacebars - $30 USD: 2x1u, 2x1.75u, 6.25u, 7u, 2x2u, 2.75u, 2.75, 2x3u

RENDERS (by Skok)

Onyx, by FunderBurker:

8-bit 60, By Me:

Tiltedalice fake board by me:

Note: Keeb renders are done under different lighting and can change the way they appear, this correlates with real life. But these are still renders, meaning your screen can affect how you see the color.

VENDOR

Cannonkeys
Keygem
Protozoa
CustomKBD
Hexkeyboards
Zfrontier
Swagkeys

PRICING

-Base Kit $100 USD
-Minty Alphas $40 USD
-Deep Blue alphas $50 USD
-Novelties $45 USD
-Numpad $22 USD
-space bars $30 USD

IC FORM

I am working on a monkeytype theme and would love some feedback Monkeytype Theme

UPDATE

Updated the Base kit added Mod Pipe and Mod Tilde. Removed the 00 and 1.25 enter

Kitting completely redone to better work with DMK molds (domikey is different from GMK in that they do the kits in a single molds, meaning its more efficient but also less flexible.)

Domikey cherry comparison

Due to the fact domikey uses a different font, that it doesnt make sense to compare.

More
I reached out to a community member for photos and comparison photos

For reference GMK Metropolis uses Pantone 5395 C and My set uses Pantone 540 C :

just to make this clear photos have flaws too when showing colors but I hope having the reference there helps you see how different my set is from nerco. The only similarity is the Green at most.

More images HERE

General info

- Profile: Cherry
- Material: ABS
- Production process: Double-shot (no triple-shot for this set, since no subs)
- mold style: Batch(gmk is single allowing for more flexibility but also takes longer)
- Current lead times: 3 months production after order placed; (this doesn’t account for time to get to vendors)
- Country of production: China
- Color-matching Process: it is done before GB, colors will be chosen before you pay

Thank you so much for your support

Code: [Select]
[url= https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=112540.0] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7zM3TPP.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 August 2022, 10:20:52 by Swishy »

Offline HoodrowThrillson

Re: GMK Green + Blue
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:45:21 »
necro is that you?
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline FinalEleven

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:47:07 »
first thing that came to mind is ...necro?

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:48:40 »
here is actual image of necro, render looks nothing like it (except to a certain somebody):

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:56:45 »
Please add mod tilde (and pipe).

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 20:59:36 »
gmk how necro actually came out

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 21:01:45 »
Swishy do the 40’s users have you hostage?

Offline Swishy

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 21:02:03 »
I've wanted another run of necro for a while, but I cannot get into contact with the original creator nor are they active in the community any more. If people see this as a huge issue, then of course I will not move forward with this. My goal was to bring some updated kitting tothe colorway and give people another chance to get the set

Offline Swishy

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 21:08:11 »
Swishy do the 40’s users have you hostage?
I guess you could say that since I have three 40s boards!!!

Offline sGhost

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 21:18:23 »
I appreciate the fact that you want to give the community another opportunity to get necro cuz i genuinely like it and i wouldnt get an aftermarket of it personally cuz im broke, but I think it'd be cool to run the colorway that was originally advertised, as long as the community is okay with it ofc :blank:

Offline NovaRMK

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 21:22:10 »
Good set, bad name (sorry luv u)

Offline Swishy

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:03:44 »
267338-0
I also had this idea for mono alphas if the set doesn't get cancelled expect an alphas kits

Offline Banned

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:04:41 »
NE1 care about it looking like necro? Cuz I don't

Offline Aritega

• Art by ringo
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:13:43 »
I really like the colorway! Just fix the accent enter key in the base kit.

Offline Starston3

GMK Green + Blue
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:17:31 »
I've wanted another run of necro for a while, but I cannot get into contact with the original creator nor are they active in the community any more. If people see this as a huge issue, then of course I will not move forward with this. My goal was to bring some updated kitting tothe colorway and give people another chance to get the set
You can’t just run another person’s colourway because you want to.

Vendors might pick this up but Andy from GMK has mentioned that they will stop sets that use the same colours from previous set without permission.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 22:46:26 »

Vendors might pick this up but Andy from GMK has mentioned that they will stop sets that use the same colours from previous set without permission.
I think you have something confused my intention is not to run someone else's color way, which is why I tried to do a color comparison, but I was tricked by my googling as the results that appear on google. The results are just as bad as the original sets outcome. Also it's not the same color way, similar sure, and my intentions are not to steal someones accident since the color matching of Necro is scuffed. But I do understand your feelings which is why this is an IC, if no one likes it or if GMK has an issue with it then I will happily cancel it.

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 23:20:48 »
Needs a better name. Like the vibe.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline pancake

• instagram
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 27 April 2021, 23:37:11 »
Needs a better name. Like the vibe.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

like necro
SA Bisoromi | GMK Gregory
More
HHKB Snow | HHKB Snow 25th | Kafka 87 | OTD 360c | Realforce R3TL BT | RS | RS60 | RS65 | TGR Jane v2 CE | VSPO!GEAR 橘ひなのEdition

Offline Bonsa

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 02:40:36 »
ayyy I already know 40's support is going to be great on this one!
edit: Not kidding when I say I would like the green to be a little more muted (indeed like Necro), I still believe this set is something completely on its own and not "copy of".
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 May 2021, 05:14:55 by Bonsa »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 02:56:41 »
here is actual image of necro, render looks nothing like it (except to a certain somebody):

Show Image

oh boi this old photo of mine brings back memories

Offline Swishy

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 12:56:15 »
I really like the colorway! Just fix the accent enter key in the base kit.

Show Image

Will fix when I add mod pipe

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 13:23:37 »

I think you have something confused my intention is not to run someone else's color way, which is why I tried to do a color comparison, but I was tricked by my googling as the results that appear on google. The results are just as bad as the original sets outcome. Also it's not the same color way, similar sure, and my intentions are not to steal someones accident since the color matching of Necro is scuffed. But I do understand your feelings which is why this is an IC, if no one likes it or if GMK has an issue with it then I will happily cancel it.

Wait so you wanted another run of Necro but you didn't want to do that specific color way in fear of copying so you chose similar colors so you can run something different?
Treeleaf moment?? Please help Me to understand
Not being toxic
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Swishy

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 13:37:31 »

Wait so you wanted another run of Necro but you didn't want to do that specific color way in fear of copying so you chose similar colors so you can run something different?
Treeleaf moment?? Please help Me to understand
Not being toxic

Nope was not in fear of copying a color way; i just wanted to use green and blue. I like the color combination, and it hasn't run in years. If any thing its my personal take on the color combination as opposed to copying. We have seen many cases of this with blue on blue or something similar with GMK Mizu, GMK Nightlight, Kat Comet, what ever next blue on blue set we may see, also not to mention all the beige combinations and BoW WoB. To me this is just plastic, so if people have an issue as stated before I have no problem dropping the set. Lastly, I reached out to GMK and they said the colorway shouldn't be a problem.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 14:29:09 »

Nope was not in fear of copying a color way; i just wanted to use green and blue. I like the color combination, and it hasn't run in years. If any thing its my personal take on the color combination as opposed to copying. We have seen many cases of this with blue on blue or something similar with GMK Mizu, GMK Nightlight, Kat Comet, what ever next blue on blue set we may see, also not to mention all the beige combinations and BoW WoB. To me this is just plastic, so if people have an issue as stated before I have no problem dropping the set. Lastly, I reached out to GMK and they said the colorway shouldn't be a problem.

Yay good ~ :)

Offline Swishy

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 14:40:11 »

Do i get treeleaf seal of approval?

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
Re: [IC] GMK Green + Blue
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 18:06:54 »
finally a render that looks like necro irl
cute colors tho i always liked them, the legends popping out on your set help a lot too

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 18:31:03 »

Do i get treeleaf seal of approval?
I wouldn't buy it  Not my type of key set

Offline itsazly

• website place
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 20:06:48 »
As much as I want necro still for the novelties, the colors of how it turned out are why I love the set.

Mint + Navy is just such a nice combo. GLWIC

Offline knobbers

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 12:15:17 »
I love the mint alphas

would love an alt mods kit  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 April 2021, 12:23:51 by knobbers »

Offline Oggi

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 21:20:32 »
Reminds me of toothpaste

Offline dingusxmcgee

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 29 April 2021, 21:45:42 »
I like it

Offline Swishy

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 02:26:24 »
Updated the base kits, and got some good ideas from reddit post yesterday possible name change to GMK Sea-foam, but if I do change I would want to get art and stuff for it to make sure I commit to theme.

Offline JKKEEBS

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 14:20:18 »
Interesting shade of green...

Offline Sainity

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 30 April 2021, 17:05:28 »
I'd +1 GMK Sea-foam. I could see some nice novelties coming out of that.

Offline Oggi

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 02 May 2021, 21:35:01 »
My teeth have been cleansed

Offline lofi_network

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 03:51:27 »
Updated the base kits, and got some good ideas from reddit post yesterday possible name change to GMK Sea-foam, but if I do change I would want to get art and stuff for it to make sure I commit to theme.
Just an FYI, DSA Seafoam already exists so that might be confusing.

Offline Swishy

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 03 May 2021, 11:23:05 »
Just an FYI, DSA Seafoam already exists so that might be confusing.
Oh that is good to know

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] GMK Green + Blue | Small update have Necro comparison photos
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 08:06:20 »
https://imgur.com/a/j0vzRAU check out the comparison photos

Offline actress

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:51:42 »
I kinda like Necro more  :blank:

Offline Swishy

Offline eljudio42

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 14:07:42 »
i'm just here to say that i love tilted 40 and i want to know more

Offline Swishy

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 01:40:44 »
i'm just here to say that i love tilted 40 and i want to know more
Love that you like it, hopefully will happen later this year. A reversible angle top mount 40% with an cnc’d FR4 bottom half.

Offline frostykoala

• consider Nightlight
    • Check out some Renders :)
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 10 May 2021, 17:31:01 »
minty fresh

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] GMK Green + Blue | working on monkey type theme
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 02 June 2021, 04:10:20 »
Monkeytype Theme
please check out the Monkeytype theme I am working on and give some feedback
I am hiring an artist for novelties, but they won't be available till late June so until then I decided would be fun to work on this!

Offline bbf2021

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 20:28:54 »
Absolute top of my list.  Can't wait for this GB! 

Offline Swishy

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 21 June 2021, 17:45:27 »
Absolute top of my list.  Can't wait for this GB!
Glad to hear!!!

Offline Swishy

Re: [IC] GMK Minty Fresh | Novelties coming soon
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 21:23:35 »
Currently looking into other manus

Offline toekneeg

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 05 August 2021, 15:00:23 »
Currently looking into other manus

Yes please! The 1.5+ year wait for GMK is ridiculous.

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #48 on: Fri, 06 August 2021, 03:19:51 »
I really like the mods, would love this with dark alphas in the same way as the mods. Maybe that's a possibility with a different manufacturer?

Offline hali

• hali.studio
Re: [IC] Domikey Minty Fresh | Novelties coming soon | kitting changing
« Reply #49 on: Sat, 07 August 2021, 12:14:07 »
there's quite the disconnect between manu and set name right now