Author Topic: [IC] Modern M0110  (Read 139262 times)

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Re: [IC] Modern M0110
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 16:36:02 »
Would be dope if there was a beige colorway like the original m0110.  Something powder coated maybe.

Similar to this:

THIS would be dope!

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 06 December 2017, 23:51:11 »
Just a quick question, would the USB cutout support both USB Mini and Type-C or only Mini? Since I saw that there is a USB-C version of the DZ60 and was debating whether I'd get the USB Mini or USB-C version of the PCB. Hoping to see updates on this soon.  ;D

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 08:50:35 »
Happy New Year. It's been a month since the last post. Any update on this case? Thanks.

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 01 January 2018, 15:19:45 »
I'm interested. +1

Offline emperact

« Reply #154 on: Tue, 02 January 2018, 19:02:13 »
I'm in! +1

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #155 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:11:16 »
Hi everyone!

It has been quite a while since we have updated on this project, sorry for that. Here are the current updates on the project.  :thumb:

Manufacturers

We have decided to keep the manufacturer of the first prototype. The proto had its issues, but those were mainly caused by bad instructions given by us. Apart from the bezel not being polished enough and the USB cutout being machined wrong the proto was quite nice, and feedback of people who saw the board at the NorCal meetup was overwhelmingly positive. We are now in talks again with the factory about getting revised cases before Chinese New Year. The factory has sent us this picture of a newly made top piece. It obviously lacks anodisation but shows the way better polishing compared to the first prototype.

Finishes

To best fit the stylish/vintage aesthetic of this board and keep the failure rate as low as possible we will be offering a set select finishes for the M0110. The current choices are the following:

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Feel free to suggest other options or changes, but consider this list final for now.

Vendors

John has decided to run the GB on his new site, deskcandy.xyz. David and Yuliia from Mykeyboard.eu will again provide proxying services to stop those high shipping costs and customs fees for my fellow Europeans. As for now, the plan is to keep it at 2 proxies since Europe and the US are the 2 main regions from which interest was shown, however with enough request more regions could be added to that list à la 9009.

Thank you all for the enormous support thus far, I can genuinely say that everyone working on this project is very excited to bring this board to your desk :).

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #156 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:15:36 »
Hi everyone!

It has been quite a while since we have updated on this project, sorry for that. Here are the current updates on the project.  :thumb:

Manufacturers

We have decided to keep the manufacturer of the first prototype. The proto had its issues, but those were mainly caused by bad instructions given by us. Apart from the bezel not being polished enough and the USB cutout being machined wrong the proto was quite nice, and feedback of people who saw the board at the NorCal meetup was overwhelmingly positive. We are now in talks again with the factory about getting revised cases before Chinese New Year. The factory has sent us this picture of a newly made top piece. It obviously lacks anodisation but shows the way better polishing compared to the first prototype.

Show Image

Finishes

To best fit the stylish/vintage aesthetic of this board and keep the failure rate as low as possible we will be offering a set select finishes for the M0110. The current choices are the following:

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Feel free to suggest other options or changes, but consider this list final for now.

Vendors

John has decided to run the GB on his new site, deskcandy.xyz. David and Yuliia from Mykeyboard.eu will again provide proxying services to stop those high shipping costs and customs fees for my fellow Europeans. As for now, the plan is to keep it at 2 proxies since Europe and the US are the 2 main regions from which interest was shown, however with enough request more regions could be added to that list à la 9009.

Thank you all for the enormous support thus far, I can genuinely say that everyone working on this project is very excited to bring this board to your desk :).

Just asking to not re-check the whole thread, is the GB still offering the HHKB verion only, or there will be the 60% top too (what i'm looking for)? 

Offline saucybulgogi

« Reply #157 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:22:13 »
yeeeessss glad to see this is still being worked on.

Definitely in for a cerakote beige one. maybe even a black.....

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:34:31 »
Hi everyone!

Manufacturers

Show Image

Finishes

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Vendors

Just asking to not re-check the whole thread, is the GB still offering the HHKB verion only, or there will be the 60% top too (what i'm looking for)?

To be honest, there has been close to no request for a normal 60% layout. The layout with blockers just is a lot more popular and the original M0110 obviously also had blockers. So no, as of now there are no plans to have a non blocked version.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:38:01 »
Hi everyone!

Manufacturers

Show Image

Finishes

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Vendors

To be honest, there has been close to no request for a normal 60% layout. The layout with blockers just is a lot more popular and the original M0110 obviously also had blockers. So no, as of now there are no plans to have a non blocked version.

I would say, it looks better with blockers (aesthetically speaking) but the standard 60% is still A LOT more popular.  Hope you change mind on this :D 

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:40:10 »
Hi everyone!

Manufacturers

Show Image

Finishes

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Vendors

I would say, it looks better with blockers (aesthetically speaking) but the standard 60% is still A LOT more popular.  Hope you change mind on this :D

Ooh I'm sure it is more widely used, but I don't think it's more popular when it comes to custom boards at all. The vast popularity of the Duck Viper over the Duck Eagle is a good example of this, they're the exact same board except for the fact that the Viper has blockers.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #161 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:44:40 »
Really excited to see the update. Hope there will be pictures of the final sample with different finishes/colors soon.

Is there any chance to have local proxy servicing for China? It will be much faster for us Chinese buyers to put our hands on the products if they're delivered locally.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:50:00 »
Hi everyone!

Manufacturers

Show Image

Finishes

• Anodised silver
  • Anodised space gray
  • Cerakoted beige
  • Cerakoated black

Vendors

Ooh I'm sure it is more widely used, but I don't think it's more popular when it comes to custom boards at all. The vast popularity of the Duck Viper over the Duck Eagle is a good example of this, they're the exact same board except for the fact that the Viper has blockers.

Yeah make sense, unfortunately :( 

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:01:27 »
Really excited to see the update. Hope there will be pictures of the final sample with different finishes/colors soon.

Is there any chance to have local proxy servicing for China? It will be much faster for us Chinese buyers to put our hands on the products if they're delivered locally.

If we were to go with an Asian proxy which one would you suggest?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:08:31 »
 I am happy to see this moving forward, and I am very pleased with the option of beige Cerakote . Hopefully I hope you can have a prototype finished in cerakote so that we can see how the seams and edges turn out. I cannot join this group by without seeing it first.  Thanks again for bringing this iconic look to us in beige  :thumb:

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #165 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:10:22 »
Yea I'd love to see the finished project for the Cerakote, and whilst on the subject - how much more expensive is that gonna be vs standard anodising?

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:24:04 »
Yea I'd love to see the finished project for the Cerakote, and whilst on the subject - how much more expensive is that gonna be vs standard anodising?

That we don't know yet. There also is a logistical issue with getting it cera'd locally but having proxies. Say we were to just use a shop in the US and someone from Europe orders a board with Cera, the board would need to go from China to the US to Europe. A solution we're currently looking into is getting the US orders finished in the US and EU orders finished in the EU. There is a shop that does cera very close to Mykeyboard.eu HQ but it's aimed at doing hobby stuff like grips of an airsoft gun and such, so I'm not sure how much of a reduction in cost a bulk order would be. Also if we do decide to get it done in different places we obviously will have to make sure that the result from both is the same. My Moon TKL got slightly damaged during shipment (I didn't get it from the GB) and I'm planning on getting it refinished in the local Cera shop to see what the quality is like :)

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #167 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 10:25:13 »
I am happy to see this moving forward, and I am very pleased with the option of beige Cerakote . Hopefully I hope you can have a prototype finished in cerakote so that we can see how the seams and edges turn out. I cannot join this group by without seeing it first.  Thanks again for bringing this iconic look to us in beige  :thumb:

John is getting an unfinished prototype so he can get it cerakoted so we can see what it's like :)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #168 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:15:31 »

Most uses zF because it's reliable in GBs.   

Otherwise you could checkout kbdfans, he never did proxies but might be a start :D   

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 11:15:53 »
Any plans to do the numpad?

Offline Troif

• Carpe Diem!!!
    • Daniel Ferrer
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 12:28:33 »
Woww! In for cerakoted beige.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
Filco TKL Ninja Blues / CODE Greens / Pok3r Clears / HHKBpro2 / RF 87U 55g / Novatouch TKL / KC60 Clears / SSK and also regular Model M

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #171 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 17:06:23 »
Any plans to do the numpad?

Yeah, this definitely needs a Modern M0120 to go with it...

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #172 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 18:51:42 »
Is there any plan to get production samples of the ceracoat? I would love to see what all of the options look like on this board before picking one

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:24:26 »

Zfrontier, in China. They run international GBs of keyboard kits/keysets and do the proxy servicing as well. Please let me know if you need help to talk to them.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:33:26 »

Zfrontier, in China. They run international GBs of keyboard kits/keysets and do the proxy servicing as well. Please let me know if you need help to talk to them.

Yeah, Zfrontier is pretty swell. Also, up until now, they've been offering free shipping for >$100 orders, i believe.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 20:35:43 »
Somehow I've never heard of "Cerakoated black" before, and searching for that term just gives me a bunch of gun photos? What's the color like?

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 09:35:24 »
Another +1 for the keyboard and any Asian / Australian proxy.
Space grey anodised would be pretty great.

Offline r4wromg

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:09:58 »
Somehow I've never heard of "Cerakoated black" before, and searching for that term just gives me a bunch of gun photos? What's the color like?

Cerakote is a durable ceramic coating typically applied to firearms. The color would be similar to the finish on the guns that show up in the search. IIRC, Cerakote offers a few different shades of black (Graphite black, Glacier black, Jet black, etc.) so the exact color/finish depends on what option is chosen.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #178 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:54:49 »
I'm in for beige cerakoted ! So vintage, love it :D

Offline sK0pe

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 12:20:03 »
On doing some searches for cerakote, I could wish for a grey cerakote considering it seems to also be more resilient than anodisation.

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #180 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 14:32:28 »
Is this generally available yet? if not then when?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 15:04:27 »

No, read this update. Likely after CNY things will pick up pace as they're getting new samples.

Hi everyone!

Offline gorauskas

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 15:12:17 »

No, read this update. Likely after CNY things will pick up pace as they're getting new samples.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for pointing that out!  Lots of activity here all of a sudden and I didn't get that far down.  ;)

Offline QobbAlt

« Reply #183 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 20:46:28 »
I'd love to see an engraved logo next to left shift :)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 21:17:39 »
Not sure how I didn't know about this, but yea, I'm interested. The cerakoted beige sounds interesting!

Offline adamcobabe

« Reply #185 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 10:28:36 »
No logo in bottom left for my tastes.

Offline Puree

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 16:59:04 »
 :thumb:

Offline chicagoboss25

• deskcandy.xyz | reddit.com/u/heroyjenkins
    • Desk Candy
« Reply #187 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 18:31:09 »

+1, that's what we were thinking too. Norbauer wrote something about how he originally had a logo on his cases and dropped it because we don't really need logos on our ultra high end keyboard cases :D

The new prototypes are ordered and should receive them in 1-2 weeks, once that happens will get pics and then hopefully cerakote one of them in a beige color to test that out.

« Reply #188 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 18:35:58 »
I really like the idea of having a logo, it feels more in spirit of it's inspiration and sets it apart from other Mac/HHKB lookalike 60s I see

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #189 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 20:12:29 »
I really like the idea of having a logo, it feels more in spirit of it's inspiration and sets it apart from other Mac/HHKB lookalike 60s I see

Agree with this. Something small, maybe like a spin off of the apple logo.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #190 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 20:54:19 »

+1, that's what we were thinking too. Norbauer wrote something about how he originally had a logo on his cases and dropped it because we don't really need logos on our ultra high end keyboard cases :D

The new prototypes are ordered and should receive them in 1-2 weeks, once that happens will get pics and then hopefully cerakote one of them in a beige color to test that out.

+1
Pls no logo.  It's hard to get it right.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #191 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 21:52:04 »

+1
Pls no logo.  It's hard to get it right.

Yeah, please NO LOGO!

That kills it for me.

No offense, but I love clean logo-less boards.

« Reply #192 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 22:18:21 »
Even just a small square empty recess or frame where the apple would go on the Aplle M0110, then I could put my own label or anything I wanted and still have it recessed. This isn't just another 60%, this is an homage to the original, and that logo is totally a part of the original. I hope that it is a very conscious decision if a nod that design element gets removed. My hope is that it will not in some form.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #193 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 23:59:28 »
Even just a small square empty recess or frame where the apple would go on the Aplle M0110, then I could put my own label or anything I wanted and still have it recessed. This isn't just another 60%, this is an homage to the original, and that logo is totally a part of the original. I hope that it is a very conscious decision if a nod that design element gets removed. My hope is that it will not in some form.

Yes, it's an homage... it doesn't have to be the same. It also has Modern in the name. It looks sooo much nicer without a logo. Maybe you could get your logo laser engraved? lol

Either way though, i much prefer the look without a logo.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 00:16:44 »
+1, it might be OK but a tasteless logo would completely ruin it for me.

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 01:45:16 »

Yes, it's an homage... it doesn't have to be the same. It also has Modern in the name. It looks sooo much nicer without a logo. Maybe you could get your logo laser engraved? lol

Either way though, i much prefer the look without a logo.

That's actually a pretty good Idea, Maybe I could pay extra for the creator to have it laser engraved and have a special edition case. I'll have to PM him down the road and see

Offline neralo

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 03:10:54 »
oh you had me at cerakoted beige. So in.

Also +1 for Asia/SEA proxy.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #197 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:00:58 »
Hey guys!

Another exciting update!

As you can see, the revised prototypes are fully machined. Bead blasting and anodising (just for one, other will be cerakoted ;) ) is probably happening as we speak. We are getting quotes and protos for the brass plates too!

This is getting really close to GB stage now. I will make sure that all needed logistical work is done ASAP so that we could launch the GB when the prototypes arrive and are evaluated!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #198 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:16:43 »
Hey guys!

Another exciting update!

Show Image

As you can see, the revised prototypes are fully machined. Bead blasting and anodising (just for one, other will be cerakoted ;) ) is probably happening as we speak. We are getting quotes and protos for the brass plates too!

This is getting really close to GB stage now. I will make sure that all needed logistical work is done ASAP so that we could launch the GB when the prototypes arrive and are evaluated!

You just made my Tuesday.  :p

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 08:49:12 »
Hey guys!

Another exciting update!

Show Image

Ooh =] Looking forward to seeing the cerakoting!