Author Topic: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - GB 1/23 10AM PST  (Read 83406 times)

Offline Suavity

• Smile more! 🙂
Re: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - Prototype 1 Received!
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 16:14:02 »

Pulling this from Discord:

"No, because of covid and because of privacy reasons
You'll have to pay for shipping, unfortunately even if you live close to me in the Bay Area."

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 28 August 2020, 18:17:02 »
Mystic Works End of August Update

Wyvern Completion:
- I am finalizing case data for a second prototype. Main changes that will need to be made are the mounting for the weight to make it more solid (it flexes a little bit if it , and changes to how the cable is routed inside the case (pending PCB arrival)}
- PCB is complete, QMK/VIA implementations are close to/nearing completion. Maarten tells me that there is one small issue with the PCB but it has already been fixed for production files. I do not think I will be supporting split space bars on either PCB nor plate. I would have to deal with logistically helping people with obtaining new plate files, incorrect plates, and it would add more complexity and room for error on top of the already very complex PCB due to the many numpad options.
- I am ready to build the prototype once PCB arrives.

Timeline Updates:
- Prototypes/PCB are on track for late September GB, but still depends on timing of prototype 2 as well as how early I can send it to someone to build. Expect a GB between September and October.  Delivery at the most optimistic will be 3-4 months later, but expect delays as usual. MOQ of 150, limit of 300 ish, although I'm willing to bend on the limits if they really are surpassed.

Logistical Information:
- I will likely take over shipping/fulfillment for all international shipments as well as those heading to the USA. I have a vendor for Canada, but I still need to finalize some things so it's not official yet.
- If you live in a USA state that is NOT CA you will not have to pay taxes, only shipping. People who live in CA will have to pay state/local taxes.
- If you live in an international country, you will have to pay duties/VAT/customs fees yourself. Only the cost of the board needs to be paid to me.
- The reason for this is to simplify my logistics as well as allowing me to ensure the level of QC that I want.

Also, price has been updated; likely will go for $385 + ship/tax/duties (down from 400) for a black unit with any plate; e-white will be a couple dollars on top. Extra plates/PCBs will be available.

As always I apologize for the large delays recently, which has pushed back a groupbuy by two months. Unfortunately, I can't really do anything about it, and I appreciate everyone's patience in allowing me time to get everything finalized and finished. Hopefully, the board will be worth the wait! :)

Nice! Thanks for the update! I'm assuming you're also in CA which is why taxes will be charged if we're in CA. If you were also in the SF Bay Area, could you offer like some sort of pick up option to save on shipping fees and time?

You'll have to pay for shipping, unfortunately even if you live close to me in the Bay Area."

Yeah, I'd rather not have people showing up at my house to pick up keyboards, due to both covid and privacy reasons. Shipping will be cheaper if you're close by.

Offline aadk5

• AKA: feeebleminded
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 10:50:32 »

Yeah, I'd rather not have people showing up at my house to pick up keyboards, due to both covid and privacy reasons. Shipping will be cheaper if you're close by.

Got it, makes sense. Just wanted to check!

Offline VXQN

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 29 August 2020, 15:10:57 »
Very cool to see how close we are to the GB. It's a great board, you should be proud!

Offline Nerdbot5000

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 01:40:24 »
Looks great! What's the front height on this?

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 10:30:11 »
Looks great! What's the front height on this?

Front height is about 18mm. Should be comfortable for most people.

Very cool to see how close we are to the GB. It's a great board, you should be proud!

Thank you!

Quick update: PCBs are shipping, foam samples have arrived. Prototype should be built sometime this week, hopefully!  :thumb:

Offline zoo

• zoo
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 02:28:01 »
The layout looks really interesting to me. Would you consider making PCBs available separately from the case itself?

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 18:24:56 »
The layout looks really interesting to me. Would you consider making PCBs available separately from the case itself?

Sorry, they won't be available separately, but you can buy extra PCBs for a kit.

Offline Hesi

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 02:45:38 »
This is actually 100% what I've been looking for. I'm in if I make it in time!

Offline Rubydestroyer

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 22:28:48 »
Quick update: PCBs are shipping, foam samples have arrived. Prototype should be built sometime this week, hopefully!  :thumb:

Is the pcb stuck in mail again? This thing is cursed, I swear.
Looking forwards to the complete proto!
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 September 2020, 22:31:05 by Rubydestroyer »

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 22:34:04 »

Is the pcb stuck in mail again? This thing is cursed, I swear.
Looking forwards to the complete proto!

Ooh, on that note, PCBs are en route to my home! They were due to arrive today but... hopefully tomorrow. Build stream @ 5pm PST https://www.twitch.tv/mysticworkskb tomorrow if nothing goes horribly wrong with the shipping!

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
Re: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - Prototype Build Stream @ 4pm PST TOMORROW
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 18:15:10 »
PCBs have arrived! Beautiful matte black finish, absolutely love them. A big shoutout to Evy for doing these, very nice to work with.

Very excited to build these up tomorrow during the build stream. I'll be building the black prototype with H1 switches @ https://www.twitch.tv/mysticworkskb at 4pm PST tomorrow (9/17)! Hope to see some of y'all there.

« Last Edit: Mon, 19 October 2020, 15:58:47 by mysticworks »

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
Re: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - Prototype Built! 2nd Prototype Soon.
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 11:02:49 »
Prototype 2 being shipped right now!

https://imgur.com/a/XS8zc83 << Factory pictures here
The second picture shows the only flaw the factory found- accumulation of the E-coating on one of the spots for a foot to go. I've been assured this won't be an issue in the production run.

Coating looks great as far as I can tell. I'll be going through all changes that I made since the first prototype on another build stream!
We should be on track for a GB launch on 10/31 or so, but might have to push it back another week.
Also, VIA compatibility has been finished, and will be enabled out of the box. Just install VIA for easy key mapping.

Offline phatmasterq

Re: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - 2nd Prototype Pictures on Page 3!
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 20:22:06 »
this is soooo wonderful. i'm relatively new and i've been waiting for the right board for my first proper custom GB order and build. this will be it. southpaw (with separator), separated arrows and a few macro buttons on the rhs - dreamville for me. can't wait. great job. i'll let others nitpik, i'm diving in.

Offline That_Shark

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 18:16:53 »
This is perfect for me, I'm in! Fingers-crossed

Offline That_Shark

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 19:33:16 »
We should be on track for a GB launch on 10/31 or so, but might have to push it back another week.

Any update to this?

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 08 November 2020, 12:55:13 »

Any update to this?

Family issues have come up. Will need to be pushing it back. Very sorry about the delays.

Offline xanserkx

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 19:13:13 »
What a beautiful keyboard with a quite affordable price
AIS65 - Merisi Ottantaquatro - Rama Zenith - Emery65 - TGR Tomo - Hex 4B - Cablecar Design Angel - Hand Engineering Haus - TX HJ75 - Parallel Limited Portal

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 19:39:03 »
very interested in trying a southpaw...digging this one

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 17:21:28 »
What a beautiful keyboard with a quite affordable price

very interested in trying a southpaw...digging this one

Thanks.

As an update: Possibly start on 28th, as I'm sorting out bank stuff this week after family issues have cleared up over the last month. Sorry everyone for the unprecedented further delays. I'll do a GB thread once everything is finalized.

lmfao more crap came up
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 December 2020, 12:03:26 by mysticworks »

Offline vinyldoodles

Re: [IC] Wyvern - 65% + Southpaw Numpad - Final Preparation
« Reply #120 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 02:18:07 »
Dreamy.

Offline SirKhamenman

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 05 December 2020, 02:42:09 »
Following this! 65% + numpad = perfect for my work

Offline mysticworks

• Mystic Works
« Reply #122 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 21:20:23 »
GB thread awaiting approval now! Thanks for coming along for the ride, everyone. Locking!