Author Topic: [IC] GMK Red Samurai  (Read 140335 times)

Offline RedSuns

Re: [IC] GMK Red Samurai
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 05:33:38 »
Oh man, Akatsuki cloud novelty?! Would novelties be available as a standalone purchase?

Not sold separately. You have to purchase the kit. I am thinking of replacing one or two more though. Might end up with just 4 types. So the price can't be that high.

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 13:55:01 »
How long does pad print last?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #102 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 14:03:27 »
How long does pad print last?

Everything is expected to be doubleshot for this keyset, no pad printing. I only know that pad print does not last that long and probably depends on how much you press that key.

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:28:00 »
Definitely interested then

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:35:01 »

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:42:53 »
lol but they have molds for Gajin text?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:48:39 »
lol but they have molds for Gajin text?

I get this question a lot. The Hiragana kit is only a possibility depending if the Laser will have them in the set. If not, the price to have these molds created according to livingspeedbump is definitely not within my budget.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:55:03 »
Hi
Will you add more novelties into the kit?

I'm working on the Akatsuki cloud that someone requested. Though, I don't think I want more than 4 or 5 types of novelties, so I might replace one or two of them. Don't know how much they cost yet. You can give me some ideas that's relevant to the theme though.
Actually I really like genji sword as much as i love Samurai helmet, is it possible to get genji sword back?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 18:58:58 »
Actually I really like genji sword as much as i love Samurai helmet, is it possible to get genji sword back?

Which one would you like me to replace instead?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 20:35:17 »

Which one would you like me to replace instead?
Gunbai if possible? Will this set drops once Laser GB is finish?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 20:45:53 »

I suppose I could replace the Gunbai and might as well remove the Kama too. Also, there is no timeline for this set yet and I have no idea when the Laser is going to drop.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 03:03:07 »

I suppose I could replace the Gunbai and might as well remove the Kama too. Also, there is no timeline for this set yet and I have no idea when the Laser is going to drop.

Yes please, as long as SHURIKEN spray, Genji sword and samurai helmet are in the noveties. I think GMK Laser will drop once GMK Nautilus is over.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [IC] Red Samurai
« Reply #112 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 15:15:49 »
Pad-printing would be kinda eh.  I think the best option is to just use the light brown for both legends like you have on the number row.  And tbh I find the black legends to be pretty hard to read anyway.

Pad - printing? No way, it is for stock cheap sets, that dress up stock keyboards.

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 15:42:42 »
Yes please, as long as SHURIKEN spray, Genji sword and samurai helmet are in the noveties. I think GMK Laser will drop once GMK Nautilus is over.

Alright, give me a few days or so because I might make a new novelty as well and possibly some changes to the novelties kit.

Pad-printing would be kinda eh.  I think the best option is to just use the light brown for both legends like you have on the number row.  And tbh I find the black legends to be pretty hard to read anyway.

Pad - printing? No way, it is for stock cheap sets, that dress up stock keyboards.

That's an old comment. This keyset will be doubleshot.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 15:50:06 »

Alright, give me a few days or so because I might make a new novelty as well and possibly some changes to the novelties kit.

That's an old comment. This keyset will be doubleshot.

Awesome. I did not read the entire thread, sorry.

Offline Hafizi Hilmi

« Reply #115 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 17:43:40 »
But sir, Naruto etc are ninjas right? Not samurai?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #116 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 18:33:16 »
Awesome. I did not read the entire thread, sorry.

All good.

But sir, Naruto etc are ninjas right? Not samurai?

Yes, but Uchiha Madara wears red samurai-like armor, which makes up the colors of this keyset and his susanoo looks like a samurai. This will be a samurai themed keyset, so anything samurai goes.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 19:43:19 »

Could you please post an image of all available novelties (in the past aswell) so we can re-vote officially if possible?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #118 on: Sat, 01 July 2017, 20:14:19 »

Could you please post an image of all available novelties (in the past aswell) so we can re-vote officially if possible?

Okay, but just to let you know some of the past novelty ideas doesn't look possible because of the smaller lines and I like the newer ideas better. Also, I plan to make another novelty and make some changes to the novelties kit, which means you guys can vote on that as well. To see past novelty ideas, just click the orange MORE button under the Novelties kit notes.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #119 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 06:09:09 »

Okay, but just to let you know some of the past novelty ideas doesn't look possible because of the smaller lines and I like the newer ideas better. Also, I plan to make another novelty and make some changes to the novelties kit, which means you guys can vote on that as well. To see past novelty ideas, just click the orange MORE button under the Novelties kit notes.

Thank you very much. The Gunbai and Helmet is really appropriate for the set, and hopefully will stay. With regards to the crests, I think one of the most popular should stay. Were you only considering a max of 4?

Offline ..//dexx

« Reply #120 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 09:47:25 »

If you are gonna go with anime inspiration, you'd think Rurouni Kenshin would be on top of the list. ;D

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:36:53 »
Thank you very much. The Gunbai and Helmet is really appropriate for the set, and hopefully will stay. With regards to the crests, I think one of the most popular should stay. Were you only considering a max of 4?

If I were to choose one it would be the Sanada one, but it would feel incomplete without more of them. Yes, about 3 to 4, since I do not know the cost yet. There would be way too many novelties I can think of to add and chances are people will only like a few of them, so at that point it wouldn't be worth it imo.

So, I've narrowed down to 3 types of novelties: head, sword, and a throwing star, which seems to make more sense. Will try to make another variety of those three types from what you see so far. For the novelties kit, I was thinking of adding VIM HJKL arrow keys and R4 1u 00 key for those people who want those keys. The 00 key just feels like a novelty to me. If there are any other keys I am missing I'd probably see if it fits well in the novelties kit. I am still wondering whether the Norde kit or spacebars kit need improvement. Where are the Nordic layout users when you need them.

If you are gonna go with anime inspiration, you'd think Rurouni Kenshin would be on top of the list. ;D

Although I know that was a good anime, it is not my preferred anime. :p

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:25:56 »

If I were to choose one it would be the Sanada one, but it would feel incomplete without more of them. Yes, about 3 to 4, since I do not know the cost yet. There would be way too many novelties I can think of to add and chances are people will only like a few of them, so at that point it wouldn't be worth it imo.

So, I've narrowed down to 3 types of novelties: head, sword, and a throwing star, which seems to make more sense. Will try to make another variety of those three types from what you see so far. For the novelties kit, I was thinking of adding VIM HJKL arrow keys and R4 1u 00 key for those people who want those keys. The 00 key just feels like a novelty to me. If there are any other keys I am missing I'd probably see if it fits well in the novelties kit. I am still wondering whether the Norde kit or spacebars kit need improvement. Where are the Nordic layout users when you need them.

Although I know that was a good anime, it is not my preferred anime. :p

Yessss Please keep it clean, Head, Sword and Throwing Star..... This set is heading where it suppose to be :thumb:

Offline OneNightFriend

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 14:19:57 »
Really digging the colorway! Looking forward to where this set goes!

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:45:56 »
I really like the set! Great work.

You mentioned earlier that everything will be doubleshot. Is that also possible with the Gaijin kit?

Offline xantiema

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:49:28 »
I really hope The Gunbai can remain in the set

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:56:06 »

You mentioned earlier that everything will be doubleshot. Is that also possible with the Gaijin kit?

I think only if the Laser decides to have Hiragana legends so I can use the molds for it. Although whether he will choose Gaijin or Hiragana is up to him. Trying to get the molds created myself would not be possible with my budget. In the end, if he does go through with it, it should help future sets as I don't think GMK would just make the mold and then let it sit to collect dust.

I'll leave it as a fourth novelty. No more than four novelties to fit F1 through F4 or something like that. Then you guys can use artisans to fill up the rest of your keyboard if you want.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 July 2017, 13:01:11 by RedSuns »

Offline xantiema

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 13:05:10 »

I think only if the Laser decides to have Hiragana legends so I can use the molds for it. Although whether he will choose Gaijin or Hiragana is up to him. Trying to get the molds created myself would not be possible with my budget. In the end, if he does go through with it, it should help future sets as I don't think GMK would just make the mold and then let it sit to collect dust.

I'll leave it as a fourth novelty. No more than four novelties to fit F1 through F4 or something like that. Then you guys can use artisans to fill up the rest of your keyboard if you want.

:thumb: ;D :thumb: ;D :thumb: ;D :p :p

Offline consolation

« Reply #128 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 16:11:27 »
Any chance of having legends on some ED kit caps?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #129 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 16:36:00 »

I envisioned this to not have any legends in the Ergodox kit for it to have a more glove-like or inner clothing appearance if you were to use an Ergodox. Don't know if that makes any sense.

Update: Ok BlackInc likes the "Third idea" in past novelties minus the Kama.

I'll let you guys vote on that third idea and the current idea for novelties kit updated on 7/3. Personally I like the new one, but you guys can choose.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 01:17:53 by RedSuns »

Offline TTheuns

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 19:26:47 »
Hydro-dipped damascus steel case anyone?

Offline xantiema

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 07:50:36 »

I envisioned this to not have any legends in the Ergodox kit for it to have a more glove-like or inner clothing appearance if you were to use an Ergodox. Don't know if that makes any sense.

I'll let you guys vote on that third idea and the current idea for novelties kit updated on 7/3. Personally I like the new one, but you guys can choose.

I don't think the Kama is appropriate either. Remove :thumb:

Is the nose on the mask supposed to be this long?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 08:26:10 »

What color?

Yes, the nose is actually that long. If you look up susanoo they all have long noses. It's similar to Tengu statues in Japan.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #133 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 10:34:38 »
IN in in in in in in in in in in in in in in in !!!

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #134 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 10:48:35 »
Oh wow glad to have caught this. This looks awesome!

Offline xantiema

« Reply #135 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 15:55:03 »

What color?

Yes, the nose is actually that long. If you look up susanoo they all have long noses. It's similar to Tengu statues in Japan.

:thumb:

Looking good, can't wait for this set. Super hyped about Samurai and Laser.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #136 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 23:08:19 »
if third idea didnt make it, can you at least change the Susanoo Head to the samurai helmet from 3rd idea? I cant even tell if Susanoo Head is a samurai head :(

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 23:46:51 »
if third idea didnt make it, can you at least change the Susanoo Head to the samurai helmet from 3rd idea? I cant even tell if Susanoo Head is a samurai head :(

Right now there's plenty of time to make changes and I haven't decided on it yet. Possibly going to make another version of a Samurai helmet to your liking whenever I get to it. I do want to limit the amount of novelties though. I am also wondering whether I should make my novelties art style more simple or basic, meaning sacrificing a lot of detail and using thicker lines or shapes.

Offline ludd

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 00:49:51 »
Really hoping that this goes through!

Offline dahn

• Need some of em hiragana keycaps <3
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:02:12 »
Really hoping that this goes through!

Me too! Im defineatly grabbing the hiragana one if /when it drops.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 July 2017, 11:03:58 by dahn »

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:07:03 »
Updated Novelties and Norde kit.

Should I continue to build on current Novelties kit or split it into two? Would it help lower costs? The second novelties kit would be called a Ninja kit and then I could add some R2/R3 1U Ninja-related novelties for it. How did I end up with so many novelties... Keep in mind, I still don't know if GMK can make these novelties, but while I'm waiting for a response from MD or GMK, I'm just working on the kits.

Also, would a Norde kit with lots of keys like the Plum or Eclipse be better or smaller is good enough?

Further suggestions welcomed.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #141 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:16:24 »
What is the 2u shift key for? Please excuse the question if it has an obvious answer, but I am not aware of a keyboard that requires it, yet.

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:38:02 »
What is the 2u shift key for? Please excuse the question if it has an obvious answer, but I am not aware of a keyboard that requires it, yet.

HHKB Pro JP, XD60 layouts, or for ISO users? I am not sure myself, but I thought someone might need it since some past GMK sets had it.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:45:50 »

HHKB Pro JP, XD60 layouts, or for ISO users? I am not sure myself, but I thought someone might need it since some past GMK sets had it.

I am positive that ISO layouts do not need a 2u shift, but the others you mentioned.

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:54:08 »

I am positive that ISO layouts do not need a 2u shift, but the others you mentioned.

Then it should take care of the others.  :)

I think the arrow keys are nice to have while keeping it compact, so I'm sure a lot of people would prefer those types of layouts.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:34:48 »
Just a little advice, i dont think adding letters into novelties kit is a good choice, because gaijin kit already have all the japanese letters.
Sorry for my bad english.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #146 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 00:46:18 »
Just a little advice, i dont think adding letters into novelties kit is a good choice, because gaijin kit already have all the japanese letters.
Sorry for my bad english.

But you live in the USA...

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 01:00:07 »
Really like the colorway and the sets.  Watching for a GB status :)

Offline acme64

« Reply #148 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 07:32:03 »
i think a cool idea with the novelties would be to have the head torso and legs, so if you line them up you assemble a whole samurai. Not sure how it would look or where you'd seperate the armor for each key, just a thought.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #149 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 11:38:47 »
i think a cool idea with the novelties would be to have the head torso and legs, so if you line them up you assemble a whole samurai. Not sure how it would look or where you'd seperate the armor for each key, just a thought.
That would probably only work around the numpad area if you ask me