Author Topic: [IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane & DSA Plague (LIVE on kono.store!)  (Read 29706 times)

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
Re: [IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane and DSA Plague
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 12:05:31 »
Here's an idea. What if the novelties replace the default keys in their position entirely? So ESC and F1 - F12 gone, RETURN and numpad RETURN gone, SUPER keys gone, UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT gone. That could probably save us an easy 20$, and we could instead add the Dvorak & Colemmak support and maybe 40% support (needs like 5 keys or so?). The spacebars could possibly be made only in accent color too though that one I'm not so sure about till I've done proper keyboard renders.

So basically I am asking, is there anyone who likes the set but does not like the novelties?
As a Colemak user I'd say another option is to just include non-homing F and J. It doesn't take much to create your own homing keys and that covers all the alternate alpha layouts with just 2 keys.
FWIW, my opinion would be to keep the standard F-keys. The others (esc, return, etc) could be dedicated novelties. Maybe that would be enough to slip in 40% support?

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 12:42:51 »
+1 for plague.

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 14:23:20 »
Love this idea, am I wrong in thinking Plague should have Warlock icons instead?

The plague in WoW has a direct association with the forsaken/undead.

I guess Undercity did have mages, just the green reminded me of fel corruption colors they use for warlock stuffs, but probably better to keep uniformity.
Haven't played WoW in years but as I love DSA I can't see myself not getting both sets.
Rumblehotep was originally the name of my undead warlock  >:D

Offline funkybeat7

[IC] Enchanting Doublefeature - DSA Arcane and DSA Plague
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 15:00:04 »
Undead warlocks and rogues are my jam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline poolside

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 16:08:12 »
Here's an idea. What if the novelties replace the default keys in their position entirely? So ESC and F1 - F12 gone, RETURN and numpad RETURN gone, SUPER keys gone, UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT gone. That could probably save us an easy 20$, and we could instead add the Dvorak & Colemmak support and maybe 40% support (needs like 5 keys or so?). The spacebars could possibly be made only in accent color too though that one I'm not so sure about till I've done proper keyboard renders.

So basically I am asking, is there anyone who likes the set but does not like the novelties?

Novelty-only Esc and Super is fine but I absolutely need properly labeled Return and arrow keycaps.
Accented-only spacebars and novelty-only F1-F12 would be too fancier for me.

Offline arhetue

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 16:33:33 »
very nice sets. count me interested.

Offline Rodde

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 16:43:07 »
Arcane set looks great! Definitely interested.

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:42:58 »

I have no problems paying more for this set to keep more keys, however I definitely plan to use artisans for the F row and the novelties as my number row/arrows, so those omissions wouldn't bother me at all.

This is not really a big deal, but if you leave in RETURN, that allows the option of using that novelty on left shift instead, which I was thinking of doing since I plan on using the numpad RETURN novelty on backspace.
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 September 2017, 18:44:40 by TelFiRE »
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline Asbrodeus

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 08:41:57 »
would love to get arcane.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 11:28:14 »
Novelty-only Esc and Super is fine but I absolutely need properly labeled Return and arrow keycaps.
No judgement, but I'm curious about the hard stand on the Return key. Is it a style thing or do you have some other reason?

Offline poolside

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 19 September 2017, 15:58:16 »
No judgement, but I'm curious about the hard stand on the Return key. Is it a style thing or do you have some other reason?

Yes, it's more of a style thing. I somehow feel that novelties larger than 1u are screaming for attention and make keysets look unbalanced.
One exception may be novelty designs on 1.5u keycaps which can be put symmetrically on TKL winkeyless bottom rows. I don't like too much novelties on my boards  ;D

Offline spkmic

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 11:49:25 »
When Arcane and Plague are combined, it becomes Undercity.

Offline Dead Encryption

• Dead...
    • Twitch Channel
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 13:27:43 »
Plague looks cool!

Offline Softkore

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 22 September 2017, 14:35:03 »
Arcane is absolutely wicked, and would go really well with my purple Klippe...

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 23 September 2017, 20:39:42 »
Arcane looks really nice! It looks like Hyperfuse meets Skeletor.

Offline Jcoe0723

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 00:24:57 »
Ohhhh wow. Really liking both these sets...I'd probably go with the Plague....I hope these are made real!

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 24 September 2017, 01:00:12 »
Wanted to throw this out there I am not sure its a popular option but might be a fast/cheap option our least cheaper and faster. I personally find the quality to be outstanding on the set I own which might have been pure luck. Vendor wise have you thought about JTK? They seems really really nice. I am typing on a set now been using them for almost a week I love them honestly. I know people said they had issues but mine seem to be pretty clean and top notch. I do tend to not notice major things thought unless pointed out so perhaps I am just blind. I wanted to ask cause I wouldn't mind seeing more sets by them special for the price.

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 08:26:57 »
Wanted to throw this out there I am not sure its a popular option but might be a fast/cheap option our least cheaper and faster. I personally find the quality to be outstanding on the set I own which might have been pure luck. Vendor wise have you thought about JTK? They seems really really nice. I am typing on a set now been using them for almost a week I love them honestly. I know people said they had issues but mine seem to be pretty clean and top notch. I do tend to not notice major things thought unless pointed out so perhaps I am just blind. I wanted to ask cause I wouldn't mind seeing more sets by them special for the price.

JTK wouldn't be dsa though right? :(

Offline kconfire

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 08:46:15 »
Plaque with GMK and I'm automatically in.
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 09:20:21 »
I'm fixed on DSA for the first round. I want the novelties to exist in the spherical world of SP for reasons that you can take a wild guess at  :-*

GMK tooling would be way too expensive to go head first without testing the waters first (seeing how well the set performs and is received).

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 09:22:13 »
I'm fixed on DSA for the first round. I want the novelties to exist in the spherical world of SP for reasons you can take a wild guess at  :-*
Awesome & I'm looking forward to both of your DSA ventures! I love DSA & am ready for both sets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 09:22:59 »
I'm fixed on DSA for the first round. I want the novelties to exist in the spherical world of SP for reasons that you can take a wild guess at  :-*

My guess: wait until SA production lead time is less and throw out a round two of this bad boy if it goes really well

Offline lovetree

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 09:29:47 »
Waiting for GB notice for both sets!

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 25 September 2017, 09:31:44 »
HOT DAMN! I wish the Plague was GMK, don't really like DSA alot :(

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 20:36:56 »
I'm super glad it's DSA. There are no DSA sets based on lime green out there, and DSA is my favorite profile of what I've tried so far. I already have Terminal, I feel it's probably too soon for another lime green GMK set.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Tue, 26 September 2017, 20:42:26 »
Both of these look great!

Offline Woovie

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 27 September 2017, 01:43:37 »
Wow, plague is a beauty. I would love to buy a set like that. I am more of an SA person, but that looks damn nice.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 04 October 2017, 17:40:02 »
This is like DSA Deep Space Supernova edition with those white keys. I dig it, but I think the modifiers will need greater contrast to make the legends pop more than what happened with deep space. We've been lacking on really good DSA sets for a while in general...

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:17:28 »
I am so hyped for this set! I've never been following a keyset from this early in its life, does anyone have a guess how long we might be from a GB?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:42:07 »
I'm never a fan of novelties.  I think it's much better to extend compatibility.  These could use some more support for 40/45%.
keyboards.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 03:21:16 »
I am so hyped for this set! I've never been following a keyset from this early in its life, does anyone have a guess how long we might be from a GB?

I think we might see the GB happening this year. Still refining novelties and will go over compatibility for 40% and check what can be done there

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 07:34:42 »
Blizzcon is November 3rd.  ;D

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 13:23:26 »

I think we might see the GB happening this year. Still refining novelties and will go over compatibility for 40% and check what can be done there

Oh cool, that's sooner than I expected! Nice!

Can't wait to see the refined novelties and renders :D

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 23:02:10 »
*already imagining mixing the Arcane modifiers with the black/rush alphas from DSA Legacy

Offline Wongstongs

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 12:38:28 »
Count me in for an arcane if it gets a blue spacebar!

Offline Oblotzky

Keyboard renders added to first post! Go check em out  ;)

Novelties have been refined and should be ready for production, we'll have that confirmed by Melissa when the time comes.

The kit has been adjusted slightly, accent spacebars added, the windows 1.25u and 1.5u novelty keys are now mirrored for left and right and Return (text and novelty) have been added in regular modifier color to accommodate compact layouts such as 65% and 96key where arrows + return in accent color squished together looks a tad odd.

I'll have this kit priced out and then see if we can sneak in FJ (but not 5) in non-homing for alternate layouts, and possibly 40% support as well.

That's it for now!

Offline TelFiRE

Awesome update, thanks :D great to see these in renders! So excited! Really happy to see the green spacebar and more enter key choices! Thanks so much for your work, this is shaping up to be my favorite keyset!!!!

Offline ppp

• KappaKeepoKoopa
ooo get me on that plague hype trainer

Offline Niahi

I need Arcane in my life!!

Offline Yeols

when will its drop start?rt? 
shut up and take my money ;D

Offline HotRoderX

guessing just going to splurge and buy both. I mean this set vs Laser it be all about this set. I really hope this one meets MOQ when it goes live ugh!... so totally need it special plague.. but then arcane looks amazing also! I just take both.

Offline the pokemon kid

• Snorlax z z z
Is there going to be any UK-ISO support for this?

I would love to get the set but going ANSI is a no go...

Offline kconfire

Is GB going to take place anytime soon?
Wow, loving the colors.
[Collection] Monokei Kei SE, Realforce R2 TKL, Leopold FC660C
[Soon TM] Monokei Tomo SE, GSKT-00

Offline vinzlr

I'm definitely in for Plague, but only if it is not run by massdrop.

Offline HotRoderX

I would prefer it be run by massdrop my self that way MOQ is almost guaranteed but if I am not mistaken this sets already been said to be run outside of Massdrop.

Offline Oblotzky

I would prefer it be run by massdrop my self that way MOQ is almost guaranteed but if I am not mistaken this sets already been said to be run outside of Massdrop.

Correct, this set will not be run by Massdrop. Not that I'd have anything against that myself, but people seem to be hard on that so just letting everyone know sooner than later.

Offline vinzlr

Correct, this set will not be run by Massdrop. Not that I'd have anything against that myself, but people seem to be hard on that so just letting everyone know sooner than later.

Thanks, sorry if I missed it somewhere else! And sweet, can't wait, I'll probably end up getting both sets, Arcane for GF and plague for me!

Offline HotRoderX

Any idea what kinda price tag we are looking at on these? I want both sets so need to figure out a budget for both? Are DSA sets like GMK about 150-180 bucks each? Are we looking at something closer to like SA set of like 100

Offline TelFiRE

Any idea what kinda price tag we are looking at on these? I want both sets so need to figure out a budget for both? Are DSA sets like GMK about 150-180 bucks each? Are we looking at something closer to like SA set of like 100

Really not sure about this set in particular but generally DSA is a lot cheaper than GMK. I would guess 100 or so but who knows.

Offline Vloshko

I love them both. Personally, I'm an SA fan and would love to see these as SA, but I'd love it more to see them produced at all.
Keycap Compendium

Discord: Vloshko#1327

Key Cap Wishlist

2019: Configure Optimal Audio Settings

HHKB Pro 2, Model M, Unicorn X Legend, ESPECTRO 96, SaiB CP, E8-V1.