Author Topic: [IC] Austin r2 (Compact Full Size)  (Read 8558 times)

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
Re: [IC] Austin r2 (Compact Full Size)
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 17 February 2020, 23:25:22 »
Very interested in this board. Can't wait for it to reach GB stage. My only change request would be for an option for 3 keys to the right of the spacebar instead of 2.

Final word is bunnies', but I'm pretty sure we are not looking into adding or removing layout options right now
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline hottrout

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 09:22:24 »
I missed out on R1 but I think that I will not miss out this time, hopefully.  Looking forward to the start of this GB.
I started with a Sinclair human flesh keyboard in 1980 and it has never stopped.

Rig1 |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Rig2 |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX1080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|Dell AW3418DW
Rig3 |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1200Watt PSU

Offline ddrfraser1

• IWHBYD
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 15:53:55 »
Didn't see it on the IC form but I would want gold or rose gold

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝕸𝖃 𝕭𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓 𝕭𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖘𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 15:58:30 »
Team olive or dark dark army green checking in  :D

I doubt it's popular enough though tbh, so I was hoping for a raw option to have Cerakoted at a local place if this ends up not being a choice  :thumb:

Recently came into some job responsibilities that require a numpad so this is perfect!

Offline Fuzon

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 19 February 2020, 17:10:52 »
A few questions. Would it be possible to have no logo on the brass weight or maybe substitute Austin with the same triangle from the front?

Second i haven't used a board lower than  7 degrees how much more different is this?

Its a beautiful board for sure, while i can't tell if the acoustics are up with the best of them, i can appreciate a nice full size layout without the space.

Offline Shikada

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 02:49:03 »
Will it be FCFS or random raffle? Asking because FCFS kinda nonsense at unholy times is a hard no for me :)

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 07:45:56 »
A few questions. Would it be possible to have no logo on the brass weight or maybe substitute Austin with the same triangle from the front?

Second i haven't used a board lower than  7 degrees how much more different is this?

Its a beautiful board for sure, while i can't tell if the acoustics are up with the best of them, i can appreciate a nice full size layout without the space.

If I were to remove the logo from the brass weight for one person, I would have to do it for everyone. I'd like to keep down the number of variations as possible to keep QC high. Once you have your keyboard on your desk, I promise you won't notice the Austin on the weight.

5.5 vs 7 degrees is a 1.5 degree difference. There is a difference but it depends on how you type. I find 5.5 pretty comfortable but you can ask people in the discord how they like it.

Team olive or dark dark army green checking in  :D

I doubt it's popular enough though tbh, so I was hoping for a raw option to have Cerakoted at a local place if this ends up not being a choice  :thumb:

Recently came into some job responsibilities that require a numpad so this is perfect!

I'll have to ask my manufacturer but if I offer a raw option, that takes away a colored option for others.

Will it be FCFS or random raffle? Asking because FCFS kinda nonsense at unholy times is a hard no for me :)

For the GB, I plan to do FCFS again. It was set to 9AM CST last time which should be fairly reasonable for most people in the world except for hawaii. I did the random raffle for extras but I think it unfairly favors those who stumble upon the board vs those who have been waiting for it for a long time.

Offline cnbrauns30

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 16:10:28 »
Please let me in on this R2! Hoping for e-white :)

Offline cnbrauns30

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 07:37:38 »
Speaking of FCFS, will you have more total available boards to sell this time around?
Thanks

Offline PheonixStarr

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 10:49:11 »
austin r2 when

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 21 February 2020, 13:06:56 »
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline godofdeath

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 25 February 2020, 18:38:20 »
I need this if I take up the accounting jobs
Had
DAS blue
DAS brown
Realforce 103ub

Current
Filco 104 browns