Author Topic: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Assembly updated)  (Read 8178 times)

Offline SFT StarDust

[IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Assembly updated)
« on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:41:44 »
Update
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assembly

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Topdown Views

The Badges
Geology, Astronomy, Mechanics, Biology

INTRODUCTION 

Hi guys, we are working at a brand new design of keyboard --Magnet 039.

The name is from a story of immigrating to Mars

Magnet is man-made Magnet Field which protect the Mars atmosphere from solar wind

And 039 means 39 min that a day on Mars more than on Earth, it's free, private time with no response, no supervision carnival.

The first expedition team including four kinds of experts - Geologist, Astronomer,  Mechanical Engineer, Biologist, and they take the mission of build a livable environment on Mars.

SPEC 

- Typing Angle: 6 deg
- Layout: 65% , WKL
- Anodic Aluminum (the body) and brass PVD(the ornament) ,acrylic Bluetooth window (the glowing circle on the left side)
- Structure: Integrated mount, Individual battery cabin
- Plate: Integrated in case
- Dimensions: L x W x H = 354 mm x 125mm x 30mm
- weight: TBD
- Wireless and also get USB type - C

Features 

<Individual indicator lights which shows all kinds of status including charging , Bluetooth connection status and so on >
<Acrylic Bluetooth window on the side with LED lights, like a thruster, which is elegant and at the same time ensure the wireless signal good >
<Changeable badges on the right side which connect to the case with magnet, and it got four different themes including Geology, Astronomy, Mechanics, Biology>
<Integrated mount with very limited space under PCB, so it will keep the pleasant uniform typing feel and solid sound with no inner cavity echo>

Renderings 

More Details

MOVING FORWARD 

Most of the structure and functions are fixed ,and we are working at the details.

Now we want some feedback from you guys and fix the final design.

So, the plan is here.

1. Get the feedbacks and fix the final design.
2. Get the case and PCB assemble test done (2 week).
3. Start Group Buy (last for two weeks)
4. Get the volume production( 8 -12weeks).

And I'll continually attach more design details here ,  all kinds suggestions will be appreciated

So, do you like it?

let me know if you like it
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:22:00 by SFT StarDust »

Offline 2Moons

Re: Magnet039 - 65%
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:42:14 »
Reserved

Offline whirlwind

Re: [IC] Magnet039 - 65% Keyboard of SFT
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:49:07 »

So, the plan is here.

1. Get the feedbacks and fix the final design.

I can't give any feedbacks if there's no google form.

Offline Xonuss

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:54:39 »
Initially looks very nice, but would like to see full board renders that are not upside down.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 05:55:10 »
I think the design is interesting but there is to much going on in my opinion.

I'm most interested to know how Bluetooth will be implemented and if the software has been developed already?

From past GBs, Bluetooth has *always* been a let down.

If the Bluetooth is tested and reliable, I'm sure you will have plenty of people who will be interested

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline kohalified

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 06:02:17 »
Can you do a full top down shot? Really hard to piece together the board with the board renders you currently have up. But so far it looks interesting almost in the vein of matrix keyboards, and I don't mean that as an insult.

Offline PleasantChaos

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:05:21 »
How are you gonna implement wireless? Bluetooth? if yes, how high is the price gonna be due to licensing?
Speaking of price, how high is the price gonna be? Do you have a prototype?
Where are you located, so how much will shipping be? Have you run groupbuys before and if not, will you use proxies?
What material is the board? Just aluminium is too little info.

Design doesnt really look good and the whole IC looks like a moneygrab to me, sorry.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:20:16 »
Initially looks very nice, but would like to see full board renders that are not upside down.

I'll update a upside down view tomorrow  ;) ;)

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:41:01 »
How are you gonna implement wireless? Bluetooth? if yes, how high is the price gonna be due to licensing?
Speaking of price, how high is the price gonna be? Do you have a prototype?
Where are you located, so how much will shipping be? Have you run groupbuys before and if not, will you use proxies?
What material is the board? Just aluminium is too little info.

Design doesnt really look good and the whole IC looks like a moneygrab to me, sorry.

It's ok ,  I'll keep update more details continually .

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:45:17 »

I'm most interested to know how Bluetooth will be implemented and if the software has been developed already?

If the Bluetooth is tested and reliable, I'm sure you will have plenty of people who will be interested

The PCB hardware and software is developing and I haven't received the first prototype yet, it 's will be in a 3-4 weeks.

I'll update a assembly pic in this week .

Offline Oddstag

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 07:46:04 »
Like others I'd like to see a render or two of the board where you can take in the whole thing at once. Like, just sitting on a desk would be nice. Right now it is a little like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.

From what I can see: I like the desire to make something unique with a story behind it. However for my personal tastes the board is far too busy and more importantly, lacks harmony. You've got front badges, back badges, and stuff going on on all over the side. You've got circles mixed with squares, mixed with hexagons, mixed with lines. You've got half the name of the board on the front and the other half on the back, and none of the badges are communicating anything. I'm afraid I don't know what the quote on the back of the board has to do with your theme?

I like the general direction you're going with something the appears sci-fi/futuristic like the Cybervoyagers, there's a lot of good keycap sets that match that sort of board coming out in the next year. However my recommendation (for what it's worth) is to go back and think about what you're really trying to say with this board and trim this design down to just the essentials that serve that vision.

Offline Insanecamo

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 November 2020, 20:23:02 »
Seems interesting, but would like to see a normal render of the thing on a desk or something.
Also a side note: like others said, it's a bit too busy.

Offline SFT StarDust

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and badges update)
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 00:23:10 »
Hi guys ,I've updated the Top down views and some badges rendering .

more details is on the way .

Offline Flexmaster

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and more details update)
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 07:00:52 »
Love the design

Offline treeleaf64

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Top down over view and more details update)
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 09:46:02 »
resereveed
Leader of Gateron gang
May display immature behavior

Treeleaf's Youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAVQHinK0K-AjLlbc7MZjfA?view_as=subscriber

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 13 November 2020, 09:49:05 »
Whats with the uneven blockers and empty space next to the spacebar?

Offline basedRNC

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 21:26:16 »
Calling a board magnet but not pursuing magnet mount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline treeleaf64

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 14 November 2020, 21:41:49 »
Treeleaf not approved

Oh I have already commented negatively on this post. I won't do it again, sorry
Leader of Gateron gang
May display immature behavior

Treeleaf's Youtube Channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAVQHinK0K-AjLlbc7MZjfA?view_as=subscriber

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:15:59 »

the Software is developing now, the bluetooth got a individual PCB and fixed on the bottom case, the antenna face to the acylic bluetooth window which will let the signal out.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:20:40 »
Like others I'd like to see a render or two of the board where you can take in the whole thing at once. Like, just sitting on a desk would be nice. Right now it is a little like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle.

From what I can see: I like the desire to make something unique with a story behind it. However for my personal tastes the board is far too busy and more importantly, lacks harmony. You've got front badges, back badges, and stuff going on on all over the side. You've got circles mixed with squares, mixed with hexagons, mixed with lines. You've got half the name of the board on the front and the other half on the back, and none of the badges are communicating anything. I'm afraid I don't know what the quote on the back of the board has to do with your theme?

I like the general direction you're going with something the appears sci-fi/futuristic like the Cybervoyagers, there's a lot of good keycap sets that match that sort of board coming out in the next year. However my recommendation (for what it's worth) is to go back and think about what you're really trying to say with this board and trim this design down to just the essentials that serve that vision.

Very helpful feedback , I have to say the design is really a bit busy , and we 've already discuss how to simplify it, and to the theme actually there is a whole story about it ,but it still haven't been post yet.

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 07:22:30 »

:)) :))  may next Magnet version.  :cool: :cool:

Offline pilsy

Re: [IC] Magnet - 65% keyboard of SFT(Assembly updated)
« Reply #21 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:53:02 »
I very much like the general idea of the keyboard (in terms of design). However, I agree with the comments above. Narrowing the design down to just a few elements and shapes would help and I also find the uneven space between the keycaps a bit irritating (next to the spacebar).
Though, I feel like this could become a very nice-looking keyboard, with these changes. Definetly on my watchlist.  ;)

Offline lush_bunny

• CLACK CLACK M**********R
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 08:56:39 »
I want to love this so bad (because bluetooth) but what is up with those bottom row blockers?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 09:32:13 »
I very much like the general idea of the keyboard (in terms of design). However, I agree with the comments above. Narrowing the design down to just a few elements and shapes would help and I also find the uneven space between the keycaps a bit irritating (next to the spacebar).
Though, I feel like this could become a very nice-looking keyboard, with these changes. Definetly on my watchlist.  ;)

got you, we are working at simplify the design and update it this week , and the uneven keycaps space problem is from the model ,will adjust it next update .

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 09:34:55 »
I want to love this so bad (because bluetooth) but what is up with those bottom row blockers?

thank you for support, which row blockers do you mean?  would you past a pic?

Offline zoo

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 12:41:25 »
is the space around the mods for acoustics?

Offline raptorzoz

« Reply #26 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 15:35:21 »
what price range should we expect this to be in? Other than that I really love the design!

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #27 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 21:33:36 »
Price TBD, should be under 399 USD

Online kk73715

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 01:25:07 »

:)) :))  may next Magnet version.  :cool: :cool:

already thinking of the next run??? thats a little offsetting

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 16 November 2020, 09:28:06 »

I'm talking about those 0.25u(?) blockers between the space bar and the Alt keys. Is that a deliberate choice? Also will there be a WK version?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #30 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:05:26 »

I'm talking about those 0.25u(?) blockers between the space bar and the Alt keys. Is that a deliberate choice? Also will there be a WK version?

Ya, it is a 6.25U space , should be a 7U one . but now due to suggestion of IC ,  the Top case now is modifying to a more simplified one , I 'll post it later this week .

Offline VXQN

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:10:24 »
Have you considered adding top-blockers to match the sublime whimsy that is the bottom row?

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 19 November 2020, 04:36:21 »
Have you considered adding top-blockers to match the sublime whimsy that is the bottom row?

Offline SFT StarDust

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 20 November 2020, 02:01:02 »

The layout would change a lot in the new simplified top case , I 'll update it this week

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 21 November 2020, 19:14:17 »

Thanks man!

Ya, it is a 6.25U space , should be a 7U one . but now due to suggestion of IC ,  the Top case now is modifying to a more simplified one , I 'll post it later this week .

Offline Alessio01

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 18:33:00 »
the gaps between the keycaps are so wide this would double as a piggy bank when not in use.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 05:17:38 »
Very unusual and quite cute.  The green looks amazing.
Current Daily Driver : Maja Ergo - Kiwi

Systems
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|RTX 2080Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-9900k@5GHz|16GB(3200)|STRIX-RTX2080Ti|EK Closed Water Loop|Z390-F|1TB 960 Pro|1TB 980 Pro|Dell AW3418DW|NEC MultiSync|Rode NT1&AI-1|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 35 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made

Keyboards
More
IBM 3101  |  IBM 3276  |  IBM 5150  |  IBM ModelM  |  Dictaphone Dual Display  |  Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them)  |  Commodore (all of them)  |  Nixdorf  |  Siemens  |  ICL  |  Filco Majistouch - Cherry Brown  |  KBDFans 5degree - Zilents  |  Rama M6-B - Healios  |  CA66 - Tealios v1  |  ClueBoard - Zealios v1  |  Varmilo VA69M - Cherry Black  |  E7-V1 SE - Tealios v2  |  Rama U-80 - Ink Blacks 205g0  |  VN66  |  BOCC  |  Rama M10-C  |  FLX Virgo  |  Rama M60-A LYN  |  2 x Space65 CyberVoyager  |  Clarabelle  |  Elongate Mini 1800  |  Petrichor 1800 - TKC Tangerine v1 Relubed 205g  |  Vulcan Maja Ergo - TKC Kiwi  |  Think6.5v2  |  Jacky Bear 65%  |  Sakabato CB87 TKL - TKC Banana Split  |  KCK KY-01  |  Jae J-01 F&F  |  S7.7  |  The Adélie  |  NIX OxalyS80 LE  |  Mesa TKL  |  F&F Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass  |  Skog Reboot  |

Offline Drakenocas

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 24 November 2020, 17:51:31 »
Looks pretty good.  Getting tired of 65s, but I could go along with this one.