Author Topic: Few questions about a terminal Model M  (Read 583 times)

Offline kelvinhall05

• LinusTechTips
Few questions about a terminal Model M
« on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 19:37:58 »
I finished converting it using a Pro Micro with Soarer's firmware since I'm too cheap to buy a Teensy. So far it's working great, but some stuff isn't working like escape and almost all the keys above the arrow keys, as well as basically everything in the numpad except for the number keys themselves. I think they need to be remapped or something...how would I do that? I'm also having an issue with the backspace occasionally sticking down. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Few questions about a terminal Model M
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 November 2019, 20:21:28 »
The original post in Soarer's thread contains the documents and there is a mapping list in spreadsheet form.

A key sticking down is a mechanical problem, try pulling it, checking for dirt or damage, and re-seating it.
The problem is deeper than reporters asking tough questions of both sides, but the view of politics these questions reflect. Simply put, this view is the one that Trump rode to victory on and built his cult with.
Democrats and progressives want politics to be about policies that will help Americans and solve problems; Trumpists want to make politics about lies, insults, personalities and tribal warfare, so that the American people continue to believe that politics is just a sideshow that has nothing to do with their lives.
Journalists should hold politicians accountable on both sides of the aisle, but they should do so in substantive ways, not by asking irrelevant questions that look more like gotcha oppo research than substantive questions about policy. At a deeper level, the choices that journalists and media companies make right now will have an important impact on whether we as a nation are able to rise from the destruction of January 6th to revitalize our democracy, or to slide helplessly into fascism.
– “Arizona Blues” 2021

Offline kelvinhall05

• LinusTechTips
Re: Few questions about a terminal Model M
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 November 2019, 06:05:31 »
The original post in Soarer's thread contains the documents and there is a mapping list in spreadsheet form.

A key sticking down is a mechanical problem, try pulling it, checking for dirt or damage, and re-seating it.

I'll check out his thread, thanks. I've already inspected them and cleaned the stem and the stem hole (whatever it's called) with a qtip with rubbing alcohol. I'll try it again...do you think some white lithium grease or EliteKeyboards stab lube could help?