Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 305230 times)

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
Re: Rama Works M60-A [IN ANODISING]
« Reply #650 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 14:15:54 »
Moon/Moon - picture is heavily edited/filtered though - not accurate :P
Don't play with my heart :confused:

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #651 on: Sat, 15 September 2018, 21:26:17 »
Just asking, will it be possible to buy internal weight at this point or maybe after gb is concluded? I just realized I forgot to do so....

Offline manzel

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 10:11:38 »
The KOYU is said to use the same internal weight, which should be available shortly.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #653 on: Sun, 16 September 2018, 10:37:13 »
Just asking, will it be possible to buy internal weight at this point or maybe after gb is concluded? I just realized I forgot to do so....

Rama might have extras.  Let’s see what he says.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #654 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 07:23:42 »

Just reply to your order email and we will see if we have allocations available :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline BerserkZz

« Reply #655 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 10:59:55 »

Just reply to your order email and we will see if we have allocations available :)

Thanks a lot, although I didn't receive any email from you.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #656 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 11:49:00 »

you should have received a orderconfirmation from support atz rama dotz works

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #657 on: Mon, 17 September 2018, 11:58:12 »

I read Rama's reply as "Just reply(ied) to your order email...", I'm assuming you did too. He's saying that you can reply to your original order confirmation email. I had to do that as well to change my color selection and he responded pretty quickly.

Offline vonswoopington

« Reply #658 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 11:53:21 »
If someone wants to swap my Moon + extra internal weight for their Sage + extra internal weight please pm me :)
TGR 910 Polycarb | TGR Alice | TGR Unikorn | Lyn EM-7 | VE.A | Kyuu | E7-V1

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #659 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 12:07:10 »

I read Rama's reply as "Just reply(ied) to your order email...", I'm assuming you did too. He's saying that you can reply to your original order confirmation email. I had to do that as well to change my color selection and he responded pretty quickly.
Just to confirm this, as I ordered a internal weight a couple of weeks ago. Just reply to your order confirmation email that you received after you placed your order for the m60. I just asked for an internal weight if they had any extras because it does seem to be based on allocation, as Rama mentioned.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 12:57:24 »
Yep, I added a weight just this morning.  Quick reply to my email and I've already paid the new invoice.  Also, am I the only one who ordered the mist color?  lol.  Oh well, I think it's gonna look nice.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 14:18:21 »
Yep, I added a weight just this morning.  Quick reply to my email and I've already paid the new invoice.  Also, am I the only one who ordered the mist color?  lol.  Oh well, I think it's gonna look nice.

I got Mist!  Part of me wishes I got Moon, but I think Mist will be amazing.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #662 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 20:32:48 »
I’ve never typed on a thick integrated plate before.  How would it affect the sound of switches?  Would it make them louder or would the rigidity dampen it?  Also the description says milled from brass and aluminum.  The plate is aluminum, correct?  Finally, would there be any room for a foam liner to dampen the sound or are the tolerances too tight?

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #663 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 02:06:40 »
I’ve never typed on a thick integrated plate before.  How would it affect the sound of switches?  Would it make them louder or would the rigidity dampen it?  Also the description says milled from brass and aluminum.  The plate is aluminum, correct?  Finally, would there be any room for a foam liner to dampen the sound or are the tolerances too tight?

So far there are only non integrated 5mm (4.8mm) plates, you can look up zephyr or noxary 280 prototype for the soundtests. I asked rama for the clearence for something like a sorbothane sheet and he told me there should be about 3mm clearence for something like that. And yes, plate is aluminum, only the backweight is brass afaik.
TGR Jane V2

Offline Marutks

« Reply #664 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 04:44:19 »
I’ve never typed on a thick integrated plate before.  How would it affect the sound of switches?  Would it make them louder or would the rigidity dampen it?

Integrated plate makes sound of switches louder.  But I have typed only on clueboard integrated plate.
Zephyr's plate dampens the sound but it's not integrated.

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #665 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 07:01:24 »

I got this as a pad on my workbench and have a ton leftover, planning on trying it for dampening. It's got a gentle adhesive on the back and is like 2.3mm thick so hopefully it fits. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005I58W02/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #666 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:17:50 »
When discussing with Wilba, he told me what you will be able to fit will depend on whether you have an internal weight or not. With the weight, it will be a tight fit (most of the space available being at the back of the case)?

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #667 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 11:54:01 »

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #668 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 12:13:48 »
When discussing with Wilba, he told me what you will be able to fit will depend on whether you have an internal weight or not. With the weight, it will be a tight fit (most of the space available being at the back of the case)?

Gah.. got a weight.  Hopefully I can still make it fit.  I want to silence this thing as much as possible given that it’s my work board.

Offline chief_shankaho

« Reply #669 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 12:18:10 »

Gah.. got a weight.  Hopefully I can still make it fit.  I want to silence this thing as much as possible given that it’s my work board.

Depending on where the weight sits in the case, you can always cut the shape of the weight out of whatever material you're using to silence the board. Then it'll sort of fill in all that empty space where the weight doesn't sit. I don't know how big the weight is in relation to the case, but even if the weight takes up most of that free room, I'd assume there's still some room for silencing material.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #670 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 01:47:28 »
Could there be an issue with static electric charges building up and silencing materials?

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #671 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 02:15:59 »
I'm planning to at least try to cut a sorbothane sheet around the internal weight and see how it goes. If you dont want to waste money you could wait for me telling you if it works out :D
TGR Jane V2

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #672 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 06:40:55 »
Can't wait to receive my board  :cool:

Is the late September shipping estimation still on track?  ;D
Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline Clix4Clax

« Reply #673 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 09:10:25 »
Can't wait to receive my board  :cool:

Is the late September shipping estimation still on track?  ;D

Rama told me the other day the last color is still in anodising. They have to ship from the factory, do QC and sorting and shipping so my guess would be mid/late October.. This is my first custom board so i dont have any reference for a timeline but im sure thats not too far off.

So excited, gotta pick a USB c cable now.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #674 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 17:12:31 »
Spoke to rama today and the m60s are done and packaging is done. They are now going to be too hq and packed and shipped

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #675 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 21:46:36 »
Spoke to rama today and the m60s are done and packaging is done. They are now going to be too hq and packed and shipped

Well, that's pretty amazing news  :thumb:

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #676 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 05:12:21 »

Yep!

Just a quick update, so all colors are now anodized and the packaging is on the way to our manufacturer - they will do an initial packing of the main boards and promptly sea-freight it to us.

Sea freight will take 2-3 weeks, and we'll do final assembly and packaging here then ship in batches of colour and country :) Still have to get around to posting some pictures and writing up more of an update on our site but that's where we're at right now!

Cheers :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline asury

• /u/adsury/
« Reply #677 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 05:18:31 »
Really excited, thanks for the update Rama!  :thumb:

Yep!

Just a quick update, so all colors are now anodized and the packaging is on the way to our manufacturer - they will do an initial packing of the main boards and promptly sea-freight it to us.

Sea freight will take 2-3 weeks, and we'll do final assembly and packaging here then ship in batches of colour and country :) Still have to get around to posting some pictures and writing up more of an update on our site but that's where we're at right now!

Grey Duck Sidewinder/GMK Hyperfuse Origins/MX Black retooled | Sage M60-A/GMK Camping/Holy Sky | LFK68/DSA Granite Alps/SKCM Orange Alps

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #678 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 09:39:51 »

Yep!

Yesss, can't wait to see an update to see how lake turned out!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #679 on: Sun, 23 September 2018, 03:45:01 »
With the latest updates, that'll maybe be a month or so? Exciting.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline jjwax

« Reply #680 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 15:21:46 »
is it possible to swim out to the boat caryring my board and pick it up there?

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #681 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 16:53:44 »
is it possible to swim out to the boat caryring my board and pick it up there?

Keyboard pirates! That would make an awesome movie!

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #682 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 08:10:28 »
 ;D

mechanical pirates vs membrane soldiers

Offline MMKB

« Reply #683 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:44:26 »
;D

mechanical pirates vs membrane soldiers

Who wants to be membrane when you can be mechanical?

Offline r0b1n4sale

« Reply #684 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 03:31:44 »
Haven't heard from rama for quite a time. Is anything OK?

Offline arsenics

« Reply #685 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 03:36:20 »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #686 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 04:38:27 »
Haven't heard from rama for quite a time. Is anything OK?

Yes! :P All good! Initial packaging has arrived at our manufacturer and they are packing now before sea-freight to us :) A few boxes where damaged in transit and are being remade and sent over in the next day or so

Offline Champalan

« Reply #687 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 07:51:49 »
It's probably my box. Sorry for slowing us down guys!

Offline dimo

Re: Rama Works M60-A [INITIAL PACKING]
« Reply #688 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:07:31 »
Will there be extras/ has Rama done that in the past?

Sorry if it's been asked before

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #689 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:39:25 »
I need pictures of lake in my life!

Offline r0b1n4sale

« Reply #690 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 21:40:56 »
I need pictures of lake in my life!

:D So do I.

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #691 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 22:16:51 »
Will there be extras/ has Rama done that in the past?

Sorry if it's been asked before

It’s been asked several times.. there will be another round.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #692 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:26:26 »
Hey guys!

Wilba, Kate and I went into the warehouse today to program and pack some of the PCB's! About 1/3rd done on that front. Just thought I'd post a quick little update :) All the starter kits, Cables & Package Inclusions (Screws/Tools etc) have been packed already.

Apologies for the bad photos, spent more time packing and forgot my camera  :-[

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2018, 11:33:14 by KingRama »

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #693 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 12:02:37 »
I hope i can receive my m60 before Koyu65 ends.

Offline PoohGom

« Reply #694 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:17:29 »
These are some good looking PCB's, very anxious to receive my M60-A, thank you for the updates RAMA!

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
« Reply #695 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:29:23 »
V nice

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #696 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 22:41:29 »
Gorgeous PCBs and packaging! I'm so glad I ordered an extra PCB =)

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #697 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 02:10:55 »

I also did and am very glad, maybe just use it as a wall lighting :D
TGR Jane V2

Offline fishinaspacesuit

« Reply #698 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 02:17:12 »

Haha, I've been thinking.. maybe I can create a custom wall frame and put the PCB into the frame and then hang on my wall. Just needs a small enclosure out so for the power cable and can be turned on. The PCB is art by itself! Would be a good weekend project for sure.

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #699 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 15:13:19 »

Haha, I've been thinking.. maybe I can create a custom wall frame and put the PCB into the frame and then hang on my wall. Just needs a small enclosure out so for the power cable and can be turned on. The PCB is art by itself! Would be a good weekend project for sure.

Shadow boxes are the best. They come in all shapes and sizes. I'm sure you could find one that would fit a PCB amazingly.