Author Topic: PBT Graydient [feedback]  (Read 1266 times)

Offline bobasweatandtears

PBT Graydient [feedback]
« on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 10:05:33 »
A keycap set design featuring a monochrome ombre, wed like to gather some feedback prior to posting an official interest check thread

This keycap set development has been paused whilst modifiers, themes and novelties are being reworked.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 October 2020, 04:14:42 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline thatkoaladoe

• consider SA Nightlight
    • SA Nightlight!
Re: PBT Graydient [feedback]
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 10:32:45 »
finna cop

Offline ddrfraser1

• 7u > 6.25u
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 11:35:45 »
As far as gradient keycap sets go, someone form someone who doesn't like them, this one looks pretty good. I would keep the numpad white tho. Great deskmats.

Offline fropsie

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 12:53:37 »
So ignoring the fact that your logo looks a bit like a swastika, the off-white artwork copying is just a bad idea my dude. I suggest canning that one right now.
Additionally, this seems a bit too on the nose on hypebeast stuff. Additionally, the whole "grayscale" gradient thing just doesn't really feel much related to that of the whole streetwear/hypebeast scene. A nice 2-tone set with gray and white with some touches of grey as accents could maybe fit this aesthetic.
I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and maybe redoing that logo. GLWIC.

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 13:22:08 »
So ignoring the fact that your logo looks a bit like a swastika, the off-white artwork copying is just a bad idea my dude. I suggest canning that one right now.
Additionally, this seems a bit too on the nose on hypebeast stuff. Additionally, the whole "grayscale" gradient thing just doesn't really feel much related to that of the whole streetwear/hypebeast scene. A nice 2-tone set with gray and white with some touches of grey as accents could maybe fit this aesthetic.
I suggest going back to the drawing board on this one and maybe redoing that logo. GLWIC.
Appreciate the honest feedback. We'll be changing the logo design. I can see how it may be a bit too on the nose on the hypebeast theme, hence why in the feedback form we're considering the option of just standard mods as core kit.
The whole streetwear hypebeast scene is mainly BoW, but if we did that, we'd be accused of going into Gok kuro/shiro territory, with only differentiators being novelties and accent keys. An alternative theme I did consider twisting this greyscale pattern too was Shibuya Crossing (and at initial conceptualisation, Gothic statues/theme)

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 13:23:27 »
finna cop
:thumb:
As far as gradient keycap sets go, someone form someone who doesn't like them, this one looks pretty good. I would keep the numpad white tho. Great deskmats.
Thanks. Understand that Gradient keycap sets aren't for everyone, so that's high praise.

Offline eskimojo

• Formerly eskimojo14
    • KeycapLendar
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 15:53:31 »
Do you know what Cherry PBT manu you're aiming for? (Infinikey, ePBT, CannonCaps?)

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 16:22:06 »
Do you know what Cherry PBT manu you're aiming for? (Infinikey, ePBT, CannonCaps?)
We're likely aiming for IFK at this stage, partially because we'd like to get prototypes if possible before GB.
Manu has not been locked in, so I would be interested to see what people's opinions are, as we're not clear on the exact differing points between all three, with CannonCaps being relatively newer (I heard they were still missing some compatibility molds for kits beyond core)

Online Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • GMK Noel
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:11:09 »
 :blank:

Offline Kingk22

• Naptime
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:16:21 »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 23:24:41 »

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 07:35:40 »
Hi, I'm not familiar with Geekhack culture. What does :blank: mean?

Given potential sensitives with the logo design we chose, we will being updating all renders and relevant desk mats. We're aware there are consistency and legend alignments issues, thus will take the opportunity to try and improve images. We're aiming to iron out issues as much as we can prior to IC.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2020, 08:33:11 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Ja3_420

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 11 October 2020, 12:21:02 »

Offline llKanull

« Reply #13 on: Thu, 15 October 2020, 11:56:41 »

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:21:58 »