Author Topic: [IC] GMK Night Runner (GB is live!!!)  (Read 84105 times)

Offline lakeboredom

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Deskpad design is in! Artisan to come)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 17:13:40 »
Nautilus Nights?

Offline poodude

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 10:56:16 »
I love the grid 600 render where the alphas look midnight blue and the modifiers are a lighter blue. Not a huge fan of the yellow on black modifiers. I would buy that whole setup in the grid 600 render if I could.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 06:43:25 »
This looks really neat. I am certainly getting that one. I like how it matches with black cases and the desk mat.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 07:45:45 »
The deskpad is cool.
Have you considered about changing the font of the Chinese word.
It would make this more vivid and powerful.

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 14:15:55 »
I love the grid 600 render where the alphas look midnight blue and the modifiers are a lighter blue. Not a huge fan of the yellow on black modifiers. I would buy that whole setup in the grid 600 render if I could.

Hey!

I made that render. In it, the keys reflect a lot of neon blue light. It's more of an artistic render to show off the theme.

This one has more natural lighting:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 16:50:12 »
Update:

Been finalizing kits to get ready for launch, This is the current plan for the kits. Sorry for the novelties just being text, I just used shorthand to represent them in KLE.

Renders are too come as well, needed to get kits figured out before I could get those done.

Also looking to launch in a few weeks, so keep a look out for more posts!

220230-0
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 July 2019, 12:02:20 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 17:52:37 »
Did you remove R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn on purpose, or was that a mistake in the new kit render?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 31 May 2019, 20:20:11 »
Did you remove R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn on purpose, or was that a mistake in the new kit render?

Those were part of the group that was cut out to try and reduce the number of caps. I can't remember what boards needed those, if you could let me know I may add them back in if it would be worth it.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 12:27:09 »

Those were part of the group that was cut out to try and reduce the number of caps. I can't remember what boards needed those, if you could let me know I may add them back in if it would be worth it.

They get used in the right column of some 65% boards.  The Tada68, the Massdrop Alt, and the WhiteFox, for example.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 14:33:14 »
They get used in the right column of some 65% boards.  The Tada68, the Massdrop Alt, and the WhiteFox, for example.

Ah, Okay. I put them in there originally and couldn't remember why I did so I took them out but that was a mistake it seems, lol. Added them back in so don't worry.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 21:07:33 »

Ah, Okay. I put them in there originally and couldn't remember why I did so I took them out but that was a mistake it seems, lol. Added them back in so don't worry.

Thanks!

Offline ngb09229

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Mid June GB - Finalizing kits and accessories)
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 11:33:08 »
Anyone know when the GB starts?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 12:11:03 »
Anyone know when the GB starts?

Within the next 2 weeks, Goal is the 14th but will let everyone know if that changes.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 17:11:48 »
Update:

Changed up kits a bit to give better support. And wanted to announce that the GB will be running very soon, Date is June 14th as I need to get the final set of renders in and ready for the GB launch and get all accessories ready as well.

Base kit: Now has the R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn caps added back in.

40's kit: Changed support quite a bit to try and get split space in there so 40's users weren't forced to buy 3 kits. Added full split space support to the kit but the compromise was keeping the accent colored 2U and 1U spacebars in the spacebar kit to keep the size of the 40s kit down as it is already fairly massive.

Spacebar kit: Moved the alpha colored 2u and 1u spacebars to the 40s kit and have duplicate alpha colored 2.25u and 2.75u spacebars for those that need split space support on non-40% boards.

Novelties kit: Added a new Skyline cap to allow for a full set of 4 for either function row or bottom row modifiers.

220329-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2019, 17:18:09 by BlindAssassin111 »

Offline Macmutant

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:42:26 »
The final kits are looking great, my dude. I will be in for one of each.

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:47:10 »
New to the forums here and have been looking for some good sets for my first real mech board. So far this is the first set I've fell in love at first sight!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 20:27:26 »
New to the forums here and have been looking for some good sets for my first real mech board. So far this is the first set I've fell in love at first sight!

Glad to hear you love it that much!

The final kits are looking great, my dude. I will be in for one of each.

Thank you, spent quite a bit of time trying to get it to work as best as I could.

Offline infinitykw

• Amazed by the beauty of industrial design
    • zFrontier Profile
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 02:56:46 »
Missed Nautilus so will not miss this set!

In for the base and spacebars.  Not a fan for the current novelty designs honestly, so will pass.  Personally, I love simple/conceptual symbols as the novelties like shoes, skyscrapers, etc.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 19:21:40 »
Coming back here to check on the date after seeing the new Cyberpunk trailer. So hyped for both

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 19:58:55 »
Coming back here to check on the date after seeing the new Cyberpunk trailer. So hyped for both

Happy to hear you are hyped! Good thing is this set will take less time than the game did to launch.  :))

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 21:44:05 »
Hello.  Any update for the proxies as we approach the mid June?  Really excited about this set.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 21:56:11 »
Hello.  Any update for the proxies as we approach the mid June?  Really excited about this set.

I will announce when I have the final decision(I am pretty sure I know who, but want to get confirmation before I state anything). But that info will come fairly soon as the goal is to launch this week.

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 09 June 2019, 22:27:47 »

I will announce when I have the final decision(I am pretty sure I know who, but want to get confirmation before I state anything). But that info will come fairly soon as the goal is to launch this week.

Great!  Thanks for the info.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:14:01 »
Update:

GB is delayed for a few weeks until we can get confirmation from GMK that colors are fine and there will be no issues trying to match. Pantone samples were ordered and I am waiting on them so I can look them over before shipping them to GMK for matching.

Sorry for the late notice but I have no control over this delay.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 12:19:38 »
Getting the colors right is a good call.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:01:21 »
S'all good; gives me time to recover from Oblivion anyways.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:25:51 »
Update:

GB is delayed for a few weeks until we can get confirmation from GMK that colors are fine and there will be no issues trying to match. Pantone samples were ordered and I am waiting on them so I can look them over before shipping them to GMK for matching.

Sorry for the late notice but I have no control over this delay.

It seems like some group buys have had better luck getting GMK to match RAL than Pantone.  You might want to consider using RAL.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:31:56 »
It seems like some group buys have had better luck getting GMK to match RAL than Pantone.  You might want to consider using RAL.

Main issue with RAL is the reduced color set, there is no equivalent for the blue ribbon or safety yellow, and the closest colors aren't close enough to use. Hence ordering samples and sending them to GMK to go from there.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 13:59:49 »

Main issue with RAL is the reduced color set, there is no equivalent for the blue ribbon or safety yellow, and the closest colors aren't close enough to use. Hence ordering samples and sending them to GMK to go from there.

I can sympathize. I also tried using RAL but the color selection is quite poor in comparison to Pantone. I think that is why GMK can match RAL a bit more easily.

Anyway, this isn't BlindAssassin's first rodeo and he has a good community behind him at TKC so I wouldn't worry about the color matching.

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 22:01:43 »
June has been a crazy GMK month, so no harm to run it in July.   Getting the colors right is always a good call

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #80 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 01:07:05 »
I don’t like the colour purple. I’m considering getting this set. That must mean you did a good job.  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #81 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 01:17:59 »
I don’t like the colour purple. I’m considering getting this set. That must mean you did a good job.  :thumb:

Thanks! Now gib phosphorous. ;D

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #82 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 12:38:06 »
That deskpad was much needed.

Offline Capsy

« Reply #83 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 13:13:52 »
Missed Nautilus so will not miss this set!

In for the base and spacebars.  Not a fan for the current novelty designs honestly, so will pass.  Personally, I love simple/conceptual symbols as the novelties like shoes, skyscrapers, etc.

The novelties are just placeholders in those kit images.

The real novelties are in the OP.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 14:07:43 »
Update:

Quick update now that the GB is delayed a bit, Got the artwork for the simple deskpad as well in case the full artwork deskpad isn't your thing.

Both drawn by OneCreativeMind.

221008-0

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 13 June 2019, 15:52:56 »
Another brilliant piece by OneCreativeMind! Looking forward to this set.  :thumb:

Offline Vox_PT

Re: [IC] GMK Night Runner (Early July GB - New simple deskpad design!)
« Reply #86 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 12:15:59 »
I'm in on this. The keyset looks really nice, I really dig this colorway.  :thumb:
This will go nicely with a custom build I have in mind.

(also, I'm glad this is being post-phoned to next month since I can't afford this right now  :)) )

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 16:23:01 »
Update:

Pantone chips are in and look really, really nice. Getting ready to ship them out to GMK right away to get matching feedback and go from there.

Hope everyone is as hyped as I am to get this set going!

Offline voodoo6k

• Formerly voodoo5
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 17:23:21 »
Update:

Pantone chips are in and look really, really nice. Getting ready to ship them out to GMK right away to get matching feedback and go from there.

Hope everyone is as hyped as I am to get this set going!

Let's see!! :)

Offline Vox_PT

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:01:04 »
The hype is growing. :)

I'm in Europe though, fingers crossed for a proxy at Candykeys or MyKeyboard.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 14 June 2019, 19:05:29 »
Thanks for the update.
Can't wait to join the GB.

Offline SlamMakanen

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 07:42:06 »
The hype is growing. :)

I'm in Europe though, fingers crossed for a proxy at Candykeys or MyKeyboard.

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline infinitykw

• zFrontier Profile
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 15 June 2019, 09:12:15 »
Def hyped.  Looking forward to see the chips!

Offline blakstealth

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 20 June 2019, 12:05:33 »
Digging everything about this set. Definitely gonna get em.

Offline Crab2020

« Reply #94 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 16:52:25 »
I see artisans are still TBD, any word on which you’re leaning yet on either having or not having them?

Offline nolan.hates.soymilk

« Reply #95 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 17:07:05 »
Big fan of the yellow against the purple. And the origami crane novelty  ;)

Offline lewisflude

• Hand Engineering
    • Hand Engineering
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 18:13:58 »
Have you considered running a NorDeUk kit or adding UK-ISO caps to the base kit?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 23 June 2019, 20:06:49 »
Big fan of the yellow against the purple. And the origami crane novelty  ;)

Thank You! I really love how the colors look together.

I see artisans are still TBD, any word on which you’re leaning yet on either having or not having them?

At the moment it is mostly just a "Can we get something" as we are trying but have nothing confirmed at the moment, if it doesn't work out then it is what it is.

Have you considered running a NorDeUk kit or adding UK-ISO caps to the base kit?

ISO support will stay as it is in the base kit(only the num row keys missing from support).

Offline Possumx

« Reply #98 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 11:55:54 »
Really interested in this. Too bad it doesnt have an ISO-DE or NorDeUk Kit.

Offline Faust_

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 13:02:27 »
Would love a Rama cap with neon infill for artisans wew.