Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [GROUP BUY MARCH 6 - APRIL 7]  (Read 26806 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Group buy is scheduled to start on March 6 until April 7!

228541-0

Meine Damen und Herren, Mesdames et Messieurs, Ladies and Gentlemen...

Since the group buy for GMK Phosphorous is well underway and should reach MOQ (🤞🏻), I would love to show you what I have been working on in the meantime.

Ever since June rolled over, I have been thinking how to commemorate the Apollo 11's mission's 50th anniversary.

Then I remembered about the Apollo Guidance Computer (it made waves over the internet a month or so ago, because people were trying to prove that Margaret Hamilton didn't write the software for it) and its interface — DSKY (pronounced "dis-kee"). As you can see, the DSKY has a black keypad with white legends, yellow indicator lights, and a green electroluminescent seven-segment display. Commands were entered numerically, as two-digit numbers — called Verb and Noun. The first one represented the action being issued, while the second represented the data that would be changed.

228545-2

DSKY itself was a starting point, but it did not yet give me a satisfactory colourway. But when I saw exactly how and where DSKY was mounted, I instantly knew what I wanted — subtle, lighter and darker greys, with yellows for the accents.

228547-3

One of my goals was to use the legends and values from DSKY's various keys and indicators, in place of our traditional legends. This in turn led me to a decision to use stock GMK colours, to make everything easier and more affordable.

GMK Lunar uses a medium 2B gray for the alphas and mods with a lighter 2M gray for legends. The Numpad, which I consider an integral part of the whole design and colourway, uses the darker N9 gray with 2M legends. I also chose N6 yellow as the main accent colour, with N9 legends, where appropriate. The Novelty Kit has a set of optional "Master Alarm" accents — these will be either V1 or RO2 (V1 currently).

(Please note that the keys that you will find on the renders below, have since been modified slightly, so they may not be completely accurate at this point in time. They also have a typo — my bad.)

Without further ado, I give you GMK Lunar...

Renders

GMK Lunar on Austin

234482-4

234484-5

234486-6

Old renders
More

228549-7

228551-8

228553-9

228555-10

228557-11

GMK Lunar on e-yellow Think6.5

234489-12

234491-13

234493-14

Planned Kits

Please note that the text on the arrows will be replaced by arrow icons. The font is also not a perfect match for GMK's font. These are temporary renders until they're more or less finalized, when I'll get someone who knows what she or he is doing to do them.

Command Module (Core Kit)

228847-15

Old kit
More
228559-16

Houston! We Have A Problem! (Novelty Kit) [updated 2019-11-26]

233320-17

Old kits
More
230778-18
229920-19
228849-20
228776-21
228561-22

Novelties are still a work in progress, are being refined and will be perfected. Any and all feedback on their topic would be fantastic.

Landing Pad (Spacebar Kit)

228851-23

Old kit
More
228563-24

Lunar Module (N9 Alphas Kit)

It should be possible to cover two keyboards with the Command Module and Lunar Module (base kit + alpha kit), depending on your layouts.

228853-25

Old kit
More
228567-26

Service Module (Assembly Kit)

233306-27

Optional Kits — these won't go forward, there wasn’t enough demand
More
Below are some optional kits I am considering, but will not run them unless there is huge demand and you manage to change my mind.

Moon Rover (40s/ortho kit)

228565-28

NorDEUK Kit

228569-29
Interest Check Form

PLEASE TAKE PART IN THIS INTEREST CHECK: https://forms.gle/CCQo2ZMAt8hmgrXL8.

NEW POLL for GMK Lunar Profile — R1-1-2-3-4-4 vs. R0-1-2-3-4-5.

Signature

With background...

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103028.0][img width=450 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/i8fAo76.jpg[/img][/url]

With transparent background...

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103028.0][img width=450 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/LECtjiQ.png[/img][/url]
Misc

• The group buy stage is planned for March 2020.
  • A few vendors are already on board. You're welcome to contact me on the subject.
  • I'm working with MKUltra to create a full Assembly Kit based on Lunar. More info when I know more myself.

Contact

Changelog

• updated the "Houston! We Have a Problem!" novelty kit. Changes are listed here.
  • updated kits and kit renders; moved Lunar Module (dark alpha kit) to "planned kits"[/url].
  • it should be possible to cover 2 boards with the Command Module + Lunar Module (alpha kit)
  • two novelties have been re-worked, to better fit in with GMK's guidelines for vector art; Astronaut's Helmet — it now reflects the moon's surface in the visor; Neil Armstrong's Footprint — it's now modelled more on the sole of his boot than on the actual print that he left (shadow and all); currently working on an even better Lunar Lander for the R4 1.5u keys. The Moon will be moved to R4 1u keys.

• Lunar Lander has been reworked to meet GMK's specs (hopefully). Might not be final yet though.
  • R4 1.5u Moon novelties moved to R4 1u keys.
  • Lunar Lander with Flag added to R4 1.5u keys.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2020, 03:15:05 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Lunar — inspired by NASA's Apollo Guidance Computer and DSKY
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:42:06 »
Reserved (for renders).

Offline mydens

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:44:43 »
Nice looking keyboard, has that GB come and gone?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:46:03 »
Nice looking keyboard, has that GB come and gone?

That is the fantastic Austin from driftingbunnies, and yes — it's over.

Offline jinrawke

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:47:53 »
diggin this.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 13:59:29 »
Yea I'm down.
Duck Viper | Duck Orion v2 | LZ CLS | J80 | Acrylic Tofu

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 14:06:06 »
i think it's a good start

i'd like to see a little bit more going on if you're going for the space theme, since you're competing with quite a few sets in that slot
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | TGR Alice | Qlavier Ti/Acryl Alice

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos

Offline spooknik

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 14:07:18 »
I'm on board. Looks great.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 14:12:17 »

i'd like to see a little bit more going on if you're going for the space theme, since you're competing with quite a few sets in that slot

Tell me more!

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 14:24:33 »
I think it's nice to have a space themed set that doesn't scream PLANETS and SPACESHIPS. Space can be monotone and serious as well. You could offload some of that normal spacey stuff onto a desk mat. I have a thick NASA photobook all about the Apollo missions and they have some great photos of earth from above. https://imgur.com/a/efrrSeZ

For me this set leans more into command module than space anyway.

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 17:35:10 »
the novelties are superb. I'm in.

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:07:45 »
Yessss! :) Really love the combination (and overall inspiration)!

BTW: Well, now I understand how expensive this "hobby" can be if you read every IC post! ;)

Offline Stan137

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:12:23 »
Amazing colors with great inspiration. Definitely interested!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:16:43 »

Tell me more!

i think the novelties are actually really good, but i think the base kit is lacking

the legends don't show on the alphas enough, i think a whiter white or a darker grey would fix this issue

and since you want it to be mottled, like the surface of the moon, it's worth considering using a different color on the mods
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | TGR Alice | Qlavier Ti/Acryl Alice

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos

Offline Agilr

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:18:56 »
Hey, love the idea of the set btw and the colours!

Just a concern for the base kit, considering that this set will be using custom text mods with lots of compatibility, GMK will have to make moulds for all of them which will drive the price up quite a bit. Something like this was seen in GMK Fro.Yo, but the smaller base kit made it still reasonably priced. How much it'd add I'm not sure, but it's just something to keep in mind of in case you wanted to cut it down for a more accessible price.

Look forward to seeing this in GB! :cool:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:19:58 »

Just a concern for the base kit, considering that this set will be using custom text mods with lots of compatibility, GMK will have to make moulds for all of them which will drive the price up quite a bit. Something like this was seen in GMK Fro.Yo, but the smaller base kit made it still reasonably priced. How much it'd add I'm not sure, but it's just something to keep in mind of in case you wanted to cut it down for a more accessible price.

it's a lot but it's less than you think given the volume that GMK sets sell nowadays

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:24:42 »
I like it. Base set is super low contrast for the legend color though. You might consider choosing a lighter shade of grey/white.

Edit: Also, the display text was green. I think green novelties would add a lot to the theme. Maybe even a translucent escape or enter key?

« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:29:22 by Ensaum »

Offline Agilr

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:34:47 »

it's a lot but it's less than you think given the volume that GMK sets sell nowadays

What do you mean?

Its always been an MOQ of 250 on custom colours and 150 on stock for pricing unless you're bound to sell well which in that case quotes of 500, 750 etc can be made
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:33:54 by Agilr »

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 18:38:47 »
Probably just me, but what if "master alarm" was the backspace?

I like the lower contrast as is, I'd buy with the color suggestions too.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 19:26:27 »
I am a big fan of the low contrast. It could maybe do with a little bit more but it should remain "grey on grey". If it were much higher contrast with dark mods, green novelties and translucent Esc I feel it would completely miss the mark on the original minimalism OP was going for.

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 21:13:23 »
If it were much higher contrast with dark mods, green novelties and translucent Esc it would completely miss the mark on the original minimalism OP was going for.

Wait, what?.. Where did op state this? This set is supposed to emulate a DSKY computer. The only quote I can find is "subtle, lighter and darker greys" which indicates nothing about low contrast legends or a lack of colored novelties (which are literally already offered in a kit).
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 October 2019, 23:59:44 by Ensaum »

Offline mrkantz

« Reply #21 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 00:32:58 »
Great looking set! I wouldn't change a thing

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #22 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:36:36 »
and since you want it to be mottled, like the surface of the moon, it's worth considering using a different color on the mods

I don’t actually. Colourway is based on the AGC/DSKY interface and it’s surroundings. They happen to coincide with the the Moon’s shades of grey and the moon novelty is about as far as I would like to go in that direction.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:38:32 »

I’m hoping around 130 EUR/USD will be attainable.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:40:47 »
I like it. Base set is super low contrast for the legend color though. You might consider choosing a lighter shade of grey/white.

Edit: Also, the display text was green. I think green novelties would add a lot to the theme. Maybe even a translucent escape or enter key?

Show Image

I actually tried to incorporate the green (GMK AE) into the Numpad legends. It didn’t match the rest of the set. Clashed. I like your translucent idea though. Will think on it.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #25 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:44:46 »
If it were much higher contrast with dark mods, green novelties and translucent Esc it would completely miss the mark on the original minimalism OP was going for.

Wait, what?.. Where did op state this? This set is supposed to emulate a DSKY computer. The only quote I can find is "subtle, lighter and darker greys" which indicates nothing about low contrast legends or a lack of colored novelties (which are literally already offered in a kit).

That might have been a conversation on Discord and it’s what I meant when I wrote about subtlety. I don’t want too much contrast (e.g. I really like if the mods and alphas aren’t too far apart from each other, or ideally are in the same colour; see Phosphorous).

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 01:56:55 »
Some questions and topics from IC form that I wanted to touch on:

1. If you want regular mods, get GMK ASCII by Oblotzky. It’s running soon and we’re (completely by accident) running the same two shades of gray (2M and 2B).

2. I have 2 ideas for a RAMA collab I wish to pursue. Hopefully Kate will understand what I want.

3. I will be talking to Salvun about another collab (copper key, similar to the housing of the AGC in colour).

4. I cannot do a NASA logo. It’s copyrighted. I probably could reach out to them but the amount of red tape would be probably insane.

5. If this kit was running on Drop.com (which it won’t), I’d consider one more base kit in a reverse colourway (N9 mods and alphas, with a light numpad), aka what Oblivion did. But I don’t think we’d get enough buyers to make it reach MOQ.

6. There will be desk mats.

7. I am working on a very unique collab, one that hasn't been done before. More info when I get it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 02:09:10 by Moridin »

Offline hottrout

« Reply #27 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 06:00:38 »
Live this colour combination.  Interested.
I started with a Sinclair human flesh keyboard in 1980 and it has never stopped.

Rig1 |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Rig2 |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX1080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|Dell AW3418DW
Rig3 |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1200Watt PSU

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 08:39:24 »
I'm interested in this set, what is the novelty third from the left on R1 supposed to be? It looks like a mitochondria (might just be my medicine mind here)  ^-^

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 09:46:56 »
I'm interested in this set, what is the novelty third from the left on R1 supposed to be? It looks like a mitochondria (might just be my medicine mind here)  ^-^

Neil Armstrong's footstep! 😅

Offline Ensaum

« Reply #30 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:22:53 »

That might have been a conversation on Discord and it’s what I meant when I wrote about subtlety. I don’t want too much contrast (e.g. I really like if the mods and alphas aren’t too far apart from each other, or ideally are in the same colour; see Phosphorous).

I actually like the mods and alphas beeing the same color. My concern was the legends themselves beeing low contrast because in the renders they are near illegible. See SoWaRe or deep space for real life examples of what I'm talking about. However, if this set uses the same colors as ASCII, then it may just be an issue with the lighting in the renders because I can make ASCII out just fine.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 October 2019, 10:26:22 by Ensaum »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:47:02 »

I actually like the mods and alphas beeing the same color. My concern was the legends themselves beeing low contrast because in the renders they are near illegible. See SoWaRe or deep space for real life examples of what I'm talking about. However, if this set uses the same colors as ASCII, then it may just be an issue with the lighting in the renders because I can make ASCII out just fine.

The legends should be fine. Oblotzky does colour/lighting neutral renders, while Abec goes for more fancy lighting (I’m guessing a tad less accurate).

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 17:55:58 »
228617-0

Should be plenty enough contrast for readability, yet they should subtly complement each other. These two colours have a similar temperature and they work wonderfully together.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I spent a few hours teaching myself rendering today (I'm tragic, so please bear with me; also can't get unicode legends to work, so I changed the arrow keys to text) while trying to showcase the contrast between the 2B keys and 2M legends. It should be plenty legible. Tried to make the lighting neutral and natural. Let me know what you think.

228661-0

I also played around with the idea of doing N9 legends on 2B keys. Here's what I came up with and please let me know what you think. The lighting in this render is a bit too dark (think evening time with little light) but the contrast appears to be lower than with the 2M legends.

228663-1

Feedback welcome. As usual.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2019, 12:46:11 by Moridin »

AS much as I like GMK Dark and Ddolch, liked your original design better. Matches your inspiration a bit more too (although those keys look more like N9).

I'm probably not the only one who also likes the interoperability with ASCII, too.

Offline dom

• XOXO
Personally prefer the first option (White on gray option).
Anyway, love the set so much ;)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Preliminary GB date is March 2020.

GMK Taro is March too. Will this be October 2019 all over again for me?

I’ll experiment with N9 mods and N9 alphas tomorrow.

Offline Ensaum

The contrast on your render looks better. Dark legends are no bueno though.

Offline consumer

Agree.
How about Option 1 with alphas. Option 2 with modifiers? How will that look with renders?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Agree.
How about Option 1 with alphas. Option 2 with modifiers? How will that look with renders?

To clarify — light grey legends on alphas and dark grey legends on mods?

Offline kmfmppl

I like the original concept with the same light colour for both mods and alphas. I'm a sucker for low contrast though. Interchangeability with ASCII is a welcome bonus.

Offline consumer

Agree.

To clarify — light grey legends on alphas and dark grey legends on mods?

Yes, I think that would work very well.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Here's something to discuss — a few topics from the IC check:

I’m not Best with kits, but i like including ISO people since it only adds like $5 base cost

Added. The majority voted for ISO in base.

Maybe a yellow 2u spacebar in the spacebar kit or 40s kit. Base kit has options for yellow space, but there's nothing for smaller sizes in yellow.

Added yellow bars to Spacebar kit.

I think you should separate the numpad from the base kit to reduce costs.

I won't be doing that in this set (it would save approximately 5 USD on price in this configuration and would cost around 30 as a child kit).

numpad in the black color is offputting, so are the legends that aren't easily understood, I have no association with things like 'Vel' for a key I'd put on my keyboard (alt, control, etc). I think this needs to be re-evaluated, it seems like a set with too many visions it's trying to accomplish. Maybe you need to put the black alphas into the base, not sure but it just strikes me the wrong way

Clarification: It's a dark N9 grey. Legends aren't meant to be easily understood — they're a homage to the DSKY interface for the Apollo Guidance Computer. And we all know where each key is anyway (especially mods; you don't need the proper legends to use them correctly). I'm not sure what the author means by "too many visions” — let me know if you're reading this. N9 alphas are being considered (renders below).

Specifically, I wonder if the base kit should have black-on-white keys instead of white-on-gray, and then perhaps the Lunar Module kit becomes white-on-gray.

Seems like there is a missed opportunity for some BoW

BoW is GMK Minimal. I wouldn't want to make a copy of this kit with different legends. Also, the grey is from the inside of the cockpit where the Apollo Guidance Computer was installed.

There should be a separate numpad kit that matches the rest of the set, or put the dark numpad into a separate kit. I'd like the option available to match the rest of the set.

There could be but I doubt it would hit MOQ.

ISO-FR

Spanish - Latin American

Unfortunately I don't think there will be enough demand for this. 😞

alternate colors for F keys - having them all the same color as the 0-9 keys does not look good on some 75% keyboard where the 0-9 and F keys are one giant grid (i.e. Singa)

Thoughts?

Space at should probably be grey by default, but I think it needs a bit of white too. Yellow arrows are amazing, but would love white enter and escape for example.

White novelties instead of grey.

love your setup so far. I like white accents/novelties because White reminds me of the moon.

Three requests for white novelties. Instead of red? Another colour way? We're getting into an expensive novelty kit here! Thoughts?

I would like to see a 3u space in there for the landing pad kit.  **I have a split space bar on the Vortexgear Cypher and there are NO kits that have a 3.25u space. So the split is a 3u and a 3.25u space bar which I find really convenient, but really inconvenient that there are NO kits for it. If this increases the price of the kits, then I would say forget I mentioned it, but just a thought.

I don't think GMK has molds for these keys.

I would love to see some additions to the 40% ortho which would allow me to use the lunar module and that kit together to have a complete keyboard (I have an iris) 2 more R1 keys would do it! Good luck!

Thoughts? (At this point (according to the survey) there is not enough demand for 40s/ortho to warrant a child kit.)

Option for mods without custom legends.

I would greatly prefer standard legends in the base kit.

Go get GMK ASCII for the regular mods. 😉

Minivan backspace

Can someone clarify which row and size that is?

1. Yellow split space bars could be somewhere? (2.75/2.25). If you put them in the 40's kit, that's cool, me and a coupla other people split up those into 40 ortho split bars and mail each other the subset.

3. If the whole thing was N9, or the numpad became...uh, not 2Bthat's cool too.

5. Every. Single. Time. Mito posts a new godspeed kit, people ask for GMK, he won't do it. Though this isn't a copy, it sure scratches the same itch. I think you have a winner.

Re 1: Added to Spacebar kit.
Re 3: A reverse colour way? I'll consider it. Thoughts?
Re 5: I'm a fan of the Godspeed set. Only appreciated the XDA profile (missed GB unfortunately). Never thought to use it as inspiration for Lunar though — I just focused on the AGC and DSKY.

teeny bit concerned about contrast on the grey keys.

It shouldn't be a problem. It's actually more contrasty then the renders give it credit.

Maybe a bit more yellow keys? Esc, caps, ctrl?

Thoughts?

Might be interested in the dark alphas, just need to see a render first.

Will be added today.

Coleman support

I'd love to do that but there is practically no chance this would hit MOQ.

I would love to see a concept artisan made of copper (not sure if it would look better polished or blasted)

Working on this with Salvun.

Modifiers and function keys kit but in Lunar Module colorway. Basically a new set in the Lunar Module colorway

Is this something you'd like to see? In theory, if there was enough demand, we could do another base set in a reverse colour way with or without a numpad (N9 keys with 2M legends, 2M keys for Numpad with N9 legends).

More novelties, perhaps a NASA logo or stylized NASA logo

Would love to do this, but copyrights/permissions needed. 😞

Maybe a VIM kit if there is enough interest

Anyone?

yes, an assembly kit with these custom text mods please (no to boring blank ergo mods)!

Please add an ergo kit to better support ortholinear and ergonomic boards.

Working on this with MKUltra. No details yet.

A cool lunar landing desk mat

Of course!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Tried my hand at a few more renders today (still learning so far from perfect or... you know... accurate). I give you what the Lunar Module (N9 alphas) kit could look like...

228690-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 08:34:51 by Moridin »

Offline yaya

I like the original concept with the same light colour for both mods and alphas. I'm a sucker for low contrast though. Interchangeability with ASCII is a welcome bonus.

Agree.

I prefer the original concept with lighter alphas as well.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you GMK Modern Dolch Lunar!

228699-0

As per requests from the IC form, this is what N9 mods and 2B alphas would look like. More or less (arrows will have arrows, can't render unicode for some reason).

Also, I made another render of the Lunar Module.

228701-1

Quite frankly, I think the original design was best and the Lunar Module does not work as well as I though it would. Nor do the N9 alphas.

But let me know what you guys think!

Offline Ensaum

(Attachment Link)

As per requests from the IC form, this is what N9 mods and 2B alphas would look like. More or less (arrows will have arrows, can't render unicode for some reason).

(Attachment Link)

Quite frankly, I think the original design was best and the Lunar Module does not work as well as I though it would. Nor do the N9 alphas.

Keep the mods grey. I still like the Lunar Module kit though. Here's a KLE draft I made of it if for an HHKB layout if I end up buying. I think it looks good.

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 10:46:04 by Ensaum »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Keep the mods grey. I still like the Lunar Module kit though. Here's a KLE draft I made of it if for an HHKB layout if I end up buying. I think it looks good.

Show Image

HHKB is one those layouts that looks amazing always.

Someone on Discord suggested for those people to use the GMK Nines alphas to mix and match. What do you think? An alpha kit would run around 50 USD probably.

Offline Ensaum

I personally wasn't interested in nines so I didn't buy it. Alpha legend color doesn't match at all anyways. I'd rather pay $50 then whatever aftermarket prices land at.

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
woaw! What a beauty! As a "space guy" I really dig the colors and thought about this set.  :eek:

2B mods and N9 alphas may be my fav, or tied with original design.

Re alpha kit pricing: camping has Latin alphas at 62. Violet on cream had purple alphas (also numpad alphas) for 70, and that’s novelkeys pricing which is typically cheapest. Take away number row you could be in the 50s. Oblivion r2 sold over 1000 hagoromo alphas and was 55$.

Offline maximize

I like the monochromatic alphas+mods! Overall, though, it seems like a lot of grey. What about changing F5-F8 and Rset (Esc) to N9? Or F1-F4 and F9-F12?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I like the monochromatic alphas+mods! Overall, though, it seems like a lot of grey. What about changing F5-F8 and Rset (Esc) to N9? Or F1-F4 and F9-F12?

To include with the Lunar Module (N9 alphas)?

Offline maximize

Not necessarily, but maybe. I meant that I would consider putting them in the base kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Two more quick renders, showcasing what it could look like on a HHKB (two versions, one for Ensaum but without mixing red and yellow, and one for me):

228734-0

228740-1

The legends on the yellow keys should be N9. My bad. Please imagine they are.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 16:31:46 by Moridin »

Offline Ensaum

:rolleyes:
Two more quick renders, showcasing what it could look like on a HHKB (two versions, one for Ensaum but without mixing red and yellow, and one for me):

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Ah shucks, I'm honored. Both are 🔥

Offline duxbridge

IMO. the Lunar Module should be part of the base set.

Offline BrainBunker

I would probably agree. However, if it's decided not to do that (runner decides what they want for the vision), I'd just buy the lunar module. Personally, I can't imagine using this without it.

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

:eek:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
OK, so according to the IC form I posted, 70% want the Novelty Kit and 49% want the Lunar Module kit with N9 alphas.

Should I combine the two?

Other thoughts:

- 40s kit has low interest
- NorDEUK barely any
- Spacebar kit lower than expected.

So plans at this point in time include:
- Base Kit
- Novelties
- Spacebars
- Lunar Module (N9 alphas)

I was thinking of combining alphas with spacebars or novelties to lower costs but that would mean that some would pay more than they need/want to.

Thoughts?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Updated the novelty kit...

228774-0

- Grey novelty legends changed to light grey (2M) from (N9).
- Design of Footprint and Moon refined to meet GMK's guidelines.

To do:
- refine Lander and Astronaut

Feedback welcome.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Not necessarily, but maybe. I meant that I would consider putting them in the base kit.

I would probably agree. However, if it's decided not to do that (runner decides what they want for the vision), I'd just buy the lunar module. Personally, I can't imagine using this without it.

Current IC numbers show that a little under 50% want the Lunar Module Kit. I'm pretty sure that number will drop by 50% once they see the price in the 50-70 USD range.

Also considering adding R1 Esc + F5-F8 in N9 to Lunar Module kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Made some new mockups to showcase some things...

Red accents with Lunar Module at a different angle

228784-0

Yellow accents with yellow and grey novelties.

228786-1

What if I also added white (WS1) accents to the novelty kit? Mocking up a Haze M60-A look for a change in scenery.

228788-2

Offline Ensaum

Current IC numbers show that a little under 50% want the Lunar Module Kit. I'm pretty sure that number will drop by 50% once they see the price in the 50-70 USD range.

Also considering adding R1 Esc + F5-F8 in N9 to Lunar Module kit.

$50-$70 is pretty standard for an alpha kit and I think most people interested enough to fill out the form know this. You should probably also add a 7u space bar to Lunar Module as well.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So I made some more renders today, to showcase some ideas from the IC form. Feedback welcome.

228801-0
228803-1

An “e-white” and purple HHKB with white accents.

228805-2

I also renders some novelties - Neil Armstrong’s footprint and the moon - with yellow accents.

228807-3

And one more angle of the red ones.

Let me know.

Offline portbaron

I like the all gray version more than the black alphas.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
I like the kits the way they are. But I will probably buy the dark alphas.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679
Reddit: /u/nerdponx
Deskthority: autoload -Uz
Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So I spent the last two days working on the kits some more along with some very unprofessional renders (but hopefully better than screenshots from KLE).

Please note that the text on the arrows will be replaced by arrow icons. The font is also not a perfect match for GMK's font. These are temporary renders until they're more or less finalized, when I'll get someone who knows what she or he is doing to do them.

228839-0

228841-1

228843-2

228845-3

Offline deLEES

I love what you are doing with this kit, but please, please, please add UK ISO; it is only a couple extra keys but a deal breaker for me without it :(

Offline MdotMaxson

I’m struggling to see the resemblance. Nice colors. Just missed the intent.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I’m struggling to see the resemblance. Nice colors. Just missed the intent.

What are you missing exactly?

Offline dvorcol

I love what you are doing with this kit, but please, please, please add UK ISO; it is only a couple extra keys but a deal breaker for me without it :(

Is it these four yellow keycaps?  Do you want them in the base kit so you don't have to purchase NorDeUK?  And/or added to the N9 Lunar Module kit?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Is it these four yellow keycaps?  Do you want them in the base kit so you don't have to purchase NorDeUK?  And/or added to the N9 Lunar Module kit?

Show Image

Yeah, would need 8 extra keys total.

Curious: why is it a dealbreaker deLEES?

Offline deLEES

Show Image

The 4 highlighted in the base kit is what I'm after. Assuming average cost of other NorDeUK kits, it is a significant additionbal cost when all i need out of it is 4 keys. I can't justify the added expense. Fair if others can, but I can't.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2019, 05:21:01 by deLEES »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Show Image

The 4 highlighted in the base kit is what I'm after. Assuming average cost of other NorDeUK kits, it is a significant additionbal cost when all i need out of it is 4 keys. I can't justify the added expense. Fair if others can, but I can't.

This is a recurring topic. On one hand it’s only 4 keys, on the other, it’s 4 additional key that the vast majority won’t need or use.

Why doesn’t the basic ISO fulfill your needs? Legends?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Lunar has been still constantly present in my thoughts over these past few days and feel free to join the discussion on Discord in #mor-gmk-lunar if you have any feedback.

In the meantime, the-one-and-only Salvun has just sent me a fantastic surprise...

Salvun's Lunar Footstep Artisan

229322-0
229324-1
229326-2

Let us know what you think!

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT
Lunar has been still constantly present in my thoughts over these past few days and feel free to join the discussion on Discord in #mor-gmk-lunar if you have any feedback.

In the meantime, the-one-and-only Salvun has just sent me a fantastic surprise...

Salvun's Lunar Footstep Artisan

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Let us know what you think!

Beautiful!!

Offline FRANCO

Oh wuttt...I typically don't really care for Artisan's, but this one oddly has me lol

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So what if I added a Third Stage Alpha kit? I'm guessing this is a really bad idea, especially since the Lunar Module alpha kit will probably run at around 70-80 EUR/USD.

229472-0

These alphas are 2M with 2B legends — reversed standard colours.

Offline Ensaum

So what if I added a Third Stage Alpha kit? I'm guessing this is a really bad idea, especially since the Lunar Module alpha kit will probably run at around 70-80 EUR/USD.

(Attachment Link)

I don't like it tbh.

Offline kolyz

(Attachment Link)

I prefer the original design, personally.

Offline maximize

(Attachment Link)

I prefer the original design, personally.

Original design best design.

Offline RacerK1

+1 for the ortho/40s kit. Love the original design and colorway. The custom legends are great!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Currently working to improve novelties. Especially R4 1.5u. Will fill it in nicely once completed.

Scrapping 3rd stage idea for now.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
229922-0

Two novelties have been re-worked, to better fit in with GMK's guidelines for vector art.

Astronaut's Helmet — it now reflects the moon's surface in the visor.

Neil Armstrong's Footprint — it's now modelled more on the sole of his boot than on the actual print that he left (shadow and all).

Currently working on an even better Lunar Lander for the R4 1.5u keys. The Moon will be moved to R4 1u keys.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
230776-0

• Lunar Lander has been reworked to meet GMK's specs (hopefully). Might not be final yet though.
  • R4 1.5u Moon novelties moved to R4 1u keys.
  • Lunar Lander with Flag added to R4 1.5u keys.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Only 25% of the people who filled out the IC form are interested in the additional spacebar kit. With those kinds of numbers, I'll have to drop it.

Offline Rayndalf

GMK Lunar more like GMK Apollo
GMK Apollo more like GMK Lunar
I swear these two sets should really swap names at some point and make more sense thematically, but confuse everyone even more :p

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I swear these two sets should really swap names at some point and make more sense thematically, but confuse everyone even more :p

"GMK Apollo Guidance Computer with DSKY Interface" was a bit too long. 😉

Offline Rayndalf

Fair enough. I'm just glad this isn't (trying to) run in December against the Olivian Juggernaut++

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Fair enough. I'm just glad this isn't (trying to) run in December against the Olivian Juggernaut++

Well March 2020 was planned originally by me (I think I wrote about that somewhere in this thread) and I just noticed that's the month that Octix decided to run Apollo.

Offline Rayndalf

I guess that makes sense, the ICs came out less than a week apart so I'm guessing one of those 'convergent evolution' sorts of things. Might be more moon artisans made that month too, so it could be a win-win.

Offline phinix

I have a feeling like if it had dark grey mods, it would look a lot better, but that's just my opinion.
7500|1080Ti|2x 1TB SSD|Z270 ITX|16GB RAM|SFX 600W|Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC|Cooltek UMX1
Realforce 55g Novatouched modded standard bottom row| GMMK TKL ISO Tealios v2|Logitech MX518 Legend|X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG white-beige, GMK Space Cadet XDA: Canvas

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I have a feeling like if it had dark grey mods, it would look a lot better, but that's just my opinion.

Then it would be just Modern Dolch with different legends.

See a render here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103028.msg2824993#msg2824993

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist

Well March 2020 was planned originally by me (I think I wrote about that somewhere in this thread) and I just noticed that's the month that Octix decided to run Apollo.

GMK DSKY would be a fun name, maybe more distinctive, more memorable, and easier to Google search, even if less easy to pronounce.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
GMK DSKY would be a fun name, maybe more distinctive, more memorable, and easier to Google search, even if less easy to pronounce.

I completely agree. However, most will automatically associate "Lunar" with something to do with the Moon, while DSKY is extremely vague for most. I would personally prefer DSKY, but it was suggested I should go with Lunar.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist

I completely agree. However, most will automatically associate "Lunar" with something to do with the Moon, while DSKY is extremely vague for most. I would personally prefer DSKY, but it was suggested I should go with Lunar.

Makes sense. Another option would be something like GMK Lunar Lander which would still help specify the theme away from "the moon" and towards "NASA/Apollo tech"

Offline Merked

Is there a high enough interest for the 40s kit? I hope there is because I'd really like to get that with this kit

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Is there a high enough interest for the 40s kit? I hope there is because I'd really like to get that with this kit

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

Offline Merked

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

Oh man, that sucks. Any chance at least the split spacebars can be included in the novelties kit?

Offline nasp

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

+1 for 40's kit. I'll buy 5 if I have to.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Doesn’t seem to be... 😕

+1 for 40's kit. I'll buy 5 if I have to.

Working on an Assembly Kit atm.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I hope you all have had a pleasant ending to 2019 and are all back for 2020. I have a few updates I'd like to share and I'd greatly appreciate some feedback.

1. A few people have been asking for N9 (darker) Home/PgUp/PgDn/End keys for the rightmost column on 65% layouts. I have not yet addressed this directly but I'm still thinking about it.

2. The people from above gave me the idea to expand the novelty kit by a further 6 keys. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I have also taken the liberty of replacing the red with a different shade — it's now RO2 instead of V1 (more red, less orange) and IT IS NOT COLOUR-ACCURATE in the render below. (Please note the arrow keys will have actual arrows, not text — I can't render arrows for some reason.)

233127-0

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless). The first draft is below. It is a bit different in style than the other kits, because I'm trying to cater to MKUltra's expectations and style. All feedback is welcome!

233129-1

Please note:
- the render below does not properly display the arrow keys (they will be actual arrows)
- the render does not properly display some of the concave keys (see above for specifics)
- please give me some feedback on the 3 additional keys in the bottom right corner (are all/any needed?)

233131-2

I'd be super grateful for someone to go over the kit for errors etc.

4. Langelandia gave me the idea to honor the astronauts that took part in the Apollo 11 mission. If you look at the base kit below...

233133-3

... and the ZXC keys, they have sub-legends with the date of the mission. The 3 astronauts themselves were Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins.

So what if I added a "Buzz" sub-legend to the B key, "Neil" to N, and "Michael" to M? They're all right next to each other (there are no coincidences).

Thanks in advance!

Offline PlastikSchnittstelle

I'm begging you to run this with R5 and R0.
Why has noone requested this so far?
Makes me sad.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Makes me sad.

Mixed demand so far. Wonder what the stats are, as in for/against.

Offline Hackerpilot

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless).

Now you have my attention.

Offline KeyCap75

Makes me sad.

I'd be 100% in on R5/R0...build my satisfaction75 with gmk carbon R5/R0 and absolutely love it!

Offline trogdors_arm

Assembly Kit for the win!! Love that we’re kitting more sets with ortho mods and alphas together. Cheers!!

Makes me sad.

I'd be 100% in on R5/R0...build my satisfaction75 with gmk carbon R5/R0 and absolutely love it!

If R5/R0 I'm 100% in as well, if not I'm 100% out.
Btw, I have that carbon set as well and with it you can experience the cherry profile how it was origanally designed and intended to be. I got TA90 for the same reason.

I'm probably in regardless, but I love that R0/R5.

Offline deLEES

Wow... With each updat, I'm loving this more and more.

1. +1 to this idea.
2. YES! They are so nice.
4. Really like that idea.

Offline psycherhexic

1. A few people have been asking for N9 (darker) Home/PgUp/PgDn/End keys for the rightmost column on 65% layouts. I have not yet addressed this directly but I'm still thinking about it.

2. The people from above gave me the idea to expand the novelty kit by a further 6 keys. Please take a look and tell me what you think. I have also taken the liberty of replacing the red with a different shade — it's now RO2 instead of V1 (more red, less orange) and IT IS NOT COLOUR-ACCURATE in the render below. (Please note the arrow keys will have actual arrows, not text — I can't render arrows for some reason.)

3. I'm working on an Assembly Kit (ergo/40s/ortho) with MKUltra (he will be buying out any remaining MOQ, so it should get made regardless). The first draft is below. It is a bit different in style than the other kits, because I'm trying to cater to MKUltra's expectations and style. All feedback is welcome!

Please note:
- the render below does not properly display the arrow keys (they will be actual arrows)
- the render does not properly display some of the concave keys (see above for specifics)
- please give me some feedback on the 3 additional keys in the bottom right corner (are all/any needed?)

I'd be super grateful for someone to go over the kit for errors etc.

4. Langelandia gave me the idea to honor the astronauts that took part in the Apollo 11 mission. If you look at the base kit below...

... and the ZXC keys, they have sub-legends with the date of the mission. The 3 astronauts themselves were Buzz Aldrin, Neil Armstrong, and Michael Collins.

So what if I added a "Buzz" sub-legend to the B key, "Neil" to N, and "Michael" to M? They're all right next to each other (there are no coincidences).

Loving everything so far. Great work.

1. I prefer the lighter option for uniformity.

2. More novelties = better. Looking forward to seeing the new red.

3. Looks okay in my once-over. I am interested in building a redox which uses 1.25u mods on the left and right edges, but I think this is niche (redox) within a niche (ergo), so this is my own problem.

4. This is such a badass idea! Love the dates and the names.

I have a KBD75 and would also love to see R5 and R0. While it is not a competition, and while I will likely buy both sets anyway, this may be another way to differentiate Lunar from Apollo.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
OK guys, I made a poll. I realize that like 3 people have asked for R012345 but here goes...

NEW POLL for GMK Lunar Profile — R1-1-2-3-4-4 vs. R0-1-2-3-4-5.

Moridin: I submitted one response. I was allowed to submit more than one though-maybe change that? Does r0 r5 add to the price?

Rest of the community: I like R0/R5. I’d still buy it as it stands now. Anyone dislike it as Much as I like it? Is it a dealbreaker for some of you? I don’t hear much about it vs rare board compatibility kits and such.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Moridin: I submitted one response. I was allowed to submit more than one though-maybe change that? Does r0 r5 add to the price?

Rest of the community: I like R0/R5. I’d still buy it as it stands now. Anyone dislike it as Much as I like it? Is it a dealbreaker for some of you? I don’t hear much about it vs rare board compatibility kits and such.

It would require logging in to google and I’m trying to get the poll to be as frictionless as possible so please only reply once, kthnxbye. 🙃

OK fixed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2020, 01:54:16 by Moridin »

Offline jimboytacos

That service module assembly Kit has me all over this. This is an instant buy for me. I'm in.

Offline Robosculpts

oh dang an ergo kit! Would the ergo kit have r0 & r5 as well?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
oh dang an ergo kit! Would the ergo kit have r0 & r5 as well?

According to the poll, there’s not enough demand, so I don’t think I’ll be going down thst route for this set.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Updated the Assembly Kit. Supports more layouts now, including XD75 and various other rare layouts.

233251-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 January 2020, 17:52:00 by Moridin »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [ADDED ASSEMBLY KIT]
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 15:45:56 »
Added Assembly Kit to main post. Also, scrapped NorDEUK and 40s kits — there wasn’t enough interest in those.

Regarding the R0/R5 and R1/R4 poll, there are more of the latter.

If you’d like, I could consider making just an R0 row and R5 row supplemental kit in the future. It’s a bit late now for that big of a change so far along into the IC. We’ll be launching the set soon and I don’t want to shake things up drastically.

Let me know what you think. And feel free to join me in Discord - https://discord.gg/9amFvP
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 January 2020, 15:53:07 by Moridin »

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #125 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 17:59:10 »
Sad to see the norde kit go. :(

I dont hope bc of the rough fate for the norde kit on phosphorus you will not give it a second chance in lunar! Which is a must buy for me  :p

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 18:08:23 »
Moridin, put another discord link up here?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 03:34:51 »
Sad to see the norde kit go. :(

I dont hope bc of the rough fate for the norde kit on phosphorus you will not give it a second chance in lunar! Which is a must buy for me  :p

Sadly, I tried for Phosphorous. Some buyers tried to help out. But we only had 20+ kits sold for over 430 base kits. We needed to get closer to 75 at the very least. 😞

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #129 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 20:04:24 »
Great kits, looking forward to it.  Only suggestion is for 1800 kits that have a 2u + and 1u + and 1u - with the pg down or somesort in the top right area of the numpad, to maybe have a 1u black novelty to keep the black look of the numpad on those boards.  I guess we could use two of the -'s
Mech 27 | Mira SE | Singa

Offline Possumx

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 14 January 2020, 17:47:20 »
Will this have Rama or other special Keys/Deskmats?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #131 on: Wed, 15 January 2020, 02:07:40 »
Will this have Rama or other special Keys/Deskmats?

Yes. Please check the thread for Salvun's awesome R1 artisan. Planning deskmats and one other surprise. 😉

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [NEW RENDERS ADDED]
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 03:43:52 »
Added new renders (below and main post).

234499-0

234501-1

234503-2

234505-3

234507-4

234509-5

For those curious, this is N6 (the yellow I'll be using) compared to the e-yellow Think6.5.

234511-6

Offline hottrout

« Reply #133 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:38:13 »
Is there no way that Nord/UK/ISO will make it into the buy?
I started with a Sinclair human flesh keyboard in 1980 and it has never stopped.

Rig1 |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Rig2 |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX1080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|Dell AW3418DW
Rig3 |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1200Watt PSU

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 04:55:52 »
Is there no way that Nord/UK/ISO will make it into the buy?

No. See above.

Basic ISO support is in the base kit.

Offline Possumx

« Reply #135 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 11:54:46 »
100% Pickup at this point

Offline Altirix

« Reply #136 on: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:16:51 »
would have been interested, im thinking this could look pretty sick using the N9 Alphas Kit with the upcoming GMK Bleached. however, no UK ISO:c imma dream for UK support
« Last Edit: Tue, 28 January 2020, 12:28:49 by Altirix »

Offline Robosculpts

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 29 January 2020, 18:43:08 »
Assembly kit looking solid. Digging that N9 legends on 2B.

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #138 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 10:04:04 »
Solid color and legend man :thumb:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 19:42:53 »
Thanks guys!

Ars just posted an article on the AGC. Well worth reading if you’re into it (and I assume you are!):

A deep dive into the Apollo Guidance Computer, and the hack that saved Apollo 14

Offline Narf

Updated the Assembly Kit. Supports more layouts now, including XD75 and various other rare layouts.

Really nice coverage for this kit - probably the best coverage I have seen on an Assembly kit. I really appreciate those bottom row 1.5u mods for things like the Sol2. I will go in on an Assembly kit for sure. I really hope it can hit MOQ.

Das Ultimate MT3 /dev/tty     UniGo66 GMK Space Cadet      Boardwalk GMK Oblivion V2       Boardwalk DSA Granite   Sol2 SA Symbiosis 2.0

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 09:56:38 »
Assembly Kit should have no issues hitting MOQ. More info on this soon.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 05:17:01 »
Command Module + Lunar Module + Houston! We Have A Problem! on red RAMA M60-A LNY20 renders.

235438-0
235440-1
235442-2

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 08:29:52 »
Dear everyone!

If you want the freshet, purest, sweetest, most of out this world updates on GMK Lunar, come see my Stories on Instagram! Yes, we have a GB date!

235507-0

Offline dankwiel

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 12:59:02 »
love it so much, gonna be my first gmk keycap :thumb:

Offline hkiri

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 13:43:46 »
I really like the overall look of the set, but I'm not too keen on the mods.
Will see spontanously if this might be a deal breaker for me.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 02:47:45 »
love it so much, gonna be my first gmk keycap :thumb:

I remember my first GMK set and the excitement waiting for it. I envy you a little bit...

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 02:48:34 »
I really like the overall look of the set, but I'm not too keen on the mods.
Will see spontanously if this might be a deal breaker for me.

You need to get your space-nerd-hat on! 😉

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Dear space fans,

It is with the utmost excitement that I give you the preliminary group buy start and end date:

March 6 – April 7

235555-0

I don’t foresee any major changes to that date, so we have around 3 weeks to go!

Proxies

Lunar will be available for purchase at TheKey.Company (USA), MyKeyboard.eu (EU), Daily Clack (AUS), and iLumKB (SG).

sad no R0&R5  :(

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
sad no R0&R5  :(

Not enough demand unfortunately. Maybe in a few years, if there ever is an R2.

Offline VXQN

What colour are the legenda on the Lunar Module (N9 Alphas Kit)? Can't tell if they're white or light grey.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
What colour are the legenda on the Lunar Module (N9 Alphas Kit)? Can't tell if they're white or light grey.

2M. Very light grey.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
To clarify:

- keys are 2B
- legends are 2M
- dark alphas are N9 with 2M legends
- yellow accents are N6 with N9 legends where appropriate
- red accents are RO2 with 2M legends

Offline DrKlaw

This kit is amazing and I'm in for the Assembly kit for sure, but why does it have no accent keys? Seems like all the flashy renders are showing off the yellows and reds, which you get none of in the assembly kit. Nada. Not one.  :(
ErgoDash

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
This kit is amazing and I'm in for the Assembly kit for sure, but why does it have no accent keys? Seems like all the flashy renders are showing off the yellows and reds, which you get none of in the assembly kit. Nada. Not one.  :(

To keep the price realistic. We’ve got 77 new molds in this set and unfortunately, something had to give.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Great news! Driftingbunnies will be doing an R2 of Austin! Check out the IC thread here.

235825-0
« Last Edit: Sat, 15 February 2020, 03:36:39 by Moridin »