Author Topic: [IC] Tactile Switch Tester  (Read 2854 times)

Offline JerryDeMouse

[IC] Tactile Switch Tester
« on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 10:11:12 »
Most people that are going into this hobby already know what type of switch (Tactile, Clicky, Linear) they want. But I've never seen anyone make a specialized switch tester based on the type of switch so I'm filling in the gap.

This is the first time I'm running a GroupBuy and I don't know if I should partner up with other vendor like KBDFan (though the chances of that is low), run a kickstarter campaign, or just make a website and do it myself. What are your thought?

List of Switches: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MgPBkMG5k4Dle1wZfRdCkdaH-635mkKHctt8Q0HYRUc/edit?usp=sharing

Forms: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeA_ZxSnSINJy_vWt7Q4OnRciS7967RiBQyZjC4TwyjahIiaQ/viewform?usp=sf_linkYBB
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 November 2020, 10:25:55 by JerryDeMouse »

Offline bisoromi

• Formerly Duwang
  • owo
Re: [IC] Tactile Switch Tester
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 10:23:13 »
Definitely Kickstarter
(credits to Kokaloo)

Offline gatinas

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 10:46:14 »
You're charging $3 per HP switch?

Come on man.

Offline LeoZ

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 01 November 2020, 11:51:54 »
I feel like getting a good range of tactile switches is hard to do. There are some one-offs it seems with like Naevies or Lilacs (if those were never restocked). Giving people the common brown switches from Gateron isn't needed and Zeal tester kits already exist. The way I see it, providing a tester with like Zeal switches and some of the harder to find switches would be more appealing to the enthusiast, but I guess I could see how something like this might be more marketable to the masses.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 13:31:04 »
the QC & coordination for all of the moving parts seems like a tough task, but i think the product idea overall sounds solid.

Offline paulgali

• SKME
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 14:44:28 »
Definitely Kickstarter

Thanks Biso, I literally spat my drink out  :'(