Author Topic: [GB] Lumberjack PCB - In Production  (Read 7307 times)

Offline sleezy91

Re: [GB] Lumberjack PCB - In Production
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 05 April 2021, 14:08:39 »
looking forward to build this keyboard!
to improve my 3d and render skills, i used the lumberjack as a test piece today:

Offline peej

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 10:53:44 »
Anywhere I can subscribe for possible r2 or left over stock about this PCB? I don't always check this forum and really am interested in picking up a PCB sometime.

Not sure what post GB plans are but there will be extras and probably other stuff.

I've put up a form for if you want to be emailed when there is news: https://forms.gle/AuwkYoE6p6PvZoRX9

Offline peej

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 10:56:30 »
to improve my 3d and render skills, i used the lumberjack as a test piece today:

Wow, that is so cool, nice.

Offline Deviculus

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 13:24:23 »

Now I feel like I should have gotten the white pcb. Was planning on having an all black setup, but the contrast of the pcb with the case and keycaps in the render looks great.

Offline NihonCK

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 21:44:15 »

Not sure what post GB plans are but there will be extras and probably other stuff.

I've put up a form for if you want to be emailed when there is news: https://forms.gle/AuwkYoE6p6PvZoRX9

Thank you very much! I was following the github recently for this and had plans to order a PCB. Just dont always check this forum as often as I should

Offline AdisaFolami

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 10 April 2021, 03:39:54 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 April 2021, 18:39:08 by AdisaFolami »

Offline peej

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 04:51:38 »
A busy week this week with good news and bad news.

Let's start with the bad.

The PCBs arrived on Tuesday and I soon realised that I'd somehow ordered some boards with the non-USB-C design. You order PCBs in batches of a certain number, so to get the numbers we need in each colour, I needed to order multiple batches. To save from uploading the gerbers over and over for each batch, you can select the pre-uploaded file from a menu. It seems that this pre-uploaded one was actually from a previous upload before I'd added the USB-C. Totally my fault, I should have triple checked the IDs on the gerber upload.

A second order with JLCPCB has been placed to correct the error and since we're ahead anyway, shouldn't affect delivery time.

Now the good news.

I built up one of the USB-C PCBs and tested it, everything worked first time, so very happy about that. It's really nice to plug everything in and see VIA popup recognising the Lumberjack.

I've updated the build guide with images from the test build https://github.com/peej/lumberjack-keyboard/blob/master/guide.md

The FR4 plates are good, I've done a test fit and they add a nice amount of sturdiness to the PCB.

Acrylic covers have been ordered and are due to arrive in a few weeks.

Most components have arrived:
  • I am short some micro-switches so I've ordered more.
  • The big capacitors are on backorder, so I'm waiting on them until I can start bagging up.
  • I also waiting on screws and standoffs from China.

There will be plenty of non-USB-C kits available as extras, I'll probably be stuck selling these for many months to come or I'll have to make a space in the back of the closet for them.

I've created Google form for people who want to be informed when extras become available https://forms.gle/AuwkYoE6p6PvZoRX9

Thanks again for your support, have a nice week.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 April 2021, 12:07:53 by peej »

Offline chalcocabana

• That's one bad bird.
    • Twitch
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 13:28:26 »
These updates are awesome. Love the new build guide too! I am just starting out with soldering and working with electrical components. Looking forward to putting this together!
I don't know zip and I'll die a fool.

Offline DerBonk

• I'm just this guy, you know.
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 14:55:59 »
Thanks again for keeping us so well informed. Very sorry about the mix up, hope you can sell these extras quick enough. I, for one, am fine with just USB mini and will look out for the extras.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 19:13:06 »
Thanks again for keeping us so well informed. Very sorry about the mix up, hope you can sell these extras quick enough. I, for one, am fine with just USB mini and will look out for the extras.

Same, missed this GB before but its very cool and seems to be in good hands.