Author Topic: [IC] GMK Fishbed  (Read 65069 times)

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
Re: [IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 13 December 2017, 18:36:50 »
UPDATE - NORDE KIT

So hello people! This is the month where everything will happen, hopefully, to launch in the first week of January. So, here is the NORDE kit, this kit is very important to CandyKeys since it is a EU store and we simply want ISO support in more than just UK.

The inspiration for it was taken from GMK Nautilus NORDE kit.

Show Image

We have yet to correct that, the new render is coming soon, be aware you are still looking at old renders. BASE ISO will be in the set as requested.

Is every OK with this?

Next update - Would people prefer an American Vendor as well for the people from the other-side of the pond?

Well this STILL doesn't address my concern that the base kit does not support ISO (missing a R4 1u key to go next to the ISO Left Shift. Please consider adding the 1u key to remedy this. Although this still does not have the correct legended keys for my layout (ISO-UK), at least adding this would allow me to use the base kit on an ISO keyboard.
The CandyKeys Mechanical Keyboard Store

Offline Trousers

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 14 December 2017, 02:51:43 »
The NORDE kit looks fine, but as mentioned, like Nautilus, it is missing the first key of R1:

Not that it is a key I ever use, but it would be nice to have it or something there to replace it, be it a blank or a novelty cap.

I'm getting the set either way and any Nordic support is better than the usual none.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 17:21:26 »

UPDATE 19. December 2017

Changes - Added a blank R1 keycap, that can be used as the 1/2 keycap on ISO keyboards, in the NORDE KIT
             - Added a shift 2u R4 keycap as requested and added a R4 Delete Key 1U

Coming - Probably add 1 Red ESC as default
            - RED PACK Final, working on the actual novelty graphics, any ideas are welcome

Questionable - the need for all the spacebars? Can drop the cost a bit.
                    - checking NORDE kit one more time to make sure if it really fits everything
                    - Possible Night Pack?

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 23:51:27 »
Show Image

UPDATE 19. December 2017

Changes - Added a blank R1 keycap, that can be used as the 1/2 keycap on ISO keyboards, in the NORDE KIT

- Possible Night Pack?

Has it been finalized that "Delete" will be used in place of "Backspace"?

Also have the teal alternate arrows been moved out of the base it?  Will they be in the novelty kit?
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 03:48:02 »
Show Image

UPDATE 19. December 2017

- Possible Night Pack?

Also have the teal alternate arrows been moved out of the base it?  Will they be in the novelty kit?

I will pitch both types to Christoph, I will get pricing for both and check what the difference is, would like to have the novelty arrows ofc. Delete will be used instead of backspace. Will update it.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 04:47:45 »
checking NORDE kit one more time to make sure if it really fits everything
This is really a  personal preference but I know I'm not alone: how about a dark base angled brackets cap for ISO Shift symmetry?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #156 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 04:48:24 »
Show Image

UPDATE 19. December 2017

- Possible Night Pack?

Ah, much better. Thanks for addressing my concerns regarding the ISO keys!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Trousers

« Reply #157 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 08:21:05 »
It all looks great. Although, the Norde kit probably doesn't need an ISO enter, if it's already included in the base set.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #158 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 08:32:55 »
checking NORDE kit one more time to make sure if it really fits everything
This is really a  personal preference but I know I'm not alone: how about a dark base angled brackets cap for ISO Shift symmetry?

Can be done, anyone else?
It all looks great. Although, the Norde kit probably doesn't need an ISO enter, if it's already included in the base set.

It will probably be taken away or switched to Red.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #159 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 10:40:35 »
Show Image

UPDATE 19. December 2017

- Possible Night Pack?

I will pitch both types to Christoph, I will get pricing for both and check what the difference is, would like to have the novelty arrows ofc. Delete will be used instead of backspace. Will update it.

Sorry I was just asking about the delete key because I actually prefer it to say backspace...:)

Not sure what the majority thinks.
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #160 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 10:48:56 »
Thank you for adding a 2u Shift key!

Slightly off topic but it seems like every single keyset has a lot of angst surrounding ISO. Is there an example of a GMK keyset that has a "perfect" ISO set with only the needed keys added? (not an ISO user so somewhat ignorant on the topic).

If you are looking for a novelty idea, many Mig-21's were silver with single red star on the tail. A red star keycap might be a good idea for a ESC or other key. Also a novelty idea is a keycap with simply "MiG" or "MiG-21" in the standard font that GMK uses. Another idea for "Enter" is "Mikoyan Gurevich" on two lines. Just ideas, not necessarily requests, and they might not look that great.

A picture of the tail star can be found here:
http://www.comtourist.com/history/aviodrome/photos-aviodrome/page/2/

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 11:10:46 »
Sorry I was just asking about the delete key because I actually prefer it to say backspace...:)

I am not sure people will like "delete" in place of "backspace".

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 12:38:18 »

TBF pretty much every set and keyboard has a "backspace" and "delete" key seperately. A 1.50 Delete key makes more sense, for HHKB/etc layouts.

@OP: The most recent render has two 1.5 DELETE keys. Also def split up the spacebar kit into its own small kit like you're thinking. It'll shave like $10 off the base kit.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #163 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 12:44:15 »

Sorry I might not have been clear.

I’m saying I actually prefer the “backspace” key over the delete key.

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 14:10:07 »
What happened to the coloured keys, are they considered novelties? they are essential for this set.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 11:24:36 »
What happened to the coloured keys, are they considered novelties? they are essential for this set.

Here is the red-pack, any suggestions?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 12:38:49 »

Show Image

Perhaps like to see a Eject version of the Return key also and Fire key? I don't know what that will add to cost. I don't care for the jet key my self and would like alternative to simply having red return. 

Offline BrambleTheBoar

• Keep it tight!
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 22:45:53 »

Show Image

Perhaps like to see a Eject version of the Return key also and Fire key? I don't know what that will add to cost. I don't care for the jet key my self and would like alternative to simply having red return. 

I agree, I would like to see a Fire version of the Return key.  Really looking forward to this set!

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 23:56:38 »

Show Image

I agree, I would like to see Fire version of the return key in red with the white underline.  I also don't really care for the jet return key.  So if we need to make a cut I vote for that.

Are we also no longer getting these keys?:

I personally really liked those.

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #169 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 07:44:50 »

Show Image

I agree, I would like to see Fire version of the return key in red with the white underline.  I also don't really care for the jet return key.  So if we need to make a cut I vote for that.

Are we also no longer getting these keys?:

Show Image

I personally really liked those.

Thats what i was thinking. The green and orange keys really create a great looking contrast

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 19:14:47 »
The red enters in the novelties should be available in ISO as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 18:27:46 »

Update on red-pack, ISO, and alternative enter key, I would like a vote to see what would be most favorable enter variants. The plan is to keep this set extremely cheap, it would be around 95 EUR non-EU and 120 EUR EU base kit. You can understand we are trying to keep this cheap, already being neighbors to GMK is a big help as there is no shipping fees, import export fees and all that stuff.

Regarding the hazard lights, green orange and red, we will work on a design for that and see what looks best!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 29 December 2017, 22:00:43 »
Show Image

Update on red-pack, ISO, and alternative enter key, I would like a vote to see what would be most favorable enter variants. The plan is to keep this set extremely cheap, it would be around 95 EUR non-EU and 120 EUR EU base kit. You can understand we are trying to keep this cheap, already being neighbors to GMK is a big help as there is no shipping fees, import export fees and all that stuff.

Regarding the hazard lights, green orange and red, we will work on a design for that and see what looks best!

Thanks for the feedback! :)

Hmm if you want to keep it cheap, I would prefer a regular red enter key and also a red enter key for the numpad as well.  If you do the hazard light's, there will  be a fire key there anyway's so no need to have it on enter as well.  Still OK with scraping the "Jet" enter key.

That's my opinion anyways.

Offline x86ect

« Reply #173 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 01:35:33 »
Show Image

The red pack says there are R4 novelties, but they include the Esc key; should it say R1?
as per

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #174 on: Sat, 30 December 2017, 07:21:40 »
Show Image

The red pack says there are R4 novelties, but they include the Esc key; should it say R1?
as per
Show Image

Was inverted, woops. Will be fixed. Will work on it ASAP.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 22:07:50 »
Any thought to using the division and multiplication symbols on the numpad keys instead of "/" and "*" ?

GMK Taro is using them, for example:

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:21:31 »
New Update -

So here is the newer update, I have removed some keys and fitted the set to have the same keys as GMK Nautilus, this should slightly drop the price. Also fixed the legends on the 2D render, obviously it will be GMK fonts and the arrows will probably be custom.

Probably missed a thing or two. They will be then fixed if anything is wrong.

Updated Red-Pack to have the alarm lights as well, only problem is not really sure how to figure out the font/symbols so R1s from the top rows can be used as a red light for the hazard lights.

What do you guys think?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:37:17 »
get rid of the NorDE

the number of people that actually use those keys is far smaller than some users would have you believe

just look at the numbers for all the massdrop sets if you need proof

rest of it looks fine to me
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:41:12 »
Is that one single kit?
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:51:37 »
Could do the arrows featured in Burgundy R2:

might save a few bucks on custom molds

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
[IC] GMK Fishbed
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 17:47:49 »
I think this looks great. Though I do agree with puddsy’s comment above.

Also, not a deal breaker, but are the additional teal arrows keys going to be added?

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 18:44:30 »
get rid of the NorDE

the number of people that actually use those keys is far smaller than some users would have you believe

just look at the numbers for all the massdrop sets if you need proof

rest of it looks fine to me

So not even as a pack? That can be done, ehm, will double check the compatibility so it fits most EU Users then from Base kit.

Could do the arrows featured in Burgundy R2:
Show Image

might save a few bucks on custom molds

Those arrows are actually nice yeah! I will ask for sure.

Is that one single kit?

Sorry, BASE, NORDE and Red Pack is all seperate.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 18:59:07 »
oh well if NORDE is separate than it's fine
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline mike873

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 20:32:47 »
Maybe have an option for some short spacebars, 2u, 3u? as a separate kit for sure, or even 2.25 and 2.75 but convex. It would be nice not to have to use a shift for the split setups.

Mac keys, not just windows?

Maybe a handful of blanks? I'm working on a build where `~ is actually between the shift and the Z and that space has an Esc instead. I wouldn't expect you to make an R4 ~, but a blank would be nice. Same thing for \|, I'm using an ISO enter, kind of a bastardized ANSI layout. I just find it weird that symbol keys spill over.

I love the proper * and / symbols.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 20:40:34 »
Maybe have an option for some short spacebars, 2u, 3u? as a separate kit for sure, or even 2.25 and 2.75 but convex. It would be nice not to have to use a shift for the split setups.

Maybe a handful of blanks? I'm working on a build where `~ is actually between the shift and the Z and that space has an Esc instead. I wouldn't expect you to make an R4 ~, but a blank would be nice. Same thing for \|, I'm using an ISO enter, kind of a bastardized ANSI layout. I just find it weird that symbol keys spill over.

A TU2 spacebar kit would be worthwhile.

Offline BOK

• i,m fine
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 21:42:42 »
New Update -

Show Image

So here is the newer update, I have removed some keys and fitted the set to have the same keys as GMK Nautilus, this should slightly drop the price. Also fixed the legends on the 2D render, obviously it will be GMK fonts and the arrows will probably be custom.

Probably missed a thing or two. They will be then fixed if anything is wrong.

Updated Red-Pack to have the alarm lights as well, only problem is not really sure how to figure out the font/symbols so R1s from the top rows can be used as a red light for the hazard lights.

What do you guys think?
How much reduced price? Do you have any expectated price?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 04:11:42 »
Is there ETA on launch? Cause I mean this sets been in the making for a while. While pleasing everyone would be nice.. some people with more exotic sets just have to get over not being supported. I know I recently feel in love with topre.. and I had to quickly get over that keyset's for a stock topre board. I don't think there been many if any custom sets designed for the board. Thats the risk of running with something you know isn't mainstream popular.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #187 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:19:01 »
Is there ETA on launch? Cause I mean this sets been in the making for a while. While pleasing everyone would be nice.. some people with more exotic sets just have to get over not being supported. I know I recently feel in love with topre.. and I had to quickly get over that keyset's for a stock topre board. I don't think there been many if any custom sets designed for the board. Thats the risk of running with something you know isn't mainstream popular.

Sending GMK today what I have so far so I can give a ballpark price to everyone and if its too high than what I would like then we will cut it down a bit.
You are right about the compatibility, in the end its not going to please everyone and now adding even more kits that wont make the MOQ would be silly. It is why its taking so long as well.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 05:26:24 »

I will consider the spacebar kit, since it would help KATANA as well and other unusual format keebs.
I think the main decision on * / symbols is to go with the "modern" symbols, sorry.

Regarding your handful of blanks, that could possible to get into a blank kit maybe? So spacebars and all that to fit other keyboards where people need?

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 14:37:11 »

I think the main decision on * / symbols is to go with the "modern" symbols, sorry.

I'm pretty sure he was saying it's good that they're the "right" ones  :))

Offline mike873

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 16:00:11 »

I'm pretty sure he was saying it's good that they're the "right" ones  :))

I was complimenting the use of the saltire for multiplication and the obelus for division.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:32:35 »
First Render and a Forum Image you can put in the footers or wherever to help us promote the set! Info was added to the Original Post on this page and pricing is coming tomorrow.
There will be a google questionnaire coming tomorrow so people can then decide what should be included, what not or what should be added. Renders are coming soon, with one render taking 3 hours it is not easy :) Do be aware that symbol sizing/symbols might not be perfect at the moment in the renders or 2d images. Working on that.

EDIT - Forgot to add, I am not posting any final layouts just yet, reason being that I want to know the price of the current set that we have now even though it is not perfect and accordingly we will be able to create the perfect set without going overboard.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 January 2018, 16:35:31 by CandyKeys »

Offline Woovie

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:06:36 »
Looking fantastic so far :thumb: This could be my first GMK set if it gets made.

Offline BrambleTheBoar

• Keep it tight!
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 20:31:14 »
I'm so excited for this set!!   :thumb:

Offline spkmic

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 21:00:14 »
The orange and green keys have black legends.
It is strange that only the red key next to the two keys has a white legend.
I think there should be one red R1 key with black legend to match these.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 03:29:01 »
The orange and green keys have black legends.
It is strange that only the red key next to the two keys has a white legend.
I think there should be one red R1 key with black legend to match these.

Working on that, will be figuring out in the questionnaire whether white or black legends are the way to go.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 12:12:14 »
Great updates.

Offline CandyKeys

• Just doing EU things.
    • CandyKeys EU MK Store
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 19:48:20 »
INTEREST CHECK FORM IS HERE - https://goo.gl/forms/fXMcHF53gLrLm0f13

So, got the pricing for GMK, as stated

BASE-KIT
124,00 EUR (EU) 104,00 EUR (Not EU) - MOQ of 120 Sets (Yes, 120)
114,00 EUR (EU) 95,00 EUR (Not EU) - 220 Sets
104,00 EUR (EU) 87,00 EUR (Not EU) - 450 Sets

NORDE-KIT
35,00 EUR (EU) 29,50 EUR (Not EU) - MOQ of 80

As the current way it is the RED PACK is just not affordable so we will have to change it up a lot.

Please fill out the questionnaire below and we will then change it all up accordingly. If you have any suggestions then add them here or e-mail us (support@candykeys.com) or PM me :)

Offline Petch

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 20:07:33 »
Filled out form, pasting suggestions here as well for discussion

• No red pack please / separate kit
  • R4 1.25u Caps Lock (so Caps Lock and Control can be swapped, GMK have this mold)
  • Change R2 1.5u backspace/delete key to just the larger backspace icon (not the boxed one, just "<---")
  • Support 1800 layout with R3 1u "+" and R2 "-"
  • Support 75% layout with R2 PgUp, R3 PgDn and R4 End keys. Currently there are 2 R3 PgUp keys and 2 R2 PgDn keys

Btw, I'm not sure what you mean by "Would you like a default Red ESC button for a smaller extra base price?"

Are we getting the cap for a small price, or making the price smaller by only having 1 escape?

And the spacebar selection isn't multi-choice. I'd want 6.25u and 7u personally

I'm assuming the f & j keys in base set are scooped? Can't tell from the image

Offline soupymeatballs

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 11 January 2018, 21:52:11 »
Filled out. Adding onto what Petch said  the end question (what kits would you buy) is not multi-choice. I personally would buy base and red kit.