Author Topic: [IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane & DSA Plague (LIVE on kono.store!)  (Read 29707 times)

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Voice your interest on Kono Store!

So while Oblivion is running its course, I've been tinkering on another project for a while now. These two sets are done in collaboration with Gregor, a good friend of mine who is very skilled in the 2D and 3D arts world. The main inspiration for these sets is as some of you may quickly notice: World of Warcraft, namely the Arcane mage as well as the whole undead environment in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. Plague was intended to be name Necro, but someone else was quicker on that one ;)

My friend has created a first revision of the novelties we have in mind, subject to change. They will absolutely need more work done, for example refining them to fit the keys properly, and making sure the level of detail is possible to do in the CNC machine that will carve these into metal. Also the Plague set will probably replace the 1u Sheep novelty, have a unique one on Return and the 1.5u and 1.25u bottom row keys. However I wish to gain some feedback on them before we waste many hours 'finalizing' them only to throw a couple out or so.

The sets are for the DSA profile, thus uniform. Also I very much intend to run these as entire single kits instead of splitting stuff off, much like in the style of SA Camping and SA PhotoStudio. So as far as compatibility goes, I think I've covered all of the usual stuff. Also running two sets will more or less halve the cost of novelty creation costs on each.

DSA Arcane - Example references https://www.google.de/search?q=wow+arcane+mage&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch

DSA Plague - Example references https://www.google.de/search?q=wow+undercity&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch

TODO:
- Evaluate feedback on novelties, feel free to suggest different ones
- Refine novelties and prepare them for production
- Keyboard renders
- Find a vendor
- GB

Special thanks to my friend Gregor, as well as engicoder, t0mb3ry and MiTo.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2018, 14:15:23 by Oblotzky »

Offline cocobrais

Re: [IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane and DSA Plague
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 07:25:10 »
I love 2nd one as plague :thumb:

Offline TanHin

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 08:03:15 »
Really nice  :thumb:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 08:19:47 »
Wife and I played WoW since release and for 10 years thereafter; despite having stopped long ago this is great to see - DSA is my favourite profile too so these are a buy for sure. Maybe you'll eventually come up with ones for the classes we played, even!

Best of luck!

Offline bkw1209

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 08:59:57 »
NICE!!!!!
But I want GMK ..bb

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 09:02:11 »
NICE!!!!!
But I want GMK ..bb

GMK isn't really an option if I want to roll with all those novelties, those would cost a fortune to get made  :(

Offline avid

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 09:04:54 »
No ISO? Havent bought any DSA set, but how much is one of those sets in general? Like GMK? Cheaper/more expensive?

Offline byoliven

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 09:06:19 »
DSA Arcane would be my first DSA keyset !!! :p
Look forward to see them alive !!!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 09:08:13 »
No ISO? Havent bought any DSA set, but how much is one of those sets in general? Like GMK? Cheaper/more expensive?

Not really a fan of using a DCS key to fill the gap in DSA. We should try to figure out a way how to get the mold funded tho.

Offline Locnguyen1507

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 09:38:28 »
I'd like to add Ergodox kit, Planck kit for these two set :3 What a pity if u miss it  :(

Offline avid

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 10:37:23 »

Not really a fan of using a DCS key to fill the gap in DSA. We should try to figure out a way how to get the mold funded tho.

What? Are you saying DSA enter dont exists? DSA Run (candykeys) have a iso enter for example.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 10:43:44 »

What? Are you saying DSA enter dont exists? DSA Run (candykeys) have a iso enter for example.

Correct, all DSA sets with ISO return keys have used the mold from DCS. It doesn't quite fit since DCS is cylindrical while DSA is spherical, also different thickness.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 10:46:49 »
Love Arcane. Don't care for novelties but would still buy.

Don't use ISO but 100% agree.

I think people would know if it existed, but sets have alway used the DCS enter due to the DSA mold not existing.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 10:57:11 »
Yes!  Finally a beautiful artistic set in a non SA profile.  I'm in whenever this is ready :thumb:

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 11:30:07 »
I will keep my eye on Plague  :thumb:

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 11:55:26 »
Plague

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline TanHin

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 12:34:06 »
Plague

What you doing here, PBT fanboy  ;D

Offline robotsokk

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 13:36:14 »
Awesome idea behind the sets! Miss playing WoW and my lock... Such good times. Plague is probably my fave between the two, though they both look great. The artwork for the novelties is well done  :thumb:
@home      @work Swapping out boards... coming soon     wtb

Offline poolside

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 14:03:08 »
Hmmm, I want those tasty purple keycaps. I don't know anything about WoW, but the novelties look nice.  :thumb:

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 20:13:08 »
I love them!! I'm starting to get back into collecting DSA sets, so bring it on!!

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 20:43:35 »
I've never had a dsa set, but I might have to buy both!

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 20:44:44 »
Plague

What you doing here, PBT fanboy  ;D
Shhhh

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 12:50:24 »
Very interested.
Can you include a non-homing F and J for alternate layout users?

Offline bciamny

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 18:47:18 »
oblotzky and gregor pls

<3

Offline vinzlr

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:14:04 »
Totally in!

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 00:36:52 »
Looking forward to Arcane!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 00:11:06 »
Unf, Arcane looks amazing.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 00:28:13 »
So while Oblivion is running its course, I've been tinkering on another project for a while now. These two sets are done in collaboration with Gregor, a good friend of mine who is very skilled in the 2D and 3D arts world. The main inspiration for these sets is as some of you may quickly notice: World of Warcraft, namely the Arcane mage as well as the whole undead environment in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms. Plague was intended to be name Necro, but someone else was quicker on that one ;)

My friend has created a first revision of the novelties we have in mind, subject to change. They will absolutely need more work done, for example refining them to fit the keys properly, and making sure the level of detail is possible to do in the CNC machine that will carve these into metal. Also the Plague set will probably replace the 1u Sheep novelty, have a unique one on Return and the 1.5u and 1.25u bottom row keys. However I wish to gain some feedback on them before we waste many hours 'finalizing' them only to throw a couple out or so.

The sets are for the DSA profile, thus uniform. Also I very much intend to run these as entire single kits instead of splitting stuff off, much like in the style of SA Camping and SA PhotoStudio. So as far as compatibility goes, I think I've covered all of the usual stuff. Also running two sets will more or less halve the cost of novelty creation costs on each.

DSA Arcane - Example references https://www.google.de/search?q=wow+arcane+mage&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch
Show Image

DSA Plague - Example references https://www.google.de/search?q=wow+undercity&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=isch
Show Image

TODO:
- Evaluate feedback on novelties, feel free to suggest different ones
- Refine novelties and prepare them for production
- Keyboard renders
- Find a vendor
- GB

Special thanks to my friend Gregor, as well as t0mb3ry and MiTo.

first off! Take my money I want both! As a avid world of Warcraft player these sing to me!!! Now the novelty's I do have a bit of feedback! I really like some of them! like the sheep! The mana Potion... The eye and the frost shield!!!... those look wicked for the mage!... rest of them I am a bit mixed on! as far as mage goes... they look a bit to much like necromancer/priest skills.... we have the enter key that looks like a skeleton which is more ... warlock soul siphon... then we have the tendrils that look like void tendrils from a priest. Skull is a nice cap for the necro set thats very death knight like. the lighting not really sure what that was suppose to be...  then the dual energy blobs look cool but remind me of Chaos bolt which is also a warlock skill

Some inspiration I might use for the sets are skill icons for Deathknight for the plague land sets!!! and Mage skills for the mage set... otherwise this set looks amazing! like said hurry take my money!

one other question I do have is it possible!! to get a black alpha set with the neon green letters?

Hope this is helpful man and totally looking forward to this set! hardcore!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 07:44:28 »
first off! Take my money I want both! As a avid world of Warcraft player these sing to me!!! Now the novelty's I do have a bit of feedback! I really like some of them! like the sheep! The mana Potion... The eye and the frost shield!!!... those look wicked for the mage!... rest of them I am a bit mixed on! as far as mage goes... they look a bit to much like necromancer/priest skills.... we have the enter key that looks like a skeleton which is more ... warlock soul siphon... then we have the tendrils that look like void tendrils from a priest. Skull is a nice cap for the necro set thats very death knight like. the lighting not really sure what that was suppose to be...  then the dual energy blobs look cool but remind me of Chaos bolt which is also a warlock skill

Right but the thing is the novelties are, at least currently, the same ones for both sets - meaning they're not mage exclusive, they're meant to be reminiscent of other classes too, hence there's some warlock/priest-esque etc stuff in there.

Oblotzky has stated he's working on a ton more novelties so I'd assume the 2 sets will have different ones eventually if budget allows.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 08:43:55 »

Right but the thing is the novelties are, at least currently, the same ones for both sets - meaning they're not mage exclusive, they're meant to be reminiscent of other classes too, hence there's some warlock/priest-esque etc stuff in there.

Oblotzky has stated he's working on a ton more novelties so I'd assume the 2 sets will have different ones eventually if budget allows.

Not a ton is planned at this point

Also the Plague set will probably replace the 1u Sheep novelty, have a unique one on Return and the 1.5u and 1.25u bottom row keys.

Maybe I/we can come up with a few more 1u ones though. But I'll probably try to avoid that for cost reasons. This set won't be on MD with 500+ units selling where 50-75$ per new mold is negligible

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 08:55:30 »
W/ that said, I want both sets! & what's good Virgrith, long time, no convo. Contact me when you can, so we catch up.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 18:20:39 »

Not a ton is planned at this point

Also the Plague set will probably replace the 1u Sheep novelty, have a unique one on Return and the 1.5u and 1.25u bottom row keys.

Maybe I/we can come up with a few more 1u ones though. But I'll probably try to avoid that for cost reasons. This set won't be on MD with 500+ units selling where 50-75$ per new mold is negligible

even if they share novelty's and they stay the same! I am totally understanding of that! and I know price needs to be affordable! Thats really important. That was one thing with the last keycap buy in I was part of. I couldn't afford both color way's no matter how i tried to slice it! I think it was going to be like 250 dollars to outfit two tada 68's... and just doing a single race 3 was going to cost me like 180.. so  just couldn't do it had to settle for a single set!.. for a Tada 68 which ended up being like 140 I think with novelties!.. on massdrop so yea I totally be down for sacrificing some for better price!.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 20:01:59 »
Hoooooooooooooooooooolllly **** ... Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly ****

I want ... SOOO BAD. These novelties are SO SICK!

I would love if you offered green space bar option and possibly a green number stripe. But I might be the only crazy one who loves green this much. If you can do a green space I might want it bad enough to pay the whole extra cost if that's a possibility.

But DAYUMN. I am SO in for Plague.

PS please please please please don't do this on MD
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 September 2017, 21:43:51 by TelFiRE »
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline funkybeat7

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:08:02 »
Oh man, 6 years of WoW has prepared me for this set, I'll probably end up going for both  :thumb: I want anything and everything that could be related to warlocks honestly. It looks fantastic so far!

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:39:47 »
I'm mostly SA these days but this is a DSA set I'd get. Love the shade of green and the novelties are great too. I have to agree with the post above about the green space bar though. It's almost like the balance is thrown off with it being white and all the other corners being green accented. Much the same with the purple variant. Adding those would all but seal the deal.

Either way, consider me very interested!  :thumb:

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 22:55:49 »
I think a matching green spacebar would be nice.
Mains: Bakers 6T (silver)   |   Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, thick)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 23:33:23 »
Hyped for Plague.
I've been avid WoW player, a undead rogue since vanilla.

It would be awesome if there are more choices of novelties for other classes or signature weapons such as the warglaives, thunderfury, etc

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 10:06:54 »
Must have both! I never ended up playing WoW but these sets caught my eye so bad! I can't wait to see this go further. I really enjoy the novelties too!

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 16 September 2017, 23:16:05 »
I'm not generally a fan of DSA but those are gorgeous - count me in for Arcane at least!

One comment I would like to make is a request for added homing/non-homing keys to support different keyboard layouts - eg. N/T for Colemak, H/U for Dvorak, and non-homed F/J.

I'd also love to see a full set of icon modifiers but that's probably a bit much to ask :D
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 September 2017, 01:15:51 by sevenseacat »

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 19:13:29 »
Love this idea, am I wrong in thinking Plague should have Warlock icons instead?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 19:27:16 »
Love this idea, am I wrong in thinking Plague should have Warlock icons instead?

The plague in WoW has a direct association with the forsaken/undead. 

Offline Geckt

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 20:52:18 »
Hoooooooooooooooooooolllly **** ... Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooly ****

I want ... SOOO BAD. These novelties are SO SICK!

I would love if you offered green space bar option and possibly a green number stripe. But I might be the only crazy one who loves green this much. If you can do a green space I might want it bad enough to pay the whole extra cost if that's a possibility.

But DAYUMN. I am SO in for Plague.

PS please please please please don't do this on MD

Yuuuuhhhh, you can't do without the green spacebar kit man. This is so hot dope.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 17 September 2017, 21:29:33 »
I remember when you made a render of Oblivion with all green just for me! I was so sad because it was amazing and would never actually exist, but now this is even better. So happy. I keep waking up and worrying DSA Plague was just a dream :))

Are you using VAT? This looks even more vibrant than VAT which would be amazing.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 September 2017, 22:32:12 by TelFiRE »
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Geckt

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 02:05:47 »
I remember when you made a render of Oblivion with all green just for me! I was so sad because it was amazing and would never actually exist, but now this is even better. So happy. I keep waking up and worrying DSA Plague was just a dream :))

Are you using VAT? This looks even more vibrant than VAT which would be amazing.
+1

And if it gets a little tweak like having the alphas in the lime green with black legends. I'd reserve my spot first.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 02:54:03 »

+1

And if it gets a little tweak like having the alphas in the lime green with black legends. I'd reserve my spot first.

It is indeed a different tone than VAT, I'll be picking out a specific Pantone soon which would then be a custom color in this project. Accent colored spacebars are also on my list now. Regarding Colemak/Dvorak support, it's a bit tough since it would add 1.75 Backspace and H U N T as dished keys, so 5 keys more total which is like 6-8$ on this scale

Offline Geckt

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 03:53:12 »

+1

It is indeed a different tone than VAT, I'll be picking out a specific Pantone soon which would then be a custom color in this project. Accent colored spacebars are also on my list now. Regarding Colemak/Dvorak support, it's a bit tough since it would add 1.75 Backspace and H U N T as dished keys, so 5 keys more total which is like 6-8$ on this scale

VAT isn't as intensive in RL, this is a whole different level of intensity. I can't comment on Colemak/Dvorak support, but, for starters to firm up the set maybe some blanks as and optional kit to fill up the different layouts needed like the recent spike of 40/50% users without needing to make more legended keys.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 05:25:45 »
Here's an idea. What if the novelties replace the default keys in their position entirely? So ESC and F1 - F12 gone, RETURN and numpad RETURN gone, SUPER keys gone, UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT gone. That could probably save us an easy 20$, and we could instead add the Dvorak & Colemmak support and maybe 40% support (needs like 5 keys or so?). The spacebars could possibly be made only in accent color too though that one I'm not so sure about till I've done proper keyboard renders.

So basically I am asking, is there anyone who likes the set but does not like the novelties?
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 September 2017, 05:27:38 by Oblotzky »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane and DSA Plague
« Reply #47 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 08:26:22 »
Here's an idea. What if the novelties replace the default keys in their position entirely? So ESC and F1 - F12 gone, RETURN and numpad RETURN gone, SUPER keys gone, UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT gone. That could probably save us an easy 20$, and we could instead add the Dvorak & Colemmak support and maybe 40% support (needs like 5 keys or so?). The spacebars could possibly be made only in accent color too though that one I'm not so sure about till I've done proper keyboard renders.

So basically I am asking, is there anyone who likes the set but does not like the novelties?
I love both w/ novelties as is. I'm a 40% user & the additional thing I would love to see if complete 40% (font) support; other that, I like what I see.

Offline avid

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 08:39:45 »
Love the arcane set. I'd assume no plans for DCS ISO enter/iso l-shift to be in the set?

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 08:49:55 »
Love the arcane set. I'd assume no plans for DCS ISO enter/iso l-shift to be in the set?

Not at this time due to reasons mentioned before (lack of proper ISO mold, considerable cost increase (~10-15$) for few people actually using them)