Author Topic: Silencing Novatouch Stabs  (Read 1657 times)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Silencing Novatouch Stabs
« on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 12:10:01 »
Hi fellows Geekhackers!

I'm looking to silence my Novatouch. I've been tempted by Spicebar's silencing mod. Here is the link in case some people don't know what I am referring to: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=65853.msg1540901#msg1540901

I asked the man what grease he used in order to silence the rattling stabs of that keyboard. He pointed me to the blue grease sold by EK: https://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=access,misc&pid=mechlube. However he wasn't sure that it'd be the best grease for the job. He told me that the point of the mod on the stabs is to prevent them from moving in their respective holder hence it requires a thick grease. I didn't find much information on the forum as most people are lubing MX stabs which could be different from Topre/NT stabs (I don't know, so don't quote me on that). But if it isn't different then I guess I could use some Krytox GPL-205 Grease.

What do you guys think? Do you have a better grease to propose? For those who silenced the stabs of their NT, what did you use?

Thanks guys.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
Re: Silencing Novatouch Stabs
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 13:00:01 »
I used krytox super thick on my HHKB and rf87u

Silenced thoroughly

Might work fir your NT
null

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Silencing Novatouch Stabs
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 February 2015, 13:20:33 »
I used krytox super thick on my HHKB and rf87u

Silenced thoroughly

Might work fir your NT

Alright I'll see if I can find it in EU or if I'll have to import it from US. Have you ever used the blue grease from EK? If so, what do you think about it?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S