Author Topic: Calling Keyboard & Keycap Designers  (Read 1132 times)

Offline lowfidelic

Calling Keyboard & Keycap Designers
« on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 09:13:15 »
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well

I'm a newbie who just discovered this niche market/hobby of custom keyboards and keycaps just several days ago and I've fallen down the rabbit hole of YouTube videos, group buy websites etc and I'm finding it amazing!

I'm a uni student in my final year of an advertising degree aspiring to be an Art Director. I've chosen to complete my final capstone assessment developing a campaign for a custom keyboard & Keycap business in this niche market.

I am excited to learn more about this hobby, the market, the businesses within it, the competition etc and over my next semester I would compile a complete research, design, copywriting, strategy, production, social media campaign with a 5000 word case study and rationale for submission. But I need some assistance and/or direction on understanding the keyboard designers and keycap designers workflow and design intricacies.

Usually if an advertising agency works with a client in this industry they would be obtain the 3d renderings, CAD drawings, and any templates they use for advertising/art direction use to execute the design requirements of a campaign.

Is there anyone here who designs keyboards [render and CAD] and keycaps [renders] who is kind enough to connect with me and be one of my industry sources to assist me in developing the visuals or provide me with templates for the above mentioned that could be used visually for my uni assessment?

I don't know this industry well and don't have any contacts yet to provide suggestions, recommendations, and/or who are willing to assist with their experience.

I may require basic keyboard and keycap layout templates I'm assuming [not sure if anything more is required] as I will put together a complete strategy and art direction roll out for a business in this field/niche from social media to video production and much more over the coming semester.

Here is my current online portfolio which will be updated with my work as i progress in my course: www.creativeramy.com

Can anyone assist me? recommend anyone to contact? your assistance is greatly appreciated.

I'm excited to see what I can develop with this project I'm undertaking and any designers who would like to connect with me is welcome to via DM or my discord #ramy9531

Thank you in advance.