Author Topic: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - Retooled Chinese Legends!  (Read 37348 times)

Offline grundlemere

Re: [IC] GMK Shanshui 山水 - Retooled Chinese Legends!
« Reply #150 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 11:54:01 »
Everyone! Wanted to make sure you saw the new retooled legends I created to meet GMK's machining specs. Kit and board renders will be out soon, but here they are:

Here's a link to download a full-size image and see all the detail

I've spent the last couple of weeks completely overhauling the legends to meet the specs: adding cutaways to minute interior spaces, broadening strokes, narrowing and straightening negative space, rounding corners, and in a few cases, simplifying elements altogether. More detail on the process in the main post.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #151 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 11:55:30 »
If money allows, will 100% get this set. It can literally go with any color keeb

Thanks Donny! We're hopeful the stock colors will keep the price down despite the considerable cost of all the new legends. Certainly an R2 will be very affordable, but R1 still has to happen to make it so.

Offline ABABA

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 14:30:13 »
Amazing! Really appreciate the work you put in to make cangjie sublegends a reality, can't wait to get this :)
I do have a question - I noticed that both 陸 and 貳 are in simplified rather than traditional on the numpads for the trad set, was that intentional? It seems a bit out of place to me.

Offline sup3r170va

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 18:22:39 »
Love this set. Personally I think BoW would sell better, and fit the 山水 title better  :))

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 18:37:11 »
Amazing! Really appreciate the work you put in to make cangjie sublegends a reality, can't wait to get this :)
I do have a question - I noticed that both 陸 and 貳 are in simplified rather than traditional on the numpads for the trad set, was that intentional? It seems a bit out of place to me.

Ah! Good catch. Looks like I will need to fix these on final round.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 22 November 2020, 18:38:39 »
Love this set. Personally I think BoW would sell better, and fit the 山水 title better  :))

I think this will happen in round 2! I generally agree, but the design happened before the theme, and our early supporters really preferred WoB. Once we get this set made, I would like to explore offering both in a second round.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 08:09:58 »
Couple of fixes to the numpad to ensure correct Traditional Chinese financial characters are used, thanks to ABABA

Online MilkTea_QAQ

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 08:12:01 »
Couple of fixes to the numpad to ensure correct Traditional Chinese financial characters are used, thanks to ABABA

Show Image

Show Image

Why is the numpad enter different from the alpha’s enter? They should be the same right? Kinda weird if you ask me.

Offline grundlemere

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 08:28:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Why is the numpad enter different from the alpha’s enter? They should be the same right? Kinda weird if you ask me.

Not in most cases according to the conventions that I extensively researched. Do you know the characters? It's like the difference between "return" and "enter". The return key 回车 is literally "return carriage," as on an old typewriter, while 输入  is "enter sum" as on a calculator.