Author Topic: [GB] Neuron - A 40% Keyboard - Open Until Nov 1st!  (Read 5929 times)

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
[GB] Neuron - A 40% Keyboard - Open Until Nov 1st!
« on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 19:21:36 »
Open from October 1st to November 1st!!! If ready to order, please fill out this form with your PayPal and you will be invoiced in the order received: https://forms.gle/6kmnSXxFkpVWeiEx6

Hey Geekhack,

I am pleased to announce the Group-Buy for the Neuron is OPEN! The GB will remain open from October 1st until November 1st, and will be run in an open format, where all entries will receive invoices. Additionally, one (1) RNG-selected order will receive a GOLDEN TICKET! If you are the recipient of this GOLDEN TICKET, your entire order will be refunded. If you're the lucky order, all you have to do is post a picture of your ticket on Reddit, Geekhack, Instagram, etc. and tag me in the post to verify. The expected turnaround is 3 months without unanticipated delays. Prices, pictures, and features can be found below. Thanks for reading!

Prototype Pictures:
227405-0
227407-1
227410-2
227413-3
227415-4
227423-5

Sound Tests:

Anodizing Color Renders:
227883-6

Anodizing Sample Pictures:
227417-7
Above L to R: Drank, Cool Ranch, Space Grey, Gamer Grrl. Bushido Red requires more tweaking, and the picture above in the render is most accurate to what I want to achieve.

Standard Plate Supported Layouts:
227421-8

Features:
  • 2.5 degree polycarbonate or anodized aluminum case. Same price. (No separate top and bottom piece: all one piece.)
  • Top-mount plate available in sandblasted brass, polycarbonate plate, or 3mm acrylic for the same price.
  • 5mm thick sandblasted brass weight with NEURON engraving.
  • QMK-compatible black PCB designed by Worldspawn; on-board atmega with USB-C.
  • Standard plate supports full-size 6.25u space or 2.25u/2.75u split space layouts. No ortho on the standard plate or PCB.
  • By popular request, an optional ortho plate is available for +$40. Compatible with the Niu Mini and Panc40 Anconda PCBs (provide your own). Ortho plate layouts here: https://imgur.com/a/7WwgNnZ
  • No LEDs. No in-switch or RGB. Sorry gamers.
  • Aluminum case weights ~2lbs 7oz built, Polycarbonate version weights ~1 lb 15oz built.

Prices:
  • Full Kit $229.99/ea + tax and shipping. Choice of PC or Aluminum case. Choice of sandblasted brass, polycarbonate, or 3mm acrylic plate. No price difference for material choice.
  • US shipping is $20 flat rate. International shipping will be estimated on a case-by-case basis.
  • Sandblasted brass ortho plates available for $40/ea.
  • Additional plates are $40/ea.
  • Additional PCBs are $30/ea.
  • EVA foam inserts for between PCB and plate for $15/ea. These only fit the staggered plate.

Enter the form here: https://forms.gle/6kmnSXxFkpVWeiEx6
If you have filled out the form but have not received an invoice within 24 hours, PM me. Have a great day!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 October 2019, 11:25:16 by walletburner »

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] Neuron - A 40% Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:23:26 »
Not the form-factor for me, but this is a pretty neat board with a solid aesthetic. GLWGB!
WANTED: Clacks, Artisans, Keysets, Vintage Cherry and Other Goodies

More
Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:26:33 »
Not the form-factor for me, but this is a pretty neat board with a solid aesthetic. GLWGB!

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:30:38 »
Finally live!  :eek: :eek: :eek:
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline sickbabies

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:30:45 »
Good board, good designer. Can confirm he won't kick you out of his GB for designing a different 40

Offline futurecrime

• Probably tired right now.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:32:03 »
This is a nice looking board. I love how you've worked the weight and case together to keep it down to one alu piece and still retain the top mount plate. Very cool.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:36:11 »
This is a nice looking board. I love how you've worked the weight and case together to keep it down to one alu piece and still retain the top mount plate. Very cool.
Thanks! That was definitely a design priority for me. I think it helps with sound and makes the polycarb version look better than 2-piece designs.

Good board, good designer. Can confirm he won't kick you out of his GB for designing a different 40
got emm

Online sapphyr

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:37:07 »
what's the weight of the PC board vs the ALU board? thanks

Offline ottodokto

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 14:58:43 »
What's the price of individual cases? I'm seeing the option for PC case + PCB, or Aluminum. I'm guessing that you intended for the first case option to include a PCB regardless of material? Does that mean I can buy another case for it?

Offline dannyny

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 15:07:21 »
How do you type numbers?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 15:09:48 »
What's the price of individual cases? I'm seeing the option for PC case + PCB, or Aluminum. I'm guessing that you intended for the first case option to include a PCB regardless of material? Does that mean I can buy another case for it?

The kit price includes 1 case, 1 weight, 1 plate, and 1 pcb. Additional plates, pcbs, ortho plate, and eva foam inserts are available as add-ons, but cases are not available on their own.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 15:19:04 »
what's the weight of the PC board vs the ALU board? thanks

the polycarbonate version is 1 lb 15 oz w brass plate and keycaps, the aluminum version is 2 lbs 7oz w polycarbonate plate and keycaps. heavy for their size  :D

Online sapphyr

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 15:30:08 »
nice. I want to get the PC case with the brass plate. thanks  :thumb:

Offline Minterly

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 16:26:31 »
this is nice

Online sapphyr

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 16:58:55 »
the polycarbonate version is 1 lb 15 oz w brass plate and keycaps, the aluminum version is 2 lbs 7oz w polycarbonate plate and keycaps. heavy for their size  :D

final question - is there an MOQ for this or just as many as you get before 11/1?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 17:03:12 »
final question - is there an MOQ for this or just as many as you get before 11/1?

completely open GB :) as many as I receive

Offline roostrc0gburn

• its just plastic
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 18:40:44 »
in.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 October 2019, 21:58:17 »
How do you type numbers?
with layers! using one of my split spacebars i can access numbers punctuation and macros without leaving the alphas. i program on my neuron since i made the prototype :) it isnt for everyone, but i find it really comfortable
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 October 2019, 22:00:03 by walletburner »

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 15:20:54 »
as of this moment, everyone who has filled out the form correctly has been invoiced. if you have not received an invoice, check the email associated with your PayPal. there are several outstanding invoices and 4 people I have contacted about issues in their forms. contact me via PM here, on reddit, or on discord. thx for your support, things are going great so far!

Offline MMKB

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 17:13:52 »
Wow sweet hhkb style 40%. Something I've been longing for. I'm just way over my keyboard budget now but will keep an eye on it.

And "Walletburner" is pretty accurate.

Offline elli

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 18:07:53 »
this is def one of the best 40s to have come out in awhile, but sadly dont have money ;;;;;;. also u willing to share the pink pantone used to match? owo

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 20:43:07 »
I filled out the form and got the invoice, but I put cool ranch and I think I actually want polycarb, is it possible to change? Should I still just pay the invoice?
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 05 October 2019, 23:36:23 »
is it possible to change?
pm'd and resolved

Offline idlemao

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 07:12:37 »
Placed an order and am excited

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 10 October 2019, 16:46:44 »
Placed an order and am excited

hope u like it! im using mine now. (PC w acrylic plate, lubed T1s)

And "Walletburner" is pretty accurate.

i think everyone in this community is a walletburner more or less  ;D

this is def one of the best 40s to have come out in awhile, but sadly dont have money ;;;;;;. also u willing to share the pink pantone used to match? owo

thanks! sorry to hear that tho. yeah sure, just PM me.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 12 October 2019, 07:11:53 »
Curious why you chose acrylic over PC fr your daily driver plate?

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
Re: [GB] Neuron - A 40% Keyboard - Open Until Nov 1st!
« Reply #26 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 17:56:24 »
Curious why you chose acrylic over PC fr your daily driver plate?

Just preference; the acrylic has an intermediate amount of flex compared to the PC, and I prefer that for tactile switches.

Online neon_tom

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 10:28:35 »
Really nice looking board but Im curious to know if the bottom supports countersunk screws? Based on the images, it looks like a no.

Offline walletburner

• Formerly wokechill
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 10:39:18 »
Really nice looking board but Im curious to know if the bottom supports countersunk screws? Based on the images, it looks like a no.
Good eye. Yes! All the bottom screws are counterbored, and while I used taller button screws for the prototype in the pictures, the production run screws are flatter M2s. There are also sunk holes for the bumpons in the corners on the production Neuron too, so it sits on a mm or two of rubber cushioning, not on its screw heads.

Online neon_tom

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 10:51:03 »
Good eye. Yes! All the bottom screws are counterbored, and while I used taller button screws for the prototype in the pictures, the production run screws are flatter M2s. There are also sunk holes for the bumpons in the corners on the production Neuron too, so it sits on a mm or two of rubber cushioning, not on its screw heads.

Thats awesome to hear. Now I guess I have no excuse not to buy one!