Author Topic: [IC] Modern M0110  (Read 139744 times)

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Re: [IC] Modern M0110
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 16:49:45 »
Hey guys!

Small update:

First of all, I'm super proud to show you the packaging for M0110!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

We really value a nice unboxing experience, so going for a brown cardboard box with the components wrapped in a bubble wrap was a definite no for us! Designed by Garrett from Dixiemech, this packaging further extends M0110's vintage theme by following the aesthetic of the 1984 Macintosh packaging :) As you can see the foam inserts for this are also custom made, meaning that your boards will arrive at your home without any shipping damage!! :thumb: Just like the cases these will be 100% US made!!

Speaking of the cases, the manufacturer is working on producing the prototype as we speak! I'm really exciting to see how that turns out, since if it's all good it really is the final step in getting this GB up!! FYI the 300USD for a anodized M0110 with brass plate and 350 for a CeraKoted M0110 with brass plates we announced earlier will most likely be the final pricing ;)

Thank you for all the support, I'm super happy with how this is turning out. I can genuinely say we have taken no compromises to make this (US manufacturing, Cerakoting, top notch anodizing, custom packaging, ...) :D

:thumb: super nice looking box! Can't wait to see the prototype!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #401 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 17:10:26 »
Hey guys!

Small update:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

We really value a nice unboxing experience, so going for a brown cardboard box with the components wrapped in a bubble wrap was a definite no for us! Designed by Garrett from Dixiemech, this packaging further extends M0110's vintage theme by following the aesthetic of the 1984 Macintosh packaging :) As you can see the foam inserts for this are also custom made, meaning that your boards will arrive at your home without any shipping damage!! :thumb: Just like the cases these will be 100% US made!!

Speaking of the cases, the manufacturer is working on producing the prototype as we speak! I'm really exciting to see how that turns out, since if it's all good it really is the final step in getting this GB up!! FYI the 300USD for a anodized M0110 with brass plate and 350 for a CeraKoted M0110 with brass plates we announced earlier will most likely be the final pricing ;)

Thank you for all the support, I'm super happy with how this is turning out. I can genuinely say we have taken no compromises to make this (US manufacturing, Cerakoting, top notch anodizing, custom packaging, ...) :D

I'm so excited :D I've got my money waiting for you!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #402 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 18:43:20 »
That packaging is so nice.  At least it is something we can keep unlike some plain brown box that we'll toss in the recycle bin.   :p

Looking forward to seeing the prototype.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #403 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 18:47:57 »
Hey guys!

Small update:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Renders for box... that's damn good!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #404 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 21:08:27 »
Hey guys!

Small update:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Lovely packaging... I want it solely for that.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #405 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 06:16:08 »
Will the board fit back in the box with switches and keycaps installed?
I'd totally rock that box to transport it to meetups and such.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #406 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 13:22:33 »
Will the board fit back in the box with switches and keycaps installed?
I'd totally rock that box to transport it to meetups and such.

I'm gonna assume it'll also have a top layer of foam so if you cut the top layer to size, it should be able to.

Offline mago

« Reply #407 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 13:52:37 »
Packaging looks awesome :thumb:

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #408 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 16:52:00 »
Wow this is amazing! I'm very much considering this with an Orange Alps build and original AEK keycaps
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #409 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 14:56:38 »

A render of the black cerakote version that I thought I would share with you guys  :thumb:

We're also considering adding Stormtrooper White and Purple options. A picture of the tint of purple is below, we have ordered samples to confirm but it seems like this would be a great match with GMK Laser, Hyperfuse, ...  ;D Would anyone be down with this? If so make a comment saying which you would want since we're not sure if there's enough demand for us to add this option :)

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:04:15 »
Purple is on a huge high right now but going back to a request I made in like... page 2 or something, I'd actually like a neon pink instead. Though purple does go with more of the newer sets like you said, I think Laser would look much nicer on pink.

Stormtrooper white would be great, though I'm not certain how well it'd sell considering beige is relatively similar and such an obvious choice for this particular project.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #411 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:07:10 »
Second neon pink

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #412 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:44:16 »
Purple is on a huge high right now but going back to a request I made in like... page 2 or something, I'd actually like a neon pink instead. Though purple does go with more of the newer sets like you said, I think Laser would look much nicer on pink.

Stormtrooper white would be great, though I'm not certain how well it'd sell considering beige is relatively similar and such an obvious choice for this particular project.

The idea with the Stormtrooper White is that you can combine it with a BoW set to create a very clean board, not many GBs offer a true white colour (even MAO is almost always a tad grey or warm).

About that pink tho, I think we might have a perfect match for Lazer, what do you guys think of this instead of the purple?

Like on the bottom board

Offline Valaris

« Reply #413 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:55:47 »
Between those two I'd be much more likely to go with purple, simply because it's a bit more versatile than neon pink, though the latter looks quite nice.

[IC] Modern M0110
« Reply #414 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 15:58:06 »

The idea with the Stormtrooper White is that you can combine it with a BoW set to create a very clean board, not many GBs offer a true white colour (even MAO is almost always a tad grey or warm).

About that pink tho, I think we might have a perfect match for Lazer, what do you guys think of this instead of the purple?

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

This project is already my ultimate end game but that pink might make my head explode with how perfect it is.

Please PLEASE make this an option, even if it's a smaller run or more expensive.
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:03:54 by el-Chapino-del-Pepino »

Offline SBN

« Reply #415 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:02:11 »
Neon pink sounds tempting! If it’s offered I probably have a hard time staying with beige as my choice... :D

Offline johuu

« Reply #416 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:07:49 »
Neon pink sounds tempting! If it’s offered I probably have a hard time staying with beige as my choice... :D

Go out of my head ;D

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #417 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:08:10 »

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

Stormtrooper white is an awesome colour and your point is entirely fair, I definitely agree least to an extent. It's different enough that I think it could easily hold its own depending on how many overall units are sold.

Regarding the pink - absolutely. It looks slightly darker than Norbauer's Venice Beach (which is what the render you linked is based on, I believe), looks like it'd go great with Laser. I'm not a fan of matching the case to the dominant colour of the set, hence why I think it'd be a much better match than a slightly approximated purple. I'd be 100% down for that, and I think it's nice to have a "fun" colour, even for a conservative/oldschool design such as this one.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #418 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:20:13 »

Pink pls :thumb:

Offline janglad

• * Vendor
  • qoda.studio
    • Clavier.xyz
« Reply #419 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:52:11 »
Hmmmmmm

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #420 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:53:24 »

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

The satin metallic berry color is excellent.  I like the purple above too, because it’s more blue-shifted, but the warm magenta-“pink” is great.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #421 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:00:16 »

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

The satin metallic berry color is excellent.  I like the purple above too, because it’s more blue-shifted, but the warm magenta-“pink” is great.

agree
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #422 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:05:57 »
I like the pink better still for the same reasons stated above - I think too much of a harmonious look takes a bit away from the distinctive look of the set but the purple is actually really nice too, honestly.

Offline Valaris

« Reply #423 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:26:27 »
https://i.imgur.com/5w1sgQq.png

**** that purple case is amazing, it would be a definite buy for me.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #424 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:01:37 »
Show Image

A render of the black cerakote version that I thought I would share with you guys  :thumb:

We're also considering adding Stormtrooper White and Purple options. A picture of the tint of purple is below, we have ordered samples to confirm but it seems like this would be a great match with GMK Laser, Hyperfuse, ...  ;D Would anyone be down with this? If so make a comment saying which you would want since we're not sure if there's enough demand for us to add this option :)

Show Image

Ugh, that black looks fanaztik! It'll be a hard decision between that and white...

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #425 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:11:14 »
So I'm gonna be that guy... In my humble opinion flashy colors like these make zero sense on this keyboard. It has a vintage look and feel to it and colors this bright doesn't fit that picture for me. But, I'm sure others have a different opinion and want nothing more than a purple or pink case :)

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:13:33 »
So I'm gonna be that guy... In my humble opinion flashy colors like these make zero sense on this keyboard. It has a vintage look and feel to it and colors this bright doesn't fit that picture for me. But, I'm sure others have a different opinion and want nothing more than a purple or pink case :)

I understand your perspective. I really like the idea of pink because I want to see it. I will get silver of vintage beige for sure, but I want to see the neon pink ones, and as long as it doesn't raise the price I say go for it! I will wow all my friends with my modern vintage beige apple keyboard, and upvote all of the sexy pink ones I see on r/mk

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #427 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:14:41 »

I can see the appeal. By adding the "modern" touch on this classic, you can add some flair that wouldn't have been a sensible decision back then. Not for me though.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #428 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:44:44 »

I can definitely see this keyboard looking snazzy in non-metallic muted vintage pastel colors.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #429 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 19:16:02 »

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

I think the Norbaforce has a similiar pink color, Norbauer named it "totally-not-messing-around hot pink" 😆

Could look good. That said, with GMK Olivia being so well-received, have you considered rose gold? That would be a more subtly feminine color.

« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 19:22:04 by nguyenhimself »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #430 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 19:16:48 »

NoFunAllowed.gif

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #431 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 20:30:29 »
Hmmmmmm

Show Image

I would buy this, but this is better color for sure:

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #432 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:33:59 »

I agree with this. Personal opinion.
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #433 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 16:31:18 »

I agree with this. Personal opinion.

I also agree with this. I also agree with another poster above though who said that no harm no foul I don't think everyone should think the same way.

I don't think adding more anodizing/cerakoting options should up the cost for others much so have your fun :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline Brannan

« Reply #434 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 21:50:33 »
Wow pricing is supreme!

Offline Dumblescore

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 22:26:32 »
I would love to see a render with the stormtrooper white!  I'm a huge fan of the space grey -looking color but white would probably be my second choice if it were an option

Offline schmoktopus

« Reply #436 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 10:27:44 »
Do you already know which type of USB you are going to use? I'm about to join the coil cables GB by Donut Cables which perfectly match the case. Just want to make sure I get the right connector on that one.

[IC] Modern M0110
« Reply #437 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 10:44:55 »
Hmmmmmm

Show Image

Show Image

I am a huge proponent of a pink case, but I think of these two options the purple/blue color looks far superior and the pink looks dusty and unenthusiastic.

If these were options I probably wouldn't buy either and stick to the silver ano or beige Cera. That being said I'd still LOVE to see a brighter, hotter pink more on-line with Miami and Norbauer's colorway.

« Reply #438 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 13:40:42 »
Didn't RAMA just run a purple version of the M65-A? Though I know Exent has a pink varient. Both look amazing. Though I would be surprised if either Pink or Purple in this would make MOQ I would like to see either. I would choose pink personally, if I were to get a second after silver or cerabeige

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #439 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 14:57:25 »
Didn't RAMA just run a purple version of the M65-A? Though I know Exent has a pink varient. Both look amazing. Though I would be surprised if either Pink or Purple in this would make MOQ I would like to see either. I would choose pink personally, if I were to get a second after silver or cerabeige

Indeed a lilac m65-a was sold, I have one :D ! My Budapest SA finally find a home!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #440 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 16:02:44 »

Show Image

Like on the bottom board

Show Image

Which pink is that? Sig Pink?

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #441 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 01:06:23 »
Interested. Will buy.

Personally I prefer the "smoke" gray color in the renderings on:
https://www.deskcandy.xyz/modern-m0110/

Would also like to see colors based on Apple platinum/neutral gray, of the snow white design era aesthetic.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White_design_language

Not interested in pink at all for this case, being a very retro concept.

In prototype testing, please consider some kind of a minimal chamfer on edges, instead of extremely sharp 90 degree corners. Also consider machining some kind of hold for easier racking, with the assistance of the anodizer, if this is warranted. Otherwise the anodizer will just do it however they feel like, and it may present a quality control problem.

Offline ggZyg

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 18:57:34 »
Pls I can’t wait

Offline bmk_

« Reply #443 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 21:42:23 »
Excited for this project. The renders so far look great! Can't wait for proto pictures!

Will this project come with a plate?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:20:19 by bmk_ »

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 09:36:17 »
I am interested in this case.

When aprox. could we buy it?

thanks

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #445 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:20:49 »
Excited for this project. The renders so far look great! Can't wait for proto pictures!

The plate is integrated to the top part of the case.

thanks

Not involved with the project but I'm hoping the end of this month or early next month.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #446 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 17:33:55 »

thanks

Not involved with the project but I'm hoping the end of this month or early next month.

Unless something has change this is Top Mount, not an integrated plate, you are thinking of the M60-a.

This is from the OP:

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #447 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 17:55:05 »

thanks

Unless something has change this is Top Mount, not an integrated plate, you are thinking of the M60-a.

This is from the OP:

Show Image

Oh, I thought they were the same thing. My bad.

Can you explain the difference to me?

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #448 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 19:14:21 »
Integrated plate is when the plate is built into the top piece of the case essentially making the top piece and plate all one piece. Top mounting however is when the top piece and plate are two seperate pieces where the plate is attached to the top piece usually by screws to hold them together.

Examples of both include the tokyo60 and rama m60a for integrated and for top mount we have the m65, tx60, and the Modern M0110 just to name a few.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #449 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 19:23:51 »
Integrated plate is when the plate is built into the top piece of the case essentially making the top piece and plate all one piece. Top mounting however is when the top piece and plate are two seperate pieces where the plate is attached to the top piece usually by screws to hold them together.

Examples of both include the tokyo60 and rama m60a for integrated and for top mount we have the m65, tx60, and the Modern M0110 just to name a few.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the explanation!