Author Topic: [IC] Ion: Xeno 75% - Group buy open now @zealpc.net !!  (Read 162689 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [IC] ION Keyboards: Xeno 75% & Xenopad
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 03:27:16 »
Sorry, I just have to do it. Im too hyped for this.  :))

I really hope there is a bright as **** pink option like this or norbauer's Venice Beach powdercoat or something. I might even have to buy 2 :P

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #251 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 03:34:33 »

I really hope there is a bright as **** pink option like this or norbauer's Venice Beach powdercoat or something. I might even have to buy 2 :P

Hopefully there is! Magenta Cerakote!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let me check my wallet.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #252 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 06:23:24 »
This is going to be my end game. Make it happen soon, PLEASE!

Not too soon plz, I has no money :'(
Yeah, same

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

+1
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #253 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 08:13:12 »
Hot pink boooii

Offline __foo_

« Reply #254 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 17:15:27 »
In love with the LED indicator triangle and the spacing!
The cutouts on the sides look great and ergonomic too. Would there be light coming out from those cutouts like the Duck Octagon v2 does? If there is, I'm buying this real quick >.<

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #255 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 16:53:07 »

2 of these and 2 TX 65’s??

I’m just going to quit buying stuff and get adopted by Amnesia. 

It is Christmas after all right?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #256 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 17:11:13 »

God damn those look nice! I love the triangle shape for the LED indicators! would it be possible to get it as a small image for the signature? (the pink one!!!!) pretty please!

Also, general question, I assume it wouldn't be a problem but then again I'm a noob in building custom boards : would iso be supported? and is there an estimated price? I still have to read the post but asking just in case it's not already said   ;D

Offline baxxt14

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 17:29:08 »
Any renders with switches and caps?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #258 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 17:32:03 »

TBH, I might not even get both, though I do want to, probably not 2 of either unless I am getting extra for a gift. I have been very bad lately. I just am just trying to get a couple nice boards in all the layouts I'd use :P. I did end up going with the grey SaiB CP for my 1 friend, so I only need 1 more nice board for the other one. So MAYBE ill get 2 of 1 of them, maybe not. It really depends on timing. I already had to skip a few things I wanted like the pearl just cause I don't think it would get much use. Right now I'm in Laser recovery mode.

Whats really sad is I still have like 2-3 GMK sets per keyboard even with all the damage I've done to my wallet buying boards.

My real problem is I want everything and i want it all in multiple colors. It's at least getting easier to say now now that I have more stuff on the way and more colors and whatnot.

Gonna be fun to take pictures when it all finally gets here and is built and stuff though :P.

It was also easy to justify up until now since right now I only have 2 boards. A Saber-68 with Mod-Ms and a Zeal60 in a Klippe. Fortunately it's getting easier to say no to things now that I am starting to have more choices.

Still a much cheaper hobby than Home Theaters :P

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #259 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 19:33:42 »
Any renders with switches and caps?

Renders with caps are coming.

In love with the LED indicator triangle and the spacing!
The cutouts on the sides look great and ergonomic too. Would there be light coming out from those cutouts like the Duck Octagon v2 does? If there is, I'm buying this real quick >.<

I played around with having spots in the cutouts for underglow but that's undecided at the moment.

Also, general question, I assume it wouldn't be a problem but then again I'm a noob in building custom boards : would iso be supported? and is there an estimated price? I still have to read the post but asking just in case it's not already said   ;D

ISO is supported and no price estimates at the moment.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 21:46:24 »

TBH, I might not even get both, though I do want to, probably not 2 of either unless I am getting extra for a gift. I have been very bad lately. I just am just trying to get a couple nice boards in all the layouts I'd use :P. I did end up going with the grey SaiB CP for my 1 friend, so I only need 1 more nice board for the other one. So MAYBE ill get 2 of 1 of them, maybe not. It really depends on timing. I already had to skip a few things I wanted like the pearl just cause I don't think it would get much use. Right now I'm in Laser recovery mode.

Whats really sad is I still have like 2-3 GMK sets per keyboard even with all the damage I've done to my wallet buying boards.

My real problem is I want everything and i want it all in multiple colors. It's at least getting easier to say now now that I have more stuff on the way and more colors and whatnot.

Gonna be fun to take pictures when it all finally gets here and is built and stuff though :P.

It was also easy to justify up until now since right now I only have 2 boards. A Saber-68 with Mod-Ms and a Zeal60 in a Klippe. Fortunately it's getting easier to say no to things now that I am starting to have more choices.

Hey it's me your friend...lol

Yeah I hear ya.  I've been pretty bad myself.  I am improving a bit, held off on laser.  But then jumped in on GMK Camping...

But this board in white with the numpad is a non-negotiable for me!

| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #261 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 22:02:52 »

Yeah I hear ya.  I've been pretty bad myself.  I am improving a bit, held off on laser.  But then jumped in on GMK Camping...

I still need a white board myself lol.

The numpad is also a question mark for me. I want it for completion sake. But I don’t think I would ever use it.

Offline DukeMugen

• +1
« Reply #262 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 00:59:42 »

What you really need are CMYP colored cases.

The numpad is also a question mark for me. I want it for completion sake. But I don’t think I would ever use it.
let me check my wallet.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 03:53:54 »

What you really need are CMYP colored cases.

Purple  :eek:

Offline Ravahan

Re: [IC]Xeno 75% & Xenopad
« Reply #264 on: Mon, 11 December 2017, 13:56:51 »
A white ceracoat finish like on the REVO one 60% case would look stunning on this!
Really looking forward to seeing more of this and possibly getting one myself  :p

Offline __foo_

« Reply #265 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 21:48:54 »
Is this IC still running? Haven't seen any updates for a while.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #266 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 22:09:23 »
Yes it is.  The OP is busy with another project he is working on but mentioned that this should hopefully get going in the next couple of months.

Offline stillzman

« Reply #267 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 15:56:35 »
I'm in for this.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #268 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 16:44:25 »

This will probably be the only 75% board I'll ever buy :)

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #269 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 15:41:44 »
Is this IC still running? Haven't seen any updates for a while.

Yes it is.  The OP is busy with another project he is working on but mentioned that this should hopefully get going in the next couple of months.

^  My end of that has now been finished for a week or 2.  I'm currently just working on some side projects at the moment.  I'll be back on this once my other project hits production stage and I get a better idea of a timeline for this one.  This is far from dead, and it will be ran.. just throwing that out there.  :thumb:

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #270 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 21:06:35 »
been a long thread so i don't remember, but have we ever explored the idea of a WKL bottom row? looks sooo good on the SINGA 75%  :thumb:

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #271 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 21:24:59 »
When this hits I guess it'll be time to replace my (currently 2 months old) KBD75.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline bjayswift

« Reply #272 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 22:16:33 »
I'm in for this. Board + numpad

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TX1800V2

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #273 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 05:12:46 »
been a long thread so i don't remember, but have we ever explored the idea of a WKL bottom row? looks sooo good on the SINGA 75%  :thumb:

Yes I did, but I'm going to leave that to her board.

Also, this has grown on me quite a bit...

Offline mudcakehoney

« Reply #274 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 06:00:33 »
I almost forgot how beautiful this is. Still very much hoping the numpad gets made also but either way this is one of the nicest designs out there at the moment.

Offline Petch

« Reply #275 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 06:15:21 »
Yay fkey spacers  :D :D :D

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #276 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 07:02:51 »

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 07:05:21 »

Show Image

Show Image

That's even better than the renders of the first post, and I already loved those!

I'm also along the ones that hope to see a numpad to go with it, I use mine a lot and would love it.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 08:43:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Guess I’m getting a red one now.

And yes, f-row spacers are the only way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #279 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 08:54:00 »
I actually like the fkey spacers more too. Hope you go that way.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #280 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:12:24 »
Definitely diggin the f-key spacers!

Offline menuhin

« Reply #281 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:16:16 »
Definitely diggin the f-key spacers!

+1 !!!
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline bciamny

« Reply #282 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:37:18 »
may be one of the sole voices preferring the look without the spacers. i think it could make striping the f-row or an artisan collection really standout if there were no spacers.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:38:56 »
may be one of the sole voices preferring the look without the spacers. i think it could make striping the f-row or an artisan collection really standout if there were no spacers.

Damn it you... why do you have to ruin this for me?! now I can't decide whether I want an artisan row or a spaced f-row...

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #284 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 04:55:34 »
I like the original look for its uniqueness, but on a more practical level I think the spacers are a better choice. They make it easier to use the fn keys by feel. If you don't have so many artisans to fill the entire F1-F12, then you have little 4-part islands to utilize. A lot of keysets have a mod-alpha-mod color pattern for F1-F4, F5-F8, etc, so with spacers it is easier to fill or partially fill each island with artisans. Without making it look weird by clashing the colors.

tl;dr the modularity of the spacers adds to versatility in both form and function.

---------------

edit: To be honest, though, I'm having a hard time deciding myself. My vote will probably come down to whichever looks cooler to me structurally, without considering keysets and artisans. For that I need to look at them side by side:

Then again, Fn row spacers make it seem a little too TKL? With a navigation column instead of an island.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 January 2018, 01:54:03 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #285 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 05:26:20 »
I like the original look for its uniqueness, but on a more practical level I think the spacers are a better choice. They make it easier to use the fn keys by feel. If you don't have so many artisans to fill the entire F1-F12, then you have little 4-part islands to utilize. A lot of keysets have a mod-alpha-mod color pattern for F1-F4, F5-F8, etc, so with spacers it is easier to fill or partially fill each island with artisans. Without making it look weird by clashing the colors.

tl;dr the modularity of the spacers adds to versatility in both form and function.

---------------

edit: To be honest, though, I'm having a hard time deciding myself. My vote will probably come down to whichever looks cooler to me structurally, without considering keysets and artisans. For that I need to look at them side by side:

Show Image
Show Image

Then again, Fn row spacers make it seem a little too TKL? With a navigation column instead of an island?

Here is my logic on it:

The reason I went without spacing to begin with was because of the way I made the led cluster.  While doing the final model, I realized that without the f-row spacing, there was over 1" (27.625mm to be exact) of space saved for 3 small led holes.  While that looks okay in a render, I think in reality it would look a little silly to have that much wasted space.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #286 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 05:31:11 »
As silly as it may seem, I like the leds, as long as you don't touch them, I will join the buy, for the rest, I'll be happy with either option.

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #287 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 09:39:19 »
As silly as it may seem, I like the leds, as long as you don't touch them, I will join the buy, for the rest, I'll be happy with either option.

Leds will remain as they are.  :thumb:

Offline manzel

« Reply #288 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 09:51:21 »
Then again, Fn row spacers make it seem a little too TKL? With a navigation column instead of an island.
I'm with you here. The F-row without spacers is a nice unique aspect of this case.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #289 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 11:46:34 »
I'd get any version, regardless of what you decide to do with the F-Row. Though I do prefer non-blockers :)

Is this happening anytime soon?
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #290 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 12:24:33 »
No spacing between each group of four F keys make them unusable.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #291 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 16:39:51 »
I like both of them, but I'd prefer the spacers of the two.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #292 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 18:41:20 »
So many keysets are designed with spaced Fn rows in mind. That compatibility alone makes me prefer it more. Then there's actually using the keys. Way less usable without spacers.

I vote spacers.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #293 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 18:43:37 »
No spacing between each group of four F keys make them unusable.

+1

F keys are usually assigned or pre-defined shortcut keys for convenience in some applications.
The conventional wisdom of spacers is to make them quickly identifiable and reachable - spacers and placement next to the edge of keyboard make reaching out for the adjacent keys (e.g. the two keys right next to a spacer or the key right next to the edge of a keyboard) faster and more accurate. This is replicated in many usability and human factor research, especially after the Three Mile Island nuclear plant accident.

More

More
IBM M13 black
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #294 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 18:54:45 »

Show Image

Show Image

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #295 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 19:12:11 »
I don't use F-Keys for anything, just as a place to put my artisans. I believe they'd look better when they aren't separated by spacers, but I'm sure it would look fine either way.

Regardless, I hope OP is looking to run this sometime this year!
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline vpr

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 01:31:14 »
+1 for spacers!

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 01:52:20 »
I found these renders on pwner_'s Instagram:

Now I know for a fact that I definitely prefer "with spacers".

Offline Harms

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 02:35:11 »
Wow the render with the f row spacers looks awesome.

Hopefully you go with the f row spacers in the end :).

Offline Ravahan

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 02:50:59 »
I also vote for spacers, it looks much better that way. :thumb: