Author Topic: KeyCon 2020 Denver - June 13  (Read 82046 times)

Offline cpryland

Re: KeyCon 2020 Denver - June 13
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 09:34:01 »
Fear is a normal reaction to this type of outbreak. However, I would ask people not use social media as a source of news for anything COVID-19 related. Perspective is important here. Car accidents kill 6 million people in the US every year. In comparison, there have been a bit over 3,000 confirmed deaths from coronavirus in all of China, the epicenter of the outbreak. I'm not saying the situation isn't serious, because it is. But when I feel my own anxiety rising, that is something I use to bring myself back down.

While your overall recommendations seem great, I have to correct one thing.

There are 6 million car accidents in the US, of which 6% result in death.  (see https://www.driverknowledge.com/car-accident-statistics/)

Offline phorx

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #201 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 10:35:57 »
I hope this event doesn't get delayed or cancelled, but if it does, I hope that it's done soon to give me a chance to make arrangements and try to get tickets etc. refunded.

Offline jacobsmirror

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:25:09 »
I hope this event doesn't get delayed or cancelled, but if it does, I hope that it's done soon to give me a chance to make arrangements and try to get tickets etc. refunded.
Whelp, we are hoping for the same thing. Luckily we have a little more time to let this play out. The planning committee is watching everything as closely as we can.
OTD 356mini :: HHKB Pro1 :: KeyCult No.1

Offline TheGreatIceDrake

« Reply #203 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 15:41:05 »
Fear is a normal reaction to this type of outbreak. However, I would ask people not use social media as a source of news for anything COVID-19 related. Perspective is important here. Car accidents kill 6 million people in the US every year. In comparison, there have been a bit over 3,000 confirmed deaths from coronavirus in all of China, the epicenter of the outbreak. I'm not saying the situation isn't serious, because it is. But when I feel my own anxiety rising, that is something I use to bring myself back down.

While your overall recommendations seem great, I have to correct one thing.

There are 6 million car accidents in the US, of which 6% result in death.  (see https://www.driverknowledge.com/car-accident-statistics/)

Thanks! Fixed that a few days ago. Clearly struggling to proof before hitting post.

Offline TaurusTrades

• Taurus trades Etsy Store
« Reply #204 on: Sat, 21 March 2020, 19:31:40 »
I'll be keeping tabs and praying the event will still be possible  :'(

Offline phorx

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 22 March 2020, 09:37:22 »
I have flights booked but if the opportunity to cancel for free comes up Ill be taking advantage.  Prices have plummeted lately so rebooking will yield a nice savings.