Offline Matazhen

-X-
« on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 13:16:24 »
---NULL---
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 May 2024, 15:33:44 by Matazhen »

Offline nguyenhimself

Re: Help with ortholinear keyboard :(
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 13:59:27 »
I don’t understand why you would come to a forum for custom-keyboard-building enthusiasts and then tell them you don’t want to build custom keyboards.

The whole point of this hobby is that you build because you cannot find EXACTLY what you want on the pre-built market.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 14:08:34 »
Using one-half of a Keeb.io BFO-9000 kit, you can achieve 6*7. It can't go lower than 7 columns, so unfortunately, it isn't exactly what you want. If symmetry is what you're after, then at least it can do 7*7.

Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 August 2019, 16:24:59 by equalunique »

Offline ErgoMacros

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 August 2019, 15:58:33 »
Also, there are some pads available commercially, $50+/-
Here are some:
    https://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-Mechanical-Keyboard-One-Handed-Programmable/dp/B07KT63QMR/ref=sr_1_3
23 keys arranged 6x4.
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 14:31:20 »
I don’t understand why you would come to a forum for custom-keyboard-building enthusiasts and then tell them you don’t want to build custom keyboards.

The whole point of this hobby is that you build because you cannot find EXACTLY what you want on the pre-built market.

Exactly why i came here.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 19:14:00 »

Exactly why i came here.

Off our own wiki:

This is the wiki portion of GeekHack, the premiere english-language resource for mechanical keyboards and related DIY projects on the web.

You can be a keyboard enthusiast without having the DIY skillset or wanting to develop them. Shutting OP down isn't really a compelling invite to the hobby :/

That said, there isn't much here for you if you are closed off, OP. My advice: what you're looking for doesn't exist, so you'll either have to settle for something _similar_ or make one yourself. You seem to have little interest in the latter, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Never a bad time to learn, though! We can always recommend good build guides / give you advice if you're interested.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u