Author Topic: Where to buy keycaps?  (Read 2930 times)

Offline parthshah

Where to buy keycaps?
« on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 07:32:33 »
So I am new to the hobby and want to build my first keyboard, but I can't find any good keycaps or stores that have multiple good choices. Are there certain sellers or websites for keycaps? Where do you buy your keycaps?

Any Updates??

« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2020, 01:14:12 by parthshah »

Offline Slayer77

Re: Where to buy keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 07:38:29 »
What profile, price range? If you are in Asia, judging by your name try kbdfans, ilumkb or zfrontier

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline AceEntity

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 00:23:01 »
I buy most of my keycaps from group buys on geekhack. I bought some cheap dsa keycaps from amazonn for my first build because I didn't want to wait for group buy shipping. Drop.com always has keycap group buys, some of which ship quickly, and you can always check reddit.com/r/mechmarket. Keycaps are constantly being listed there.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 14 March 2020, 00:37:38 »
I was a little confused when I first got into the hobby as well. I tried buying a few "off the shelf" sets that were _really_ sub par; they were mostly a waste of money. I would suggest steering away from most of those.

Group buys are generally your best bet in terms of quality, but you'll have to wait a bit. If you want something immediate, check out /r/mechmarket on Reddit but you'll be paying a bit more.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 March 2020, 14:16:57 »
See pinned post "All keycap site list"

Otherwise Drop, Mechanicalkeyboards, KBDFAN all good stock sets. Do not buy on Amazon Unless you know you want Drop,SP,GMK ETC. Their $10-$20 sets will leave you sorry. Although Amazon does have some good prices on high end sets if they have the set you want. That is not Prime though. Wait 3 weeks. I am too impatient for group buys. I will actually pay for a one off. I understand most would not.

Offline Radium

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 17 March 2020, 02:24:55 »
You can join groupbuys in 4rum or buy keycaps on some website such as https://pimpmykeyboard.com.. or seller with good price