Author Topic: [IC] GMK Taro (Tentative GB Date: 1/26/18)  (Read 36996 times)

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
Re: [IC] GMK Taro
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 03:30:11 »
Really awesome looking set. Will be my first time ordering a set, how can I get ready to order one once it comes out?

Follow this IC and you'll see when it goes to the group buy stage. Also, save up about $150 or so.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 06:20:36 »
Really awesome looking set. Will be my first time ordering a set, how can I get ready to order one once it comes out?
Don't forget your patience at home or elsewhere. Group buys can have delays as well. But GMK has shown promising results time and time again, and I believe in the proxies that the OP will pick.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline pwade3

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 08:16:29 »

As lightning said, patience is a big key for a first timer, sometimes things aren't as fast as we may like, but I'm a firm believer in taking time to get things right rather than shipping out a set that people won't be happy with. But as he also indicated, GMK is a proven and reliable vendor, putting out quality stuff time and time again.

But really the only other preparation you need is to make sure you've got the money on hand for when the GB goes live.

As far as preparation goes, that's pretty much it. However, if you're really excited, tell people! Word of mouth is a big thing for group buys at this level, and we're gonna need it to hit 250 MoQ. (Minimum order quantity, since you're new ;) )

When?

Not 100% sure yet, right now we're looking around the end of the month, trying to be mindful of other buys that may be happening so as to ensure plenty of people have the money available when we go live.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 10:36:16 »
As far as preparation goes, that's pretty much it. However, if you're really excited, tell people! Word of mouth is a big thing for group buys at this level, and we're gonna need it to hit 250 MoQ. (Minimum order quantity, since you're new ;) )

Maybe someone could make one of those sig pictures that links to the IC?

Offline le_wraith

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 16:45:52 »
Def in for this ****.  :cool:

Offline rore256

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 23:15:14 »
Don't forget your patience at home or elsewhere. Group buys can have delays as well. But GMK has shown promising results time and time again, and I believe in the proxies that the OP will pick.

What's a proxy in this scenario?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 23:24:12 »

What's a proxy in this scenario?

A proxy in this situation is a vendor that we work with to make the set more easily available in non-US countries. E.g. an EU proxy, Chinese proxy, etc. depending on who we can find interested in making the set available.

The note about lightning having faith in us choosing appropriate proxies is that due to the nature of them being responsible for shipping for those countries, it represents another theoretical point of failure if chosen poorly.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:47:54 »
I'm a little biased but I'm a huge fan of this set. We are lining up quality proxies, pwade3 has been crushing it as far as community cooperation with the colorway, and GMK has been absolutely amazing as far as communication is concerned.

I am humbled that pwade3 has asked me to help make this set a reality. I'll be working diligently with him to ensure this set makes it to the finish line, and everyone is ecstatic with the results.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 09:55:32 »
I'm a little biased but I'm a huge fan of this set. We are lining up quality proxies, pwade3 has been crushing it as far as community cooperation with the colorway, and GMK has been absolutely amazing as far as communication is concerned.

Show Image

I am humbled that pwade3 has asked me to help make this set a reality. I'll be working diligently with him to ensure this set makes it to the finish line, and everyone is ecstatic with the results.
Let's see the dank Panc logo on that GMK sleeve!

Offline Bi0

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 January 2018, 12:37:14 »
 /interested

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 01:29:55 »

Show Image

Let's see the dank Panc logo on that GMK sleeve!

Those spiffy renders don't deserve to be desecrated with my boring logo. They are best left unmarked :thumb:

Offline pwade3

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 08:23:34 »
Hey everyone, just wanted to touch base this morning to let you guys know we've requested updated pricing/renders from GMK for a few things:

• Add 2x 1.25u blanks to the spacebar kit
  • Add a 1u R3 'Hack' key to base (for full C70 support, among other uses)
  • A few non-price-influencing tweaks to make our GMK renders in line with the non-GMK ones

Also, proxy talks are shaping up well so far, things are looking quite promising, but gotta iron out all the details before we can announce them officially.

Also also, a few fun things are underway to tie in to GMK Taro, again gotta iron out details, but believe me when I say it's worth getting excited about!

Thank you all so much for your feedback and expressing interest so far.  ;D

P.s. We've also got some more renders, these ones by Zambumon! We'll be trickling these out to hopefully keep you folks interested  ;)

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 08:25:29 »
Hey everyone, just wanted to touch base this morning to let you guys know we've requested updated pricing/renders from GMK for a few things:

• A few non-price-influencing tweaks to make our GMK renders in line with the non-GMK ones

Also, proxy talks are shaping up well so far, things are looking quite promising, but gotta iron out all the details before we can announce them officially.

Also also, a few fun things are underway to tie in to GMK Taro, again gotta iron out details, but believe me when I say it's worth getting excited about!

P.s. We've also got some more renders, these ones by Zambumon! We'll be trickling these out to hopefully keep you folks interested  ;)

Man that's dope.   

I actually would like a slightly lighter purple on the modifiers, literally a dark eggplant (not a mix of brown and purple) but will be in anyway, sooo NICE!   

e.g. something like this or even darker, Cyan legends are my dream as well   
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 January 2018, 08:31:00 by KaosJ »

Offline pwade3

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 08:39:25 »

Man that's dope.   

I actually would like a slightly lighter purple on the modifiers, literally a dark eggplant (not a mix of brown and purple) but will be in anyway, sooo NICE!   

Show Image

I don't foresee me tweaking the mod purple too much, I think it's just gonna be a matter of working with GMK to get the colors in line with my vision.

As far as cyan legends, I like it (I love cyan), but I think it's kind of branching too far from the overall "theme", if that makes sense?

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 09:02:36 »

Man that's dope.   

Show Image

Omg I LOVE that!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 09:38:05 »

Man that's dope.   

Show Image

I don't foresee me tweaking the mod purple too much, I think it's just gonna be a matter of working with GMK to get the colors in line with my vision.

As far as cyan legends, I like it (I love cyan), but I think it's kind of branching too far from the overall "theme", if that makes sense?

Well rendering them should be fast (talking about the cyan legends), you might try and see how it will look :D  I would like Cyan legends! (still in the initial theme imho)

Offline Rumblehotep

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 11:23:40 »
Taro mods + Ocean Dolch alphas = GMK Skeletor Knights?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 13:54:03 »
Are the alpha legends the same dark purple as the mods or are they black/grey?

Offline pwade3

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 13:55:48 »

Same dark purple!

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 14:24:18 »

Hooray! I usually just use a 1.25 from elsewhere in a kit (like a novelty or "code"), but this is a great option to have!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 14:57:03 »

Same dark purple!

Cool, I couldn't quite tell on the pictures. This set looks amazing man, really great work. I'm in fo sho.

Offline RoostyPls

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 15:56:06 »
Interested

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 05 January 2018, 18:50:35 »
Taro mods + Ocean Dolch alphas = GMK Skeletor Knights?

Skeletor mods + Taro alphas = GMK Bubble Skull?

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 05:47:50 »
This set definitely has my interest, if my monies are right and all the stars align going into GB I’d be down for it! Great job  :thumb:

Offline braidn

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 07:45:47 »
Love everything about this set. It should pair well with Skeletor and Hyperfuse sets, the setup seems amazing and the renders are spot on. Definitely a possibility for early 2018

Offline ctzn_voyager

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 08:21:28 »
Interested.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 11:44:45 »
Gon' be lit!

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 12:08:22 »
Gon' be lit!

Show Image

Yeee boiiii
Not a fan of yellow but these cyan arrows are just gucci

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 06 January 2018, 17:59:44 »
Love it. Cyan accent is perfect. I don't like the yellow accent. Compatible looks great. Price is Right. I agree with what Huey from top clack said about the backspace arrow key also needs the text. It looks a bit odd without it

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline pwade3

« Reply #79 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 01:02:14 »
Love it. Cyan accent is perfect. I don't like the yellow accent. Compatible looks great. Price is Right. I agree with what Huey from top clack said about the backspace arrow key also needs the text. It looks a bit odd without it

So basically, this is kind of a personal preference.

GMK offers a few different HHKB backspace options:

• line arrow as shown in this set (and others like personal favorite Sky Dolch)
  • "Back Space" which goes on two lines which I'm not partial to the looks of
  • "Delete" which is functionally inaccurate
  • the boxy arrow present in Hyperfuse and other sets, which is a legend I just have no personal fondness for, to say the least.

So while I can sympathize with those who think that a text legend aligns better with the rest of the set, I'm just not partial to the text legends available.

Not that I don't appreciate the thoughts by any means, but this is one thing I just don't see myself changing, I hope my explanation was thorough enough!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 02:15:38 »

So basically, this is kind of a personal preference.

GMK offers a few different HHKB backspace options:

• line arrow as shown in this set (and others like personal favorite Sky Dolch)
  • "Back Space" which goes on two lines which I'm not partial to the looks of
  • "Delete" which is functionally inaccurate
  • the boxy arrow present in Hyperfuse and other sets, which is a legend I just have no personal fondness for, to say the least.

So while I can sympathize with those who think that a text legend aligns better with the rest of the set, I'm just not partial to the text legends available.

Not that I don't appreciate the thoughts by any means, but this is one thing I just don't see myself changing, I hope my explanation was thorough enough!

Laser has a single line "Backspace" r2 key. So it should exist by the time this is produced if it doesn't already. That said I have no intention of ever using split BS, so I don't care in the slightest about this choice.

Offline poolside

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 04:40:31 »
Gon' be lit!

Show Image

These yellow accents add a nice pop to the set  :cool:
They are not as bright in the keyset mockup and the other renders though, and therefore look better to me.

Offline jb1830

• @jonboulton
    • 1upkeyboards.com
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 19:04:09 »
Definitely keeping my eye out for this GB. Great looking set.

IBM Model M            Fjell 002           Klippe            KC60           Planck

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 19:07:28 »
Laser has a single line "Backspace" r2 key. So it should exist by the time this is produced if it doesn't already. That said I have no intention of ever using split BS, so I don't care in the slightest about this choice.

This, I think I even saw it already in live somewhere but I don't recall on what set.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 07 January 2018, 19:33:50 »
Gon' be lit!

Show Image

Yellow makes it pop man.

Thought I could resist but that render got me <3

Offline pwade3

Re: [IC] GMK Taro (Tentative GB Date: 1/26/18)
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 11:59:38 »
Got some news added to the OP and brushed up the formatting a little bit.  :D

Offline Bunny

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 16:10:34 »
This looks wonderful. I'm an admirer of purple sets, this tickles my fancy.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 16:25:21 »
Are there any sample keys from this set?  Just curious how well the result is going to track with the renders.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline pwade3

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 16:32:17 »
Are there any sample keys from this set?  Just curious how well the result is going to track with the renders.

The way GMK works, you unfortunately don't get any color samples until after payment is made.

It's an unfortunate nature of the beast, but I will be doing my best to make sure that the colors are satisfactory when that time comes.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 16:35:34 »
Thanks!
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline MMKB

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 19:30:59 »

The way GMK works, you unfortunately don't get any color samples until after payment is made.

It's an unfortunate nature of the beast, but I will be doing my best to make sure that the colors are satisfactory when that time comes.

If you also think that Taro looks best when it's not over saturated, we should inspect samples before production. IMO Plum could turn out even better if it's more muted.

Offline pwade3

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 19:33:38 »

If you also think that Taro looks best when it's not over saturated, we should inspect samples before production. IMO Plum could turn out even better if it's more muted.

Yes that's what I was getting at, there will be thorough inspection of the samples pre-production.

Offline soveryscary

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 19:47:34 »
The set is so pretty! I really like the colors. Excited to see what Keyforge does with the colors!
All the lights went out

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 19:53:43 »

Ehhh, i hope they don't make the colors muted. Then it would just be GMK Easter. I really like the more saturated colors personally.

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #94 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 21:17:33 »
That looks very nice.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 22:05:02 »

FWIW The yellow and cyan are both colors used in GMK Skeletor. I think they are great additions and are nice and vivid!

Ehhh, i hope they don't make the colors muted. Then it would just be GMK Easter. I really like the more saturated colors personally.

The colors here (TU2 and CV) are present in Skeletor, among other sets. I know I'm biased, but I think they will be nice and vivid, and a great compliment to the custom purples!
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 January 2018, 22:15:55 by AlexAtPanc »

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 22:35:49 »
Renders are making me want the set even more now! Purple goodness for everyone!  :D

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:04:37 »
Renders are making me want the set even more now! Purple goodness for everyone!  :D

Purp for the masses!

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 08 January 2018, 23:48:52 »
This looks wonderful. I'm an admirer of purple sets, this tickles my fancy.

+1 bro

Offline tragedyfoundus

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 11:10:20 »
My wallet is begging me to stop but I just can't. I thought I was just buying GMK Camping but now I have to get this. Especially if it means if I have a chance to win a keycap from GAF!