Author Topic: [IC] SA Skyriter (JUN 21, 2020 - Kits updates)  (Read 29669 times)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
Re: [IC] SA Skyriter (JUN 21, 2020 - Kits updates)
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 15:29:34 »
The kit update looks good, although I think you may have swapped the size annotations on the 1.75u and 2.25u Shift keys by accident :D

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 17:45:16 »
The kit update looks good, although I think you may have swapped the size annotations on the 1.75u and 2.25u Shift keys by accident :D

Oops! Good catch, I've fixed it now thanks.

Offline dstaar

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 22:24:19 »

Is it possible to add light-green 6.25u and/or 7u Space into the Spacekeys kit?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #103 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 23:49:17 »
Boo.  I'll still buy the set, but the olive modifiers are just too much olive.  I would have liked to do monochrome with olive accents on return and escape.  Oh well, like I said, I'll still support the group buy.   :thumb:
Iím sorry, I know you were excited about the possibility. I appreciate you supporting this kit and will do my best to ensure the colours are closely matched to the originals for that authentic retro colour scheme!

Offline husnulhamidiah

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 08:08:10 »
Whats the unit of spacebar in alpha? Is it 6.25u?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 08:31:26 »
Whats the unit of spacebar in alpha? Is it 6.25u?
Correct. 6.25u and 7u in the alphas kit.

Offline Motte

Re: [IC] SA Skyriter (JUN 8, 2020 - Kits updates + Monochrome Kit!)
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:50:21 »
Motte hopefully the latest additions will help you!

Thank you. It's a step in the right direction. Sorry I really don't want to be pushy. Would you consider adding a complete nordic set or do you feel there isn't enough interest?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 12:53:34 »
Motte hopefully the latest additions will help you!

Thank you. It's a step in the right direction. Sorry I really don't want to be pushy. Would you consider adding a complete nordic set or do you feel there isn't enough interest?
Iím considering it. There have been a few requests so Iím going to put something together and get a quote. I donít want to promise anything but thereís definitely a possibility!

Offline trashpanda

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 16:39:22 »
bummer was really looking forward to that monochrome TLK kit... why'd it get the axe?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 17:04:56 »
bummer was really looking forward to that monochrome TLK kit... why'd it get the axe?
I tried to explain in a previous post but after polling the community more people would prefer a higher MOQ, lower pricing, and better coverage in the olive modifiers. That wouldnít be possible if there were two modifier kits to choose from.

Additionally, after seeing a few renders from Voodoo6k I felt like it was deviating too much from my initial design goals.

Sorry to tease you with the idea and then retract it. It was a hard choice but I think ultimately the best choice for the overall GB.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 19:50:18 »
I'm thinking about adding a NorDe kit alongside the ISO kit as there have been a fair amount of requests for it (no guarantees). Here's what I've got so far which basically copies Oblivion and Dasher Dancer NorDe kits.

For those who would be interested in this kit, am I missing anything or have any of the characters wrong?

Offline trashpanda

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 12:07:35 »
Sorry to tease you with the idea and then retract it. It was a hard choice but I think ultimately the best choice for the overall GB.

aww s'all good. monochrome keysets are harder to find it seems and i love the look of them, was very briefly excited to get both dark and light green modifiers. but i'll be happy with what you've put together, so pretty!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:29:43 »
I'm thinking about adding a NorDe kit alongside the ISO kit as there have been a fair amount of requests for it (no guarantees). Here's what I've got so far which basically copies Oblivion and Dasher Dancer NorDe kits.

For those who would be interested in this kit, am I missing anything or have any of the characters wrong?

Show Image

A couple things seem to be off / missing. Here's a list, hope you'll find it helpful:
  • R1 2" can be removed since it's already present in the ISO kit as part of the UK keys.
  • The R1 ^į legend looks a bit off, namely the top character. It appears to be a masculine ordinal indicator (ļ) used in Spanish, whereas the German keyboard layout has a degree sign (į) in that spot.
  • R2 Z alpha is missing for Deutsch.
  • You may want to add a R4 numpad , key, since that's what these languages use, but I wouldn't say it's a must.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:43:36 by konstantin »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:37:46 »

Show Image

A couple things seem to be off / missing. Here's a list, hope you'll find it helpful:
  • R1 2" can be removed since it's already present in the ISO kit as part of the UK keys.
  • The R1 ^į legend looks a bit off, namely the top character. It appears to be a masculine ordinal indicator (ļ) used in Spanish, whereas the German keyboard layout has a degree sign (į) in that spot.
  • R2 Z alpha is missing for Deutsch.
  • You may want to add a R4 numpad , key, since that's what these languages use, but I wouldn't say it's a must.

Thanks as always, youíre so on top of these things! Yes, I realized I used the wrong character instead of the degree symbol and Iíll update that. Iíll add the ďZĒ R2 alpha and consider the Numpad key

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #114 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 13:45:54 »
Thanks as always, you’re so on top of these things! Yes, I realized I used the wrong character instead of the degree symbol and I’ll update that. I’ll add the “Z” R2 alpha and consider the Numpad key

My pleasure! I edited in a note after you had replied, so I'll repost it just in case, so you don't miss it:

Adding the following two keys would also let you support Estonian (since it's already covered for the most part), but I'm not sure if that's something you want: R2 ’, R1 ˇ~.
The latter is less important since it looks almost identical to the regular `~ key, and it occupies the same spot, so you could get away with just adding the ’ (again, if supporting Estonian is something you want).

Offline Motte

« Reply #115 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:15:17 »

Show Image

Nicely done! And thank you for being open for us ISO guys :)
konstantin said most points I saw. On german R2 Q and E have second legends: The first one a @ and the latter a Ä. But I don't think they're a must.
As a german typer, there's a general thing I don't like about separate NorDe and UK kits: I'd have to buy both. The ideal way probably would be to add all the keys a potential buyer would need. But again, this way has a higher risk of not being economical. Having one NorDeUK kit with a bit higher price would be the best compromise IMHO.

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 16:28:19 »
Having one NorDeUK kit with a bit higher price would be the best compromise IMHO.
It would probably help with reaching the MOQ too... I'm using the ISO UK only but i dont mind the bigger kit if that means it can be made at all.

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 16:32:21 »

Show Image

Nicely done! And thank you for being open for us ISO guys :)
konstantin said most points I saw. On german R2 Q and E have second legends: The first one a @ and the latter a Ä. But I don't think they're a must.
As a german typer, there's a general thing I don't like about separate NorDe and UK kits: I'd have to buy both. The ideal way probably would be to add all the keys a potential buyer would need. But again, this way has a higher risk of not being economical. Having one NorDeUK kit with a bit higher price would be the best compromise IMHO.
Having one NorDeUK kit with a bit higher price would be the best compromise IMHO.
It would probably help with reaching the MOQ too... I'm using the ISO UK only but i dont mind the bigger kit if that means it can be made at all.

Iíll consider a combined kit. I donít want ISO users to feel like they have to buy all these extra keys if they are combined and yet it may work out better from an MOQ standpoint if they were. Iíll get quotes for both options and decide from there!

Offline Surefoot

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 18:12:54 »
We're getting $500 keyboards and $200 keysets. We are fine :)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 20:29:46 »

Take a look at these stats (source):

Imo, there are enough German and Nordic users on one hand, and UK and US ISO users on the other hand, to warrant keeping the kits separate. I would either leave them as is, or I would add 2", ISO Enter, 1.25u Shift to the NorDe kit so NorDe users don't have to buy the UK/US keys. But at that point it's just a couple of extra keys, so keeping the kits as is might be the way to go since it also helps the ISO kit hit MOQ.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 04:50:57 by konstantin »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 03:54:38 »
I love that graph, ISO users unite.  I am always happy when any designer takes the time to include ISO in their design and sets.
I started with a Sinclair human flesh keyboard in 1980 and it has never stopped.

Rig1 |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Rig2 |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX1080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|Dell AW3418DW
Rig3 |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1200Watt PSU