Author Topic: Renders for numpad  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Keyboard_Warrior364

• Instagram: armourgrade
Renders for numpad
« on: Fri, 25 October 2019, 13:30:22 »
Hello everyone, this is still a work in progress, but Id like to present a few renders of a numpad I've been working on. The case consists of two parts, the bottom piece and the backplate. The backplate is 4.5mm thick and the angle is currently 6 degrees.
What do you think of the design?

Offline carlos.elegado

• no website
Re: Renders for numpad
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 09:02:36 »
I like the shape and the relief for the USB-C port.  Two of the pictures seem to show the upper corners with black patches.  Are those just rendering artifacts or are they really there.  I'd prefer a continuous case without whatever those are. 

My personal preference would be a little less bezel, but this is a beautiful piece that I would buy into.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 11:54:10 »
I like the design, do you plan on doing other colors?

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 12:28:50 »
The black patches are reflections from low quality rendering. This wont appear in the actual numpad.

The keyboard has a bit of a chunky design, partly because I like it that way, but also to accommodate a second pcb with an industrial grade type-C port for better reliability. The port is decently big.

Regarding colors, a company I've previously worked with only offers two: a matt silver and a dark coal black, both are anodized. I like them since the stuff they did previously was really top quality, sadly they still don't offer other colors.

Thanks for giving me some feedback on the design and renders.

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 15 November 2019, 06:04:26 »
So I've made a few changes to the numpads design since last time and  I'd like to show you what the final design should look like.

I'll upload my pcb schematics later on as well, though there are still a few changes I need to make.

What do you guys think?