Author Topic: [GB] GMK Oblivion V3.1 - COMPLETED - V3.2 tentatively in September 2023  (Read 107941 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.

Guten Tag,

I would like to announce that in early July of this year (so in like 4 weeks) on July 2nd, the Group Buy for GMK Oblivion V3.1 will be launching across several vendors around the globe. As this set does not need its interest checked, I have decided to just make a GB thread several weeks ahead of its launch. The kits are pretty much final and have been submitted to GMK for pricing. However I am leaving Colevrak open for discussion as I assume there will be requests for extending that kit. So use this time to propose changes and why certain keys should be added, "Please add X" requests without an explanation as to why that key is necessary will be ignored. Other kits can still be adjusted as well, should any errors be discovered.

Vendors
Asia - monokei.co
Canada - deskhero.ca
China - zfrontier.com
Europe - oblotzky.industries
Oceania - dailyclack.com
South America - fancycustoms.com
South Korea - swagkeys.com
United Kingdom - prototypist.net
United States - novelkeys.xyz

Pricing
See individual vendor pages.

Timeline
Group Buy: From July 2nd 2021 to August 4th 2021
Delivery: Roughly 12 months after the group buy has ended.

Kits

Collaborations

Salvun Keycaps

NK65 Oblivion Edition
Recolored NK Silk Yellow Switches (Linear 63.5g)
Aluminium Plate
Injection Molded Polycarbonate Case

RAMA WORKS × GMK Oblivion M6-C

Deskmats

Hilbert Dark by Zambumon

Git Branches, designed with biip

A third design is being worked on.

More sexy renders by pikku-allu

Now at this point, about half of you are probably wondering

Here's the deal. From its inception, the Oblivion keyset has been hamstrung by me because I added so many options to it. Multiple modifier types (Git, Regular, Monochrome) as well as two alpha colors (Oblivion Gray and Hagoromo) make decisions difficult. For SA, the profile I created this set first, this works pretty well as the different options can be sold as their own kit without affecting price too much. With GMK's production pipeline, this does however not work, the best approach remains to have complete base kits. In GMK Oblivion V2, I offered Hagoromo Alphas as separate addon kits. However those were 55-60$ on top of the 110-130$ base kit price, making it a 165$ to 190$ purchase for what should have been just a 110-120$ base kit.

The logical solution: make base kits with Hagoromo alphas. But as you just saw, there are 4 base kits in this group buy already, which is insane as it is. Adding 4 more would be plain stupid, not even addressing the various child kits that would need duplication as well. Vendors will hate me for running so many different SKU's, customers will have difficulties deciding what to get. Having limited capital spreads extras too thinly across all the kits. Having to either skip Hagoromo Colevrak/International or struggle to get both to MOQ. It's simply a nightmare I don't want to deal with.

So as you may already be guessing from the name of this group buy, I have decided to split this round of GMK Oblivion into V3.1 and V3.2. The latter will be a 1:1 copy of the kits lined up above, but with all the Oblivion Gray alpha keys replaced by Hagoromo alpha keys, including Colevrak and International. Now for the question of when that V3.2 is going to happen, I cannot give you an exact date. Initially when I started to draw concepts for V3 (in early 2020 when V2 was shipped out), I wanted to have V3.2 launch right after V3.1 would ship. But given the drastically increased lead times with GMK since then, that would currently put that target into H2 2022, with subsequent shipping in H2 2023 or something like that. I don't imagine many people would be happy with the idea of getting a new round of Hagoromo sets shipped out in over two years. So instead, I am looking to Q1 2022 to launch V3.2 even though V3.1 is not even in production at that point most likely.

I understand this is frustrating to hear to those that are only interested in the Hagoromo version. But as I want to give that colorway a proper run with all the kits around it instead of being taped onto a different set, and the other factors listed above, I hope you can understand my decision. It will make for a proper GMK Oblivion Hagoromo group buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 May 2023, 04:50:40 by Oblotzky »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] GMK Oblivion V3.1 - Launches early July 2021
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:46:01 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline maelkesnot

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:54:46 »
This does put a smile on my face

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:54:58 »
? ? ? ? ?

For real tho, GLWB and I'm def getting in!

Offline gilbert

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:55:16 »
International Kit, I'm in!
Collection: F1.69, G80-5K, Bliss TKL, Ecliptica, Cypher, Safa S588, Southpaw Fullsize, HHKB Pro2, Zenith G80-1192HAD

Offline Bunn3y

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:55:25 »
Any chances of the Oblivion Cadet alphas kit making a comeback at all?
Typing on: Switchplate iiA Sanction TKL - Gateron X (51.5g Gon springs) - full alu - GMK HFO

Collection: Ivery Praxis || HHKB Pro 2 || JTD.Works Ovinnik || Realforce R1 87u || Switchplate iiA Sanction

Offline Ella

• Why is it called an oven
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:56:56 »
Macro kit avail, I am happy

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:58:35 »
noice
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:58:44 »
cant wait bro

Offline Entity.

• Entity#1234
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 09:59:25 »
no Hagoromo? my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:23:08 by Entity. »

Offline Tom Sparrow

• This is the way!
    • More stuff from me
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:01:40 »
No Hagoromo Cadet kit :( my dreams are shattered

I am in for the deskmat with the branches tho!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:03:16 by Tom Sparrow »

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:02:47 »
Oblivion had been one of my many missed sets because of getting late in the hobby. I love what you've done with the gb by splitting it in two, that's a big brain move right there! Glwgb!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:06:39 »

I have opted to run ASCII alphas as an addon kit this time, we're already at 11 kits which is plenty. Sorry!

Offline sagarsiddhpura

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:10:22 »
I really miss the Rama Git key. Hoping there is an equivalently interesting key

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:12:43 »
Please consider adding a 1.75u R2 key to the 40bit kit for the many 40% boards by different designers that use this key. eg. MB44, Oceanographer, Whiskey, Dango40, Bolt, Smoothie Split, etc.

Offline Bub

• big bub's beepers
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:14:03 »

I have opted to run ASCII alphas as an addon kit this time, we're already at 11 kits which is plenty. Sorry!

love the ascii kit in its place. fun to mix it up too. i'll be geting it.

Offline NoxNoxNox

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:21:39 »
Please consider mod tilde.  Always confuses me when it is mysteriously dropped. 

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:30:10 »
What 40's keyboards are you looking at to get that kind of kitting?
Doesn't even support 13u as there isn't three mod colored r2 1u keys, unless I want a jarring git icon next to all the text mods.
It's pretty hilarious how if you image search "40% keyboard" nearly all the non-ortho boards are not compatible with that kit.
Why bother?

Another fantastic executive decision made by our resident strongarm designer to not include mod tilde/pipe.
Community is losing it's fight with you guys, to the point where you know you don't have to bother making an IC.
Pretty sad considering how you're grassroots mech keyboards.
Anyways good luck with interest ch- er I mean gl with your profit.

Offline aethernet

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:35:00 »
hypeeee! sad for no hagoromo alphas, but the addition of ascii is awesome

Offline noahf

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:36:40 »

this. please dont go from being the best designer to being like that one guy or that other one guy, both of which no one likes.

also thanks for the ascii and macro kits.

Offline rurouni572

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:36:56 »

I second this, as well as mod pipe. Both seem to have been dropped. I realize the mod colors are supposed to be for "true mods," but mod pipe + tilde definitely makes the layout more balanced in terms of colors if you prefer that.

Otherwise, I'm very excited that I get to buy Oblivion for non-aftermarket prices!

Offline CodeMayhem

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:38:03 »
for colevrak:

R2; J,D,B,K,M
R3; M,Y,U
R4; D,H,L,P, "

Homing; A

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=100325.msg2800882#msg2800882

Offline Yuray

« Reply #22 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:39:10 »
Looking awesome! Any chance on also having a ASCII Mod-Kit available? I'm already a happy owner of Oblivion and i always hoped for another round of GMK ASCII and this seems to be the closest of having a R2 of it as it gets.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 12:48:47 by Yuray »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:39:15 »
Doesn't even support 13u as there isn't three mod colored r2 1u keys, unless I want a jarring git icon next to all the text mods.
It's pretty hilarious how if you image search "40% keyboard" nearly all the non-ortho boards are not compatible with that kit.
Why bother?

Another fantastic executive decision made by our resident strongarm designer to not include mod tilde/pipe.
Community is losing it's fight with you guys, to the point where you know you don't have to bother making an IC.

> Make an IC
> People complain that it's just an advertisement

> Skip making an IC for this project as I fully agree that it is not necessary
> People complain that IC's are being skipped

Can I buy some of that ice cream with my big phat profit check?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:42:01 »
Looking awesome! Any chance on also having a ASCII Mod-Kit available? I'm already a happy owner of Oblivion and i always hoped for another round of ASCII and this seems to be the closest of having a R2 of it as it gets.

I am not sure what you mean by this. ASCII sublegends are only present on alphas. There are no 'ASCII modifiers'.

Offline of_sam

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:42:19 »
In for Mono, bars and macros at least.  :thumb:
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:43:39 »
Why bother?

> Make an IC

Wow it's as if the community you're relying on to profit off of want to actually have input as they have grown to practice doing for years!
You agree with yourself so much but the only party that's the best for is yourself.
Can't wait for another straight 7 pages of people asking for mod pipe/tilde and a better 40's kit only for no reasonable response other than this passive aggressiveness, it's to be expected at this point.
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:05:15 by Kokaloo »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:46:13 »
Nice mod colored pipe and tilde.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:46:28 »
I think you left out r2 mods on the 40s kit.

If not, why even have a 40s kit. Might as well just be an ortho kit with some random >1u mods for fun

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:50:39 »
+1 for mod tilda please. Think about us split-bs users.  :-[

Any chance of a Git Gud RAMA artisan?  I’ll be happy to use that to replace alpha tilda  :D .

Offline Domantas

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:51:12 »
Show Image

Guten Tag,

I would like to announce that in early July of this year (so in like 4 weeks), the Group Buy for GMK Oblivion V3.1 will be launching across several vendors around the globe. As this set does not need its interest checked, I have decided to just make a GB thread several weeks ahead of its launch. The kits are pretty much final and have been submitted to GMK for pricing. However I am leaving Colevrak open for discussion as I assume there will be requests for extending that kit. So use this time to propose changes and why certain keys should be added, "Please add X" requests without an explanation as to why that key is necessary will be ignored. Other kits can still be adjusted as well, should any errors be discovered.

Vendors
Asia - monokei.co
Canada - deskhero.ca
China - zfrontier.com
Europe - oblotzky.industries
Oceania - dailyclack.com
South Korea - swagkeys.com
United Kingdom - prototypist.net
United States - novelkeys.xyz

Pricing
TBA

Timeline
Roughly 12 months after the group buy has ended. This information may change when we get closer to launching the GB as we will have the expected lead time by GMK when we receive the pricing from them.

Kits
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Collaborations
Metal artisan keycaps are being worked on and will be presented when they have been finalized. I can already let you know though that there will not be the Git keycap by RAMA as collaboration keycaps with them cannot be run again.

There are two non-keycap-collaborations in the work. More on these later as well.

Deskmats

Hilbert Dark by Zambumon
Show Image

Git Branches, designed with biip
Show Image

A third design is being worked on.

More sexy renders by pikku-allu
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Now at this point, about half of you are probably wondering

Show Image

Here's the deal. From its inception, the Oblivion keyset has been hamstrung by me because I added so many options to it. Multiple modifier types (Git, Regular, Monochrome) as well as two alpha colors (Oblivion Gray and Hagoromo) make decisions difficult. For SA, the profile I created this set first, this works pretty well as the different options can be sold as their own kit without affecting price too much. With GMK's production pipeline, this does however not work, the best approach remains to have complete base kits. In GMK Oblivion V2, I offered Hagoromo Alphas as separate addon kits. However those were 55-60$ on top of the 110-130$ base kit price, making it a 165$ to 190$ purchase for what should have been just a 110-120$ base kit.

The logical solution: make base kits with Hagoromo alphas. But as you just saw, there are 4 base kits in this group buy already, which is insane as it is. Adding 4 more would be plain stupid, not even addressing the various child kits that would need duplication as well. Vendors will hate me for running so many different SKU's, customers will have difficulties deciding what to get. Having limited capital spreads extras too thinly across all the kits. Having to either skip Hagoromo Colevrak/International or struggle to get both to MOQ. It's simply a nightmare I don't want to deal with.

So as you may already be guessing from the name of this group buy, I have decided to split this round of GMK Oblivion into V3.1 and V3.2. The latter will be a 1:1 copy of the kits lined up above, but with all the Oblivion Gray alpha keys replaced by Hagoromo alpha keys, including Colevrak and International. Now for the question of when that V3.2 is going to happen, I cannot give you an exact date. Initially when I started to draw concepts for V3 (in early 2020 when V2 was shipped out), I wanted to have V3.2 launch right after V3.1 would ship. But given the drastically increased lead times with GMK since then, that would currently put that target into H2 2022, with subsequent shipping in H2 2023 or something like that. I don't imagine many people would be happy with the idea of getting a new round of Hagoromo sets shipped out in over two years. So instead, I am looking to Q1 2022 to launch V3.2 even though V3.1 is not even in production at that point most likely.

I understand this is frustrating to hear to those that are only interested in the Hagoromo version. But as I want to give that colorway a proper run with all the kits around it instead of being taped onto a different set, and the other factors listed above, I hope you can understand my decision. It will make for a proper GMK Oblivion Hagoromo group buy.

40s kit is enourmous as anything. It would be nice for 2.75 2.25 spacebars to be in the base kit due to increasing popularity of alice layouts!

Offline Yuray

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:51:23 »
Looking awesome! Any chance on also having a ASCII Mod-Kit available? I'm already a happy owner of Oblivion and i always hoped for another round of ASCII and this seems to be the closest of having a R2 of it as it gets.

I am not sure what you mean by this. ASCII sublegends are only present on alphas. There are no 'ASCII modifiers'.

Ah sorry, i meant a Mod-Kit that has the same light-grey as the alphas of ASCII and Oblivion. The Modifiers that were in the base kit of GMK ASCII.

EDIT: Now i realized that the ASCII alphas here dont even have the same grey and white as the alphas in GMK ASCII. So my wish goes down the drain anyways. Still, good luck with the IC!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:09:21 by Yuray »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:54:07 »
Another humble request for mod pipe and tilde here. Thank you.

Offline Father

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:55:14 »
Is this 40s kit inbred????

Offline honorless

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:57:08 »
Pleased to add some notable omissions to my vimcaps collection. :)

Please consider adding a 1.75u R2 key to the 40bit kit for the many 40% boards by different designers that use this key. eg. MB44, Oceanographer, Whiskey, Dango40, Bolt, Smoothie Split, etc.

Additionally, the UT47.2 (...and Whimsy, should that GB happen) would need an R2 1.5u backspace. I realize this key exists in the regular base kits, but a number of other keys it requires can't be obtained outside of the 40s kit (mostly the 2x R3 1.25u keys.)

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 10:57:34 »
Why wont you allow the 40s community to actually help make a good 40s kit? There has been a lot of work done in the last several months to try and work out 40s kitting best practices that could make your 40s kit actually useful. Why ignore it?

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:03:54 »
It really isn't a Zambumon/ Oblotzky GB/ IC thread without le 40 army arriving. 

Edit: This thread is going to be spicy

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:06:35 »
It really isn't a Zambumon/ Oblotzky GB/ IC thread without le 40 army arriving. 

Edit: This thread is going to be spicy

Instead of making a useless post that apparently is only aimed at stirring up stuff why dont you explain why there is an issue with 40s users trying to get support for their boards?

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:11:00 »
How many 40s users are there that actually want the support though? There might be some examples, but every GMK set with a 40s kit that I've seen for months has either missed MOQ or relied on extras to be made.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:14:13 »
How many 40s users are there that actually want the support though? There might be some examples, but every GMK set with a 40s kit that I've seen for months has either missed MOQ or relied on extras to be made.

With so many sets being pumped out every month of course not every 40s set is going to make it. But if you are going to make a 40s kit it would make sense to offer the best compatibility possible to have a better chance at MOQ. As it stands this 40s kit is an ortho kit with some extra useless keys.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:14:31 »

Just buy an ice cream machine, mate.

Offline XiXora

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:14:44 »
Kit split is a good idea with so many options!

Could 2x1.5u Super/Code (and extra 1u alt) be considered to support HHKB and Mac 7u users? The themed Git base it is hidden but not for the other base kits. I'd be happy if it was in one of the smaller kits if it helped?

Offline matthewdias

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:15:09 »

check again, we show up for good kitting and good pricing. the audience is there if it is catered to properly. the sets that have good compat and failed have chosen the wrong kitting style for their MOQ level. popular sets can succeed easily with a large 40s addon kit: see metro 2. Ones at 500 MOQ for the base and lower should just stick minimal physical compat in base and call it a day, if they want to support 40s.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:18:30 »

You mean an ice cream parlour right :)

Cant wait to join this!

Offline mvkb

• Designer
    • MVKB
« Reply #44 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:21:45 »
Monochrome base is just perfect.

Offline Lufenia

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:28:00 »

check again, we show up for good kitting and good pricing. the audience is there if it is catered to properly. the sets that have good compat and failed have chosen the wrong kitting style for their MOQ level. popular sets can succeed easily with a large 40s addon kit: see metro 2. Ones at 500 MOQ for the base and lower should just stick minimal physical compat in base and call it a day, if they want to support 40s.

I truly don't know much about the 40s layout but wasn't the final number (not counting extras) for the 40s kit 202/100 for Metropolis R2?

For such a popular set , that can hardly be counted as a success.

Like I said, genuinely uneducated with the 40's kitting, am I missing something? (Use metropolis for reference if possible)

Offline fishbiscuit13

• do you realize ???
« Reply #46 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:31:31 »

With so many sets being pumped out every month of course not every 40s set is going to make it. But if you are going to make a 40s kit it would make sense to offer the best compatibility possible to have a better chance at MOQ. As it stands this 40s kit is an ortho kit with some extra useless keys.

That would be a nice point if some sets did reach MOQ. But none have recently without significant help from vendors. None.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:31:45 »
Why bother?

> Make an IC

Wow it's as if the community you're relying on to profit off of want to actually have input as they have grown to practice doing for years!
You agree with yourself so much but the only party that's the best for is yourself.
Can't wait for another straight 7 pages of people asking for mod pipe/tilde and a better 40's kit only for no reasonable response other than this passive aggressiveness, it's to be expected at this point.

Regarding the Mod/Tilde mod color situation: The mission of the base kit(s) is to cover layouts at a good price. As such I've cut down on some keys I feel not vital to make it a great package, so those two keys were cut as they are an aesthetic addition and not adding coverage (physically or by providing different legends). I am aiming for 119$ for Git and Regular Base Kits for the US market. I would strongly consider those two keys for an Extension kit, but as Oblivion has 3 base kits, that would either mean a need for 3 Extension kits, or one giant Extension kit that supports all three modifier types. Both options are not viable in my opinion. As such, this lineup of kits does not have place for those two keys.

Are the kits perfect for everyone? No. It is not possible to always make everyone happy.

As for my passive aggressive response, yes you should absolutely expect it in response to you. The first paragraph of this thread specifically asks for detailed information about a change, what key to add for what reason. Yet you completely ignored this (I would actually be surprised if you even read that part and didn't scroll to the 40s kit immediately to get a go or no-go for your reply), instead your entire post basically boils down to "this kit is ****" instead of offering meaningful input. This just proves to me yet again that your sole intention was to take a **** in this thread, nothing more, as you seemingly always do. So yeah, after the n-th time of you taking dumps in various IC/GB threads of mine and other designers, why should I bother to reply in any other way? I should have written your name in place of 'People', I will admit to that mistake. Generally people are rather nice with their inputs, and I try to be as nice in return.

I will likely not make IC's in the future as I am very happy with how I am structuring kits. The inclusion or exclusion of child kits such as International or Colevrak kits doesn't really depend on the amount of replies in such threads, but rather my confidence in how many base kits I expect a set to sell, and then use historic adoption rates of those kits to determine if they have a chance of hitting MOQ, and if my capital can allow a buy-out (I am after all the EU vendor where 95% of International kit customers reside, so I have to make that call if I can bail out that kit or not if necessary).
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:33:35 by Oblotzky »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:31:51 »
ePBT Pomelo made a great 40s/ortho base kit

GMK Arch did a fantastic job with one that includes ergo as well (which would work well with your git mods)

please consider using one of these as a reference, this 40bit kit is incredibly limiting outside of ortholinear keyboards.

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 11:33:25 »

I truly don't know much about the 40s layout but wasn't the final number (not counting extras) for the 40s kit 202/100 for Metropolis R2?

For such a popular set , that can hardly be counted as a success.

Like I said, genuinely uneducated with the 40's kitting, am I missing something? (Use metropolis for reference if possible)

Hitting double MOQ is not a success? That doesn't make sense. 40s is still a niche in the hobby it is always going to pull smaller numbers than base kits.

As someone else mentioned in the thread recently any kit that has 500 or less MOQ probably isnt going to be able to support a full 40s kit so then we typically recommend a 3 key addition to the base kit to offer maximum physical compat with the least amount of keys. For any set with larger MOQ 40s should have no problem hitting MOQ as long as the 40s kit is good and offers maximum compat for the various boards/layouts.