Author Topic: Alps and Matias Cross-Compatability  (Read 1403 times)

Offline SebsG

Alps and Matias Cross-Compatability
« on: Tue, 14 October 2014, 19:07:35 »
I have a keyboard  that uses yellow alps switches, probably clones, and I was wondering if Matias switches would fit in the "sockets" of the yellows. I can remove the spring, leaf, and slider of the yellows, maybe the Matias (clicky or quiet clicky, doesn't matter) spring, leaf, and slider would fit?

Offline jacobolus

Re: Alps and Matias Cross-Compatability
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 02:28:49 »
I have a keyboard  that uses yellow alps switches, probably clones, and I was wondering if Matias switches would fit in the "sockets" of the yellows. I can remove the spring, leaf, and slider of the yellows, maybe the Matias (clicky or quiet clicky, doesn't matter) spring, leaf, and slider would fit?

The spring should fit. I believe the DSI board is an Xiang Min or Hua-Jie switch, but I’m not totally sure of that. If so, the slider might be compatible, but the tactile/click leaf is not.

You’re very likely going to get a crappy result, unless you desolder the switches and completely replace them with Matias switches. That should work, however.

If you do replace the switches, would you sell me the original switches (for cheap)? I want to do some experiments with them, and I’m trying to collect as many Alps-mount switches as I can find for a switch-tester that I can send around on tour.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 02:33:17 by jacobolus »

Offline SonOfSonOfSpock

Re: Alps and Matias Cross-Compatability
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 02:31:26 »
http://mechanicalkeyboards.com sells Matas switches in 5 packs. It is pretty cheap to get some to experiment on.