Author Topic: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Prototype finished!)  (Read 47622 times)

fractl and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline snurrebassen

• 2 year old mechanical keyboard hobbyist
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard (Prototype finished!)
« Reply #250 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:47:16 »
Will e-white still be a colour option?

As far as I know, e-white is one of the easier colors to do, so yes I reckon it will be  :)

Offline Erigorin

« Reply #251 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:49:10 »

As far as I know, e-white is one of the easier colors to do, so yes I reckon it will be  :)
Oh I really hope so! I'm planning to combine the eclipse with GMK Minimall!

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard
« Reply #252 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 07:55:39 »
Please take my money...

- QTY, first round will most likely be limited to 150 units FCFS. This is simply to make sure the quality can be met to match the samples on all units.

Offline ogp3

« Reply #253 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 10:47:01 »
This is absolutely beautiful! I love the changes you made, really excited for this GB - praying Iíll be able to snag a spot!

Offline Shutter_Shock

« Reply #254 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 11:55:00 »
Proto is looking good! I agree the gap could be tightened up a little though.

Offline werc

« Reply #255 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:36:23 »
+1 for hotswap. Would love to see that.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #256 on: Tue, 19 May 2020, 13:44:12 »

And the best too!

Offline rmw2013

« Reply #257 on: Thu, 21 May 2020, 17:30:25 »
Despite the slightly thicker bezels I'm still really excited for this case!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline azzipa

« Reply #258 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 12:48:34 »
Seems like there isnít much consensus on what to call this layout. This thread has gone from "TKL" 60% to 70% gasket mount, and Quinella called it a FKL TKL. Maybe it doesnít matter what we call it, but Iím thinking Compact TKL mostly because there doesnít seem to be much consensus around a 70% layout. I guess I don't really care as long as this board makes it to GB.

By the way, I went back and read the thread on Cygnus. Lots of drama. Likely based on a stolen design from Bisoromi which went sideways. The full read is here. It got me thinking about where 'ownership' of a design or concept ends and public domain begins. Does anyone own a layout? Probably not. Besides, check out the Drevo Caliber 71. Seems to be the same layout and Amazon puts the listing date as December 2016, way before anything was ever posted here on GH.

Offline snurrebassen

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 13:09:08 »
Seems like there isnít much consensus on what to call this layout. This thread has gone from "TKL" 60% to 70% gasket mount, and Quinella called it a FKL TKL. Maybe it doesnít matter what we call it, but Iím thinking Compact TKL mostly because there doesnít seem to be much consensus around a 70% layout. I guess I don't really care as long as this board makes it to GB.

By the way, I went back and read the thread on Cygnus. Lots of drama. Likely based on a stolen design from Bisoromi which went sideways. The full read is here. It got me thinking about where 'ownership' of a design or concept ends and public domain begins. Does anyone own a layout? Probably not. Besides, check out the Drevo Caliber 71. Seems to be the same layout and Amazon puts the listing date as December 2016, way before anything was ever posted here on GH.

I kinda like "Compact TKL"!

But yeah I've read through that GB a few times. It seems to have been a bunch of misunderstandings etc, but all straightened out now between Phoenix and Biso, which I'm happy about!
In any case, I dont think anyone can "own" a layout unless it's very particular like the Alice layout etc, then i suppose it's more a courtesy to ask whether it's okay to do it.

In this case, it's just a TKL layout with Frow redacted so it's not really a big design-feat to pull that off.

In my opinion, the case mounting and design, testing and revisions as well as designing the PCB, is what makes something unique, regardless of the layout. It takes a bunch of initiative to pull off a design, both to have it produced and sold in a GB and that's what counts.

I honestly (and maybe naively) think this community will naturally spot and call out anyone if they steal or do unethical stuff and run GBs for their own profits.

Another user here on GH pointed out the Calibur to me, I honestly hadn't seen it before!

Offline gminso

« Reply #260 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 10:20:55 »
I am very interested. one question, is it my brain or the gaps between the keycaps and the top case look larger than usual.

Offline TibtibThePrincess

• Look but don't buy
Re: [IC] Eclipse - 70% gasket mount keyboard
« Reply #261 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 10:40:27 »
I am very interested. one question, is it my brain or the gaps between the keycaps and the top case look larger than usual.

This was adressed in the prototype build

The distance from keycaps to inner edges is something that definitely will be fixed and tightened up. I honestly expected it to look worse than it does now. The gap looked way bigger virtually.
Still I will make it fit tighter, by adjusting it a tiny bit, so the caps will be fit better in the case.

Offline BaltO

« Reply #262 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 01:27:54 »
this is it chief, im in

Offline Sagan

« Reply #263 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 03:38:38 »
Damn was really excited for this board but the proto looks kinda bad. Renders were nice and sleek but the proto is super bulky. Has a completely different feel.

Offline snurrebassen

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 04:36:01 »
Damn was really excited for this board but the proto looks kinda bad. Renders were nice and sleek but the proto is super bulky. Has a completely different feel.
What exactly do you have in mind, with the term bulky?
Iím aiming to improve this prototype, so Iím gonna try out a few things to see if I can make it better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline vaf1en

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 05:22:41 »
What exactly do you have in mind, with the term bulky?
It has come up a couple of times that the bezels are bigger than what especially the OP render suggests.
To me it looks like the opening render has a bezel around 1 cm range whereas the prototype sports one in the 1.5-2 cm range. (These are not accurate numbers but to illustrate the discrepancy between render and prototype.)
You have recently posted a render of a WKL version, and that render seems to have bezels matching those of the prototype much better than the OP render.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:05:14 »
As long as the crazy gaps get sorted it looks pretty good to me.

Offline phinix

« Reply #267 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 13:51:42 »
Yeah, bezels look fine, thick bezels always look great.
Gaps can be little bit adjusted and its all gooooood :D
9100 | 2070s | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Philips 40" 4K BDM4065UC | Sentry 1.1
Realforce R2 55g Novatouched | Realforce 87U55 | Model M | Logitech MX518 Legend | X52 PRO
SA: Carbon, Penumbra, 7bit's Round6, Amber Screen Cherry: OG double shot XDA: Canvas MDA: Big Bone

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::
star citizen :::  CMDR Phinix 325A LTI