Author Topic: [IC] GMK Violet Tendencies - April 21st, 2018 update - GB starting April 22nd!  (Read 66614 times)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Re: [IC] GMK Violet Tendencies - Updated with base kit render!
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 20:28:18 »
Also what about 2 blank white R4  2.75 and 2.25 to cover most of the split spacebar keyboards around?

I actually wouldn't mind a spacebar kit in general since DY spacebars aren't in stock anywhere. A kit like Nautilus would be perfect really. Do purple in all sizes and white splits.

The problem with a standalone space bar kit is that it wouldn't reach moq, and I don't have the spare funds of a big company to be able to buy up the remainder of the moq. I'd love to do one, but might just have to settle with the GR1 space bars of the base kit, and the GR1 and Purple split spaces in the 40/45/ortho add-on kit  :(

Couldn't you at least try it and just not go through if it misses moq? Like isn't that how GB are supposed to work? I would never ever consider a 40/45/ortho kit, even for spacebars that's stupid expensive for a bunch of keys I would never use and a few spacebars, but i'd gladly buy a spacebar kit. It also seems to me like a 40/45/ortho kit would have a much harder time hitting moq in a small GB than a spacebar kit. But if you split them off you split whos paying for what since people who don't want 40/45 kits would still buy spacebars, then you drive the price of the 45 kit down and help increase sales there also.

I don't feel like there should be much issue hitting MOQ with standard colors. You could also do hybrid and do GR1 split spacebars in the 40/45 addon and then just DY spacebars as a stand alone kit. The 3 standard spaces at 150 moq in standard color is only 10 a kit, i cant imagine it would be much more than $15-20 for the splits too. Nautilus space kit was $23 at 100 moq WITH a custom colors and the yellow splits in addition to the blue keys. -4 keys I'd guess like $18-20.

Nautilus also sold 1 spacekit per every 2-3 full kits, so it's not like there was no interest.

If nothing else you could still just do what you described above and also offer a purple spacebar kit with the 4 standard size spaces (both 6u since some people will want the center stem). I just don't think it would be a hard sell at $10 a kit, especially given the number of OTHER kits they would work with. I might even just push it through myself.

Offline Voxicles

• Violet Tendencies shipping now!
    • Spookeys - Dye Sublimation
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 20:56:20 »
Also what about 2 blank white R4  2.75 and 2.25 to cover most of the split spacebar keyboards around?

I actually wouldn't mind a spacebar kit in general since DY spacebars aren't in stock anywhere. A kit like Nautilus would be perfect really. Do purple in all sizes and white splits.

The problem with a standalone space bar kit is that it wouldn't reach moq, and I don't have the spare funds of a big company to be able to buy up the remainder of the moq. I'd love to do one, but might just have to settle with the GR1 space bars of the base kit, and the GR1 and Purple split spaces in the 40/45/ortho add-on kit  :(

Couldn't you at least try it and just not go through if it misses moq? Like isn't that how GB are supposed to work? I would never ever consider a 40/45/ortho kit, even for spacebars that's stupid expensive for a bunch of keys I would never use and a few spacebars, but i'd gladly buy a spacebar kit. It also seems to me like a 40/45/ortho kit would have a much harder time hitting moq in a small GB than a spacebar kit. But if you split them off you split whos paying for what since people who don't want 40/45 kits would still buy spacebars, then you drive the price of the 45 kit down and help increase sales there also.

I don't feel like there should be much issue hitting MOQ with standard colors. You could also do hybrid and do GR1 split spacebars in the 40/45 addon and then just DY spacebars as a stand alone kit. The 3 standard spaces at 150 moq in standard color is only 10 a kit, i cant imagine it would be much more than $15-20 for the splits too. Nautilus space kit was $23 at 100 moq WITH a custom colors and the yellow splits in addition to the blue keys. -4 keys I'd guess like $18-20.

Nautilus also sold 1 spacekit per every 2-3 full kits, so it's not like there was no interest.

If nothing else you could still just do what you described above and also offer a purple spacebar kit with the 4 standard size spaces (both 6u since some people will want the center stem). I just don't think it would be a hard sell at $10 a kit, especially given the number of OTHER kits they would work with. I might even just push it through myself.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try, and would also make the 40/45 kit cheaper. The reason I'm focusing on that addon kit, is because it's almost already reached moq (people whom I trust have said they are buying a kit or 3, and as said earlier in thread, we're showcasing it on the mm2, so would be silly not to have coverage). I guess if I do a space kit, and I can get the price low enough, I can help it reach moq as well.

I guess I'm just talking against myself here, I'll go ahead and throw together a space kit this weekend :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:39:31 »
Two more things  :D 

• Are the homing keys confirmed to be bar-homing and not deep hooming? I though people liked a lot more the deep homing of GMK.
  • Are the Colors confirmed, specially talking about the GR1 alphas that is more a grey than a white? People may be not aware of this since the colors showed in the renders are kinda wrong:
    • N9 modifiers: In reality the modifiers are a dark dark grey (between dark grey and black) and i'm fine with this, Dark grey is better than black
    • GR1 alphas: Here is the problem imho, this one is more a light gray, not really a white or a creamy color, wouldn't be better C9 that is more creamy or white?

Here are some pics, also compared to a non-gmk white cap and other colors of gmk

These are the other white colors  (CP=more creamy, WSx= more white)

« Last Edit: Fri, 01 September 2017, 07:41:46 by KaosJ »

Offline iliptikal

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 10:09:40 »

• Are the homing keys confirmed to be bar-homing and not deep hooming? I though people liked a lot more the deep homing of GMK.
  • Are the Colors confirmed, specially talking about the GR1 alphas that is more a grey than a white? People may be not aware of this since the colors showed in the renders are kinda wrong:
    • N9 modifiers: In reality the modifiers are a dark dark grey (between dark grey and black) and i'm fine with this, Dark grey is better than black
    • GR1 alphas: Here is the problem imho, this one is more a light gray, not really a white or a creamy color, wouldn't be better C9 that is more creamy or white?

Here are some pics, also compared to a non-gmk white cap and other colors of gmk
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think the colours are perfect as is tbh.  GR1 is much a much nicer match for this set than CP, WS1 or WS2 I'd say. 
As far as the bar/scooped It looks like both will be included with the kit, so that's awesome too.  I know pleny that prefer bars to scoops.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 11:21:21 »

As far as the bar/scooped It looks like both will be included with the kit, so that's awesome too.  I know pleny that prefer bars to scoops.

Oh i missed that, my bad. Yeah that's actually nice :) 

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 20:54:50 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yes, colors are confirmed, and wont be changing. You seem to be following me around and demanding I do things to your liking :P

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 22:17:52 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Yes, colors are confirmed, and wont be changing. You seem to be following me around and demanding I do things to your liking :P

Yay. GR1 is naic. I wouldn't even consider it if it were ruined with a warm white when purple is a cool color. GR1 looks awesome and next to N9 because of how we perceive contrast, it totally looks white anyway (just like hydro).

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 03:38:36 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

oh did I wrote you this already on reddit?  If so, my bad sorry, fish-memory here, just trying to get the best set for myself everyone :D

Not a big deal afterall, at least we will get the split spacebars!   

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 08:38:03 »
Count me in! This is dope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline clee

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 11:53:26 »
Count me in!

Offline poolside

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 13:21:04 »
Probably in as well, especially with the EU proxy  :thumb:

The keyset mockup shows duplicate F5-F8 purple on gray caps. Are these supposed to be white instead? If so, can we also get F1-F5 and F9-F12 gray keycaps to make a full gray function row?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 20:19:59 »

The keyset mockup shows duplicate F5-F8 purple on gray caps. Are these supposed to be white instead? If so, can we also get F1-F5 and F9-F12 gray keycaps to make a full gray function row?

Oh i didn't noticed these, i think they are supposed to be purple (?)

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 20:22:10 »

Those keys were an oversight during the render process, they don't exist :)

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:29:50 »
oh man. this set is :fire:

Offline Nenija

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 12:22:01 »
Damn, would love nordic compatibility with this! Might have to grab it anyways.. :D

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:43:09 »

Wait so no optional f keys? ;_____;

Is it possible to get at least white F5-F8, so we can get some kind of uniform f row?

Even tho having those mod color is 'the standard' it looks terrible on high contrast sets imo.

Offline poolside

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:36:52 »

Thanks. I wish those were real  :'(

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 03:44:33 »

I'll see what adding 4 gr1 F keys will add to the total, no promises, the base kit is starting to get expensive. Difficult to make everyone happy and keep it within budget.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 05:41:58 »

I'll see what adding 4 gr1 F keys will add to the total, no promises, the base kit is starting to get expensive. Difficult to make everyone happy and keep it within budget.

Really want them to be real too...   ;_____;

Fingers crossed xD

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #69 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 06:59:40 »

Imho doesn't make sense to add them, don't really like the idea of the uniform color on the F-Row.  If you really want to add f5-f8 in another color purple would make more sense, but afterall the best thing is to just don't include them to not increase the price for unnecessary keys.

I mean, at this point if we want to increase slightly the price, just add split spacebars and make a lot of people happy, instead of adding again the same keycaps in another color... 

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 07:32:15 »

Imho doesn't make sense to add them, don't really like the idea of the uniform color on the F-Row.  If you really want to add f5-f8 in another color purple would make more sense, but afterall the best thing is to just don't include them to not increase the price for unnecessary keys.

I mean, at this point if we want to increase slightly the price, just add split spacebars and make a lot of people happy, instead of adding again the same keycaps in another color...

I respect your opinion, but would strongly disagree purple f5-8 makes more (or any tbh) sense.

I understand most people dislike the idea of a uniform f row, but there is a lot of people who feel the opposite.

This is not just creating another color choice for no reason it's for achieving a uniform look.

I much prefer uniform f-rows for 75% or basically any layout without f-row spacers.
On tkl for example I would not go uniform, but for 75% it's a must imo.

I would love to see them happen, but I don't really mind much either way,  just another reason to cast more trans purple blanks...

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 07:15:57 »

I respect your opinion, but would strongly disagree purple f5-8 makes more (or any tbh) sense.

I understand most people dislike the idea of a uniform f row, but there is a lot of people who feel the opposite.

This is not just creating another color choice for no reason it's for achieving a uniform look.

I much prefer uniform f-rows for 75% or basically any layout without f-row spacers.
On tkl for example I would not go uniform, but for 75% it's a must imo.

I would love to see them happen, but I don't really mind much either way,  just another reason to cast more trans purple blanks...

Got it, honestly as a 75% user i prefer the non-uniform f-row without spaces, but yeah just different opinions. 
What i was saying is that there are many keys already, some are missing sure but if OP has to make everyone happy with other keycaps with other colors, the price will be too high for others initially interested in this set :D  I mean i'm ok to add 1 keycap to support another layout, but starting to make other colors for keycaps that are already in the set is a no-no imho (solely for the price increase)   
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 September 2017, 07:19:28 by KaosJ »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 10:12:48 »
I understand Kaos.

Honestly, balancing price while trying to cover most needs is always a challenge for gmk sets.

I honestly don't mind either way, but I would love to see uniform f-rows get more support. (I would prefer this over stuff like arrow color options f.e.)

Sets designed with uniform f-row in mind (or other non standard features) have been pushed towards the 'standard' by the community more then once.
And while I get that keeping it standard is usually preferable to hit moq, Im sad seeing the potential of making something unique beeing wasted by forcing standards...

Just my two cents

Offline jihadu

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 10:19:53 »
I understand Kaos.

Honestly, balancing price while trying to cover most needs is always a challenge for gmk sets.

I honestly don't mind either way, but I would love to see uniform f-rows get more support. (I would prefer this over stuff like arrow color options f.e.)

Sets designed with uniform f-row in mind (or other non standard features) have been pushed towards the 'standard' by the community more then once.
And while I get that keeping it standard is usually preferable to hit moq, Im sad seeing the potential of making something unique beeing wasted by forcing standards...

Just my two cents
You could always just run these keys as an add on pack with others such as led caps lock and stepped caps

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 10:24:47 »
I understand Kaos.

Just my two cents
You could always just run these keys as an add on pack with others such as led caps lock and stepped caps

This could be awesome, but if the MOQ is still 100 or 150 (like the set with standard colors), i really doubt such a kit will happen unless is runned from Massdrop (not this set) 

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
[IC] GMK Violet Tendencies - Updated with base kit render!
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 10:38:23 »
Splitting up sets is usually not a good idea for gmk.

You could split all color options from the main set and create a subset including uniform f-row, to get more/most people on board but at that point you might aswell keep it all in the base set which will make the overall process easier and potentially cheaper then having to buy the add on set.

Again I'm good either way, and I'm definitely in on the buy, but I really feel these 4 keys deserve a higher priority

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 11:58:58 »
+1 on appreciating the option of uniform colors for F-row keys (IMO looks better for the left-hand macro pad on my RS78, versus having a block of four of one color, another block of four of another color, and then two at the bottom that alternate again).

That said, this is a great-looking set and I'd be interested regardless.
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline jihadu

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 07:38:35 »
Splitting up sets is usually not a good idea for gmk.

You could split all color options from the main set and create a subset including uniform f-row, to get more/most people on board but at that point you might aswell keep it all in the base set which will make the overall process easier and potentially cheaper then having to buy the add on set.

Again I'm good either way, and I'm definitely in on the buy, but I really feel these 4 keys deserve a higher priority
9009 is doing it  and it's a community run GB, with no vendors involved.
But I agree most GBs run by community members won't pull the numbers required for Add-on's
« Last Edit: Mon, 25 September 2017, 07:40:42 by jihadu »

Offline kconfire

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 08:12:50 »
Can't wait to get in on this one!
Any expected date when GB will launch?
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline cynnoh

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 12:25:41 »
Any idea what the estimated cost of this set will be?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:02:44 »
This set is getting me really excited. Can't wait to throw my money at some white alphas!

EDIT: Did the 1.25u R3 get removed from the kit? I don't see it in the most recent render.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 September 2017, 17:14:03 by AlexAtPanc »

Offline odd

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 02:01:42 »
Looks amazing, count me in for sure.

Offline kconfire

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 12:54:14 »
Any idea on when the GB will begin?
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 22:43:41 »
Hi Voxicles! Any news regarding this set? Whether it'll be later in the year or next year maybe? This will be one of my endgame sets and I'm excited for it but i'll be patient regardless of any updates

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 06:48:27 »
Space bar kits hit MOQ all the time.  Extras kit with something like duplicate f row would probably have trouble though.  Can't compare this to 9009, as that base set hit MOQ in one day.. a different animal all together.
keyboards.

Offline poolside

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 14:35:54 »

Forgot to say thanks for considering the addition of the full gray F-row support  :thumb:

Offline CamRank1

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 20:49:18 »
I am also ready to enter this Group buy

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 05:45:01 »
Is OP ded?   :(   

Violet Tendencies wheeeeeen? 

Offline midnightrun

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 17:30:38 »
GB will be awesome!  :cool:

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 18:49:14 »
Is OP ded?   :(   

Violet Tendencies wheeeeeen?

I'm with KaosJ...wheeeeeen?

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Ponkan

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 20:16:22 »
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen?

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 20:17:46 »
OP might just be waiting out the 5 current GMK GB's going on right now. I'd be patient

Offline azharkh

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 23 October 2017, 00:25:47 »
This looks amazing, definitely interested.

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 04:24:53 »
OP might just be waiting out the 5 current GMK GB's going on right now. I'd be patient

GMK saturation at the moment

Offline Calza

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 27 October 2017, 04:52:39 »
How long are we thinking? I need this!

Offline darthzero

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 14:32:52 »
I'd suggest at least a month after LASER... There is just too much GMK for the market (not me, i love it... but doesn't help if it means 2/5 sets won't make it) at the moment. LASER is the next big thing "everyone" is waiting for and i bet people will throw tons of money on all the kits etc.
Give people time to recover a bit.  :thumb:
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 02:44:30 »
Wow, dang that's pretty.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #97 on: Wed, 01 November 2017, 07:26:49 »
I'd suggest at least a month after LASER... There is just too much GMK for the market (not me, i love it... but doesn't help if it means 2/5 sets won't make it) at the moment. LASER is the next big thing "everyone" is waiting for and i bet people will throw tons of money on all the kits etc.
Give people time to recover a bit.  :thumb:

Why not before Laser.  Laser is teasing for a while now, not sure when it will drop. 

Also Laser will be Massdrop :( 

Offline Voxicles

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 01:21:46 »
Hey folks! Sorry for my absence! I've been in transition for the last couple months while closing on a new house. Just got all moved in, and slowly getting my office set up. With the recent drop of laser, along with a billion other kits, I've decided to wait until February most likely, to run the GB. My render guy has become too expensive for me (hell, even ramen is too expensive for me now after buying this house), so I'll have to find some other way to come up with the final renders. The base kit has been adjusted quite a bit. F5,6,7,8 in GR1 have been added as well  :D, it's coming in at 162 keys, no idea on pricing, but it wont be super cheap. But I'll keep it as cheap as I possibly can, while still making sure those doing the heavy lifting are compensated fairly for their time an effort. The 40/45/Basic ortho kit has been trimmed down drastically and will only have about 20 keys. The space bar kit is looking like it'll be about 10 keys. I'll throw up some default renders of kit contents in a few days.

Edit; On second(or 40th) thought, after seeing the base kit coverage for laser, I might ask mito if I can copy his coverage... That way It'd just be 1 kit, plus the space bar kit... Thoughts?

TL;DR - Violet Tendencies is still indeed happening!
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 November 2017, 02:36:10 by Voxicles »

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 06:29:52 »
I'd be glad to see Violet Tendencies' base kit copy Laser's; that adds everything you're missing that I'd need (and some more I wouldn't have expected, but welcome).  I wouldn't mind seeing what your adjusted base kit looks like first, though.