Author Topic: high sierra keyboard soft ware  (Read 5854 times)

Offline hotrattz

high sierra keyboard soft ware
« on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 13:13:51 »
so i'm sure there's a thread somewhere ?

what should i use for my leopold fc750 need to swap option/ command and be able to do some macros like cut copy paste and karabiner elements isn't all that great anymore what is everyone using ?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: high sierra keyboard soft ware
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 October 2017, 21:45:05 »
On Sierra (and previous versions) I just use System Preferences - Keyboard to swap the Cmd/Opt modifier keys around.  Need to do it once for each keyboard I plug in.

Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook) is the best keymapper for macOS I have heard of, but not needing macros I have never used it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tristinDLC

Re: high sierra keyboard soft ware
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 November 2017, 05:37:21 »
Karabiner (formerly KeyRemap4MacBook) is the best keymapper for macOS I have heard of, but not needing macros I have never used it.

For Mac, you want Karabiner Elements.

If you want to run macros, you can use KE to add rules via the Complex Modifications menus, which have some key combos already created and you can load them up from a GH repo. If your desired macro isn't there, then you want to use Automator to run an Applescript that has your actions programmed into it. You can then set that process up to run via assigning it to a hotkey in System Preferences.