Author Topic: Hi! I'm Emily  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Emily

Hi! I'm Emily
« on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 09:01:15 »
Hi!
I'm sorta new to the mechanical/custom keyboard world, but a long time keyboard user.  After a long period of being burnt out or recovering from it, I decided it was time to pick up a new hobby. Since I'm a programmer I decided to look more into keyboards and suddenly found myself having ordered like...8 kits? So this is a little bit of what I've been up to over the Christmas period! I've been playing around with some QMK modifications to get the features I want.

In order that I got them:

Varmilo VA68M Top: MX Brown standard w/ while LEDs. Bottom: MX Brown custom w/ blue & purple LEDs. (After getting into more customization and QMK I might flip the custom board (don't like Reds after all) and hand-wire the MX brown board for funsies.)
186984-0

Vortex Core (MX Brown) & Sweet16 (Zealios 65g, custom Neopixel underglow) macro pad with DSA Honeywell
186976-1

Mechmini v2 w/ Zealios 65g staggered blue/pink LEDs.
186978-2

Minivan w/ Zealios 65g DSA Hana & Blue LEDs.
186980-3

DZ60 w/ Zealios 68g DSA Graphite & custom layout
186982-4

Currently working on an Iris build for my significant other, custom cut opaque plates for extra light show fun. May post pictures when its done. I'm very much in love with some of the retro looks, and while I have put LEDs in all my boards, I mostly do that for fun. While I have had a preference for DSA I am not hunting for some cool SA sets, high on my wish list if SA Godspeed & SA Space Cadet.

Offline Findecanor

Re: Hi! I'm Emily
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 January 2018, 12:29:25 »
Hej på dig! There are quite a few Swedes around here.
Not a bad collection.

Offline Hashiba

• All your keebs are belong to us
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 14:38:44 »
Hello Emily!, that's an impressive start! are those GMK 80's kid on the Mechmini? (I was thinking about combining a GMK Demonic + GMK Ocean Dolch to achieve a similar look on a full Ducky)
Tokyo 60. Ducky One 2. Magicforce68. GMK LASER. GMK WoB. XDA Canvas

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 24 January 2018, 15:22:56 »
Welcome Emily! And wow, you leapt out the gates with a more robust collection than I may ever have! You'll fit in well around here  :thumb:

Offline Emily

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:39:10 »
Hello Emily!, that's an impressive start! are those GMK 80's kid on the Mechmini?

Yup! :)

Welcome Emily! And wow, you leapt out the gates with a more robust collection than I may ever have! You'll fit in well around here  :thumb: