Author Topic: Desperate to build my own keyboard... Want to bring a Phantom to life..  (Read 1268 times)

Offline loiphin

Mod Note: Buying and selling is reserved for the classified section ONLY, do not circumvent the rules by posting a classified listing in other sections outside of the marketplace. The classified rules are clear and should be read before partaking in any monetary transactions.

Hi there,

Having bought loads of mech keyboards I now want to move to the next level and make my own. I really don't want an ergodox as I will never use it because of the fangled design. So a phantom is about all I can see I can build.

Would anyone have an old Phantom PCB and plate kicking around that they don't want? I really want to build my own keyboard and get that satisfying feeling from soldering **** and programming an atmega32u4.

Please please help if you can. Looks like mechanicalkeyboards.com have the pcb , but as for the plate I am not paying huge sums to have a custom one made.

Please pm if you have anything to offer to sell.

Thanks very much,

loiphin.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 July 2014, 17:57:31 by ekw808 »

Logitech G19 - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate - Corsair K95 - Steelseries 6Gv2 - Das Model S Ultimate - Ducky Shine 2 - Ducky G2 Pro dyesub PBT- IBM Model M - Apple (A1243) x2 - Apple wireless (A1314) - Apple (A1048) - Apple wireless (A1016)

Offline epicepee

Re: Desperate to build my own keyboard... Want to bring a Phantom to life..
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 11:57:27 »
You're gonna want to post in the classified section.

Also: You don't need a PCB to make a keyboard -- if you have a mounting plate you can direct-wire the switches.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 October 2014, 12:54:11 »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 11:40:51 »
Why is this not in the classifieds? The mods have taken notice, but haven't done anything.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 October 2014, 11:50:50 »
Why is this not in the classifieds? The mods have taken notice, but haven't done anything.

Why would it be allowed? OP doens't meet the minimum requirements and I'm surprised the mods didn't just delete the thread to begin with. Besides that the OP hasn't been here in over a month.