Author Topic: [IC]Bear65 V2 - Ergo keyboard -12th-18th July (GB)  (Read 37967 times)

Offline jacky

[IC]Bear65 V2 - Ergo keyboard -12th-18th July (GB)
« on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 10:56:38 »
Hey friends on Geekhack! We haven't been updating here for a while and really missed everyone!

It reminded me the old time when I shared custom keyboards and organized group buys in this wholesome keyboard community,

Hope you are always here and I was still not forgotten by you all.Today we are going to re-introduce Bear65, in V2. blow was renders of Bear65 V2

Bear65 V2

IC form feel free to fill it :https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeJCvJHhm_G72JbC5MBre0O6MrSuCzCvmk1acLvD2-jj-jeZQ/viewform?usp=pp_url

Bear65 is my first alice-like keyboard, and we've been through and experienced many issues,

which caused several delays on the manufacturing and shipping. Bear65 could have been

a better keyboard,thus we decided to improve on the basics of V1 and make this V2 of Bear65.

The improvements of V2 on top of V1 are:

1. Optimization on the overall visual design: V1 design felt a bit asymmetric to right, therefore,

this time we've adjusted how the curve looks to make the Bear65 V2 look more symmetric

2. Two layout options,the new layout thanks to my clients@slazareth inspire by him, There are slight adjustment and optimization on the gaps of the layout,

to make more natural and reasonable movement of the fingers

3.Daughterboard for PCB and Leaf Spring cut plate

4.Lower the front height (19mm)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Specifications:

- 6063 Alu: anodized or e-coating for the surface treatment

- PCB: Solderhttps://i.imgur.com/drV0zx2.png

Hotswaphttps://i.imgur.com/CskaXSy.png ,

No switches led,but have underglow RGB, which supports VIA.

- default kit : Aluminum Case  +  Brass Weight  + pcb

- 6 degree  typing angle,   19 mm  front  height

- Dimensions:    371mm x 130mm x 33 mm

- Plate:   Aluminum,   Brass (upgrade),   PC

- Weight:  Aluminum(extra),  Brass (default)

- Colors:  voting on IC forms ,   all colors tbd

Matching wrist rest as well as custom cables as options.

Exploded View:

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Price : USD 350~399 (TBD)-Unlimited quantity

Groupbuy time :June or july (TBD)

Some words here :

Also apologize to previous group buy customers: it took much longer than expected for us to ship the board to you,

where there were unexpected things happened every time we did GB for the past two years. We know the uncertainty of the GB,

and we've always been facing those with positive atitude. We tried to keep good communication and didn't compromise on the quality.

Really appreciate all of your understanding and patience.We will be trying to achieve more certain lead time for the shipment,

and more steady progress and consistent quality of the manufacturing. We'd hope Bear65 V2 will show these improvement.

(To appreciate people who supported me for the whole time, each GB customer will be gifted a rose gold alul keycap this time!)

The lead time this time would be 5 months for the start of shipping, which could be shorter or longer depending situations.

If there are any questions, we'd update here and also in our Discord server. If you'd like to get answers for your questions,

join us at our discord server, including any questions regarding GB or customer service.

Fill in Interest Check Form:

Discord

Instagram

Prototypes already ship out for stream, more updates soon !

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 July 2022, 09:59:54 by jacky »

Offline jacky

Re: [IC]Bear65 V2 - Ergo keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 10:57:25 »
Reserved

Offline LegendsWorks

• thocc
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 11:03:48 »
Can we see the bottom and are the pictures/sound tests of the proto  :)

Offline matchaboba

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 11:29:14 »
Oh. I want this.

Offline infinitum

• i buy expensive plastic
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 11:31:48 »
lets gooo
glwic!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 12:01:57 »
Woo, bear v2.
jacky is at it again.   :thumb:

Offline purryoverlord

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 12:31:08 »
if the pink turns out like the last one, count me in

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 12:35:35 »
Will the v2 have a front seam? There isn't one visible in the renders with the bear engraving.

EDIT: nm, I overlooked the exploded view. board looks great, although I think two tone color options are great when top and bottom pieces of the case are both visible from the front.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2022, 16:04:29 by unwashed_heathen »

Offline fortissim2

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 12:57:33 »
Will consider if the key at the top right (Delete) can be a volume knob or something, looks good though! GLWIC :)

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 13:28:00 »
Unless there is a well thought out and gorgeous volume knob on top right, not for me.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 13:47:00 »
IC Filled. Would love to see beige in the color line up - Otherwise Rose gold looks great. Passed on the sand-glass ero and the spring in hopes the Bear would come around again. Would prefer a PCB that has been tested over new features like knubs. Happy to see this IC - lets go!

Offline autumnfall

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 14:18:34 »
Missed Bear65 R1, but will be considering to join the R2 GB if the lead time is fast for this round.

Offline kuro0renji

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 14:32:38 »
Really nice

Offline granola bar enthusiast

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 15:45:47 »
Looks nice, if i can i will try to join but teenage budget will probably say otherwise. any chance for half plates?
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 June 2022, 14:17:49 by granola bar enthusiast »

Offline MrBIGEURO

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 15:51:23 »
Nice.

Offline forbidden404

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 16:38:08 »
That pink from Bear v1 needs to be back!

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 18:05:41 »
no knobs for the love of god
and do whatever you can to keep the bear engraving on top

in this case it's a 100% buy

Offline jollyeskimo

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 18:21:29 »
I'm going to start referring to my V1 as a WKL Bear :cool:

Personally, I've always preferred having the nav key cluster on the right hand side instead of the left, for the muscle memory/familiarity with TKL's I suppose.

Offline k-dub

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 31 May 2022, 20:45:04 »
I am so excited! This is the alu alice board I really want and didn't expect there would be R2. I was going to try a split ergo build, guess it's going to Bear instead ;D

Offline jo h n

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 00:00:06 »
if the pink turns out like the last one, count me in

Last one was coating, this one is ano by the IC form

Offline conternecticus

• (¬‿¬ )
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 03:49:53 »
I personally still prefer the old layout, I like the WKL blockers bigger like that, and of course THE BEAR.
Hope beige/soya will be one of the color options. Else, polycarb/anodized silver is great for me.
Will the plate file be released after GB concluded? I'd like to try out polypropylene or uhmwpe plate on this board.

Offline Quotes

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 08:45:46 »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned potentially moving the bear under the right delete key.

If we were to go with the new layout, we wouldn't have to go without the engraving.

Offline azack

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 09:25:22 »
definitely the old layout with the cute bear engraving for me!

Offline Saks

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 09:36:43 »
From what I understand both layouts will be avaliable no?

Offline pleasega

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 09:53:09 »
poggermole

Offline baka jiken

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 17:24:11 »
I CANNOT MISS THIS  :eek: :eek:

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 June 2022, 18:59:44 »
Leave the bear where it should be. Do not remove the Bear.

Offline jacky

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 08:10:28 »
Steam and video soon

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 09:40:34 »
Steam and video soon

I think you also forgot to apologize to V1 buyers for when you said you would never do a rerun of Bear.
Just because you call it V2 instead of R2 to play on technicalities doesn't justify it.
When you put such strong statements "there will never be a R2", it creates a FOMO. And these words should have a meaning.

Anyways it's a fantastic board, but I think just a word for R1 buyers about that would have been nice, and maybe a gesture if they want to buy a R2 (sorry v2) would have been appreciated.

Offline DaaDaa

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 02 June 2022, 12:45:34 »
Steam and video soon

I think you also forgot to apologize to V1 buyers for when you said you would never do a rerun of Bear.
Just because you call it V2 instead of R2 to play on technicalities doesn't justify it.
When you put such strong statements "there will never be a R2", it creates a FOMO. And these words should have a meaning.

Anyways it's a fantastic board, but I think just a word for R1 buyers about that would have been nice, and maybe a gesture if they want to buy a R2 (sorry v2) would have been appreciated.

Funnest part of it is that many  boards have substantial revisions going to r2 depending on feedback so the distinction between r2 and v2 is got the birds.
piggy60 red upgraded PVD w/ GMK umka zaku | tiramisuit w/ GMK noire JWK silk emerald | mr.suit black/chrome glossy chamfers w/ GMK minimal cow POM stem | jelly epoch w/ SA oblivion zaku | mode80 deco w/ gmk boneyard alpaca | mode 80 imperial with ePBT origami alpaca| MODE80 viridian /w CRP boba LT | RAMA thermal kuro w/ GMK muted 2 pewter | BBox60 C64 wih marshmellows and c64 keycaps | MODE Sonnet green /w MW voynich gateron ink box pink

Offline jacky

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 00:12:52 »
Steam and video soon

Thank you for all the feedback, so far on Bear65 v2. For those who have been critical of my decision to do another round,  I can only say that at the time of Bear65 v1, I really was not planning a second round and wanted to focus on new designs. However, while doing Piggy60, I began thinking about how I could improve Bear65 design and many people pmed to run bear again ,this time with new variations and improvements. I realise my language of “no r2 for Bear” was too strong and I should have been more flexible and said something like “no r2 for Bear is planned at this time” instead. I am grateful that Bear65 was so popular, and I understand the frustration of those who paid aftermarket pricing. Going forward I will be more flexible with my language. Like any hobby, minds change all the time. Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will use it to improve my gbs going forward.As a thanks to those who have been supporting my designs, I plan to offer a discount for those who were part of the original Bear65 groupbuy. More details to come later .

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 03 June 2022, 14:28:54 »
Steam and video soon

Thank you for all the feedback, so far on Bear65 v2. For those who have been critical of my decision to do another round,  I can only say that at the time of Bear65 v1, I really was not planning a second round and wanted to focus on new designs. However, while doing Piggy60, I began thinking about how I could improve Bear65 design and many people pmed to run bear again ,this time with new variations and improvements. I realise my language of “no r2 for Bear” was too strong and I should have been more flexible and said something like “no r2 for Bear is planned at this time” instead. I am grateful that Bear65 was so popular, and I understand the frustration of those who paid aftermarket pricing. Going forward I will be more flexible with my language. Like any hobby, minds change all the time. Thank you everyone for your feedback, I will use it to improve my gbs going forward.As a thanks to those who have been supporting my designs, I plan to offer a discount for those who were part of the original Bear65 groupbuy. More details to come later .

Thanks for acknowledging this, it's much appreciated.

Good luck on this GB  :thumb:

Offline jacky

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 05 June 2022, 08:04:55 »
Missed Bear65 R1, but will be considering to join the R2 GB if the lead time is fast for this round.
Would be improved this time

Offline jacky

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 05 June 2022, 08:07:14 »
Two layout available

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 05 June 2022, 21:30:11 »
logical progression of one of the more unexpectedly popular (at least by my measure) boards of the past two years, nice to see it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline smartedpanda

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 14:21:01 »
CapsLock LED is the only thing I'd add or want. I missed R1 due to losing track of GBs at the time. I'm hoping to make R2.

Thanks to xinxinwong and wildcat for giving me the initial want so badly.

edit: also noticed, no frosted case this time?

Offline Saks

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 06 June 2022, 14:25:31 »
Steam and video soon

I hope you consider giving discount to people (like me) that got their units with aftermarket prices because of your old statement and would be interested in getting the v2

Offline jacky

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 07 June 2022, 01:46:02 »
CapsLock LED is the only thing I'd add or want. I missed R1 due to losing track of GBs at the time. I'm hoping to make R2.

Thanks to xinxinwong and wildcat for giving me the initial want so badly.

edit: also noticed, no frosted case this time?
It would have capslocked pre build .

Pc case also available

Offline richieekb

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 09 June 2022, 18:29:43 »
that pink is pretty

Offline jacky

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 12 June 2022, 10:23:10 »
IC form will be closed on 15th  :thumb:

Offline LMarci

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 June 2022, 07:28:37 »
This is it

Offline jacky

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 11:37:20 »
Thanks to everyone ,the result of voting would be post tmr (16th)

excited !!!! :thumb:

Offline jacky

Re: [IC]Bear65 V2 - Ergo keyboard (IC Result post)
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 19 June 2022, 13:37:06 »
IC Result:

Here are the results from the Bear65 V2 Interest Check!
- Layout: The groupbuy will offer both layouts
- Plate: The groupbuy will offer PC, Alu, Fr4, Brass
- Colours voting result: white > rose gold > blue > purple > pc > green > red
- The groupbuy will offer E-white, E-purple, Anodised rose gold, Anodised blue, Anodised black, PC

Thank you for your votes and comments
I read every message, very many, thank you for your suggestions and comments, we will do better with your support and encouragement, let us look forward to the occurrence of group buying

Thanks everyone for filling out the interest check feedback form! Still figuring out the finalised stream schedules for the prototype builds, stay tuned for more info!

Offline JustMilica

• A weeb
« Reply #43 on: Tue, 21 June 2022, 20:23:13 »
Really wish this had ISO support :(

Offline ylothar

• Yo Ho Ho!
    • KEEB.it
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 14:39:40 »
Me too... :(
«How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?»

Offline icey_keebss

• deskmat designer
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 24 June 2022, 04:58:02 »
so cute haha, love the board

Offline jacky

Re: [IC]Bear65 V2 - Ergo keyboard -Real photo updated !
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 12:13:52 »
Prototypes photos updated :

E white :

E purple:

Blue:

Pink:

PC:

More photos please click here to check

E-Purple :https://imgur.com/gallery/1qR4KEM

E-white :https://imgur.com/gallery/tKjM0MZ

Pink:https://imgur.com/gallery/78jXJfR

blue :https://imgur.com/gallery/589Szrs

PC:https://imgur.com/gallery/kX0Rfdw

Groupbuy countdown ,about typing test and project fast news  plz join the disocrd ,we would updated there very soon

https://discord.gg/5HAXMDx

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 29 June 2022, 14:15:16 »
that blue is really nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jacky

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 11:57:23 »
Bear65 V2 GB will run from 12 July at 11am EDT until 18 July at 11am EDT on website: jackylab.com