Author Topic: [IC] GMK Red Samurai  (Read 140323 times)

Offline darkslay3r

Re: [IC] GMK Red Samurai
« Reply #250 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 21:49:05 »
please make it happen
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #251 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 00:00:33 »
I plan to update the kits, but not anytime soon. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with it since I would need more information from MD on what's available to me.

I know MD is currently busy with other keycap sets, so I'll ask them for an update some time next year. I assume they have something planned by now.

Happy Holidays!

Oi, when you pick this back up, will you consider adding the few keys that are missing for full JIS support from the mito kits?

Offline tragedyfoundus

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 12:43:03 »
Love this set. I'm gonna wait for this instead of getting the GMK Camping set.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:02:51 »
Please take all the time you need getting this ready so I can recover from holiday spending :blank:

Offline moemoe666

• Silence Unicorn <3
« Reply #254 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:36:17 »
Interested :)
Love this colorway <3
Stuff:
Black Bird V1: Clear 72g - Light Saver V2 : Black 62g  - Rosewill : Vintage Black - 38gt Acrylic case : Brown 55g - Ducky Z One : Brown - Keycool Brown: R.I.P

Zowie EC2 Evo Black & White - SS Sensei MLG - SS Frost blue - Kana V1 - Kinzu V1

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:45:14 »

Why not both? This can't happen soon enough! Especially now that it seems like the Time TKL is years ahead of schedule.

Offline tragedyfoundus

« Reply #256 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:51:49 »

Why not both? This can't happen soon enough! Especially now that it seems like the Time TKL is years ahead of schedule.

I plan on buying a custom 60% on here tomorrow along with the Gundam set for my girlfriend, plus I've bought too many artisans and BKE domes for my HHKB. My wallet needs some rest haha. :-[
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:53:50 by tragedyfoundus »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #257 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 03:21:09 »
This seems like a pretty perfect match 

Offline Klau

« Reply #258 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 00:56:41 »
Is there any way before this eventually goes into a groupbuy for there to be a 2u shift added? I really love this set and am probably gonna skip on camping to wait for this one but I need there to be a 2u shift so that I can use it for my dz60

*edit: omg I didn't see it on the right side of the layout picture this is perfect and needs to happen I can't wait
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2018, 01:36:46 by Klau »

Offline 19MODL

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 00:59:17 »
I will skip everything for this to be my first official GMK set.
iGK64 - Kailh Speed Bronze - GMK Laser
Pok3r - MX Red - GMK Red Samurai
NIU Mini - Tealio - DSA Drifter
Incoming: Mechmini 2 - SA Night King

Offline Johnee

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 06:15:13 »
Please reconsider massdrop. I will most likely not receive my GMK nautilus sets because the international shipping service massdrop use seem to have lost my package. I will probably not join a massdrop GB again and would advice anybody else from outside the US against doing it as well. At least until they get their act together. I will most likely get my money back, but it's just not worth the hassle and uncertainty as to what (if anything) you will receive.

Doing the GB through smaller vendors will enable you to have proxies on different continents making it much easier for non-US buyers to join. It would mean less hassle with import fees and VAT, better shipping services. I'm sure you would be able to find many vendors interested in carrying this set.

Please excuse me if this has already been discussed.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 07:03:53 »
Please reconsider massdrop. I will most likely not receive my GMK nautilus sets because the international shipping service massdrop use seem to have lost my package. I will probably not join a massdrop GB again and would advice anybody else from outside the US against doing it as well. At least until they get their act together. I will most likely get my money back, but it's just not worth the hassle and uncertainty as to what (if anything) you will receive.

Doing the GB through smaller vendors will enable you to have proxies on different continents making it much easier for non-US buyers to join. It would mean less hassle with import fees and VAT, better shipping services. I'm sure you would be able to find many vendors interested in carrying this set.

It is quite the opposite in my experience. 3 of my purchases from small vendors have been lost while several MD purchases have been all good. I prefer Zfrontier myself but MD is better than all the small vendors in my opinion. But still they should fix their shipping issues like the one you had and also have an EU Depot.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2018, 15:16:38 by Marvellion »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 15:10:44 »

Thus should be said again and again, massdrop is horrible for anyone not in the US. Also makes a lot of shipping mistakes/delays.

Please don't use massdrop. Zfrontier is a way better company.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #263 on: Thu, 18 January 2018, 15:46:41 »

Thus should be said again and again, massdrop is horrible for anyone not in the US. Also makes a lot of shipping mistakes/delays.

Zfrontier has been killing it recently! Plus they sponsor top clack  :cool:

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #264 on: Sat, 20 January 2018, 15:42:02 »
I plan to update the kits, but not anytime soon. I am not entirely sure what I want to do with it since I would need more information from MD on what's available to me.

I know MD is currently busy with other keycap sets, so I'll ask them for an update some time next year. I assume they have something planned by now.

Happy Holidays!

Any updates?

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 22:19:40 »
This set looks pretty amazing. Any ETA on the buy? Where will it run?  :thumb:

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 00:59:53 »

Super excited for this and I'm really crossing my fingers that this happens as I'm a huge fan of both the colorways and Madara. And I also second this. If you can, using zFrontier would be much appreciated.

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 10:58:30 »

Super excited for this and I'm really crossing my fingers that this happens as I'm a huge fan of both the colorways and Madara. And I also second this. If you can, using zFrontier would be much appreciated.

+1

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:39:11 »

Can't say I share this experience. All my keysets have always made it safely to my doorstep with me paying VAT at the door and be done with it. To me, it has been on the same level of satisfaction as if I had bought it from a vendor in the UK or so.

Just wanna chime in a positive experience.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #269 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:42:21 »

Can't say I share this experience. All my keysets have always made it safely to my doorstep with me paying VAT at the door and be done with it. To me, it has been on the same level of satisfaction as if I had bought it from a vendor in the UK or so.

That is nice. What if you could just not pay for customs tho? I've never paid custom fees with zfrontier and my order were for 100 and 169usd.

Offline Johnee

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:56:14 »

I received my nautilus sets this week. :)) I had just written them off already due to no tracking updates for weeks (last update in december when I wrote the above comment).

I think the customs process varies a lot from country to country. We have it quite good here in Finland as well but I've read some sad anecdotes from other countries on here.

If I ever buy something from massdrop again it will still feel a little bit like a gamble, considering all the drama recently. But I guess GMK sets should be quite safe tho as the sorting is done by GMK and not Massdrop?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #271 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:56:51 »

That is nice. What if you could just not pay for customs tho? I've never paid custom fees with zfrontier and my order were for 100 and 169usd.

Customs in Germany is only the regular 19% VAT for keyboard parts (falls in PC parts category). If I ordered it from a EU vendor, I would pay that amount while ordering already. In the end, both come out at the same cost. This is of course different for some other countries.

But I guess GMK sets should be quite safe tho as the sorting is done by GMK and not Massdrop?

GMK sorts the keys, but they then ship the entire order to Massdrop's warehouse in New Jersey from where it is sent to each individual customer.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:58:44 by Oblotzky »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #272 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 11:59:08 »
Wasn't there a problem with a keyset order for China that got completely canceled by MD because they screwed up and couldn't send the Chinese proxy all of the keysets that were originally ordered?

I can't remember if it was from.gmk or not tho.

If you ask me, that's stupid : why ship.thode to the states then back to Europe again? And for Belgium it is 21% + a flat 15€. But we don't pay bat for objects purchased in Europe, that's what the Schengen space is for
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 January 2018, 12:02:52 by JSaintS »

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #273 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 12:04:45 »
Wasn't there a problem with a keyset order for China that got completely canceled by MD because they screwed up and couldn't send the Chinese proxy all of the keysets that were originally ordered?

I can't remember if it was from.gmk or not tho.

SA Godspeed. I got some info from various entities of what went on behind the scenes and from what I can tell the fault does not lie with MD entirely.

There are certainly cases where MD has ****ed up in the past, but people blame too much on them IMO. The most important thing to me that MD exceeds in is that your money is safe with them. If the product never arrives or is faulty, you'll always see your money again. With some GB runners you'll not have that luxury, and I've also heard of certain vendors ignoring refund requests on other things (I won't mention these here as I cannot confirm that to be true).

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #274 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 04:23:27 »
Normally red scares me away, but this is undoubtedly one of the nicest keyset designs ever.  I really hope it runs.  A regal colorway, great inspiration and an evocative, iconic name, great execution, all without being flashy or garish.  And the multi-lingual legends Are as fitting here, perhaps even more so, than on the Laser set.  So cool.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #275 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 09:41:26 »
I think this might be the first set I buy every kit for (excluding norde/dvorak)

Offline kiettv12

« Reply #276 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 11:08:19 »
when will the gb starts anyway ? been waiting like 4ever

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #277 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 13:40:47 »
Did RedSuns ever get confirmation from Massdrop that they would run this at all (let alone *when*)?  If not, it might be time to just go ahead and run it elsewhere.  It's a bit weird when a set like this with a long IC and lots of interest can't get a slot on Massdrop for a drop, but a set like gmk mint dolch can come out of nowhere and get on their schedule with no IC at all.

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 02 February 2018, 22:42:13 »
Coming Soon.

The kits seen in this thread is now outdated. Updated kits will be seen in the drop page when it goes live on Massdrop.

https://www.massdrop.com/talk/3228/gmk-red-samurai
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 February 2018, 23:23:23 by RedSuns »

Offline lzlzh035

« Reply #279 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:23:39 »
Coming Soon.

The kits seen in this thread is now outdated. Updated kits will be seen in the drop page when it goes live on Massdrop.

Only two kits will go live?

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:38:22 »
Coming Soon.

The rest is below the gaijin/hiraganas renders. All kits will go live.

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #281 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 00:40:27 »
Coming Soon.

The way I'm reading it is there's the base kit:

"Base Kit - The base kit provides proper coverage for a wide selection of form factors and layouts. This is the primary kit that will get you started.

And then the add ons:

Gaijin and/or Hiragana Add-ons - With your choice of Gaijin (Latin w/ Hiragana) or Hiragana monolegends, these elegant add-on kits will provide you with intense and minimalist options for your keyboard. Whether you love the Japanese culture, or just their food, these are for you!

Novelties - Travel back to the age of the samurais. The novelties kit feature alternative color arrow keys, VIM navigation highlights for programmers, and ninja/samurai-inspired novelties to unleash your inner warrior!

Norde Kit - This is a full Norde kit providing Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, and Swedish characters for foreign layouts. An uncompromised kit for Nordic users of all skill levels.

DC Kit - The DC kit provides coverage for the Dvorak and Colemak layouts with homing barred and scooped H, U, N, T keys which are best combined with the Base kit. These particular layouts are said to help you type with less strain on your fingers and possibly even faster.

ErgoPlanck Kit - Meant to fit like a glove, the ErgoDox and Planck blanks kit contain the necessary modifiers keycaps for ErgoDox and Planck keyboards.

Spacebars - Alternative colored spacebars in a variety of sizes for different layouts, so you can switch colors whenever you’d like."

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #282 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 01:23:19 »
Coming Soon.

My body could literally not be more ready. My wallet could be but that's besides the point.

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #283 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 01:28:14 »
Yesu!

Offline 19MODL

« Reply #284 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 03:04:45 »
Coming Soon.

Thank you...
iGK64 - Kailh Speed Bronze - GMK Laser
Pok3r - MX Red - GMK Red Samurai
NIU Mini - Tealio - DSA Drifter
Incoming: Mechmini 2 - SA Night King

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #285 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 03:05:43 »
I'm ready! :p :p :p

Offline tacahiroy

« Reply #286 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 05:12:47 »
my PayPal is waiting for the drop starts!

Sent from Tapatalk

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #287 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 10:56:53 »
It's happening!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #288 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 10:59:43 »
Time to drop another 250 on GMK caps I suppose :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #289 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 12:42:51 »
Wow, been waiting forever for this set to drop.... i heart is beating fast

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #290 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 02:12:08 »
It seems a perfect match with the Tokyo 60 keyboard to me. Time to get the ball rolling.

Offline tragedyfoundus

« Reply #291 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 04:46:04 »
It seems a perfect match with the Tokyo 60 khttps://open.spotify.com/track/7jJKB8zZYQLehp8uP5Wice?si=PgUk2IK3Qdm9wtfgOWmevQeyboard to me. Time to get the ball rolling.

I was going to get the Tokyo60 but they'll be doing lots of runs of that, so I'm gonna get the M60-A.

Offline azachhh

« Reply #292 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 07:43:17 »
Definitely here for this!!!

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #293 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 08:52:09 »
It seems a perfect match with the Tokyo 60 khttps://open.spotify.com/track/7jJKB8zZYQLehp8uP5Wice?si=PgUk2IK3Qdm9wtfgOWmevQeyboard to me. Time to get the ball rolling.

I was going to get the Tokyo60 but they'll be doing lots of runs of that, so I'm gonna get the M60-A.

Sorry this question may be a bit off this thread, but I still wanna ask. What's the problem with "lots of runs" exactly?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #294 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 08:54:26 »

Sorry this question may be a bit off this thread, but I still wanna ask. What's the problem with "lots of runs" exactly?

I don't think he meant that as a problem. It is unknown how frequently M60-A will be run, so he's gonna spend his keyboard allowance on that one first because it'll be easier to get the Tokyo60 later still because it was apparently said it's going to run rather frequently.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 11:42:25 »

I don't think he meant that as a problem. It is unknown how frequently M60-A will be run, so he's gonna spend his keyboard allowance on that one first because it'll be easier to get the Tokyo60 later still because it was apparently said it's going to run rather frequently.

Understood. Usually I just follow when any interesting GB starts and stop whenever my wallet gets empty, without any foreseeing or planning. Well, this strategy, is a good reference to handle all these wonderful 60 keyboard GBs coming this year.

Offline tragedyfoundus

« Reply #296 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 00:27:04 »

Mhm, that's what I meant. :thumb: I want both honestly but my poor wallet couldn't handle that right now haha.

Offline foxfluff

« Reply #297 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 17:49:06 »
Glad to see this is finally happening! been watching for a while now and am thrilled to see that it's dropping soon :D

Coming Soon.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #298 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 17:42:48 »
Super f-kin hyped !

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #299 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 17:30:17 »
Have there been any samples shown? Set looks great, but the colours are quite different to what we've seen before.. sceptical about what to expect from the yellow legends.
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud