Author Topic: [opensource] GH80-3000 | Cherry G80-3000 replica  (Read 39244 times)

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
Re: [opensource] GH80-3000 | Cherry G80-3000 replica
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 06:22:44 »
Woops :-[
What clock rating should be used? (If this is explained elsewhere I'm truly sorry)
16 MHz is mandatory. By the way, I had already put a crystal and capacitors in the BOM list so you should be ready to go.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX.

Offline DevilZmods

• Etsy Shop
« Reply #151 on: Sat, 13 June 2020, 12:48:43 »
I'm looking to get some of these made and shippied to germany, but shipping is just as much as the pcbs themselves even before tax.

I Also fiddled around with smt assembly, but somehow the components don't align (identical misplacement within each component type) and i don't know how to "re-assign a correct 0 orentation package" which should be the definitive fix for the issue.

Is anyone interested in a blank pcb + components from lcsc? I might be able to assemble a few boards as well as i recently acquired a hot air soldering station.
Even better would be, if anyone could help me modify the project to make use of JLCPCBs (more or less - but advertised as) free smt assembly service!

I'm from germany, so at least the logistical part of this would be limited to the EU.

Offline IkabodLame

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 11:13:34 »
I'm looking to get some of these made and shippied to germany, but shipping is just as much as the pcbs themselves even before tax.

I Also fiddled around with smt assembly, but somehow the components don't align (identical misplacement within each component type) and i don't know how to "re-assign a correct 0 orentation package" which should be the definitive fix for the issue.

Is anyone interested in a blank pcb + components from lcsc? I might be able to assemble a few boards as well as i recently acquired a hot air soldering station.
Even better would be, if anyone could help me modify the project to make use of JLCPCBs (more or less - but advertised as) free smt assembly service!

I'm from germany, so at least the logistical part of this would be limited to the EU.

Hi, I'm in the UK and I would be down to put in for a group buy of these PCB's. I wouldn't be able to help in terms of modifying it for the free SMT, but I might be able to ask around and see if I can find some help with regards to it.

Offline AngryCoder

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 19:33:48 »

I am still interested an also from Germany. But I only have a TS100 at hand, not hot air soldering station, so for the first board an assembled one to start with is definitely a plus. But I am also interested to solder one by hand, because why not :D. On the long run I would also like to try to modify the files myself. But this will take time as I have no background in electronics. I'll write you a PM for further communication.

Offline Azurewrath

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 14:52:03 »
Btw. could it be that your diode pads are too small/narrow? Or did i order the wrong diodes? It's almost impossible to solder a nice joint on both sides, since the contact is always at the absolute edge on one side. No matter if hand soldering or paste plus hot air..
I'm using 1N4148W in a SOD-123 package.. just as you wrote.

Edit: Yeah.. just checked. They are a bit too small. Looks like you used normal 0805 pads for the diodes, but they should be bigger/wider?
I mean, it's possible to make it work.. but it's a pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2020, 15:53:38 by Azurewrath »