Author Topic: Need help with boot problem  (Read 1156 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline fohat.digs

  • * Elevated Elder
  • Thread Starter
  • Posts: 6567
  • Location: 35°55'N, 83°53'W
  • weird funny old guy
Need help with boot problem
« on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 14:32:28 »
I got a Focus 2001 with 4 bad switches which I replaced.

Now, when I try to boot up, all 3 LEDs come on and stay on, so there is connection and power, but nothing happens from any of the keys.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - it has an unmarked switch, presumably for XT/AT, and I have tried it both ways with the same results.
"When you use the AI, all this information goes into our amazing super mind."
- D Trump 2026-09-28
yea, right, what could go wrong?

Offline spiceBar

  • Posts: 998
    • ChessTiger.com
Re: Need help with boot problem
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 February 2014, 15:39:44 »
I got a Focus 2001 with 4 bad switches which I replaced.

Now, when I try to boot up, all 3 LEDs come on and stay on, so there is connection and power, but nothing happens from any of the keys.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

PS - it has an unmarked switch, presumably for XT/AT, and I have tried it both ways with the same results.

I think the LEDs should not stay on but you know that already.

An idea: connect a second keyboard to the computer and press Caps Lock on the second keyboard. Does the Caps Lock LED on the faulty keyboard follow the other one? If not, it could mean the connexion to the computer is not working. Check this first by connecting two working keyboards on your computer (the "Caps LED follows" behavior may be system-specific).