Author Topic: [IC] GMK Cojiro | Group Buy has Ended | Final Numbers on GB Post  (Read 84439 times)

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
[IC] GMK Cojiro | Group Buy has Ended | Final Numbers on GB Post
« on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:29:07 »
Everyone, grab your swords. GMK Cojiro is here! bwuk, bwuk

GB is now LIVE from Jan 1-31st head over to the Group Buy thread

Kits

Base

Bōken 冒険 (Novelties)

Hiragana

Spacebars

40's / Ortho

Desk Mats

Waves (Dark)

Waves (Light)

Moonlight

Collaborations

RAMA

Niwatori 鶏

Nezumi ねずみ

Renders

Werk One

Constellation 65

TGR Jane V2 CE

Hello fellow keeb enthusiasts, I go by Kwerty and maybe some of you have seen my name around or some of my videos on Youtube.

SO I know what you're thinking.. Cojiro oh great another Zelda based set. Well for those of you who recognize the name you'll be pleasantly surprised this set has nothing to do with Zelda.. actually it was inspired by my second favorite game of all time Stardew Valley.
I really want to thank my friends who pushed me to go ahead with this and all of the amazing people from this community who helped get me to the GB stage. And a very special thank you to both Virtual and Pikku who helped with the artwork and renders for this set.

GB is live now until Jan 31st

NA: TX Keyboards
CA: DeskHero
Asia: iLumkb
EU: CandyKeys
AU: Daily Clack

For updates please follow my Instagram:
https://instagram.com/Kwertykeys

Banner

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=108641.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/bqkdmCP.gif[/img][/url]

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 March 2021, 16:26:39 by kwerty »

Offline yoot

• none
Re: [IC] GMK Cojiro
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:30:02 »
Looks nice! GLWIC

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:39:36 »
Cojiro oh great another Zelda based set
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline pnw-g

• i have a dog
[IC] GMK Cojiro
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:44:08 »
Respect the large base kit. Good luck
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 September 2020, 18:05:54 by pnw-g »

Offline Tree_

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:48:01 »
Don't care for the theme but the colour choices are nice. I'd be in for a base kit.

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 17:57:45 »
Cojiro oh great another Zelda based set

Damn you! lol

Offline powwu

• Discord
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 18:47:03 »
I love the look of the alphas, this set is quite nice. Good luck!

Offline Janoma

• certified nerd
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:31:23 »
r2 K avail? jk jk. But fr, this set is beautiful and classic.

GLWIC

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 19:58:21 »
r2 K avail? jk jk. But fr, this set is beautiful and classic.

GLWIC

I like the way you think  :D Thank you everyone!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 September 2020, 20:05:56 by kwerty »

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 20:46:20 »
I like the colors, but the alphas with their unique color, look like theyre from a different set than the mods. Maybe if the accents had the light blue legends it would bring balance. Don't mind me though, just one rando opinion.

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 00:08:28 »
Looks good!
Also, love seeing a flashed out/prober IC like that, good luck with it :thumb:

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:16:02 »
These shades of blue work so well with each other.

Was a honor to help you!

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 17:50:45 »
These shades of blue work so well with each other.

Was a honor to help you!

Hey aren't you that GMK Sumi guy?  ;)

Offline roguesystem087

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:28:07 »
ooooooo great novelites, count me in, i hope you keep the set simple cos frankly what you have here is already super dope.

Offline davisthegreat

• 3DKeebs
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:32:59 »
Want.

Offline avtar

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 00:17:20 »
Any chance of a dark alphas kit?

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:23:15 »
Want.

ooooooo great novelites, count me in, i hope you keep the set simple cos frankly what you have here is already super dope.

Any chance of a dark alphas kit?

I am not planning to make too many big changes as I am really happy with it, there have already been some great suggestions on the IC form though and I think likely I will do some sort of dark / light kit. Hiragana is the second most requested kit so that will definitely be in the GB. More renders to come!

Offline Missingnumber

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 08:05:59 »
Love the set idea. I really wish the stardrop 1u was either R1 or R4 though. R3 seems like a waste.

Offline Blastoise

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 15:14:59 »
Love this. Ready for it.

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 13:47:14 »
UPDATE 09/21/20 All vendors have been confirmed! GB is currently scheduled for early January  :D

Offline lluvia

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 16:28:16 »
Just curious, where does the sword reference come from?

Especially seeing the "Everyone, grab your swords. GMK Cojiro is here!" as someone who is Japanese, the name Cojiro invokes that it is Kojiro with a style-choice of "C" instead of "K."

(Sasaki Kojirō is mostly known as the rival of (more famous) Japanese swordsman, Miyamoto Musashi.
They tickle the hearts of young boys as they are ancestors of anime swordsman tropes with Musashi known for his dual-wielding, and Kojiro known for his two-foot long sword. They are often referred to in reoccurring names like Hanzo or Sasuke.)

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 17:15:29 »
Just curious, where does the sword reference come from?

Especially seeing the "Everyone, grab your swords. GMK Cojiro is here!" as someone who is Japanese, the name Cojiro invokes that it is Kojiro with a style-choice of "C" instead of "K."

(Sasaki Kojirō is mostly known as the rival of (more famous) Japanese swordsman, Miyamoto Musashi.
They tickle the hearts of young boys as they are ancestors of anime swordsman tropes with Musashi known for his dual-wielding, and Kojiro known for his two-foot long sword. They are often referred to in reoccurring names like Hanzo or Sasuke.)

That is very cool I didn't know that! Actually the sword is a reference to the sets theme of adventure and inspiration from the game Stardew Valley. However the name Cojiro comes from the name of the blue chicken in OoT.
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 September 2020, 17:19:17 by kwerty »

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 17:29:31 »
Damn, the renders for this set look great, definitely interested.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline mandre_

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 15:11:23 »
Looks great, can't wait to see how it comes out! Definitely gonna hop in the GB

Offline kera13th

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 07:05:58 »
wow! love the colors, will wait for this.

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:37:33 »
UPDATE 10/10/20 New renders for hiragana, spacebar and 40's kits added!

Offline kidviddy

• 駄日記
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 16:32:19 »
Nice set!  I took a look at the hiragana render; thank you for including R3 む and R4 ろ which are needed to use the hiragana set on a JIS keyboard (and also useful for ISO as well, I suspect, though I admit I am not 100% certain of the ISO-JP layout).

You're missing just one key for full JIS support: the R1 ー key. This would go to the right of へ on a Japanese keyboard, and can be thought of as a character in its own right (extending the length of the previous character), rather than a punctuation or sound-modifying symbol like ゛ or ゜.  Check out GMK Masterpiece, GMK Sumi, and GMK Hanami Dango (amongst others) to see how others have approached this key.  GMK Masterpiece takes its cue from the Mac legend which draws a dotted box around the character like ゛ and ゜, while GMK Sumi and GMK Hanami Dango both feature the character undecorated, and sized to match the rest of the kana.  Both are fine options; personally I tend to prefer it without the dotted box, as the main purpose in having the dotted box on the Mac layout is to differentiate it from the underscore _ that sits on the same key as ろ, but on a monolegend kit you don't have the underscore, or any other punctuation, so there is no chance of confusion.

GLWIC!

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 13:11:07 »
Nice set!  I took a look at the hiragana render; thank you for including R3 む and R4 ろ which are needed to use the hiragana set on a JIS keyboard (and also useful for ISO as well, I suspect, though I admit I am not 100% certain of the ISO-JP layout).

You're missing just one key for full JIS support: the R1 ー key. This would go to the right of へ on a Japanese keyboard, and can be thought of as a character in its own right (extending the length of the previous character), rather than a punctuation or sound-modifying symbol like ゛ or ゜.  Check out GMK Masterpiece, GMK Sumi, and GMK Hanami Dango (amongst others) to see how others have approached this key.  GMK Masterpiece takes its cue from the Mac legend which draws a dotted box around the character like ゛ and ゜, while GMK Sumi and GMK Hanami Dango both feature the character undecorated, and sized to match the rest of the kana.  Both are fine options; personally I tend to prefer it without the dotted box, as the main purpose in having the dotted box on the Mac layout is to differentiate it from the underscore _ that sits on the same key as ろ, but on a monolegend kit you don't have the underscore, or any other punctuation, so there is no chance of confusion.

GLWIC!

Thanks for catching this I think we missed the ー key and will add it in the next render! Also thank you for the additional information about these keys will consider both decorated and undecorated variants for which looks best.

Offline KuroTheCrazy

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 October 2020, 14:02:53 »
UPDATE 10/10/20 ...40's kits added!

based, definitely interested in this set

Offline Bryan

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 17:13:04 »
This set is really growing on me since I first saw the IC.

However is there a reason why accent arrow keys and spacebars aren't included in any kits?

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:18:57 »
Don't care for the theme but the colour choices are nice. I'd be in for a base kit.

Hello my fellow tree

I agree
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline diymkb

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 06:09:41 »
Is there any chance for a dark kit? Purple C on Blue 2766 on all keycaps?

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 20:38:07 »

You're missing just one key for full JIS support: the R1 ー key. This would go to the right of へ on a Japanese keyboard, and can be thought of as a character in its own right (extending the length of the previous character), rather than a punctuation or sound-modifying symbol like ゛ or ゜.

Added!

Is there any chance for a dark kit? Purple C on Blue 2766 on all keycaps?

Yes this has definitely been one that has come up a lot with people requesting either pink or the light blue for legends. May try out this idea and see how it would look but I think a dark kit would be very cool!

Offline Dazon

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 01:32:51 »
I was super excited before the mention of a dark alpha kit, but am even more interested now!! I love SDV and am so hyped for this!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline WejB

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 19 October 2020, 11:13:53 »
Looks amzing, good luck

Offline cadrev

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 15:52:55 »
Oh I like this! Is there any possibility of getting 1 more 1u key on the novelties set, for keyboards with side macro like quefrency and zenith.

Offline orim23

« Reply #36 on: Fri, 06 November 2020, 16:48:29 »
+1
Ordered a zenith and wouldn't get the novelties without an additional 1u r4 key.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline x1angel

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 07 November 2020, 14:57:18 »
How abt having a dark set?

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 12:03:21 »
Oh I like this! Is there any possibility of getting 1 more 1u key on the novelties set, for keyboards with side macro like quefrency and zenith.

+1
Ordered a zenith and wouldn't get the novelties without an additional 1u r4 key.

Thank you! I think we will look to possibly add a second 1u R4 stardrop for these macro boards if people plan to put the novelties here

Offline Hyphen

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 12:24:31 »
January is going to be one of those expensive months, isn't it.

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 09 November 2020, 21:07:46 »
How abt having a dark set?

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Have this in the IC form, it's a very popular choice so far so if it continues I may try to add a dark alphas kit! Pink accent kit has also been heavily requested :D

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #41 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 15:33:24 »
UPDATE 11/10/20 Some renders and kits have been modified, also added a cute signature for those who want to support! Big update coming soon with desk mats and collaboration designs  ;)

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 17:04:57 »
Some thoughts on the updated kits:

Base

Show Image

It looks like the base kit is missing a R4 1u Alt key, which is used by many layouts across all board sizes, from 40% up to 1800. I recommend adding this key to the kit.

Since all of the text legends in this set are single-line except for Num↲Lock, may I suggest changing this key to say Num, for consistency's sake?

Another aesthetic consideration when it comes to legends (albeit a slightly more subjective one) concerns the R3 1.75u Control key. You may want to change this key's legend to a ^ icon, since the text legend can look out of place when surrounded by Tab and Shift icon mods from the top and bottom. Here's a visual example of what I mean; also, here are a few examples of sets that have made this change: 1 2 3 4.

Spacebars

Show Image

1.75c space and one of the two 1.00c spaces should be removed from the spacebars kit. These keys are used only on 40% boards, and seeing as they are already present in the 40s / Ortho kit, including them in Spacebars serves no purpose. In their place, I recommend adding a second 3.00c space to the kit (for 3–3 and 3–1–3 split space setups).

40's / Ortho

Show Image

Speaking of the 40s / Ortho kit, the Minivan R4 Lock key is currently rendered as 1.50u, which is probably an oversight. It should be changed to 1.75u, and the legend should be changed to say Lock in text since this key goes on the bottom row.

Adding a second 1u Shift key is also recommended as there are a lot of ortho users that prefer having Enter on R3 and Shifts on both sides on R4.

On the topic of the 1.75c space again, I recommend removing one of the two 1.75c spacekeys from this kit. This is because 1.75c is an uncommon size among 40s boards, and even in cases where a board uses two 1.75c spaces (JD40, JD45, Prime_L), the 1.75u Lock key can be substituted for the second one — which is totally fine, since most users of the aforementioned boards don't map both keys to space anyway.

Edit: formatting
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 November 2020, 17:11:52 by konstantin »

Offline cadrev

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 09:43:15 »

+1

Thank you! I think we will look to possibly add a second 1u R4 stardrop for these macro boards if people plan to put the novelties here

Wow thanks  :eek:! Also by any chance is there a render with how it will look with a white keyboard?
Also I agree with having an extra dark alpha kit! For sure I would buy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2020, 11:48:10 by cadrev »

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 15:34:40 »
Some thoughts on the updated kits:

Base

Show Image

It looks like the base kit is missing a R4 1u Alt key, which is used by many layouts across all board sizes, from 40% up to 1800. I recommend adding this key to the kit.

Since all of the text legends in this set are single-line except for Num↲Lock, may I suggest changing this key to say Num, for consistency's sake?

Another aesthetic consideration when it comes to legends (albeit a slightly more subjective one) concerns the R3 1.75u Control key. You may want to change this key's legend to a ^ icon, since the text legend can look out of place when surrounded by Tab and Shift icon mods from the top and bottom. Here's a visual example of what I mean; also, here are a few examples of sets that have made this change: 1 2 3 4.

Spacebars

Show Image

1.75c space and one of the two 1.00c spaces should be removed from the spacebars kit. These keys are used only on 40% boards, and seeing as they are already present in the 40s / Ortho kit, including them in Spacebars serves no purpose. In their place, I recommend adding a second 3.00c space to the kit (for 3–3 and 3–1–3 split space setups).

40's / Ortho

Show Image

Speaking of the 40s / Ortho kit, the Minivan R4 Lock key is currently rendered as 1.50u, which is probably an oversight. It should be changed to 1.75u, and the legend should be changed to say Lock in text since this key goes on the bottom row.

Adding a second 1u Shift key is also recommended as there are a lot of ortho users that prefer having Enter on R3 and Shifts on both sides on R4.

On the topic of the 1.75c space again, I recommend removing one of the two 1.75c spacekeys from this kit. This is because 1.75c is an uncommon size among 40s boards, and even in cases where a board uses two 1.75c spaces (JD40, JD45, Prime_L), the 1.75u Lock key can be substituted for the second one — which is totally fine, since most users of the aforementioned boards don't map both keys to space anyway.

Edit: formatting
\

Thank you for this super detailed list, going to go through these and will update if any of these changes are implemented!

Offline roguesystem087

Re: [IC] GMK Cojiro | GB Goes Live Jan 1st!
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 16:26:03 »
woooo hoooo  first gb of 2021 for sure!!

Offline manic#1447

« Reply #46 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 19:28:26 »
looks super clean! Also love the star dew valley theme!

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 14:19:39 »
January is going to be one of those expensive months, isn't it.

woooo hoooo  first gb of 2021 for sure!!

looks super clean! Also love the star dew valley theme!

Thank you! Desk mat update coming soon  :D

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 15:26:13 »
pikku renders make me want to buy
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline kwerty

• beep boop i'm a robot
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 18:38:23 »
UPDATE 11/24/20 Desk mat renders have been added, more to come with keyboards on top so you can visualize how they might look on your desk!

To do list: Update some kitting, fix novelty renders and add pricing which is currently being figured out!