Author Topic: [GB] GMK Taro (Shipped!)  (Read 133759 times)

Offline arsenic

Re: [GB] GMK Taro (Sets INCOMING)
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 11:21:06 »
When I ordered taro, I figured I’d be pairing it with my silver ca66, but now I’ve got an s7 elephant coming in purple so I’m hoping it’ll match that giant bezeled beast and I can go full purple monstrosity  :thumb:

« Reply #351 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 11:37:51 »
Purple Zephyr

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 11:40:56 »
M60-A (moon)! and/or my gray tokyo60

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #353 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 10:58:23 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #354 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 11:02:30 »
Might look good on the upcoming Biscotti board too:
202690-0

Here's the tread https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90194.0

Someone needs to send him a purple alpha cap to see if it's a perfect match!  Make it so!
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 August 2018, 11:05:19 by pixelpusher »

« Reply #355 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 12:36:49 »

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #356 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 15:17:46 »
Hello folks!

Some quick-hit updates:

- GMK Taro sets are with the shipping company and will be delivered next week on Friday (9/7) at the latest. I'm trying to get the date moved up, but trying to work on a Wednesday appointment since that day seems reliably dry for my location.
- T-shirts are coming in the mail as well!
- Non-CONUS customers will be getting updated shipping invoice info soon. Sorry for the delay, I've been crushed with other responsibilities.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know!
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2018, 15:19:29 by AlexAtPanc »

Offline thefrencharmy

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 15:33:47 »
Just curious why is Taro taking so long compared to some of the other sets that had their GBs much later?

I'm thinking of Violet Tendencies as the prime example, since that GB happened ~3 months after Taro did

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #358 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 15:48:40 »
Just curious why is Taro taking so long compared to some of the other sets that had their GBs much later?

I'm thinking of Violet Tendencies as the prime example, since that GB happened ~3 months after Taro did
Violet Tendencies did not have custom colors

Offline gridds

« Reply #359 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 18:02:46 »
If I could do it all over I'd go with taro over violet, the wait will be worth it.

Offline outsider

« Reply #360 on: Fri, 31 August 2018, 20:01:49 »
If I could do it all over I'd go with taro over violet, the wait will be worth it.

It's a good time to like purple. I couldn't purchase both but I agree, I bet on Taro and I am happy with my decision.

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #361 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:32:42 »
Hello folks!

Some quick-hit updates:

- GMK Taro sets are with the shipping company and will be delivered next week on Friday (9/7) at the latest. I'm trying to get the date moved up, but trying to work on a Wednesday appointment since that day seems reliably dry for my location.
- T-shirts are coming in the mail as well!
- Non-CONUS customers will be getting updated shipping invoice info soon. Sorry for the delay, I've been crushed with other responsibilities.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let me know!

Thanks for the update, Alex!
Really looking forward to get this in my hand  ;D

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #362 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:24:51 »
I checked the PayPal invoice, but it is currently cancelled(Additional amount for international shipping)

Do you send the invoice again?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #363 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:41:49 »
I checked the PayPal invoice, but it is currently cancelled(Additional amount for international shipping)

Lee Jeong,

I did re-send the corrected international shipping invoice about five minutes after sending the cancellation. If you don't see it, drop me a PM and we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks!

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #364 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:45:52 »

Lee Jeong,

I did re-send the corrected international shipping invoice about five minutes after sending the cancellation. If you don't see it, drop me a PM and we can get to the bottom of it. Thanks!

Payment!
When can I get taro?

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #365 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:48:41 »

Lee Jeong,

Payment!
When can I get taro?

I haven't received the shipment yet, but as soon as I can get it out!

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 21:02:24 »

Lee Jeong,

Payment!
When can I get taro?

I haven't received the shipment yet, but as soon as I can get it out!
Alex, did the invoicing for int'l shipping start? I haven't got mine yet so I'm asking  just to check.

나의 SM-G950N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Offline Hamel

• KBDLAB
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 21:37:50 »
Alex, thanks for the blazing fast respose:
literally received invoice from your within 10 minute after replying your PM. :)

Well it's been paid so holefully only thing left is waiting!

Will we be notified with tracking when the shipping takes place?

Offline johntron25

« Reply #368 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 14:07:14 »
Super excited for the set and shirt!

Offline ayamterbang

« Reply #369 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 02:46:24 »
Hi Guys,
anyone interested in replacing my slot?

I haven't paid to alex for the additional invoice for shipment outside CONUS.
I just lost my cellphone and wallet oversea and couldn't make any payment to him until I'm back to home country.

My set comes with:
Base kit
Spacebar kit
Novelties Kit
and T-shirt size M Mens (I'll consider as bonus)

Feel free to PM me if interested,
I have emailed alex but he hasn't respond to my e-mail.
Could be busy making arrangement related to this GB.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 September 2018, 03:10:13 by ayamterbang »

Offline umalip

« Reply #370 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:54:00 »
Hi Guys,

I just lost my cellphone and wallet oversea and couldn't make any payment to him until I'm back to home country.

My set comes with:
Base kit
Spacebar kit
Novelties Kit

Hopefully you're right!  I can't wait for my set to arrive.

Offline whitty

• Formerly dsw_408
« Reply #371 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:07:01 »
Hi Guys,

My set comes with:
Base kit
Spacebar kit
Novelties Kit

Pmed you

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #372 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:44:24 »
Looking to pick up a set if anyone is interested in selling.

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #373 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:45:08 »
If anyone is looking to sell their sets, I'm happy to pay a premium to make it easier to make the decision :)

Offline Max_P0

« Reply #374 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 00:48:08 »
If anyone is looking to sell their sets, I'm happy to pay a premium to make it easier to make the decision :)

You have my attention. We had a baby and her expenses are making my hobbies take a back seat.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #375 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 06:00:09 »

I'm going to have a fair amount of extras for sale on my site when they get shipped out.

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #376 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 09:55:11 »
Yet to receive an invoice for the shipping. Could you check please?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #377 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 10:37:48 »

I'm going to have a fair amount of extras for sale on my site when they get shipped out.

Mike, the man.  Thanks.  I don't know that I've seen a set that looked so much like the renders. I honestly thought it would turn out like violet tendencies did.  But this set is a beauty.  Rough ETA for when they will be up for sale?  Week? Month?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #378 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 11:10:02 »

Mike, the man.  Thanks.  I don't know that I've seen a set that looked so much like the renders. I honestly thought it would turn out like violet tendencies did.  But this set is a beauty.  Rough ETA for when they will be up for sale?  Week? Month?

We will go live with them as soon as they ship to us. So i would imagine roughly 2 weeks or so. :)

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #379 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:07:46 »
Hello everyone!

The packages have arrived! I’m in the process of opening, checking and counting the sets that I have.
Everyone who has an international shipment should have been invoiced already. If you have an international shipment but haven’t received an invoice, please let me know.
I have a few stray transfer requests which will be processed tonight. Sorry to those who are waiting.
Packing and shipping to individual customers will take place as soon as I can get to it.

A quick FAQ:

Q. Why aren’t you starting packing and shipping immediately?
A. Unfortunately, the packaging and ship date of the sets to me was a complete surprise. I was not able to schedule the appropriate time windows to perform the packing and shipping process. As such, I’ve done my best to shift my schedule to allow for everything to be taken care of as quickly as possible.

Q. When will we get our keysets?
A. I’m committed to shipping all keysets at the exact same time. I’m not going to send anyone’s keyset before anyone elses. You will receive an email with your tracking info as soon as your shipping label is created.

Q. I really don’t see how you didn’t budget time for shipping these keysets. You’ve been running this GB for months, didn’t you already know that they would be coming to you?
A. It’s not that I didn’t know they would be coming, I didn’t know when. I have responsibilties that need to be completed in a relatively short amount of time, and I am pushing to get those done as quickly as I possibly can.

Q. Will these be shipped in a box?
A. Yes, all keysets will be shipped in boxes, unless you are not getting any base sets, in which case they will be shipped in bubble mailers.

Q. Are you going to the DC meetup?
A. Yes I am!

Q. Why do you have time to go to the DC meetup and don’t have time to package and ship my keyset, dummy?
A. I already made plans to go to the DC meetup well before I knew the sets would be arriving. I unfortunately can’t break the plans that I have set up.

Q. If you’re going to the DC meetup, can you just bring mine and you won’t have to ship it?
A. Car space constraints, logistical planning and increase in likelihood of shipping confusion make me averse to offering this option.

Q. Why are you bothering with this FAQ at all? Hurry up and ship these out!
A. OK, Thanks for your patience.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #380 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:12:38 »
I don’t mind a little more waiting. Glad they arrived and thank you for being transparent with everything throughout this process.

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
« Reply #381 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:24:40 »
The wait is almost over! Thanks for everything Alex and pwade, can't wait to see the set in person!

Offline dondongler

• Gotta Light?
« Reply #382 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:46:29 »
Take your time, thank you for the gb

Offline txclack

« Reply #383 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 23:51:26 »
While I cannot wait for Taro - I can respect your time and will be patiently awaiting the set!

Thanks for being so open with communication during this GB - I know a few GB runners who could learn from dat.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #384 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 00:42:17 »
Really can't wait for this set, got an entire build here waiting for it!

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #385 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 22:03:02 »
^ same. Can't wait to see it in person. I've got no problem waiting a little longer, I'm happy to hear it's right around the corner.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #386 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 11:51:07 »
The hype is real! No worries on the shipping time; glad to know they arrived. Been waiting this long so I think we'll be alright :)

Offline umalip

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 09:45:35 »
So Close now!  the only thing helping with the wait is Taro Milk Tea right now...

Offline umalip

« Reply #388 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:41:37 »
Hello everyone!

The packages have arrived! I’m in the process of opening, checking and counting the sets that I have.
Everyone who has an international shipment should have been invoiced already. If you have an international shipment but haven’t received an invoice, please let me know.
I have a few stray transfer requests which will be processed tonight. Sorry to those who are waiting.
Packing and shipping to individual customers will take place as soon as I can get to it.

A quick FAQ:

Q. Why aren’t you starting packing and shipping immediately?
A. Unfortunately, the packaging and ship date of the sets to me was a complete surprise. I was not able to schedule the appropriate time windows to perform the packing and shipping process. As such, I’ve done my best to shift my schedule to allow for everything to be taken care of as quickly as possible.

Q. When will we get our keysets?
A. I’m committed to shipping all keysets at the exact same time. I’m not going to send anyone’s keyset before anyone elses. You will receive an email with your tracking info as soon as your shipping label is created.

Q. I really don’t see how you didn’t budget time for shipping these keysets. You’ve been running this GB for months, didn’t you already know that they would be coming to you?
A. It’s not that I didn’t know they would be coming, I didn’t know when. I have responsibilties that need to be completed in a relatively short amount of time, and I am pushing to get those done as quickly as I possibly can.

Q. Will these be shipped in a box?
A. Yes, all keysets will be shipped in boxes, unless you are not getting any base sets, in which case they will be shipped in bubble mailers.

Q. Are you going to the DC meetup?
A. Yes I am!

Q. Why do you have time to go to the DC meetup and don’t have time to package and ship my keyset, dummy?
A. I already made plans to go to the DC meetup well before I knew the sets would be arriving. I unfortunately can’t break the plans that I have set up.

Q. If you’re going to the DC meetup, can you just bring mine and you won’t have to ship it?
A. Car space constraints, logistical planning and increase in likelihood of shipping confusion make me averse to offering this option.

Q. Why are you bothering with this FAQ at all? Hurry up and ship these out!
A. OK, Thanks for your patience.

Hi Alex,

I know you said in your FAQ that it will take some time to get these sets out, which is completely understandable.  Could you though, provide us a rough estimate of how long that will take to get all the sets out at once?  Were you thinking another month to month and a half from when you received the sets from GMK?  Shorter time frame?  I know you are working diligently on getting these out, but an estimate would be nice to quell any expectations we could be getting it in September. - THX

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] GMK Taro (Sets Arrived, Shipping Soon)
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 10:52:47 »

Hi Alex,

I know you said in your FAQ that it will take some time to get these sets out, which is completely understandable.  Could you though, provide us a rough estimate of how long that will take to get all the sets out at once?  Were you thinking another month to month and a half from when you received the sets from GMK?  Shorter time frame?  I know you are working diligently on getting these out, but an estimate would be nice to quell any expectations we could be getting it in September. - THX

Based on all of this and the number of sets, I frankly would adjust my expectations to late September/early October. Packing is not so fun, and it's a lot of work. Mind-numbing and time-consuming.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #390 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 16:17:33 »

Hi Alex,

Based on all of this and the number of sets, I frankly would adjust my expectations to late September/early October. Packing is not so fun, and it's a lot of work. Mind-numbing and time-consuming.

I'm doing my absolute level-best to speed up the process and get everything out to customers. I know this is frustrating, and I know it's hard to believe, but I'm extremely frustrated myself. Every available resource that is within my grasp has been or will be leveraged to get everyone their keysets as soon as humanly possible.

In the interim, please laugh at my potato pic and flabby dadbod.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #391 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 17:48:32 »

I'm doing my absolute level-best to speed up the process and get everything out to customers. I know this is frustrating, and I know it's hard to believe, but I'm extremely frustrated myself. Every available resource that is within my grasp has been or will be leveraged to get everyone their keysets as soon as humanly possible.

Show Image

WEW, it's getting hot in here! :cool:

Offline umalip

« Reply #392 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 19:01:47 »

Hi Alex,

Show Image

Can not wait!!  Great looking shirt too!!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #393 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 20:20:36 »

Show Image

That shirt is nice! Looking good. :)

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #394 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 15:12:48 »

Hi Alex,

Show Image

:kreygasm:

Want to trade Taro for Alex

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #395 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 03:08:25 »

Hi Alex,

Show Image

:kreygasm:

Want to trade Taro for Alex

Hmmm, 2 taro sets?

Offline johntron25

« Reply #396 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 13:25:11 »
For peeps who are in this groupbuy, Which keyboard are you thinking of pairing with this set? just curious.

Offline heat_death51

« Reply #397 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 09:47:11 »
For peeps who are in this groupbuy, Which keyboard are you thinking of pairing with this set? just curious.

I plan on putting my Taro on a Kono Kira! I ordered mine with the black aluminum finish and plan on running it with a matching green RGB underglow. I have some R10 67g Zealios laying around, I figure I'll throw those under Taro! But with the keycaps shipping soon, and the Kira having a delivery time of mid-November, I might have to throw Taro onto something else in the mean time. Beats sitting on my desk in the box collecting dust! I've got a GK60 lurking somewhere, maybe Taro will live on that until the Kira arrives...

How about you, where you able to get in on the groupbuy? If so, what will you be putting your Taro on?

Offline umalip

« Reply #398 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 10:37:02 »

I plan on putting my Taro on a Kono Kira! I ordered mine with the black aluminum finish and plan on running it with a matching green RGB underglow. I have some R10 67g Zealios laying around, I figure I'll throw those under Taro! But with the keycaps shipping soon, and the Kira having a delivery time of mid-November, I might have to throw Taro onto something else in the mean time. Beats sitting on my desk in the box collecting dust! I've got a GK60 lurking somewhere, maybe Taro will live on that until the Kira arrives...

How about you, where you able to get in on the groupbuy? If so, what will you be putting your Taro on?

I was going to do the same exact thing!!!!

Offline KorbenDallas

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 02:07:40 »
My set will be going on a purple Klippe with a brass plate and Halo Clears. Pretty sure none of the purples will match but who cares right!