Author Topic: [IC] GMK Forge  (Read 61909 times)

Offline alisonica

Re: [IC] GMK Forge
« Reply #200 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:36:38 »
I'm up for this, 2018 is a good year for Red and Reddit/mk!

Will truely look like ferrari with this case:
Norbaforce Monte Carlo Red Winkeyless
https://shop.norbauer.com/products/the-norbaforce-cnc-aluminum-housing-for-realforce-keyboards?variant=696325439496

Offline BJW

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 22:33:35 »
Any updates?

Offline Levan

« Reply #202 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 10:59:09 »
Love the color

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:14:44 »
Group buy coming soon.

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 18:59:26 »
So what is technically the difference between this and GMK Demonic? Love me some black and red...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:00:58 »
So what is technically the difference between this and GMK Demonic? Love me some black and red...

the red in this set is slightly more red
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 19:27:36 »

the red in this set is slightly more red

Yeah the other red is a bit weak in comparison, but that might just be in my head

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 20:02:36 »

Demonic uses CR and RO2. GMK Forge uses CR and P3.

Offline heavyheaded

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 20:05:37 »
Saw GMK Blue on Black went live on Donutcables. When does Forge go up?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #209 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 18:11:56 »
when can i get my forge on tho

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 12 December 2017, 19:27:33 »
when can i get my forge on tho

The minute GMK gives me the pricing on the spacebar kit which they forgot in the original quote and Donut updates the purchase page. I will update the OP with more information once I have it.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #211 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 09:41:30 »

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 22:40:11 »

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #213 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 04:40:30 »
We should be getting spacebar kit pricing after the holiday is over on January 3rd. After that we should be free to move into the Group Buy phase. Please stay tuned.

https://originative.co/products/demonic

Here you go, ready to ship!

Please stop linking this in the thread, it is irrelevant to the topic. Thank you.

:gottem4: :xinrokhgoon:

What does this even mean? Please stop posting irrelevant things here. Thanks.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #214 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 06:40:40 »

Please stop linking this in the thread, it is irrelevant to the topic. Thank you.

Maybe you need reminding on why people chase you around like this...

4 months ago, you went to the NYC meetup, claimed somebody elses prize as your own, and proceeded to try and sell on mechmarket for $250. Exactly the type of person we don't need in this community. I think only the uninformed are supporting this thread, if they knew how shady you were, I don't think they would.

Now you get downvoted every time you make a comment, so you probably got frustrated and made a new account so people wouldn't follow/know. That account is xinrokh, which is why people are commenting with that. It's not difficult to see.

Edit: Forgive me, it's worse than I thought - it was listed for $350, not $250.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 December 2017, 10:04:39 by xondat »

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #215 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 11:41:38 »

4 months ago, you went to the NYC meetup, claimed somebody elses prize as your own, and proceeded to try and sell on mechmarket for $250. Exactly the type of person we don't need in this community. I think only the uninformed are supporting this thread, if they knew how shady you were, I don't think they would.

Now you get downvoted every time you make a comment, so you probably got frustrated and made a new account so people wouldn't follow/know. That account is xinrokh, which is why people are commenting with that. It's not difficult to see.

Wow i just took time to read the whole thing

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 12:07:19 »

Wow i just took time to read the whole thing

oh trust me that doesnt even begin it, that was just the tipping point for the rest of the community

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #217 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 13:54:10 »
Had no idea about shady stuff going on.  I’ll let op state his position on the accusations before I unwatch this thread.  Was planning to join GB, but I’m unsure of the facts here. 

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 31 December 2017, 05:45:28 »
Had no idea about shady stuff going on.  I’ll let op state his position on the accusations before I unwatch this thread.  Was planning to join GB, but I’m unsure of the facts here.

Same here. Nothing personal against the author but I don't like putting money into things I don't fully trust.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #219 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 21:43:59 »
If anyone really wants to hear my side of the story, feel free to PM me. I'm not digging up unrelated things in this thread. I've finalized kits with GMK and am just waiting for the quote on the spacebar addon kit and we should be good to start the GB my mid January.

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #220 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 21:48:43 »
If anyone really wants to hear my side of the story, feel free to PM me. I'm not digging up unrelated things in this thread. I've finalized kits with GMK and am just waiting for the quote on the spacebar addon kit and we should be good to start the GB my mid January.
I saw that  this  set will be started by Donutcat. Do you have a plan to make other proxy? EU and Asia, Sea....

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #221 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:26:25 »
I saw that  this  set will be started by Donutcat. Do you have a plan to make other proxy? EU and Asia, Sea....

Yeah. I do believe that Donutcat has proxies for all those locations. I reached out to him and will give you a more concrete answer once he responds,

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 00:33:44 »

Yeah. I do believe that Donutcat has proxies for all those locations. I reached out to him and will give you a more concrete answer once he responds,
I hope that Korea proxy will be joined. Thanks.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 10:08:12 »
We've got EU and China proxies through CandyKeys and zFrontier, but at the moment I'm still looking for a Korea proxy since I'm not familiar with any of them.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #224 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 23:55:46 »
We've got EU and China proxies through CandyKeys and zFrontier, but at the moment I'm still looking for a Korea proxy since I'm not familiar with any of them.

Isn't cocobrais a Korean Proxy? Like isn't he doing GMK Camping?

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 00:19:53 »
This set doesn't seem to be that interesting. GMK Demonic already exists (and you can buy it now if you wanted), GMK Ceresia already uses P3 for inverse colors, the novelty keys in this set are only 1.25u so they are useless for Tsangan bottom rows, and the group buy runner seems to be extra shady based on their history with the community and attempts to hide their identity.

I like the P3 color but there seems to be more reasons to not join this GB than to join it.

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 00:59:04 »
This set doesn't seem to be that interesting. GMK Demonic already exists (and you can buy it now if you wanted), GMK Ceresia already uses P3 for inverse colors, the novelty keys in this set are only 1.25u so they are useless for Tsangan bottom rows, and the group buy runner seems to be extra shady based on their history with the community and attempts to hide their identity.

I like the P3 color but there seems to be more reasons to not join this GB than to join it.

GMK Ceresia uses White on Red. I am not aware of a set that is similar to it that uses Black on Red or Red on Black. The Group Buy runner is Donutcat, his history is not shady at all. My history is rather **** to be honest but I am reforming. My involvement with the set stops once the GB happens. I don't get anything out of this but the ability to purchase the set in my desired colorway and compatibility. If this still dissuades you from buying this set, then so be it.

Offline alisonica

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 05:20:04 »
Come on guys, it's such a trivial matter, new year, new attitude. Let's do a little read along, repeat after me: I am a grown man, I am a positive man, I want to help resolve things rather than adding fuel to the FIYAH. This way, I can help my community and my acquaintances become more productive and engaging, increase overall happiness of the people I meet, and I shall greet them with a smile. I will earn the respect of my female counterparts by being bigger and never dwell on the past. I refuse to generate negativity for Geekhack is my second home and I cherish all the good stuff that geekhackers bless me with, although sometimes really expensive. :p

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:08:53 »
The power of positive thinking won't get to 150 MOQ, especially given that you are competing with Demonic with very little to differentiate your product. That said, I wish you the best of luck. This is my favorite colorway despite my concerns. I just don't see it being a successful GB. Hopefully you will prove me, a random internet stranger, wrong.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 09:12:36 by amoswetherbee »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:46:29 »
There was a good deal of support from people that do recognize the differences between Forge and Demonic. Additionally, with multiple proxies across the globe we are capable of reaching a good deal more people more easily than Demonic could. I have faith that this set has the potential to do well despite the difficulties encountered so far in the process.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:51:52 »
Ok... it does look like Demonic, they might have had the idea together for all I care, but there are still a couple of differences that make this set worth it imo such as a better compatibility (ISO-compatibility AND 6u spacebar by the looks of it (I hope that's an off-centered 6u haha) and a slight difference in colors (I pref. this one than Demonic).

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:08:49 »
I think I prefer the icon legends from Demonic. Also, this set includes Tsangan support but the Novelties only work on a standard layout and are rather meh to begin with. Might be better off removing them from the set to avoid tooling fees. The inverse keys are a nice touch though, and I can get 6u center-stem spacebar from other sets If needed. It might be cool if you did combined icons + text legends.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:21:48 »
I think I prefer the icon legends from Demonic. Also, this set includes Tsangan support but the Novelties only work on a standard layout and are rather meh to begin with. Might be better off removing them from the set to avoid tooling fees. The inverse keys are a nice touch though, and I can get 6u center-stem spacebar from other sets If needed. It might be cool if you did combined icons + text legends.

I plan to join for forge, but you do realize demonic has a black on red escape and enter also, right?

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:23:56 »
Since this is the same colorway, any thoughts of combining this GB with Puddsy's P3 blanks GB? Possibly as an add-on kit?

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #234 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:30:41 »
Since this is the same colorway, any thoughts of combining this GB with Puddsy's P3 blanks GB? Possibly as an add-on kit?

I was not aware if this. I will approach him and donutcat and see what they think of this idea. I am unsure of logistics.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:32:37 »

I was not aware if this. I will approach him and donutcat and see what they think of this idea. I am unsure of logistics.

I believe Red Riot is RO2 blanks
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92983.0

"Render incoming in the next day or two. Gonna use the color RO2 in this picture. "
"RO1 is too dark, P3 is also good, V1 is too orange. RO2 is the color I imagine this set in my head. "

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:37:15 »
RO2 and P3 are so similar that I don't think Puddsy or the folks interested in Red Riot would mind either way. The human eye doesn't differentiate shades of red as distinctly as we can distinguish shades of green, for example, especially with small lettering. In real life there is very little difference despite what the renders show, and only putting them next to each other would you notice the difference. Just a though for ways to possibly collaborate to make more people interested. Listening carefully to what the community wants is one way to increase orders to reach MOQ, although even Red Riot is a rather lackluster IC.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 12:43:34 by amoswetherbee »

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 14:04:26 »
RO2 and P3 are so similar that I don't think Puddsy or the folks interested in Red Riot would mind either way. The human eye doesn't differentiate shades of red as distinctly as we can distinguish shades of green, for example, especially with small lettering. In real life there is very little difference despite what the renders show, and only putting them next to each other would you notice the difference. Just a though for ways to possibly collaborate to make more people interested. Listening carefully to what the community wants is one way to increase orders to reach MOQ, although even Red Riot is a rather lackluster IC.

Understood. I have taken lots of criticism from here and triple that from the /r/mk discord. Seems like Puddsy isnrunninf a full set of caps so it doesn't seem reasonable to try and combine into one GB but I will reach out to him and see if there is any interest.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:25:46 »
Personally I don't see why you would try to run two completely different sets as kits to one another for the sole reason that they share a color, and not even the same exact color. You'll end up with more than twice the logistics strain as either of them separately, as well as people skipping one of them to buy the other.

Forge does have icon-only legends, as shown in the GMK mockups but not the renders, though I will admit that I'm personally a fan of icon+text. Additionally, myself and many others are quite fond of the novelties and find them worth the cost.

« Last Edit: Fri, 09 February 2018, 16:53:50 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:29:09 »
I like this set, and would consider it IF it had some 1u novelties. I never use 1.25u keys, so it’s hard to justify this.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:34:19 »
I like this set, and would consider it IF it had some 1u novelties. I never use 1.25u keys, so it’s hard to justify this.

+1

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #241 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 17:41:24 »
Simple Google search provides lots more inspiration for novelties that would bring a cohesive theme together, if you insist on going down that route. I thought GMK tooling for novelties was sky high though, so almost prefer no novelties in preference to compatibility.

Offline BJW

« Reply #242 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:17:46 »
I am just curious that is there color difference between GMK LedZep and GMK Forge?
In other words, will it be awkward if I mix LedZep modi with Forge alphas?

Offline avid

« Reply #243 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 23:26:32 »
Is there a updated kit-design?

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #244 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:01:08 »
I am just curious that is there color difference between GMK LedZep and GMK Forge?

The black is the same but the red is different so it might look weird. LedZep uses custom colors (non GMK stock colors) for their red and beige. Forge uses all stock GMK colors. Hope this helps.

Offline BJW

« Reply #245 on: Fri, 12 January 2018, 10:03:14 »

The black is the same but the red is different so it might look weird. LedZep uses custom colors (non GMK stock colors) for their red and beige. Forge uses all stock GMK colors. Hope this helps.

Thanks!

Offline FSund

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:03:57 »
Any chance of including the GMK Vikings set as a child set of Forge? The colors are the same as far as I understand, and it would make Forge cover Norway/Sweden/Denmark.
Join the Mechanical Keyboards Norway Discord server

Offline cocobrais

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 16 January 2018, 07:57:51 »
Any chance of including the GMK Vikings set as a child set of Forge? The colors are the same as far as I understand, and it would make Forge cover Norway/Sweden/Denmark.
My set will be come back.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #248 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 16:08:45 »

This set needs a 6u center-stemmed spacebar. Rumors are the GMK sometimes throws these in. Otherwise it isnt compatible with the HHKB or Realforce 87U/FC660. Most modern GMK sets include this (Taro, Nautilus, Laser, Camping, etc.).

Offline RyuDragoon

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 22:34:41 »
The OP has been updated with new information.

My set will be come back.

Please let me know if you would be interested in running this as a separate kit along side Forge. I can ask GMK about this and get some pricing. I think it would be super awesome to get this running with the set for a nice aesthetic appeal and open up even more compatibility. But, if we do go this route, this will push my ideal time for the GB (end of February) to a later date (maybe after Camping is finished running).