Author Topic: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed  (Read 42074 times)

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon mods

-PBT plastic
-Dye-sublimated legends
-159keys
-Cherry profile
-Made in China

Description

The aim was to create a simple and sleek keyset that has the icon only mod legends.
The white used for this set is different from what Enjoypbt has produced before and has a cool/neutral tone unlike the warmer milky white or off-white that you usually find on blank gateron keysets.
Price
Price will be $89 USD including shipping via DHL/JCEX  (Most countries use DHL 5-7days Most countries do not need import tariffs  , and Asian countries use jcex 2-4days )
When buying, please select freeshipping via 4px. The default is to use DHL, please do not choose to upgrade 15USD.
Delivery time
We will be submitting the order once we have reached sales of 100 sets and will take 2 months to manufacture and ship.
Stop buying on June 21, the future retail price is 99USD, store discount code :ILOVEKBDFANS.
Join the group-buying
https://kbdfans.cn/products/gbenjoypbt-black-on-white-with-icon-mods-159keys
Base kit 159keys $89

International Kit  $16.5

Colevrak  Kit $14.9

Color sample

update 

2018-07-28   Sample making
2018-08-31   It has arrived 100set today. According to the order, it is being shipped. The rest is expected to arrive in 1 week

« Last Edit: Wed, 21 November 2018, 17:39:57 by kbdfans »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:17:59 »
Approved :3
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline zekkin

• my entire life was unlimited zekk works
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:21:13 »
Picked up a set!

Love seeing all the new stuff EnjoyPBT is doing nowadays.

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:49:53 »
I love pbt and how more dyesub sets are coming out. Keep it coming! Ordered one.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:55:55 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Offline renzpwns

• I didn't like money in my wallet anyways.
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 12:43:55 »
Definitely in!  :thumb:

Offline yonghf

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 13:47:50 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

I asked them on taobao, R1 shipping out end of May.

Offline OmegaSupreme

• For Cybertron!!!
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 15:13:57 »
Excited for this! I’m in for a set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
| TX-CP | Dolphin V3x 2 | Dolphin Padx 2 | Unicorn X Legend | Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE |

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:28:51 »
This would look great with the M60-A like in some of the renders!

Thanks for bringing this to life!
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 May 2018, 16:53:19 by gok101 »

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 21:01:53 »
In for a set! Good to see new colors for Enjoypbt

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 21:47:38 »
Thanks for making new EnjoyPBT sets.

But seriously, wei, please PLEASE consider EnjoyPBT Muted. That set was made for dye-sub PBT and I can't believe nobody has worked on that yet.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:09:11 »

But seriously, wei, please PLEASE consider EnjoyPBT Muted. That set was made for dye-sub PBT and I can't believe nobody has worked on that yet.
This idea has been tossed up before and I have discussed this with kbdfans.
Enjoypbt 9009 was a success and I don't doubt that a Enjoypbt Muted would be as well but there are a few things to consider.

1. KP republic already have a gray dye-subbed pbt set with a very similar tone to the base set of muted.
2. since there are many enjoypbt sets to choose from now, exploring accent kits instead of full kits seems like a worthwhile idea and opens the possibilities up to more variations for the accent colours.

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:19:56 »

Enjoypbt 9009 was a success and I don't doubt that a Enjoypbt Muted would be as well but there are a few things to consider.

1. KP republic already have a gray dye-subbed pbt set with a very similar tone to the base set of muted.
2. since there are many enjoypbt sets to choose from now, exploring accent kits instead of full kits seems like a worthwhile idea and opens the possibilities up to more variations for the accent colours.

1. I have both the beige EnjoyPBT set and KB Republic's gray+red Japanese set. The printing on KB Republic's one is not as crisp.
2. These recent EnjoyPBT batches from KBDFans have very nice icon mods.

But yeah, no pressure here. Just wishful thinking honestly 🙂

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:39:32 »

1. I have both the beige EnjoyPBT set and KB Republic's gray+red Japanese set. The printing on KB Republic's one is not as crisp.

If that is the case, what do you think about a neutral base set and separate accents?
It might cost more in total for the buyer but provides much more flexibility as well.

Offline TheAutoManCan

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:47:58 »
I’m a huge fan of icon mods and this set as well but I must admit I was a bit surprised and disappointed when I noticed there’s no R2 icon Control key included.

Offline kbdfans

• * Vendor
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 22:50:59 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Hi
R1 order shipping end of this month,R2 order Shipments in mid June ;D

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 23:50:11 »

If that is the case, what do you think about a neutral base set and separate accents?
It might cost more in total for the buyer but provides much more flexibility as well.

You mean similar to how GMK Muted did it? Yeah I'm sure many would be OK with that.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 07:56:12 »
Has 9009 shipped yet?

Hi
R1 order shipping end of this month,R2 order Shipments in mid June ;D
Thanks for the info. Might be in for a set of 9009.

Offline DJ Shoko

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 12:35:00 »

You mean similar to how GMK Muted did it? Yeah I'm sure many would be OK with that.

Show Image

I think the idea of accent keys kits would be incredibly popular tbh, Muted accents in particular and maybe 9009 (but there's a full set for those atm and I dunno if it'll ever get split as an individual set.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 18:52:43 »
The only reason I'm not buying this is because it doesn't appear to have a 6u center-stem spacebar.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 May 2018, 19:27:31 »
The only reason I'm not buying this is because it doesn't appear to have a 6u center-stem spacebar.
Enjoypbt only have off centre 6u I'm afraid.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 13:41:13 »
Would anyone happen to know if these are lighter/darker than GMK's CP or WS1?

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 17:12:56 »
Would anyone happen to know if these are lighter/darker than GMK's CP or WS1?

They haven't made color yet though I'd guess closer to CP?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 19:19:17 »
It's hard to compare colours on the screen.
Does anybody know where I could get a set of the GMK standard colour samples?

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 20:07:26 »
12 sets to 'moq'
keyboards.

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 21:51:31 »
This set actually looks plainly elegant and nice :)

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:30:03 »

But yeah, no pressure here. Just wishful thinking honestly

Show Image

I like this idea, but wouldn't a new base set need to be made? Isn't the current GB for a uniform white color (both mods and alphas)? Alternatively the accent kits and slightly darker grey mods could be sold to get that muted effect?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:32:45 »
The idea is that the accent kit would be sold totally separately and you could use it with BoW or possibly a future set based on Muted.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 03:46:41 »
The idea is that the accent kit would be sold totally separately and you could use it with BoW or possibly a future set based on Muted.
Decisions decisions decisions. Do I buy BoW now to use with possibly future accent kits, or do I hold out for a possible kit based on muted to be paired with  possible accent kits in the future. Scenario 1 has only 1 uncertainty whereas scenario 2 has 2 uncertainties but it contains the set based on muted, which is what I want. Hmmm, first world problems, am I right?

Offline rockydbull

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 09:47:17 »

I would be interested in accent kits as well. Would be a little more expensive but could mix and match.

Offline TastyNico

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 09:56:28 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:42:38 by TastyNico »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 18:06:39 »
For those that missed my reddit post, here is a link to the final colour sample for the white https://i.imgur.com/TjmyXCz.jpg.

Production for the caps themselves have been arranged and we are in the process of amending the legends to fix some of the issues that came up with the Enjoypbt 9009 set.
This process will take a week.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 05:08:24 »
Another update: We are waiting for a sample to be produced to see if there are any adjustments required.
I have already updated most of the legends on the base set whether it be sizing, alignment or a full redraw.
Attached are some examples of changes I've made.

I will be looking at how the design file and manufactured keys correlate with regards to alignments and I will likely be tweaking the design file again before we go for another round of samples are made.
Sorry about the delays but I want this to be good.

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 11:36:16 »
Can't wait  :D

Please also make sure the Backspace arrow is big enough, unlike with epbt 9009

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 12:19:16 »

I think the intention is to use the X for backspace and not the arrow however it's a little inconclusive as the layout differs from the renders.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:08:19 »

I think the intention is to use the X for backspace and not the arrow however it's a little inconclusive as the layout differs from the renders.

It will be an arrow for the usual backspace and box arrow for the hhkb backspace. The small arrow was the first thing I fixed but I have also tweaked all the arrow legends to be slightly more pointy.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:35:33 »

This x1000. It's literally a free cash grab. I'd buy like 2 or 3 sets of it if it ever actually dropped. pbt>abs nearly every time.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 15:37:15 »

This x1000. It's literally a free cash grab. I'd buy like 2 or 3 sets of it if it ever actually dropped. pbt>abs nearly every time.
One thing at a time. We are waiting for samples to be made of accents that would fit BoW and a future set.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 16:01:12 »

One thing at a time. We are waiting for samples to be made of accents that would fit BoW and a future set.

Yup, of course. I'm actually in for a set of epbt BoW so I'm super hyped for this as well!

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 17 July 2018, 16:07:40 »
I think ePBT Muted is in hiatus as Wei reached out to Jchan to get his "permission" but it sounds like that fell through...

Offline Dovan1405

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 03:40:25 »
I think ePBT Muted is in hiatus as Wei reached out to Jchan to get his "permission" but it sounds like that fell through...
I wont mind using this with the accents but first... needa find some accents

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 04:22:11 »
Any extra o round 2 in the future? I miss that  :confused:

KMK Labs.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 04:49:43 »
Any extra o round 2 in the future? I miss that  :confused:

KMK Labs.
There will be but will probably delay it to see what the feedback is from the first round.

Offline fine_italian_leather

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 09:29:44 »
+1 for epbt muted.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---Sample making
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 31 July 2018, 22:05:30 »
Hi everybody,
I've just been sent some low res pics of the prototype by the manufacturer.
They will be sending the samples to KBDfans and should reach them tomorrow.
Hopefully we can get some high res pics for you all.

Depending on how the prototype has turned out, we will either proceed with production or request another sample after adjustments have been made.

Sorry for the delays

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 06:33:32 »
Looks like good ol' ePBT to me. More exited about this than most other sets.

Offline oumakavoula

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 07:26:50 »
looking good !

Offline Gacct

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:53:31 »
Glad I hopped on this, should look great on my grey norbatouch. Now lets get that MUTED going!

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 10:56:09 »
Shame it is too late to join :/

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 01 August 2018, 15:26:12 »
Nice! I am very glad this is happening.

This will be stocked on the site afterwards, correct?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 03:36:00 »
Hi guys. As promised, here are some higher resolution images which should give you guys a good idea on the dye-sub quality and the new legends.
I have spotted a few minor things like the shape of the capital C in the mod keys and some of the margins that I am tweaking as we speak. I will need to apply these to all the kits so it probably won't be done till the end of this week.
Thanks for your patience.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
    • Website
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 04:13:50 »

There should be extras and there will be another round later.
Once everything has settled down and I am sure that there will be no more revisions to the set, I'll ask KBDfans if they want to keep it as a stock item.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 06:45:24 »

The legends are looking pretty good. I've noticed just two things that can be improved:
    • The tittle (dot) is missing on the i in 1.5u Function
    • The Delete, End and Enter legends are ever so slightly thicker / more tightly kerned than the other text legends.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: Thu, 02 August 2018, 06:48:23 by constexpr »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
      • Website
    « Reply #53 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 11:23:22 »
      Show Image

The legends are looking pretty good. I've noticed just two things that can be improved:
      • The tittle (dot) is missing on the i in 1.5u Function
      • The Delete, End and Enter legends are ever so slightly thicker / more tightly kerned than the other text legends.
      [/list]
      I've already made some adjustments for the kerning but there is a difference between the nav cluster and the bottom rows.
      I've worked backwards from the worst case so the longest key in the nav cluster is the delete and has been spaced out as much as possible whilst still fitting. All the nav keys will then match the margins and kerning of that.

The bottom row mods have started from the Control key.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #54 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 11:46:59 »
      That's a good way of going about it, good work.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 12:29:50 »
      cool. can't wait to get them

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 14:43:18 »

There should be extras and there will be another round later.
      Once everything has settled down and I am sure that there will be no more revisions to the set, I'll ask KBDfans if they want to keep it as a stock item.

good news, I was sad to have missed the GB

KMK Labs.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 16:55:55 »
      I have always wondered why, instead of cramming the word "Delete" and "Insert" on a keycap, do manufacterers not just use "Ins" and "Del" ? I guess a lot of people wouldn't like it that way, but it makes more sense to me. Not really asking it to be changed here, but just wondering if it has been tried somewhere and already rejected as dumb.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #58 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 17:41:11 »
      I have always wondered why, instead of cramming the word "Delete" and "Insert" on a keycap, do manufacterers not just use "Ins" and "Del" ? I guess a lot of people wouldn't like it that way, but it makes more sense to me. Not really asking it to be changed here, but just wondering if it has been tried somewhere and already rejected as dumb.
      I think there is a preference towards having the full word

Offline Puddsy

• nice
      • * Elated Elder
      • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
      « Reply #59 on: Thu, 02 August 2018, 21:28:01 »
      I think there is a preference towards having the full word

it's a consistency thing

if you're gonna use "control" i would hope you would use "insert"
      QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #60 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 20:54:24 »
      We have finalised everything and given the go ahead for the full production.
      Attached is an image of what will be in the final base set.
      Aside from minor tweaks to the legends, 2* 1u Super and 2* 1.25u Super keys have been added so you will be able to have a full text bottom row.

We have a few other projects that we are waiting on samples before we reveal them so stay tuned!

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
      « Reply #61 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 21:13:48 »
      Final base kit layout looks AWESOME. Icon city! Really looking forward to this, good work
      More
      75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
      TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
      Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline Bizpit

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 21:17:14 »
      Looks great.

I'm assuming the picture has a typo. Row profiles are 443211? (picture is 442211)

Offline forumusername

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 22:09:13 »
      I wish it would've been down arrow for caps instead of purse but I'm probably in the minority.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 06 August 2018, 22:52:25 »
      Looks good and price was great, any chance you guys will consider doing another batch of these? I'd also prefer the down arrow for caps lock, but then again I'd prefer full text and no icons on my sets as well.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #65 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 00:19:35 »
      Looks great.

I'm assuming the picture has a typo. Row profiles are 443211? (picture is 442211)

It's a bit pixelated but the picture does show 443211.

Looks good and price was great, any chance you guys will consider doing another batch of these? I'd also prefer the down arrow for caps lock, but then again I'd prefer full text and no icons on my sets as well.
      There will certainly be another batch. We will get the first round out and see what people think.
      With regards to the down arrow, I think as a legend it doesn't make sense. I'd rather use the icon I made for epbt slate which was inspired by android keyboards.

Offline 8ckerno

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 10:11:24 »
      We have a few other projects that we are waiting on samples before we reveal them so stay tuned!

oh boi,
      pls say it's epbt muted!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #67 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 12:21:57 »
      With regards to the down arrow, I think as a legend it doesn't make sense. I'd rather use the icon I made for epbt slate which was inspired by android keyboards.
      I agree, I think the Caps Lock legend looks great as is. The same goes for the entire set. Good work!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #68 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 21:35:34 »
      UPDATE: KBDfans have estimated that they will ship the sets out by the end of the month based on the timelines provided by the manufacturer.
      I'll keep you guys updated if anything changes.

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 22:02:11 »
      UPDATE: KBDfans have estimated that they will ship the sets out by the end of the month based on the timelines provided by the manufacturer.
      Can't wait! Hope everything goes according to schedule.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
        • Carolina Mech
      « Reply #70 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 11:26:59 »

we still on track?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #71 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 13:57:47 »

we still on track?
      They are supposedly sending the first batch on the 28th of this month so I'll give you guys an update next week.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #72 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 06:31:08 »
      The new update is that they will receive the first 100 in a couple of days time... Sorry everybody

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 28 August 2018, 14:03:51 »
      Hope the shipping will follow the order dates  :D

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
      « Reply #74 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 12:34:50 »
      Woo thanks for the updates. Can't wait for this set. If I recently moved, who should i contact about updating shipping address?
      TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline zekkin

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 29 August 2018, 14:07:47 »
      Woo thanks for the updates. Can't wait for this set. If I recently moved, who should i contact about updating shipping address?

Who did you buy it from?

(The answer is KBDfans, you contact KBDfans.)

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #76 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 06:23:48 »
      KBDfans have received the first 100 sets. Some of you may already have tracking notices.

Offline oumakavoula

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 07:11:30 »
      good to hear

edit : indeed got shipping notification :)
      « Last Edit: Fri, 31 August 2018, 01:05:49 by oumakavoula »

Offline zekkin

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---Start shipping
      « Reply #78 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 21:41:47 »
      Got my shipping notification

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #79 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 22:40:28 »
      Yep, me too! Wei just confirmed on Discord that the first 100 sets are being shipped.

A lot of people were asking about extras, so here's what he said about that:

Offline o3okevin

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 23:11:40 »
      Got my shipping, can't wait for everything to arrive  :D

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 30 August 2018, 23:51:47 »
      Cool, my keycaps have been shipped too

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Offline Bizpit

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 01:16:07 »
      Got shipping notification on 31st, and arrived today.

Looks really nice! Will get some pics tonight hopefully.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #83 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 03:45:47 »
      Got shipping notification on 31st, and arrived today.

Looks really nice! Will get some pics tonight hopefully.
      Very nice. Mine is still stuck in Shanghai haha

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 08:39:07 »
      Mine arrived today (east coast USA). Looks good, color is really good - a very, very light gray that is essentially neutral off white that will match anything except if beige is required. Legends look sharper than what I have seen from older kbrepublic dye sub sets. Can't really compare to other EnjoyPBT sets since this is my first set from them. Good GB.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 10:15:54 »
      Cool, mine will arrive to the EU / Hungary on Thursday. Can't wait

Could you post some pics please?

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 10:29:16 »
      Mine arrived today (east coast USA). Looks good, color is really good - a very, very light gray that is essentially neutral off white that will match anything except if beige is required. Legends look sharper than what I have seen from older kbrepublic dye sub sets. Can't really compare to other EnjoyPBT sets since this is my first set from them. Good GB.

Gray?  :(

KMK Labs.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #87 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:24:23 »
      I'd also love to see some photos, maybe of the legends on a full board if you can?

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #88 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:31:22 »
      So I installed these on a Leopold FC980M. The only trouble with the set I've noticed is a standard problem with PBT - the spacebars are not exactly perfectly straight when you lay them on a flat surface, which may cause some binding/rubbing depending on your stabs. Leopold stabs are perfect - so keycap tolerance is what makes a difference. The backspace and spacebar could be closer in tolerance. Note any critique in my posts is to be considered constructive criticism.

Attached is the best photo I can do with what I've got. It is difficult to capture the neutral gray color, but this is possibly the most neutral off white I have seen on a keycap. It is not intense white and it is not really gray, and it is not beige... which means it is pretty much perfect because the Leopold it is on has an extremely neutral gray case also. The photo is probably too warm compared to reality. It looks better in person than in this photo:

https://imgur.com/a/Aib56Lz

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #89 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:34:24 »

Sorry to scare anyone ... color can be subjective. I am just posting what i see, not really what you may see. It is not "storm trooper" blow-your-eyes-out bright white. It is more subdued white, if that makes sense.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #90 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 11:48:29 »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #91 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 13:26:47 »

Sorry to scare anyone ... color can be subjective. I am just posting what i see, not really what you may see. It is not "storm trooper" blow-your-eyes-out bright white. It is more subdued white, if that makes sense.

When you say stormtrooper white, you don't mean GMK or jtk storm trooper do you because those are even more off-white unless something changed during production.
      It's still scaring me a bit.
      « Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2018, 13:32:47 by gok101 »

Offline zekkin

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 15:47:53 »
      Got my set. Everything looks great...

That being said, all of my space bars are warped to some degree. But no worries, the 3u keys that are used on almost no keyboards are A-OK  :-X!

Are people just heating up their keys with hair dryer and putting heavy stuff on top to straighten them out?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #93 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:08:58 »

That being said, all of my space bars are warped to some degree. But no worries, the 3u keys that are used on almost no keyboards are A-OK  :-X!

Are people just heating up their keys with hair dryer and putting heavy stuff on top to straighten them out?
      That is pretty much all you can do but the issue is if they are warped inconsistently or in more than one direction.
      How bad are yours?

Offline zekkin

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:20:11 »

That is pretty much all you can do but the issue is if they are warped inconsistently or in more than one direction.
      How bad are yours?

They're all varying degrees of this:

Other than this the caps look great. The new legends look very nice, great work gok.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #95 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 16:26:41 »
      Holy crap that is some bad warp. My R1 epbt 9009 had some really straight spacebars so I thought they resolved most of their issues but that is quite sad to see.
      Maybe it is down to the luck of the draw but I'll ask the question anyway about why these are so much worse than on 9009.

Offline m5tnt

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:24:00 »
      Got my set today:

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 22:15:09 »
      Got my set today:

Show Image

hmmm, that doesn't look very white.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #98 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 02:30:15 »
      Got my set today:

Show Image

It should be white. I guess the lights were not so bright, so the caps are a darker then in real life

Offline tiydal

« Reply #99 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 10:19:01 »
      Got my set today:

Show Image

Your looking at it on a screen of some kind (probably) a computer screen, which is calibrated to try and recreate colours accurately. It was taken on a Camera, which also tries to change the image to make it looks more accurate. (obviously there is variation to this)

What I'm trying to say is dont get worried until you see it. The image you see is the result of numerous devices playing with it. Im sure it will look great :D

Offline bard

« Reply #100 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 10:25:59 »
      never trust photos (without pantone palette)  :p

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #101 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 21:44:11 »
      I have read that many people have received heavily warped spacebars and I am talking to KBDfans about it now to see what they can do about it.
      Will keep you guys posted.

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:05:20 »
      This is again pretty bad lighting but it shows 3 shades next to each other. I'd say color isn't as white as renders but definitely acceptable and fits what was ordered. BoW, Varmilo white, Enjoypbt beige

Set also included 2 2.25 shifts which was nice for 66 key layouts I like to use as it wasn't shown in render

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #103 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:31:04 »
      This is again pretty bad lighting but it shows 3 shades next to each other. I'd say color isn't as white as renders but definitely acceptable and fits what was ordered. BoW, Varmilo white, Enjoypbt beige

Show Image

Set also included 2 2.25 shifts which was nice for 66 key layouts I like to use as it wasn't shown in render
      This already looks pretty white which is good as the other photo made it look extremely off-white.
      When I was showing samples, I tried to include as many colour references so you guys had an idea what to expect - Dulux powdercoat colours, A4 paper, Gateron ghost white and milky white, etc.

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
      « Reply #104 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 22:34:45 »
      I’ve been liking what I’m seeing in terms of the color. Can’t wait to get on the extras shipment
      hbcp

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #105 on: Wed, 05 September 2018, 23:01:06 »
      Hi all,

Quick update with regards to the warping issues. This is what KBDfans have told me in verbatim:
      Enjoypbt agreed to do a fresh batch of Spaces
      The following 200 sets of Spaces will be adjusted, in addition, we will make more Spaces, and supply the previous 100 sets

Hopefully the next batch will have these issues resolved.

Offline newbatthis

« Reply #106 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 02:06:11 »
      Hi all,

Quick update with regards to the warping issues. This is what KBDfans have told me in verbatim:
      The following 200 sets of Spaces will be adjusted, in addition, we will make more Spaces, and supply the previous 100 sets

That is excellent news! They did good work with r2 for epbt 9009. I have my hopes up. Glad that (once again) I'm not in the first round  ;D

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 04:01:13 »
      Anybody who is worried about the color...
      it is really nice

Offline bard

« Reply #108 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 04:14:07 »
      thx bro!

Offline Gacct

« Reply #109 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:01:09 »
      Hi all,

Just to confirm, we'll be getting free replacements?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
      « Reply #110 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:08:01 »
      I have my hopes up. Glad that (once again) I'm not in the first round  ;D
      Next batch means the next batch of R1 orders that are left to be fulfilled, not R2.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #111 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 12:27:58 »
      Would be good if we got free replacements

My 7u spacebar is somewhat warped. I would trade my 6.5 u spacebar for a good 7u

Next batch means the next batch of R1 orders that are left to be fulfilled, not R2.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #112 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:10:17 »
      Would be good if we got free replacements

My 7u spacebar is somewhat warped. I would trade my 6.5 u spacebar for a good 7u

Yes, these will be free replacements but as with epbt 9009, the replacement keys will be sent out with your next order because sending via something like e packet without tracking gets lost easily, so I am told.

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 06 September 2018, 13:51:35 »
      Glad to hear that we are getting replacement spaces!

My 6.25U is messed up but the 7U seems ok.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 05:25:55 »
      So, whenever I order something the next time I'll get some actually usable spacebars with that order automatically? Or do I have to mention it in the comments or something?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #115 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 05:49:36 »
      So, whenever I order something the next time I'll get some actually usable spacebars with that order automatically? Or do I have to mention it in the comments or something?
      I wouldn't take the chance so I'd mention it to be sure. That's what I did for the replacement backspace for 9009.

Offline Gacct

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 07 September 2018, 19:32:56 »
      I wouldn't take the chance so I'd mention it to be sure. That's what I did for the replacement backspace for 9009.
      If my order is still unfulfilled, will I receive a fixed spacebar or a potentially warped one?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #117 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 02:09:04 »
      If my order is still unfulfilled, will I receive a fixed spacebar or a potentially warped one?
      If you weren't in the first batch of 100, you will have the newer spacebars.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
      « Reply #118 on: Sat, 08 September 2018, 18:38:41 »
      Got my set today:

Show Image

It should be white. I guess the lights were not so bright, so the caps are a darker then in real life

Looks pretty white to me. As caucasian as it gets.

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #119 on: Sun, 09 September 2018, 04:44:11 »
      It is pretty white.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 05:37:42 »
      where can I message kbdfans regarding this groupbuy and the ugly spacebars?  I can not find an email address for this...

Offline oumakavoula

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 05:39:07 »
      you can go on kbdfans discord https://kbdfans.cn/pages/discord

Offline deathrole

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 10:39:04 »
      I just want to include this color reference from Wei.

By the way it seems the first 2 images has a different from the last image?

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
      « Reply #123 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 11:27:29 »

it could just be lighting
      TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #124 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 17:22:15 »

KBDfans use studio style lighting and mine is purely natural light 3m away from the window.
      Other factors are camera replication of colours and settings.
      The actual colours will be exactly the same because they were manufactured in the same batch. As mentioned previously, this is why I provide colour references so that even when the colours aren't accurate on screen, you can get an idea of where it sits relative to things that you may be able to refer to.

Offline deathrole

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 20:15:32 »

it could just be lighting
      Oh okay thanks.

KBDfans use studio style lighting and mine is purely natural light 3m away from the window.
      Other factors are camera replication of colours and settings.
      The actual colours will be exactly the same because they were manufactured in the same batch. As mentioned previously, this is why I provide colour references so that even when the colours aren't accurate on screen, you can get an idea of where it sits relative to things that you may be able to refer to.
      Oh okay thanks that makes sense.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 07:21:53 »
      Did you guys get a shipping notification? I haven't received mine yet.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 18 September 2018, 08:41:08 »
      Did you guys get a shipping notification? I haven't received mine yet.

I think they aren't in the process of shipping out the next batch yet because they are fixing some of the more serious warping on some of the caps.

Offline towhatend

« Reply #128 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 10:47:47 »
      My set was sent today (base + international kit). I hope it includes the fixed keycaps. :)

Offline Gacct

« Reply #129 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 11:25:31 »
      My set was sent today (base + international kit). I hope it includes the fixed keycaps. :)

I too got a shipping notification, I wasn't part of the first 100 so I'm pretty sure these will have the fixed space bars. Looking forward to putting this on.

Offline Acereconkeys

« Reply #130 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 11:39:02 »
      Wooo also got shipping, not as part of the first 100.

Can't get tracking I hope it shipped to the right address or i'm going to have some fun tracking it down.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 11:39:50 »
      Got my shipping notification as well!

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #132 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 20:27:59 »
      Can't wait to get some extras! :P

Offline Lormania

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 01:10:31 »
      So for us first rounders, we just order something and in the comments mention to also send corrected spacebars?

Offline dimo

« Reply #134 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 05:37:46 »
      anyone know when Wei plans on making the set available on his site? I’m just waiting around to pick it up

Offline The_judge_168

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 11:11:08 »
      So for us first rounders, we just order something and in the comments mention to also send corrected spacebars?

I think that is what they said, still waiting for confirmation that they have replacement spacebars to ship

Offline Gacct

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 20:03:58 »
      Got my set in today. 6.25 space bar doesn't fit on a novatouch due to the spacing of the stems and the stabilizer housings on the novatouch. Other than that the set looks sweet.

Here's a picture not sure how to embed https://imgur.com/gallery/jndymgU

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:50:15 »
      Ok so I got my set this morning. Here's a brief review/impressions. I'm not too experienced in the keyboard world - so take my words with a grain of salt.

First the good stuff:
      • The keycaps themselves appear to be very good quality material wise (as is expected from ePBT).
      • Legend quality seems to be good.

The bad stuff (see picture below for reference):
      • The colour is not as white as I'd hoped. It's more of a light grey - I imagine it's similar to the alphas of GMK Muted (although I've never owned a set).
      • Colour uniformity is quite variable in my opinion. In the photo I've attached, 'M' , 'Del', 'Pg Dn' are a tad bit whiter than some of the other 1u keys, and a lot whiter than the space bars. This isn't just how it looks in this picture/with this lighting. Quite disappointing.
      • Packaging is poor - just a battered up plain cardboard box wrapped in bubble wrap (as is expected from ePBT).

So, in summary:

Considering the price - these cost ~80 USD if I remember correctly - I'd recommend them to people on a budget who don't want to pay the extra cash for a GMK set, or don't want to buy a GMK set for whatever other reason. I've never owned a GMK set (Modern Dolch is the first I've ordered), but I imagine you get what you pay for. From my experience with this set and previous ePBT sets (blanks), it seems that with ePBT you get bad packaging and less than ideal colour uniformity.

However, if you are like me and you'd rather spend a little bit extra for quality, I'd recommend you consider looking at alternatives. For people with high-end keyboards that want perfect-quality sets, this probably isn't for you. I decided to make the jump from the budget end of the hobby (my only keyboard is a Pok3r) to the "endgame" (Moon RAMA M60-A on the way), and I hoped that ePBT BoW would become my go-to classic white set for my M60-A - much like what I imagine GMK Stormtrooper to be (again, never owned a set). I think it probably won't be :(

If anybody is interested, my future keyboard plans are to sell my Pok3r once my M60-A arrives and be done with buying keyboards. I'll continue to experiment with keycaps, but I'll try and wait until GMK Modern Dolch arrives so that I can definitively decide whether to look to GMK or ePBT for my future purchases.

« Last Edit: Mon, 24 September 2018, 21:52:01 by Krakyn »

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #138 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 22:24:52 »
      Ok so I got my set this morning. Here's a brief review/impressions. I'm not too experienced in the keyboard world - so take my words with a grain of salt.

First the good stuff:
      • The keycaps themselves appear to be very good quality material wise (as is expected from ePBT).
      • Legend quality seems to be good.

The bad stuff (see picture below for reference):
      • The colour is not as white as I'd hoped. It's more of a light grey - I imagine it's similar to the alphas of GMK Muted (although I've never owned a set).
      • Colour uniformity is quite variable in my opinion. In the photo I've attached, 'M' , 'Del', 'Pg Dn' are a tad bit whiter than some of the other 1u keys, and a lot whiter than the space bars. This isn't just how it looks in this picture/with this lighting. Quite disappointing.
      • Packaging is poor - just a battered up plain cardboard box wrapped in bubble wrap (as is expected from ePBT).

So, in summary:

Considering the price - these cost ~80 USD if I remember correctly - I'd recommend them to people on a budget who don't want to pay the extra cash for a GMK set, or don't want to buy a GMK set for whatever other reason. I've never owned a GMK set (Modern Dolch is the first I've ordered), but I imagine you get what you pay for. From my experience with this set and previous ePBT sets (blanks), it seems that with ePBT you get bad packaging and less than ideal colour uniformity.

However, if you are like me and you'd rather spend a little bit extra for quality, I'd recommend you consider looking at alternatives. For people with high-end keyboards that want perfect-quality sets, this probably isn't for you. I decided to make the jump from the budget end of the hobby (my only keyboard is a Pok3r) to the "endgame" (Moon RAMA M60-A on the way), and I hoped that ePBT BoW would become my go-to classic white set for my M60-A - much like what I imagine GMK Stormtrooper to be (again, never owned a set). I think it probably won't be :(

If anybody is interested, my future keyboard plans are to sell my Pok3r once my M60-A arrives and be done with buying keyboards. I'll continue to experiment with keycaps, but I'll try and wait until GMK Modern Dolch arrives so that I can definitively decide whether to look to GMK or ePBT for my future purchases.

Show Image

Very good points. I will make sure to bring up the issue of colour consistency. Regarding the colour though, attached is a comparison between GMK stormtrooper and Epbt BoW
      The colour balance is off but I think that GMK stormtrooper is even less white. The alphas of GMK Monochrome will be whiter than epbt BoW though.

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 24 September 2018, 22:50:56 »
      Very good points. I will make sure to bring up the issue of colour consistency. Regarding the colour though, attached is a comparison between GMK stormtrooper and Epbt BoW
      The colour balance is off but I think that GMK stormtrooper is even less white. The alphas of GMK Monochrome will be whiter than epbt BoW though.

Wow, I'm surprised by your pictures - would have expected Stormtrooper to be a lot brighter. Yeah the colour consistency is quite disappointing. The set would be pretty perfect otherwise. Thanks for the reply!

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #140 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 02:59:46 »
      My keycaps are perfectly fine, regarding color. They are consistent.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #141 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 07:53:21 »
      Got my set in today. 6.25 space bar doesn't fit on a novatouch due to the spacing of the stems and the stabilizer housings on the novatouch. Other than that the set looks sweet.

That's a common "issue" between ePBT and Novatouches... you can simply trim off the extra stem slot on the spacebar w/ some clippers and it'll work fine. I've done this before and I didn't have issues using said spacebar on a different keyboard either but I guess YMMV.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 08:37:44 »

Show Image

I pretty much respectfully disagree with the majority of your post.

If you compare ePBT BoW to any other cherry profile BoW set on the market (GMK Stormtrooper, Pristine, JTK Stormtrooper) ePBT is undeniably the "whitest" so I think it's unfair to insinuate that it is below standard. Additionally, it's PBT unlike the others which are ABS which is a big selling factor for some folks... from a durability standpoint in addition to a "yellowing" standpoint which ABS will inherently do over time at a much faster rate than PBT and it is more dramatic with a white.

My sets uniformity is completely consistent from a color standpoint and I would argue that as a white it's more likely to show dirt.

The packaging isn't the greatest but it also isn't the worst. Most ePBT sets come in a foam tray and these just came in a box- however the cost of these was very competitive compared to other ePBT sets (you get 159 keys!) and none of mine arrived damaged. As a packaging professional, this seems more than adequate compared to other solutions of simply just getting them in bags in a bubble mailer.

I got rid of my BoW sets in anticipation of this and I'm happy for it- this is IMO hands down the best option on the market for a BoW set when balancing quality and cost.

Thanks again to KBDfans and gok101 for making this a reality.

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #143 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:26:58 »

Show Image

If you compare ePBT BoW to any other cherry profile BoW set on the market (GMK Stormtrooper, Pristine, JTK Stormtrooper) ePBT is undeniably the "whitest" so I think it's unfair to insinuate that it is below standard. Additionally, it's PBT unlike the others which are ABS which is a big selling factor for some folks... from a durability standpoint in addition to a "yellowing" standpoint which ABS will inherently do over time at a much faster rate than PBT and it is more dramatic with a white.

My sets uniformity is completely consistent from a color standpoint and I would argue that as a white it's more likely to show dirt.

The packaging isn't the greatest but it also isn't the worst. Most ePBT sets come in a foam tray and these just came in a box- however the cost of these was very competitive compared to other ePBT sets (you get 159 keys!) and none of mine arrived damaged. As a packaging professional, this seems more than adequate compared to other solutions of simply just getting them in bags in a bubble mailer.

I got rid of my BoW sets in anticipation of this and I'm happy for it- this is IMO hands down the best option on the market for a BoW set when balancing quality and cost.

I am also happy with my set. It is simple, in a good way. I like it

Offline suddenZenith

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:47:19 »
      I got my set and all 3 spacebars are warped beyond usability. This is a surprise considering the delay to fix the spacebars.

I thought I was part of the second batch with good spacebars, what happened?

Offline Gacct

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 11:51:59 »

That's a common "issue" between ePBT and Novatouches... you can simply trim off the extra stem slot on the spacebar w/ some clippers and it'll work fine. I've done this before and I didn't have issues using said spacebar on a different keyboard either but I guess YMMV.

Yep this is what I was planning on doing, just didn't get around to doing it before taking the picture. Never had ePBT before so never knew it had stems like that on the space bar. Not a big issue at all, I am pleased with the set.

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
      « Reply #146 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 12:31:44 »
      It's a really white set, I love it. Exception that I'm missing the 2@ key  :))

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #147 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 13:41:49 »
      I got my set and all 3 spacebars are warped beyond usability. This is a surprise considering the delay to fix the spacebars.

If the spacebars are unusable, it's not fulfilling its function so I'd contact KBDfans about it.
      PBT in general is prone to warping and even if measures were taken to reduce it, it won't be completely eliminated and there will be varying degrees of warp depending on your luck.

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
        • Carolina Mech
      « Reply #148 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 14:33:23 »

Same here. I guess I will try and use a hair dryer on them.

Offline Krakyn

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 23:18:51 »

Happy to have conversations like this. Looking at pictures posted by gok101, I now agree that the ePBT set is the "whitest". I'm glad that your set uniformity is good, but I'm personally not thrilled with my set.

Offline KawabataLuis

« Reply #150 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 22:38:08 »
      Hello there,

I finally received my set. I am really liking the colorway and quality of the set.

I wasn't saved from having a warped spacebar but will comment on my next request on the kbdfans site. I wasn't going to post anything here but when I double checked something that seemed wrong, I kinda had to.

204389-0204391-1

I'm sorry about the photo quality, just took them with my phone.

Anybody else got a 'u' key with wrong row profile? :))

Loved the set anyway  ;)

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 26 September 2018, 22:53:44 »
      I received my set today as well.  I laid out all of the keys so I can see if I'm missing any keys and I noticed some nice differences.

The R3 PgDn key was missing, but I don't need a 2nd R3 PgDn.  Good news is that I got a 2nd 2.25u shift if I ever get a FC660M.

I got 2x1.25u and 2x1u Super keys.  I rather use these than the diamond icons.

/ and * on the numpad got changed.

1.5u Fn key is now Function spelled out.

So far I love the set!

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #152 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 00:14:20 »
      Hello there,

I finally received my set. I am really liking the colorway and quality of the set.

I wasn't saved from having a warped spacebar but will comment on my next request on the kbdfans site. I wasn't going to post anything here but when I double checked something that seemed wrong, I kinda had to.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Loved the set anyway  ;)

I've been seeing a lot wrong profiled keys and missing keys. Please contact KBDfans about this as it really isn't acceptable so you should get replacements.

I received my set today as well.  I laid out all of the keys so I can see if I'm missing any keys and I noticed some nice differences.

The R3 PgDn key was missing, but I don't need a 2nd R3 PgDn.  Good news is that I got a 2nd 2.25u shift if I ever get a FC660M.
      Show Image

I got 2x1.25u and 2x1u Super keys.  I rather use these than the diamond icons.
      Show Image

/ and * on the numpad got changed.
      Show Image

1.5u Fn key is now Function spelled out.
      Show Image

So far I love the set!

There was an update and reconfirmation of the keys. The extra R3 PgDn was redundant and was a mistake so that was removed. The extra Super keys were added really late but I thought it was a good idea as it allows for a full text bottom row which is preference for many. I'm glad you like the set!

Offline 8six753o9

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 00:22:33 »
      There was an update and reconfirmation of the keys. The extra R3 PgDn was redundant and was a mistake so that was removed. The extra Super keys were added really late but I thought it was a good idea as it allows for a full text bottom row which is preference for many. I'm glad you like the set!
      I love all the choices you made! Thank you!

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:07:16 »
      Just received my set. It looks fantastic. And don't worry, the keys are very white. Whiter than an XBOX One controller.

Sadly, my set is missing one key, the >. key  :'(
      And I believe I have an extra 1u diamond key.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #155 on: Thu, 27 September 2018, 13:46:43 »
      Hello there,

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Loved the set anyway  ;)

My U is the correct profile.  :(

Offline deathrole

« Reply #156 on: Sat, 29 September 2018, 10:44:23 »

Can you provide pictures of your warped spacebars?

Offline construed

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 08:36:59 »
      I just realised, after receiving my set, that the Colevrak kit is missing the = key for Dvorak. Is there any chance of a fix? I should've spotted this before ordering  :-X

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #158 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 13:06:44 »
      I just realised, after receiving my set, that the Colevrak kit is missing the = key for Dvorak. Is there any chance of a fix? I should've spotted this before ordering  :-X
      Is this the only key that Dvorak is missing? I'll talk to KBDfans about this but you may have to wait for R2 to be made for this key.

Offline construed

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 30 September 2018, 16:54:33 »
      Is this the only key that Dvorak is missing? I'll talk to KBDfans about this but you may have to wait for R2 to be made for this key.

Yes, it's the only key that the Colevrak kit is missing. I'll certainly wait until R2 if the key wasn't produced.

Offline Wetherbee

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 07:52:53 »

I'm really interested in R2 but sad that it doesn't have LED windowed Capslock or Scroll lock.

Hoping for a capacative version too someday.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:00:37 »
      Might have been mentioned already, but does R2 fix the spacebar warping?

Offline gok_nz

• Enjoy your PBT
        • Website
      « Reply #162 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 23:37:00 »

Yes, it's the only key that the Colevrak kit is missing. I'll certainly wait until R2 if the key wasn't produced.
      I have added it to the design file and notified KBDfans so the replacements should be manufactured along with R2.

I have heard that it is better but to be honest, it is still not free of issues from what I've heard from people that were in the second batch.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 14:48:45 »

I have added it to the design file and notified KBDfans so the replacements should be manufactured along with R2.

I have heard that it is better but to be honest, it is still not free of issues from what I've heard from people that were in the second batch.
      My spacebars from the second batch were almost ok, but I had to straighten one of them with a hairdryer. No big deal.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #164 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 16:55:58 »
      Just lay it flat and blow it?

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
      « Reply #165 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:28:44 »

:p

I've seen people rig up flattening "jigs" involving two rigid flat pieces (like rulers or similar) and use rubberbands to tension/tighten them as a clamp and then apply heat and let it cool inside the "jig". I'm not bold enough to just heat it up and caveman twist it back into shape freehand, but YMMV. It mainly depends on if the spacebar is warped just on the Y axis (up down) or if it's also on the Z-axis (front-back), so if you straighten it on the Y, it may result in (or stay) warped on the Z.
      « Last Edit: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:53:00 by Zuology »
      More
      75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
      TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
      Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #166 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 17:57:16 »
      Thanks - I'll probably give it a try eventually. Mine isn't too bad.

Offline Endeavour1934

« Reply #167 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 04:29:11 »
      Not just that, applying heat will increase the natural tendency of the plastic to warp even more.

I usually apply heat on the underside with a hairdryer for about... 10 seconds?, and then I flip it and then force the new shape by pressing it on both extremes over a flat surface (if you have an eye for manual works, you can do it just with your hands). Be careful with the sides and don't apply pressure on them if it's not needed, just be sure they are not warped too.
      Then you can wait for it to harden or apply cold water over it.

If it's still warped, you can repeat this procedure again.

I've done this procedure with dozens of keys, and not just spacebars: Sometimes other keys like right shift, enter, numpad + and numpad enter also are slightly warped. For smaller keys you need to apply more force though.
      « Last Edit: Wed, 24 October 2018, 04:32:24 by Endeavour1934 »

Offline towhatend

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 12:34:18 »
      Does any one who ordered the international kit have any missing keycaps? This one is missing for me:

Offline soilheart

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 14:09:06 »
      Does any one who ordered the international kit have any missing keycaps? This one is missing for me:
      Show Image

Laid out my caps and realized I missed a lot of caps, before I realized I had them on my board... including the one you are missing.

So nope, not missing any key, at least not the ´` key.
      (K70 -  Brown) --- Pok3r - Clear --- Ducky Shine4 - Clear --- WKL B.face X2 - 67g Zealios --- CP-SQ - 78g Zealios --- RS68 - 62g Zealios
      (Sold/retired - To be built)

Offline tiydal

Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed
      « Reply #170 on: Sun, 25 November 2018, 16:16:59 »
      Is there a comparison image of the changes in r2 from r1?

Specifically this "modified some of the characters and font" from the kbdfans store.

Offline dorf

• divine creator
      Re: [GB]Enjoypbt Black on White with Icon Mods 159Keys---completed
      « Reply #171 on: Thu, 27 December 2018, 16:42:20 »
      Got the keys a week ago and I like them alot. I like the updates between 9009 and this set especially print screen and pause. Now all I need is text mods and windowed caps and scroll lock, both classic beige and BoW.