Author Topic: The most epic keyboard ever designed  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Maledicted

Offline Maledicted

« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2020, 14:50:00 by Maledicted »

Offline Findecanor

Re: The most epic keyboard ever designed
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 17:36:17 »
Xi Jinping's keyboard ...
Man must shape his tools lest they shape him
-- Arthur Miller

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 18:01:07 »
Xi Jinping's keyboard ...

Ha. I hadn't even thought about that one. Nice.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 11 May 2020, 20:19:51 »
Just waiting for a mad man to trim the integrated rubber dome "plate" and find a fullsize PCB with similar spacing. This thing with look top tier with some Handerbeit :cool:

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 12 May 2020, 21:11:28 »
wonder what happened to that missing cap.   maybe someone got hungry and they.... eight it.   :cool:

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 13:00:30 »
wonder what happened to that missing cap.   maybe someone got hungry and they.... eight it.   :cool:

Ha. Completely optional personal question: Are you a father? That was a bona fide dad joke.

Offline pixelpusher

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 13 May 2020, 14:27:59 »

Ha. Completely optional personal question: Are you a father? That was a bona fide dad joke.

Indeed.  I yam.

Offline FRANCO

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 11:50:50 »
Are those stackpole switches? lol

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 12:09:26 »

Ha. I wish. Those feel wonderful.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 17:11:37 »

Ha. I wish. Those feel wonderful.

I hope you don't mean these stackpoles...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 17:21:58 »

Yes, those are dreadful. Stiff, long throw, and linear.
Were our leaders just stupid? Well, maybe. But there’s a deeper explanation of the profoundly self-destructive behavior of Trump and his allies: They were all members of America’s cult of selfishness. You see, the modern US right is committed to the proposition that greed is good, that we’re all better off when individuals engage in the untrammeled pursuit of self-interest. In their vision, unrestricted profit maximization by businesses and unregulated consumer choice is the recipe for a good society.
Support for this proposition is, if anything, more emotional than intellectual. I’ve long been struck by the intensity of right-wing anger against relatively trivial regulations, like bans on phosphates in detergent and efficiency standards for light bulbs. It’s the principle of the thing: Many on the right are enraged at any suggestion that their actions should take other people’s welfare into account. This rage is sometimes portrayed as love of freedom. But people who insist on the right to pollute are notably unbothered by, say, federal agents tear-gassing peaceful protesters. What they call “freedom” is actually absence of responsibility.
Rational policy in a pandemic, however, is all about taking responsibility. The main reason you shouldn’t go to a bar and should wear a mask isn’t self-protection, although that’s part of it; the point is that congregating in noisy, crowded spaces or exhaling droplets into shared air puts others at risk. And that’s the kind of thing America’s right just hates, hates to hear. Anger at any suggestion of social responsibility also helps explain the looming fiscal catastrophe.  – Paul Krugman 2020-07-28 NYT

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 19:16:21 »

Yes, those are dreadful. Stiff, long throw, and linear.

Similar, but a different slider color. I guess I was more specifically thinking Hi-Tek high profiles, which I felt for the first time recently in an old Atari 800 a coworker brought in to play around with. I did find them stiff, but they were very smooth. I prefer clickies, but I can appreciate a nice linear. I suppose the long throw doesn't bother me. When I was paying attention to the switches, the system wasn't on, so I didn't get a good feel for them in actual use.