Author Topic: [IC] GMK High Voltage v1.5 [Live Now]  (Read 35730 times)

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
[IC] GMK High Voltage v1.5 [Live Now]
« on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 11:52:57 »

(v1.5) We are now live! The groupbuy link can be found at https://kono.store/products/gmk-high-voltage?variant=31271717830739. Thanks for supporting us!

Introducing GMK High Voltage (v1.5)!

This set was largely inspired by wiring diagrams, control panels, and hightech-looking things that bring out a sense of wonder and respect for the capabilities and awesomeness of technology. Electricity has quickly become such an integral part of our lives since it was first discovered; it's in our pockets and our desks, a fingertip away. With all our love for keyboards and their aesthetics, acoustics, and feel, sometimes we neglect what make the keys type. It's in part to the little resistors and other components, and this set draws inspiration from them and the electricity that powers our boards, paying homage to the romanticization of technology and intelligence in movies and TV shows that have brought out a love in us for all things scientific and cool.

----------------------------------------
Fill out the interest form here! https://forms.gle/8Dhm6ri9kAV6vAVF9.
Additionally, please let us know if you're interested in any upcoming or planned pieces of the set!
----------------------------------------

Colors

The colors started off as being inspired by the classic Iron Man red and gold scheme, but was slowly tweaked into a more sleek and poppy color scheme with the neutral black. A dash of electric blue helps to dial up the theme to 11. Altogether this scheme is one whole package, and it fits well with most other colors, so don't worry if your desk or case is a completely different color.
High Voltage looks dashing with any setup!

-----------------------------------------

Kits

Base Kit

(v1.2: now with less blue!) With the Base Kit, you'll get this fantastic color scheme in an array of keys that will fit most keyboards, whether 60% or fullsize, numpad included. In addition to just the base keys, you'll get some bottom row mods that will perfectly accent the electric theme. As usual, the Base Kit is subject to change as the campaign progresses. We want to make sure price and utility is balanced as well as possible, so people can enjoy a set that's both cost-effective and useful to them.

P.S. The alphas and keys in the base set are all GMK Standard. Some of the renders down there look otherwise (e.g. smaller letters or something), but rest assured the real deal will be all up to spec. Thanks!

(v1.1 Updated to fit both US and UK ISO)! You'll also get all of these things, so there's no need to worry if you have some wacko setup. High Voltage is made for everyone!. (Really though, if you have something really really strange please let us know so we can do our best to accommodate you as well). Cheers!

Novelties

Want the rest of the power at your fingertips (at least the fantasy of controlling some sort of advanced futuristic equipment thing)? With the Novelties Kit, you'll get the accent keys with crisp, smooth electrical engineering decals, as well as a row of "command buttons" for your F1-F12 that is sure to spark your imagination. It's cool! Novelties are easily interchangeable with the base kit, so place them how you see fit! Customize to your heart's content!

(v1.3) Four R4 1.5 Novelties added for Ctrl and Alt, if you're running TKL or something.

Spacebar Kit

Spacebars! Pretty self-explanatory. Includes a regular-size black one for a sleeker look!

Ortho Kit

To accommodate any cool setup you have!

Renders and Concept Art! (most recent first)

Vendors and Pricing
North America - kono.store
Europe - mykeyboard.eu
Asia - en.zfrontier.com
Canada - deskhero.ca

Pricing!
Base kit - 149.99
Novelties - 74.99
Spacebar - 19.99
Ortho - 49.99

RAMA Keycaps

Deskmat (finalized)

Groupbuy Dates
The US release is scheduled for December 14, 2019, and will run for roughly four weeks! Right in time for a holiday preorder present!
Other region dates to be finalized, but expect them to be around the same time.
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 December 2019, 14:32:35 by TokyoExpress »

Offline AlcoholEnthusiast

Re: [IC] GMK High Voltage
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:06:15 »
Not bad! I would like to see an add on kit that has black mods/spacebars for someone that wants a more muted look.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:07:43 »
Very nice, not surprisingly, the colors also remind me of the Shocker.

Looking forward to the ortho kit.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:13:00 »
Not bad! I would like to see an add on kit that has black mods/spacebars for someone that wants a more muted look.

We can look into that! Added to the interest form also.

Offline rrsurmeier

• Attachments
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:14:18 »
I would like a red iso key in this set.

but other than that, this set is looking good!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:19:11 »
I would like a red iso key in this set.

but other than that, this set is looking good!

done!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:33:18 »
I like split bars in the base set as much as any, but my guess is that people would prefer a spacebars kit.

Offline Nivengoh

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:46:31 »
Looks really good, but if possible please include 1.5u design novelties modifiers. Pretty sure would like to use 7u spacebar which means 1.5u ctrl & alt with a 1u windows key.
KBD8x | E8-V1 | Xeno 75 | RAMA U80-A

Offline rooski15

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:47:43 »
As a controls engineer, these novelties speak to me.

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 12:48:38 »
I'm gonna say it, kits look kinda bad. I recommend looking at other GMK sets to see what a good kit setup would look like.

My b, I can't read. Thought the second pic of the base was a separate kit. Makes it much better that it's included, though the second "normal" bottom row seems like an odd choice that'll bump cost up.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:40:05 by donutcat »

Offline HWHobby

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 13:11:27 »
I think I might have found the perfect set for my Michael Schumacher G80 case:

10 keycaps sets and this is the first time ever I am trying to cover a 104/105 key layout lol

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:04:56 »
Looks really good, but if possible please include 1.5u design novelties modifiers. Pretty sure would like to use 7u spacebar which means 1.5u ctrl & alt with a 1u windows key.

will work on that as well
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 August 2019, 14:06:28 by TokyoExpress »

Offline KickDrumsandRedWine

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 22:01:23 »
Much interest, would look really good for my 90% build I'm planning

Offline jasonex64

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 12:59:19 »
This looks great! It fits my tastes perfectly as an engineer

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 13:25:21 »
I'd like to chime in to point out a minor problem in the "base kit cont'd" regarding ISO support. As the kit stands now, you've got neither full UK ISO support nor US ISO support, but are instead falling "in the middle of the pond", producing something called "Atlantis ISO". To fix this in the base kit, you have two (ok, three) options:

1) Complete the US ISO support. To do this, replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key instead. The R4 \| key has to remain.

2) Complete the UK ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the missing key in R3: '@.

3) Offer full UK+US ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the two missing keys in R3: '@ and \|.

Hope this helps!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 14:41:46 »
I'd like to chime in to point out a minor problem in the "base kit cont'd" regarding ISO support. As the kit stands now, you've got neither full UK ISO support nor US ISO support, but are instead falling "in the middle of the pond", producing something called "Atlantis ISO". To fix this in the base kit, you have two (ok, three) options:

1) Complete the US ISO support. To do this, replace the R3 #~ key with an R3 \| key instead. The R4 \| key has to remain.

2) Complete the UK ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the missing key in R3: '@.

3) Offer full UK+US ISO support. To do this, do not remove anything, add the three missing keys in R1: , 2" and , and add the two missing keys in R3: '@ and \|.

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I think we'll lean towards the US ISO then unless there's high demand for the UK as well.

Offline e11i0t23

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 06:39:33 »

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I think we'll lean towards the US ISO then unless there's high demand for the UK as well.

Personally if you do lean towards US if you could still keep #~ key as well preferably tho i would say iso UK would be better but i would still buy with either as i love the design

Offline EMC Labs

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 06:44:58 »
Cool design, love the novelties.

Offline UltimateCheeze

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 07:34:06 »
For that RAMA cap, I would love to see brass or yellow aluminium with black enamel warning sign sort of like the Oblivion RAMA cap was made.

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 10:55:14 »
This looks so nice, I want to slap it on a red body!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 08:56:08 »
Looking at the renders, I get a feeling that this set will look much better in SP-SA, very engaging colour scheme.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 21 August 2019, 18:06:04 »
Have you ever made your own. Schematic? I feel like this set would be awesome if the colors matched a real schematic capture program like OrCad Capture. The set and it’s novelties and icons are awesome. The colors are just hideous though. Nothing about these colors reminds me of high voltage or being an electrical engineer.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 04:54:13 »
Have you ever made your own. Schematic? I feel like this set would be awesome if the colors matched a real schematic capture program like OrCad Capture. The set and it’s novelties and icons are awesome. The colors are just hideous though. Nothing about these colors reminds me of high voltage or being an electrical engineer.

sorry, maybe next time

Offline leovu

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:03:07 »
i love it
 ;D ;D

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Re: [IC] GMK High Voltage v1.1 (New Kits and Updates!)
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:29:55 »
Hello!

We are currently looking into potentially doing the following:

- Splitting the numpad into a kit of its own to reduce price of the base kit
- Moving the 1u and spacebar novelties to the novelty kit (also to reduce price)

Please do let us know if you feel a certain way about these changes so we can make a more informed decision!

The updated interest form can be found here: https://forms.gle/8Dhm6ri9kAV6vAVF9

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 11:35:36 »

sorry, maybe next time

As in you never have probably drawn your own schematic. Checks out.

Offline Chaselicious17

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 11:37:06 »
So many cool concepts in this! I LOVE the centered legends on the numpad and the spacebar legend. Very electric

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 12:34:31 »
Aren't the centered legends in the pics the result of the renders? Or are there going to be centered GMK caps?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #28 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 14:14:55 »
Hello!

We are currently looking into potentially doing the following:

- Splitting the numpad into a kit of its own to reduce price of the base kit
- Moving the 1u and spacebar novelties to the novelty kit (also to reduce price)

Please do let us know if you feel a certain way about these changes so we can make a more informed decision!

The updated interest form can be found here: https://forms.gle/8Dhm6ri9kAV6vAVF9

+1 for spinning off the numpad

Questions:
1. Are you considering 1u sizes for the special bottom row you have in the base kit?
2. For the 1u blue legend novelties, will you consider spreading them across all the rows? Keen on this.
3. In the same vein as number three, how about novelties for the split modifiers e.g. 1.75u right shift? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 August 2019, 20:45:45 by lush_bunny »

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 16:42:51 »
I'll buy the set if I get Fugkotsu win today

Offline Jaxxstatic

• Haptic Recon
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 16:45:22 »
But seriously, though, having been a cable guy, i like this set, even though compared to my normal taste, I normally wouldn't. I'm in.

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 18:11:03 »
Wow.
Cool set.  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 04:38:54 »
Even manofinterests says the colors kinda blow?

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 00:15:35 »
Even manofinterests says the colors kinda blow?

i'm still tinkering with the color scheme right now. considering removing the blue and adjusting the accent colors
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2019, 02:08:02 by TokyoExpress »

Offline jasonex64

« Reply #34 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 03:44:58 »
this set keeps getting better and better! I can see a lot of POTENTIAL in this set haha ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline jasonex64

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 03:46:06 »
Hmm, these keycaps would look great on my koyu! would like to see the numpad split as well!

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Re: [IC] GMK High Voltage v1.2 (Vendor info coming soon!)
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 03:36:50 »
v1.2 update

working out things with the vendors ASAP, so expect some news on that in the near future!

we've updated the color scheme a little, so the only blue left is in the word novelties and the numpad.

at the time we still haven't received enough interest in splitting the numpad off, so we are keeping it in the base set to reduce the number of sets and different amounts of MOQ needed.

please continue to fill out the interest form and let us know what you think!

RAMA and deskmat also coming soon.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #37 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 05:03:57 »
v1.2 update

working out things with the vendors ASAP, so expect some news on that in the near future!

we've updated the color scheme a little, so the only blue left is in the word novelties and the numpad.

at the time we still haven't received enough interest in splitting the numpad off, so we are keeping it in the base set to reduce the number of sets and different amounts of MOQ needed.

No chance of splitting the numpad for its own kit? Also, no novelties for split backspace and right shift? Thanks!

Offline Starius

Ooooooh, I really dig the looks of this set!  :thumb:

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
« Reply #39 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 14:24:24 »
v1.2 update

No chance of splitting the numpad for its own kit? Also, no novelties for split backspace and right shift? Thanks!

We're still working on different size novelties as it's been requested pretty heavily. The Novelty Kit will be the last to be finalized, but we'll try to have more options.

As for the numpad, I honestly can't tell right now. This set isn't receiving an extraordinary amount of interest and the more kits we try to run, the more complicated it makes for it to reach groupbuy stage. I wouldn't say there's no chance, as we're still in the mid stages of designing and interest check. But please let us know if it's a deal breaker for you guys because we honestly will take that into account.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #40 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 18:38:24 »

We're still working on different size novelties as it's been requested pretty heavily. The Novelty Kit will be the last to be finalized, but we'll try to have more options.

As for the numpad, I honestly can't tell right now. This set isn't receiving an extraordinary amount of interest and the more kits we try to run, the more complicated it makes for it to reach groupbuy stage. I wouldn't say there's no chance, as we're still in the mid stages of designing and interest check. But please let us know if it's a deal breaker for you guys because we honestly will take that into account.

Thanks! Personally, neither are deal breakers. I really like this set and I want to slap it on a 60%.

Offline TokyoExpress

• bambino screech
Re: [IC] GMK High Voltage v1.3 [Kits finalized! Vendors! Pricing soon!]
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 01:43:56 »
(v1.3) Added R4 Novelties. This marks probably the last product modification update as we continue to move through this stage. High Voltage will be available through Kono Store in the US, and vendors for other regions will be organized soon.

Thank you and please continue to fill out the interest form if you have not yet!

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 03:30:22 »
Damn. As an electrical engineer I really want to like this set. I love the icons and novelties. But the colors. Damn. I guess I’m gonna have to make my own GMK OrCad and do proper colors.

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 09:55:09 »
Especially like the deskmats; however, would like to see the logo removed from them.

Offline Topernicus

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 13:02:43 »
Lowkey keeping an eye on this keyset.  ;)

Offline CypherPls

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 18:15:57 »
GMK High Voltage? Reminds me of AC/DC Album "High Voltage"

Offline Starius

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 20:38:39 »
GMK High Voltage? Reminds me of AC/DC Album "High Voltage"

Funny you should mention that.... the instant I first saw this set, I thought of Electric Six.   ;D

That's the song I'll be playing when I put these keys on a board. 

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #47 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 07:31:18 »
I looked closer at the icons. And Your source icons are way off. Unless that’s some standard or old industry practice I’m unfamiliar with. I assume the Corcle with an A is for amps as in a current source.... that is usually a arrow http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/images/Ideal-current-source.png

And so then I’m left to assume the x with a circle is the voltage source. Voltage sources are denoted by a + and -. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Ohms_law_voltage_source.svg/1200px-Ohms_law_voltage_source.svg.png.

I honestly hope you change it. In my opinion false legends like that would be akin to having an anime keyset and then using Spanish instead now of Japanese.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #48 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 09:27:43 »
I looked closer at the icons. And Your source icons are way off. Unless that’s some standard or old industry practice I’m unfamiliar with. I assume the Corcle with an A is for amps as in a current source.... that is usually a arrow http://www.learningaboutelectronics.com/images/Ideal-current-source.png

And so then I’m left to assume the x with a circle is the voltage source. Voltage sources are denoted by a + and -. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Ohms_law_voltage_source.svg/1200px-Ohms_law_voltage_source.svg.png.

I honestly hope you change it. In my opinion false legends like that would be akin to having an anime keyset and then using Spanish instead now of Japanese.

The A is ammeter.  The X is lamp.

Offline MdotMaxson

« Reply #49 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 15:25:23 »
Interesting. Two things never used in electrical engineering diagrams. But then again neither are these colors. It’s kinda like high voltage for people who should be playing with high voltages I guess.

When I get some free time I’ll make an electrical keyset without the training wheels