Author Topic: New Topre / Realforce for the Mac keyboard? 30g or variable only  (Read 986 times)

Offline xrayos

hmm,

has anyone tried one of these yet? I'm mainly a Mac user, but need a good keyboard. It's got Mac specific fn keys

https://www.realforce.co.jp/en/products/R2TLSA-US3M-WH/index.html

238953-0

Offline rxc92

Re: New Topre / Realforce for the Mac keyboard? 30g or variable only
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 23:38:12 »
This is the first I've ever heard or seen of it, cool find there. An interesting point is that a normal R2 87 (with all plastic case) is 1.2 kg, yet this one with what looks like a brushed aluminum top (imitating Mac keyboards) is stated as 1.1 kg. Perhaps they shaved off a bit of the height? The bottom is still the same piece of plastic, however.

Offline subcat

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 00:14:29 »
This is the first I've ever heard or seen of it, cool find there. An interesting point is that a normal R2 87 (with all plastic case) is 1.2 kg, yet this one with what looks like a brushed aluminum top (imitating Mac keyboards) is stated as 1.1 kg. Perhaps they shaved off a bit of the height? The bottom is still the same piece of plastic, however.

i can confirm that the top is plastic, these have been out for almost a year now
in the belly of the beast

Offline rxc92

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 02:09:05 »
Was its launch announced? I donít remember hearing of it anywhere.

Offline subcat

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 02:21:09 »
yeah, it was first reported in december 2018: https://www.4gamer.net/games/317/G031703/20181225020/

in the belly of the beast

Offline Riverman

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 11:28:23 »
These seem to be new Mac models.  The old ones were all full size in a JIS layout.  It looks like the old full-size ones are all discontinued, replaced by a bunch of tenkeyless models in a US layout.  I love that they have US layouts now, although no US distributors, but I really like having a numeric keypad.

Offline xrayos

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 14:12:59 »
I'm thinking about buying one from amazon.co.jp and using a forwarding service. Too bad the yen/usd is not as favorable as it had been. I'm hoping this one has fixed the usb wake from sleep issue.

Offline ryahirv

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 April 2020, 13:03:44 »
Fascinating - Very interested in trying one of these, particularly with the space bar and command key meeting at the normal point for Mac users (command fully taking up space below X key)

Offline ganymede

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 01:55:17 »
I just bought one of these and it works flawlessly with macOS. Wakes from sleep, function keys operate as expected, etc. There's also a macOS version of the configuration tool available for download at realforce.co.jp.