Author Topic: [IC] Infinikey Port | Pricing and Dates!  (Read 23429 times)

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
[IC] Infinikey Port | Pricing and Dates!
« on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 12:48:07 »

Hello everyone! The last 4-5 months of hiatus on the set has been primarily due to an overload of work on my end, as I was working two jobs before COVID-19 struck, as well as building relationships and expanding horizons for the business. With a renewed vigor, Port’s interest check will be resuming with a vast amount of changes and updates!

Infinikey Port

The Set

For those that have seen the previous IC thread from a wee while ago, Port's colouring is inspired from a well-loved Australian dessert, the jelly slice, very specifically the port wine jelly slice. The trifecta of colours are layers of jelly topping, sweetened condensed milk, and crushed Arnott's Biscuits. Aeroplane jelly is the definition of an Australian brand, as it has been owned and ran by the same family since 1927. As an Australian, it's an honour to translate that feeling of nostalgia and home to a keyboard and to the global community.

*DISCLAIMER* Infinikey Port is not affiliated with RAMA WORKS in any way, shape, or form.

The colours have changed over from RAL to Pantone with the change from GMK to Infinikey. They will stay very similar, but I feel that the new Pantone colours are richer and much closer to what I had envisioned.

A deal has been struck with TheKey.Company (TKC) to manufacture the kit through Infinikey, and thus will be changed over to PBT from GMK and ABS. There are a variety of reasons for this, and I will go into those below.

The first is the development of dye-subbing that the Infinikey factory has developed: it is now much easier to have reverse dye-sub with the PBT material, which was nigh-impossible when I had posted the thread for GMK Port last year. This allows for a near-infinite number of opportunities for keycap sets in a variety of colours alongside a shorter manufacturing period, lower MOQ requirements, and a lower cost to consumers for more keys. TKC has been incredibly accommodating with working the set in to their schedule, negotiating with their own worldwide proxies, and assisting with any questions I’ve had.

Kits

Unlike the variety of kits that were originally declared under GMK, Infinikey Port has two kits: the core kit which will come with a couple novelties and the majority of keys most layouts will need, and the mega add-on kit, which provides more novelties and more niche keycaps that should fill just about any board. There will be no changes to these kits as they have been chosen to cover the largest field of layouts at the best price possible.

Core Kit - $85

Mega Add-On Kit - $40

Renders

Iron165 by Smith+Rune

J-02 by JaeKeebs

Nirvana by ogWalker and Chad

Iron180 by Smith + Rune

To keep up to date on all my projects, please join my Discord  :)

Deskmats

Jelly for Dinner

Jelly for Tea

GB Date and Duration

I'm incredibly happy to announce the groupbuy date for Infinikey Port has been settled, and will begin on July 17th! The set will run for two weeks with an MOQ of 100 for both kits.

Vendors

- USA: TheKey.Company
- Canada: Ashkeebs
- EU: Prototypist
- AU: Switchkeys
- Asia: zFrontier

Credits

Lots of new people to thank again for all their hard work!

OneCreativeMind - Your amazing, quick work with getting the deskmats, box art, and novelties done within two days. I was struggling trying to visualize all of them and you did it so easily!
ogWalker - For doing all of my new renders, it means a lot. Thank you for joining my team, and I look forward to the work we'll get to do together in the future. Thanks also for reaching out to some artisan makers to try and get collaborations!
Memories - For creating and moderating my Discord server, as well as always being available to reach out to should I need help.
Jackie - As always my friend, thank you for your work on my website, and for working on creating a beautiful IC/GB page on the site that's going to be available soon. You've had to do this a second time now and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!
Rise from TKC - You've been so helpful and have brought new hope to having Port be a success. Thank you for finding the time to squeeze my set in, and I look forward to seeing how it turns out with Infinikey!
And a big thank you to everyone who has been messaging me with support for the set; it's not been an easy year for me so far, and your support means so much.

Updates

- 06/08/20: Deskmat renders and pantones added
- 06/10/20: Kits updated to include Konstantin's core kit suggestions 1 and 2, and mega add-on kit suggestion 5 for ortho & 40s. Candybar Numpad keys also added to the 40s area. Deskmats given names thematic to the Aeroplane Jelly theme song
- 06/24/20: Final pricing and date set. Alphakeycaps Keypora confirmed on Instagram, Primecaps collaboration to begin once samples come through in July
- 07/15/20: Updated pricing on Mega Add-on Kit, much lower now! Sorry for the mistake

« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 12:46:53 by Ashardalon »

Offline ogWalker

Re: [IC] Infinikey Port | New Kits, Renders, Box Art, and More!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 12:54:41 »
yes please! Super excited for this to finally be running :)

Offline CrazyAssMonkey

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 13:03:30 »
This is nice, makes me want to drink.

Offline rooski15

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 13:19:38 »
Looks very nice.

Curious - why the Rama disclaimer? Im outta the loop.

Offline ivu

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 13:20:18 »
Glad to finally see this back in IC. Been a while :thumb:

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 13:23:01 »
Do you have RAL or Pantone colours you can share?

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:05:46 »
Do you have RAL or Pantone colours you can share?

I'll be sure to share them today. They'll be Pantone since that's what the Infinikey factory uses. I wanted to find a Pantone exactly like GMK's CP but I may have to go with the next best thing. Gotta tidy up the screenshots I had to take to post them.

Looks very nice.

Curious - why the Rama disclaimer? Im outta the loop.

Rama's U80-A has a render for PORT with a very similar theme, however nothing with the project itself is affiliated with RAMA WORKS.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 18:21:38 »
About damn time, brother! :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 19:42:01 »
Glad to see this come back to life!

Offline bmadayag

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 20:06:57 »
need/want/love!

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 21:30:24 »
Nice. Great to see this is continuing.

Offline VXQN

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 04:22:05 »
Looks great! Now to decide: this or Yuru 👀

Offline Sabin

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 02 June 2020, 07:40:52 »
Really like the colours. Are there renders of the deskmat?

Offline Surostu

• switchkeys.au x keyboardfinder.com
    • keyboardfinder
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 06 June 2020, 07:46:17 »
I cant wait to get this in the mail and sing "aerroooplane jelly for meeeee"
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 June 2020, 22:14:04 by Surostu »

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 13:44:56 »
Really like the colours. Are there renders of the deskmat?

There were some slight colour readjustments on the deskmats so they're just being finalized now, and I should have those files shortly.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 18:15:36 »
Hello, fellow wine lover! Can't say I've heard of port jelly before, but it sounds like something I would like. I'm glad to see this set back in IC. I have some kitting suggestions for your consideration (suggestions numbered for ease of reference):

a. Core Kit
  • The kit appears to be missing a mod-colored R2 1.5u \| key. Add it.
  • Please add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% users like myself who need those keys for their preferred right column setups.
  • Replace Menu with Fn or add a separate R4 1.25u Fn key. This is a must for a lot of 60%/65%/75% users, myself included. I primarily suggest replacing Menu because Fn is a versatile legend that can also work as a Menu key, whereas the opposite isn't really the case.
  • As always, consider using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| for the ISO alpha keys. More on this here and here.
  • Add 2u Shift for 60% layouts with arrows (very popular in the East), as well to allow for 2u space Alice layouts using only the base kit (some people prefer all Shifts over numpad 0). This also means removing 2u Shift from the add-on kit.
  • If you find the base kit growing too large, you can always remove the second R4 1u Ctrl and 1u numpad 00 keys, as they aren't very commonly used nowadays.
  • I personally don't find the jelly novelties interesting. I would suggest moving them to the novelties kit.
  • Consider using single-line legends for lock keys; namely: Num instead of Num↲Lock, Scroll instead of Scroll↲Lock, Caps instead of Caps↲Lock on the stepped key.
b. Mega Add-On Kit
  • ISO – If you decide to go with suggestion #4 from above, replace R3 \| with #~ and add a R4 \| key. This would make this subkit a full ISO-UK kit.
  • ISO – If you want to include tertiary legends as well for full ISO-UK support (this would make sense, given the presence of AltGr keys), change R1 `~ to `~¦ and add a R1 4$€ key.
  • Non-Standard – Add a R3 1.75u Function key. This is another Caps Lock alternative, which we've been seeing more and more of in sets recently. I personally use it on my boards.
  • Non-Standard – If you decide to heed suggestion #5 from above, the 2u Shift key can be removed from this subkit.
  • Ortho and 40s – Consider adding a R3 1.25u Fn key. Some 40% users prefer this over Tab.
Apologies for the somewhat lengthy post. I hope you'll find these suggestions useful :)

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 07 June 2020, 19:06:04 »
You have no clue how excited I am

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 18:26:49 »
Hello, fellow wine lover! Can't say I've heard of port jelly before, but it sounds like something I would like. I'm glad to see this set back in IC. I have some kitting suggestions for your consideration (suggestions numbered for ease of reference):

a. Core Kit
  • The kit appears to be missing a mod-colored R2 1.5u \| key. Add it.
  • Please add R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn for 65%/75% users like myself who need those keys for their preferred right column setups.
  • Replace Menu with Fn or add a separate R4 1.25u Fn key. This is a must for a lot of 60%/65%/75% users, myself included. I primarily suggest replacing Menu because Fn is a versatile legend that can also work as a Menu key, whereas the opposite isn't really the case.
  • As always, consider using R3 \|, R4 <> instead of R3 #~, R4 \| for the ISO alpha keys. More on this here and here.
  • Add 2u Shift for 60% layouts with arrows (very popular in the East), as well to allow for 2u space Alice layouts using only the base kit (some people prefer all Shifts over numpad 0). This also means removing 2u Shift from the add-on kit.
  • If you find the base kit growing too large, you can always remove the second R4 1u Ctrl and 1u numpad 00 keys, as they aren't very commonly used nowadays.
  • I personally don't find the jelly novelties interesting. I would suggest moving them to the novelties kit.
  • Consider using single-line legends for lock keys; namely: Num instead of Num↲Lock, Scroll instead of Scroll↲Lock, Caps instead of Caps↲Lock on the stepped key.
b. Mega Add-On Kit
  • ISO – If you decide to go with suggestion #4 from above, replace R3 \| with #~ and add a R4 \| key. This would make this subkit a full ISO-UK kit.
  • ISO – If you want to include tertiary legends as well for full ISO-UK support (this would make sense, given the presence of AltGr keys), change R1 `~ to `~¦ and add a R1 4$€ key.
  • Non-Standard – Add a R3 1.75u Function key. This is another Caps Lock alternative, which we've been seeing more and more of in sets recently. I personally use it on my boards.
  • Non-Standard – If you decide to heed suggestion #5 from above, the 2u Shift key can be removed from this subkit.
  • Ortho and 40s – Consider adding a R3 1.25u Fn key. Some 40% users prefer this over Tab.
Apologies for the somewhat lengthy post. I hope you'll find these suggestions useful :)

I'll take some of these into consideration and see if they can make it into the final version as there are many good suggestions, however I don't know what the limitations are with Infinikey and what I can have in each kit. I like the suggestion for R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn as I primarily use 65% myself.

The jelly novelties will stay in the base kit; if you don't find them interesting then you can always purchase the add-on kit to receive the ones you like, however since the set is primarily based around the jelly itself that's going to remain.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2020, 18:41:10 by Ashardalon »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 08 June 2020, 21:10:13 »
I'll take some of these into consideration and see if they can make it into the final version as there are many good suggestions, however I don't know what the limitations are with Infinikey and what I can have in each kit. I like the suggestion for R3 PgUp and R4 PgDn as I primarily use 65% myself.

The jelly novelties will stay in the base kit; if you don't find them interesting then you can always purchase the add-on kit to receive the ones you like, however since the set is primarily based around the jelly itself that's going to remain.

Cheers. Reading back now, I probably shouldn't have included the jelly novelties remark in the suggestions, as, more so than others, that one is my own subjective opinion more than it is a recommendation that's based on established best practices and preferences in the wider community (which I tried to keep the suggestions limited to). In any case, if you do succeed in implementing most of these changes, I think it will set a good precedent for Infinikey sets moving forward — an opportunity that Pastel PBT, unfortunately, missed.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 11:33:39 »

Cheers. Reading back now, I probably shouldn't have included the jelly novelties remark in the suggestions, as, more so than others, that one is my own subjective opinion more than it is a recommendation that's based on established best practices and preferences in the wider community (which I tried to keep the suggestions limited to). In any case, if you do succeed in implementing most of these changes, I think it will set a good precedent for Infinikey sets moving forward — an opportunity that Pastel PBT, unfortunately, missed.

To the second part of that: absolutely, I should have word back on what I'm able to readjust for the set this week. I'm still working on getting renders for the kits, but will most likely hold off now until final changes are made.

Offline gordonderp

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 20:37:35 »
Please keep the jelly theme, as an aussie port aeroplane jelly is iconic

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 18:24:26 »
Please keep the jelly theme, as an aussie port aeroplane jelly is iconic

Absolutely, I've come up with names for the two mats that you may recognize if you've heard the theme song before!

Updates have also been added to the bottom of the original post regarding kit feedback and adding names for the deskmats. The kits that are there now will be the final kits so that accurate renders can be generated. Working on getting samples in, and I do have the pantone codes for each colour, I'm just bad at photoshop and haven't found a nice way to put them all together.

• Mods - 7421 C
  • Alphas - P 1-2 U
  • Accents - 4022 C
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2020, 18:31:30 by Ashardalon »

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 11 June 2020, 19:44:03 »
Great to see mod-colored pipe and R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn keys added. Any chance for 1.25u Fn? I feel that this is something that would also benefit a lot of users.

Offline niakulah

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 12 June 2020, 02:14:56 »
Nintendo Famicom!!! Beautiful colours.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 15:02:10 »
Great to see mod-colored pipe and R3 PgUp, R4 PgDn keys added. Any chance for 1.25u Fn? I feel that this is something that would also benefit a lot of users.

Unfortunately not; I had submitted your suggestions and ended up deciding on what is in the updates section. There won't be any more changes now so that my team can work on kit renders, but I really appreciate all the feedback you provided and I'm glad to have implemented a few of them!

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 03:39:41 »

Unfortunately not; I had submitted your suggestions and ended up deciding on what is in the updates section. There won't be any more changes now so that my team can work on kit renders, but I really appreciate all the feedback you provided and I'm glad to have implemented a few of them!

Alright, thanks for the info! I'm glad I could be of help. I'll be following this set closely.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
Re: [IC] Infinikey Port | Pricing and Dates!
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 12:52:31 »
I've updated the thread to now include the GB date (July 17th), as well as the NA vendor pricing for Port! I will be reaching out to the other vendors (aside from myself) in order to get their pricing and will update the thread once I receive it. Also confirmed is a Keypora collaboration with Alphakeycaps, which can be viewed on their instagram, as well as with Primecaps once the samples for the kit come through in July.

Update: Non-US proxies will be updating pricing a few days before the GB date due to changing exchange rates. The pricing will be under the current Vendors section and will be provided fore the core kit and mega add-on kit respectively.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 June 2020, 12:59:57 by Ashardalon »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 12:53:54 »
I've updated the thread to now include the GB date (July 17th), as well as the NA vendor pricing for Port! I will be reaching out to the other vendors (aside from myself) in order to get their pricing and will update the thread once I receive it. Also confirmed is a Keypora collaboration with Alphakeycaps, which can be viewed on their instagram, as well as with Primecaps once the samples for the kit come through in July.
Nice pricing! I’ll be down for at least a base kit.

Offline woyaodapian

« Reply #28 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 00:38:43 »
Seriously underrated kit. The colors are beautiful. Keen to join for both kits!

Offline longtran

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 23:58:47 »
I am in

Offline Hell-es

« Reply #30 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 00:07:14 »
Is Sparta dead?

Really like the colorway and pbt
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 June 2020, 00:17:32 by Hell-es »

Offline GergWorst

« Reply #31 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 04:40:44 »
Looks a bit like Sparta.

Also thought this wanna gonna be another water themed set admittedly based on the name. Didn’t expect the drink but hey, it was a pleasant surprise

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 11:44:38 »
anyone up for parting out mega add-on kits, I'd pay up front for 2.25u/2.75u split space, maybe some others.

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 18:50:54 »
Is Sparta dead?

Really like the colorway and pbt

I've seen a bit of Sparta but I don't know anything regarding its status. Glad you enjoy the colourway! I feel the design and actual caps will have enough of a difference from Sparta to be worth grabbing, especially with the increase in plum/port-coloured boards recently.

Looks a bit like Sparta.

Also thought this wanna gonna be another water themed set admittedly based on the name. Didn’t expect the drink but hey, it was a pleasant surprise

I have heard that before, but I feel the prototype coming this month will show it's visually distinct, and has its own unique flavour. Glad to hear it was a pleasant surprise! The brand is quite dear to my heart being so nostalgic, and the port wine flavour is unique as well.

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 19:08:08 »
No Rama Cap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 22:04:55 »
No Rama Cap?

Not this time, no. There was an Alphacaps Keypora that ran in late June, and so long as I am able to get the prototypes by the time the set runs, there will be an artisan collab with Primecaps!

Offline FireLock

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 06:54:39 »
Cost friendly alternative to GMK Sparta. I like it!

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Offline DuellM

• Keyboard Fatty
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 20:19:14 »
No Rama Cap?

Not this time, no. There was an Alphacaps Keypora that ran in late June, and so long as I am able to get the prototypes by the time the set runs, there will be an artisan collab with Primecaps!
Oh cool, that’s even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Madman77

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 12 July 2020, 13:31:20 »
I like the Color mix. Count me in

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 12:51:24 »
Nice pricing! I’ll be down for at least a base kit.

Turns out I was wrong on the Mega Add-on Kit pricing so that might make it even more enticing now. I was reading my currencies wrong and it'll be $40 USD!

Offline Doip

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 18 July 2020, 08:47:18 »
Bought in yesterday! Gonna have to amend my order to add the add on kit as well. Really slept on kit! Hope it hits MOQ

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #41 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 21:50:42 »

More
<-- progress
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 July 2020, 22:15:27 by dvorcol »

Offline caviar

« Reply #42 on: Tue, 21 July 2020, 02:58:17 »
any prototype pictures of the set IRL?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 22:12:51 »